Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Text wall (with pictures!)

Default Text wall (with pictures!)

<Part I>

An Adventure Tale

It all started the night before last when I was sitting in the command chair surveying the forums, chortling over my christmas eve hits of KON WW feeders as I send them out again- casually watching the command screen as my oasis raiders grabbed all the KON loot they could carry and headed home.

When out of the blue - Oh No! A series of red alerts flashed on the screen. Raiders were on their way to MY oasis... along with single waves at my cap and hammer village! The sheer Gaul of them (or is that Tueton of them?) to go for my oasis made me chuckle. Well, the very next morning I shifted out the resources from my cap and the enemy raiders landed... and.. I couldn't believe my eyes!

http://travilog.org.ua/en/6607959/1f...c4cf146c4d/2/1

Now, my sitter never shows much emotion at all - he's a wizard at logically organizing tons of alliance things and is always buried in his duties. But I showed him this raid - and I swear... even he cracked a smile...

So there I am cracking up over it with tears in my eyes - a 60K hammer raids my oasis for 340 wheat!

So I get right onto the forums to report on this feat...

Good times. Later in the day my first mini hammer lands - success again? What does it take to kill these things I think? Certainly not sending them at KON...

http://travilog.org.ua/en/6315597/63...8da2835cd1/2/1

Then my second hits and gets obliterated but takes out a nice chunk of defense as it goes...

http://travilog.org.ua/en/3130240/bb...d7a78104e1/2/1

Back to the forums to tweak some KONites.

So anyway, later that afternoon - just about the time the oasis Hammer raider gets back home - I'm online to see - you guessed it - Oh NO! - 5 of my villages get 6-7 cat speed waves at them - I see them materialize - first my cap - my hammer and my secondary hammer - then a few nothing villages. I contact the perpetrator and inform him "I know you really pulled the trigger on one of these" - we chat - he sends at more of my villages - I tell him that I still think his hammer is in the first set - he tells me No... see he's attacking other players too. At this time I get contacted by Justinian - and I tell him I'm finally worthy of being attacked by KON... hes says no - I say YES and tell him who is doing it. He leaves and checks up on it - then goes to to the KON lair and implements retribution for me knowing this...

Within an hour or so after this conversation - Suddenly I have tons of inbounds from 1/3 of the KON blob mass! I debate publicly telling Kerzi how they must love me - but I figured she'd just sit there and tell me...

<end part I>
    Last edited by SilentRuin; 12-31-2010 at 04:45 AM.
    This is the best thread of all time.
    SilenceRuin "momento mori" - payment in full for those who have given me the lols

<begin part II>

I happen to be online chatting with a member of PACK telling them about all this as it happens and she suddenly pauses in the middle of a sentence... and next thing I know I'm getting told ...

I'm being blamed for KON raids across the board - I tell them BAH - its all fakes - I know the real culprit. Soon I'm talking with two other members of the PACK heirachy and this is.. no joke .. what they said...

You can imagine I'm sitting there going BAH - they are all fakes - I know I'm the target!

I have to guess what village they are hitting - my first thought is the secondary hammer village because my mini hammer is still heading home with its fat loot bag. But I see that attack has a 1 second gap after the first wave - who would do that? No - better guess another village. So while I'm waiting I stick what's left of my swords/cats in a village not being attacked.

So now we come to today. First thing in the morning I see that stupid speed arty has done an unscouted miracle swoop in and killed all my last 1k swords and 1K cats...

http://travilog.org.ua/en/7301437/e5...0504a1483e/2/1

So I'm all like...

<end Part II>
    Last edited by SilentRuin; 12-31-2010 at 04:38 AM.
    SilenceRuin "momento mori" - payment in full for those who have given me the lols

<begin part III>

In any case, I've ignored the 150 inbounds in two of my villages and marked the 6 waves from who I know is the real hammer in the two villages that KON has sent the blob mass against. Here it comes - nope fake in the cap - here comes the next - BAM - the real hammer - no defense to speak of - but that 1 second gap is somehow one of the cat waves that got ahead of the hammer itself - DOH! It dies so my main/market is spared but 5 wheat fields, a woods, and 2 granaries and a wharehouse go down in flames. Fortunately I sent wheat to land the second afterwards and still have granaries - so the mini hammer lived! A Phyrric victory if ever I saw one I think!

http://travilog.org.ua/en/2093382/40...8ac4d59201/2/1

Anyway - I've rebuilt now its later that same day as I post this - and my village is back to full power except for some granary levels. The offending hammer is missing the chance to particpate in plan drops - and me...

Well I'm still sitting here

And thinking about how fun this all was. I was right in all my guesses but that pesky cat wave that beat the hammer fooled me. Ah well... Perhaps I can see if ACDC players are around... yep... there they are looking in on my post now

THE END
    Last edited by SilentRuin; 12-31-2010 at 04:38 AM.

