Thread: why 1?

Default why 1?

why is it that many of the more experaned players her sugusting to all of the newbs that are in trouble that the should delete and restart when sever starts?
    I know from personal experance is that a new person on a new sever is just something juicy for the agressive players to raid (well maybe be spawned 4 squares away from one of the top players on one sever has me jaded). I think that telling them to restart on 1 will just make it that much more likly that they'll get raided right out of bp and/or stop playing travian, I think having a longer protection time for the newest poeple will be more benifical for them, so they can get a strong feel for things before they are out of bp. Yes there's more chance of them being cat'ed and they won't be a part of the winning allaince, but there's also less of a chance that they will be farmed I'd think.
    anyway I wait to be enlighted by those who know more about this subject then me
    Quote Originally Posted by mslit View Post
    Actually, what would make this game complete is an elephant archer. Yes, that's right, a little tiny guy running around with a great big bow that launches elephants!

(I'd put Bella's too, but she doesn't need the help....)

It is primarily due to the fact that it puts them on a level playing field where they have hopefully learned form their mistakes. That being said, it gives them an opportunity to look thorugh some of the guides on teh forums, and try to figure out where they went wrong, and also ask others to help them figure out where they went wrong.

I also usually suggest that they continue with theri other account until the restart, (and sometimes try out some other accounts) to test out what they will try to do different on the restart...
    s2 r2 BAM NE - STORMRIDERS

s2r3 - Farmboy
    I support the return of rep comments
    Last edited by Belladonna; Today at 10:20 AM.. Reason: Still not amused (ps - I was)

There is no reason why they can't keep their accounts. I am a newbie (been playing since Christmas) and have accounts on 3 servers (speed, 4 & 5). Two of which I have a second village.

I was getting beaten at the beginning of the Speed server. Once I crannied up and built up a decent army I was left alone. I now have 2 villages with a third in the wings this week. I would say thats not too shabby for a beginner. With that said I would not be surprised if someone tests my defenses today!

You need to give yourself a minimum of 2 months to see where you are in the game before you really can judge your progress. Find yourself a good alliance with a mixture of experienced and new players. Read all of the guides you can find, you will have lots of time while you wait for your buildings to finish.

The level playing field thing is the best reason in the world to restart if youre having problems.

on a restart no one will have catas or 3000 strong armies to raid you with.

If they get raided, they come here and are told to cranny up.
    Also, since there are no catapults at the start of a server, they have a better chance to get established (build up their fields, make an army that sort of thing). Once you know how to do that (which is why the guides are so helpfull) you have a much better chance at doing well on future servers.

I agree with you silly pete, I think that they should continue on whatever sever they've already started onI came onto 2 late and my only real goal for that sever is to survive to the end, grow and to maybe get to know some poeple.
    Mostly I was just wondering as to why most poeple here who comes with overly agressive player problems are being told to join 1 when it starts, insteed of crany up and/or talk to the person that has been what poeple were saying most often when I fisrt started playing this
    Quote Originally Posted by mslit View Post
    Actually, what would make this game complete is an elephant archer. Yes, that's right, a little tiny guy running around with a great big bow that launches elephants!

(I'd put Bella's too, but she doesn't need the help....)

mostly because the "over aggressive players" tend to destroy what they no longer have any use for...
    A soldier playing at General.

"Loot, pillage, plunder, THEN burn..."

You basically get a longer beginer protection by starting on a new server. You don't want to pre register, start a few days into it so you stay away from psycho center! The level playing field is the best reason. Try a speed server, even if you get nuked you can delete and restart and try different stratagies faster.
    "Even though it is awesome and powerful, I don't take no guff from the ocean!" Homer Simpson

Past .us servers- Strait scuba US3 R2, US1 R1, US1 R2, US6 R1, US2 R2(quit), Megbie US3 R1, Blow Pops US5 R2
    Current Server- Strait Scuba 3rd US 3R3

visit my website http://www.straitscuba.com

Quote Originally Posted by Governer_Hunter View Post
    I agree with you silly pete, I think that they should continue on whatever sever they've already started onI came onto 2 late and my only real goal for that sever is to survive to the end, grow and to maybe get to know some poeple.
    Mostly I was just wondering as to why most poeple here who comes with overly agressive player problems are being told to join 1 when it starts, insteed of crany up and/or talk to the person that has been what poeple were saying most often when I fisrt started playing this
    considering that the majority of responses are to cranny up.. and a combo of cranny up or restart... I don't know where your getting your statement from.

And a long BP means nothing, if your already being farmed...(that is your obviously out of BP)

And of course as everyone else has said, a new server doesn't have 1000 catapults waiting for you...