This makes no sense.

It would appear you are trying a different tactic to troll us, or you got your forum account hacked.

Spelling and grammatical errors, entirely different writing style and paragraph structure (yes, there is a difference).

I'm calling fail troll attempt.
    us5r2: Tiamat: #1 attacker, #1 hero. had a blast.
    us5r3: Jaali: 'i refuse to be victimized by notions of virtuous behavior' -calvin. Grats to Jarwa.
    us3r4: Tempus: Official s3 idiot. herpderp.
    s6r4: Janbos. first, last and only egh.
    s2r6: Persephone/Leif Ericson: The Funtards and divorce are a B****
    s2r7: ?

Quote Originally Posted by Eudaimonia View Post
    Birds fly, dogs bark, wookie smash. Such is life.

Quote Originally Posted by Durinmaleus View Post
    This makes no sense.

It would appear you are trying a different tactic to troll us, or you got your forum account hacked.

Spelling and grammatical errors, entirely different writing style and paragraph structure (yes, there is a difference).

I hacked him with my mad hacking skillz.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ql1uLyuWra8
    Us5r2-Spiff (FoZ)
    Us5r3-George Clooney (Pack)
    Us5r4-Charlie Sheen ()

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    I know the real culprit. Soon I'm talking with two other members of the PACK heirachy and

this is.. no joke .. what they said...

Oh gods.. Maybe instead we can just exchange him for wheat with AC|DC?
    Some days you just know better. Other days you just don't care.
    "Lilith thinks Feanor is evil incarnate." <---- Finally someone understands me.

S2r2 - BAM - Punisher | S2r3 - BREW - DarkFather
    S4r2 - Pantless- Jefferson - http://travian-reports.net/us/raport.php?id=1237083f411
    S5r3 - PACK - Dorfl | S5R5 - IMT
    S7R1 - Gemini - Feanor | S7R2 - ACME

This makes no sense.

Seems notepad did a number on the spacing - fixed Bored or making no sense - matters not to me - most fun I had ever posting

Quote Originally Posted by The Moment You Know View Post
    Oh gods.. Maybe instead we can just exchange him for wheat with AC|DC?
    Give me a map co-ord to send to.
    us5r3: Jaali: 'i refuse to be victimized by notions of virtuous behavior' -calvin. Grats to Jarwa.

us5r1: Justinian (BS)
    us7r1: Domitian (CM-BS)
    us5r2: Justinian (KoN-FUSE) *win
    us4r3: Trajan (RC) *win
    us5r3: Justinian (KoN) *win
    us2r4: Buzz Lightyear (PD) *WW
    us5r4: Justinian (KoN) *win
    us5r5: Justinian (Bacon)
    us3r7: ??? (TL;DR) *win, #1 account
    us19: Atom Ant (H&V) *win

Quote Originally Posted by Justinian1 View Post
    I'm going to go ahead and go out on a limb and vote nay on that supposition, my good man.

So I'm all like...

You must spread some Tribbles around before before giving them to SilentRuin again.

My side of the story goes like this:

We have some defense in our starter. Some times we have defended stuff, but mostly we'd had to npc wheat to feed it.

I got tired of NPCing yet again, so I thought, hmmm, what to do, what to do ...

Taking a look at the map, I found that SilentRuin actually was in our 13x13. Hey cool, we'll just send him reins! And he'll probably starve them so we can yell at him later!

To our huge surprise he was under attack at that very moment, and our reins died defending him.

So we ended up looking like we read the defense section AND that we wanted to help!

Safe to say, my colleagues in the Carlos estuary have yelled at me for 48 hours straight. To sum it up, "this is NOT how Carlos rolls."

Awesome post, SR. I actually kept looking back up as I was reading, to make sure I had read the author's name correctly

Having fixed my confusion on the OP'er, I concur. Pure win.

If you had been doing this all round (ie. including funsie pics) you probably wouldn't get all the hate.

I find it amazing that he finally dropped the Captain Kirk school of writing in the same thread he chose to use that character to represent himself. Threw me for a loop

Quote Originally Posted by haavarl View Post
    My side of the story goes like this:

We have some defense in our starter. Some times we have defended stuff, but mostly we'd had to npc wheat to feed it.

I got tired of NPCing yet again, so I thought, hmmm, what to do, what to do ...

Taking a look at the map, I found that SilentRuin actually was in our 13x13. Hey cool, we'll just send him reins! And he'll probably starve them so we can yell at him later!

To our huge surprise he was under attack at that very moment, and our reins died defending him.

So we ended up looking like we read the defense section AND that we wanted to help!

Safe to say, my colleagues in the Carlos estuary have yelled at me for 48 hours straight. To sum it up, "this is NOT how Carlos rolls."
    Yes, I had a talk with one of your duals - Jamie I believe. Once I straightened him out on what the story was - he was quite miffed. Don't worry - I told him which dual did it.

No no... don't thank me - anything for a neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by Kerzi View Post
    Awesome post, SR. I actually kept looking back up as I was reading, to make sure I had read the author's name correctly
    Well think of it this way - either all my posts are like this except most are aimed at KON and ACDC - not myself or PACK... or...

I'm reaching my audience level with pictures and crayon writing on them

[Now see - now you'll say I'm back to normal ]

Having fixed my confusion on the OP'er, I concur. Pure win.

If you had been doing this all round (ie. including funsie pics) you probably wouldn't get all the hate.
    Goals my friend. You have to set goals. I like all my posts - and to me they are identical. It's as thet old poster in s7 always told me - its all in the perspective you view the post - aimed at you - it's a monkeys butt. Aimed away - its quite funny.

You have to understand from the monkeys perspective...

It's always funny

Sleeping. Of course, with travian, that seems counterproductive.

*sighs* A text wall is never something anyone looks forward to waking up to in the morning... but enough to cover three posts?. You must surely hate me SR.
    Quote Originally Posted by JD70 View Post
    America is like a teenage boy, we don't know when to pull out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron D'Holbach View Post
    Two years?! You know if you have a location that last for four hours or more you're supposed to consult your physician, right?

Quote Originally Posted by the highlander View Post
    *sighs* A text wall is never something anyone looks forward to waking up to in the morning... but enough to cover three posts?. You must surely hate me SR.
    Oh come now - you know you never have to really worry about my posts... you could safely skip them in fact to do your job!

It's those pesky reponses they generate... don't blame the messenger

Give me a map co-ord to send to.
    So how much wheat is SR worth to you?

S4r2 - Pantless- Jefferson - http://travian-reports.net/us/raport.php?id=1237083f411

I appreciate your walls, now, as long as they say something new. The lulz help a lot.

edit: I'm not shipping any wheat, least without an offer on the table.
    Last edited by Durinmaleus; 12-31-2010 at 02:47 PM.

+rep for pictures!
    com6r1 - Warraxx (solo) | com6r2 - Warraxx (solo) | com6r3 - lkdood (dual) | com4r2 - warraxx (solo)
    com4r3 - Lord Warraxx (solo) | us2r1 - Warraxx (solo) | us2r4 - Warraxx (dual) | us5r2 - Warraxx (solo)
    us5r3 - Ajaxx (solo) | us5r4 - Warraxx (solo) | au4r4 - Warraxx (solo) | tc3 - deus ex machina

Oh I forgot to ask...

KON,

How long till you move out of my territory?

SR

[If this is cryptic - you better look around ]

So how much wheat is SR worth to you?
    Shame on you ~F~,,shame shame shame
    FBF

Quote Originally Posted by c8ntlose@aol.com View Post
    Shame on you ~F~,,shame shame shame
    Whaddayamean shame??

As long as it's not a case of us having to ship wheat to AC|DC to get them to take SR it's already a positive. I figure Wookie should be willing to ship 1K wheat for each period or elipse that SR writes. Or we could go per line or per word.

Either way, it's enough to feed 3 WWs through endgame.

Whaddayamean shame??

As long as it's not a case of us having to ship wheat to AC|DC to get them to take SR it's already a positive. I figure Wookie should be willing to ship 1K wheat for each period or elipse that SR writes. Or we could go per line or per word.

Either way, it's enough to feed 3 WWs through endgame.
    You got a point there,mang. I digress.
    FBF

Oh I forgot to ask...

KON,

How long till you move out of my territory?

SR

[If this is cryptic - you better look around ]
    MY 13x13... GET OUT! (52|-72)

Dear KON,

Now see? The attacks are on the way already. I just had to point it out to you Now...

Get out - I claim this and the surrounding territory for PACK

SR

P.S. Thanks for all the fakes. Unbelievably (at this high of a hero) - you actually leveled him. You guys are the best

P.P.S Nice hit - using my calculator lets see how KON grabbing my resources is progressing - that oasis raid was 60K force getting 340 wheat (clickity clickity click) and this 2000 force got half that (clickity clickity click)... WOw. While not as much wheat stolen - thats a huge rise in troop effectiveness

P.P.P.S 30 inbounds? And growing? What would you do without me KON. That entire region must be starved of anything to attack at all with such a threatening 10 pop village to illicit such a huge repsonse... and growing! Who says the forums aren't fun.

P.P.P.P.S Oh NO! That oasis hammer just hit this village! But this time that 60K hammer almost doubled it's pull - yanking out 527 resouces. Your learning... I love KON.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; 12-31-2010 at 06:53 PM.

Yes, I had a talk with one of your duals - Jamie I believe. Once I straightened him out on what the story was - he was quite miffed. Don't worry - I told him which dual did it.

No no... don't thank me - anything for a neighbor

You killed my...

And you just insulted me... (goes off to figure out where kue hid the keys to the hammer this time)

Oh oh....you've ticked Jamie off. Good luck with that

Quote Originally Posted by hound_dog View Post

You killed my...

And you just insulted me... (goes off to figure out where kue hid the keys to the hammer this time)
    Did you know, you're the second person to tell me that "he" was in error?

But not to worry. I'm pretty sure I've inadvertently (or is that vertently in some cases?) insulted everyone in the forums at one time or another.

Something to do with my delivery I think. I'll figure out how to do it properly one day...

Never fear

And you are not the first alliance mate...

[wait... that term just doesn't fit right there - something... trying to remember why not... ah well. It will come back to me ]

.. nor the last to ever threaten me with obliteration. I'm afraid its another aspect of my "delivery"

THIS...was awesome.
    Sadly, I cannot plus rep you.
    You must spread some around before giving it to SilentRuin again.
    Quote Originally Posted by gebne View Post
    St. Chak, glorious atelier, faithful servant and bearer of thong,
    the stain of the troll has caused you to be forgotten by many,
    but the true forum invokes you universally as the patron of things despised of;
    pray for me, that finally I may receive the alterations and the couture of thongs in all my fripperies, ornamentations, and trimmings,
    particularly those of purple hue, and that I may read Chak with the thong throughout Eternity.

And you are not the first alliance mate...

[wait... that term just doesn't fit right there - something... trying to remember why not... ah well. It will come back to me ]

.. nor the last to ever threaten me with obliteration. I'm afraid its another aspect of my "delivery"
    I am sure you are threatened daily, however... about these other alliance folks..
    1. Are they female?
    2. Do they have access to a very large hammer?
    3. Are they on an account where they can sweet talk some of the other duals into launching?
    4. Likes to shop and knows that there are people on the server might pay her good money for using the hammer

Quote Originally Posted by hound_dog View Post
    I am sure you are threatened daily, however... about these other alliance folks..
    1. Are they female?
    2. Do they have access to a very large hammer?
    3. Are they on an account where they can sweet talk some of the other duals into launching?
    4. Likes to shop and knows that there are people on the server might pay her good money for using the hammer
    1) Did you not read the story? Yes.
    2) Yes
    3) Yes
    4) Unknown - but she is beyond question in loyalty to the alliance - not the account.

Only 4 is a possible divergence. Still...

Meesa would vote it's SR's best thread of all time. Heesa told a story in his form, a text wallsa. Meesa would be so proud had not meesa read all his other forum dribble. But meesa likes anyway.
    Emperor JarJar
    Everything is proceeding as meesa have foreseen
    Meesa can feel yousa anger. It gives yousa focus, makes yousa stronger.
    S5r1 Cragshocker (KoN)
    S4r2 CKT (EHJ)
    S5r3 CKT (Pack)
    S5r4 MaximKillus (KoN)
    S3r5 ...............(???)

Quote Originally Posted by the highlander View Post
    I hate you.. you know.. just saying. kisses
    Hai, I'm Jarwa

Many achievements. 10+ year player.

Best achievements:
    #1 attacker - s5r3 Constellation
    #3 Attacker, builder of 3 EGH's, leader, and WW winner of s3r8 - Jarwa / TL;DR

Quote Originally Posted by Kerzi View Post
    Oh oh....you've ticked Jamie off. Good luck with that
    SR, I believe you have met your match. The best move here is to:

1) Go back in time and not kill their troops, or
    2) Use the Force to conjure up replacement troops (plus a new ramstack for you-know-who, while you're at it), or
    3) Run away from this one. She WILL kill you and grind you up into basset chow.

Choose wisely....

Tradesperson

I never thought my ears were so... awesome!
    Dave-O -ANE/PANTLESS- S4R2 last half
    Baelnorn -DOA/DD-A- S6R2
    Mayor- AC|DC- S5R3

Quote Originally Posted by Justinian1 View Post
    SR, I believe you have met your match. The best move here is to:

1) Go back in time and not kill their troops, or
    2) Use the Force to conjure up replacement troops (plus a new ramstack for you-know-who, while you're at it), or
    3) Run away from this one. She WILL kill you and grind you up into basset chow.

Choose wisely....
    I'm afraid the line to "turn me into basset chow" as you put it, is a long queue indeed. I'm currently serving number (flips quickly through the inbounds) number 27...

I'm afraid the line to "turn me into basset chow" as you put it, is a long queue indeed. I'm currently serving number (flips quickly through the inbounds) number 27...
    Do what ya love, right?

<part IV>

And the dead village strikes back!

http://travilog.org.ua/en/8672502/eb...c088080cda/2/1

Part IV is weak and lacks lulz. Moar Kirk!