Thread: T's Journal 2013

Post T's Journal 2013

I bet you all thought you'd finally gotten rid of me. Well, I am here to disappoint those who remember (and pat people sympathetically on the head who don't remember) me.

Today I was once more drawn in to playing Travian. Out of all the games I've played, I've had some of the most fun with this one. Even including staying up till 3am to send coordinated Cat waves.

So now, being back - you will once more be subjected to my insane rants that take the form of a cohesive journal. It'll be lots of fun, especially now that V4 is out and there is new stuff to make fun of.

Listing of Entries:
    Day 1 - Someone needs an arm shave
    Day 2 - HERObot
    Day 3 - Adventure?
    Day 4 - Roast Dove
    Day 5 - Building and more Building
    Day 6 - Cult Following

T.

(First Entry Coming Shortly)
    Mods you can move this if necessary, this is where I always posted it previously.
    Last edited by Tinasilna; 01-24-2013 at 06:48 PM. Reason: adding day 5

Day 1 - Someone needs an arm shave

I found the perfect spot to found a village. I'd carried everything on my back for such a long distance until I found the perfect spot. Then I tossed it on the ground, pulled the string and up popped a House, a moat, a bunch of roads and a couple bridges. It was perfect.

I stood there admiring my fledgeling empire, and then this cranky voice interrupted my reverie. "Build a Woodcutter and I'll give you a present" he said.

I turned around to see a huge man in golden armor. He folded the hairiest arms I'd ever seen across his chest and fixed me with this unpleasant stare that made me want to stab him. I reserved that option for later.

I tried to engage him in further conversation, but all he would tell me was to build a woodcutter. I did not walk all the way out here to do manual labour. I'm a Dictator, not a factory worker.

So I did the only thing I could. I took the hairy guy's sword, and cut off strips of his tunic while he continued to tell me to build a woodcutter in a more and more paniced tone. When I had enough strips I herded him in to a nearby forest and forced him to tie the strips around trees to mark them for cutting.

While we were in the forest I located a small stream with a beaverdam. These would be my first minions. I baited them out with small yummy twigs that I'd pried from trees. I won't go in to detail on the taming process, but I admit to feeling the need for a cigarette afterward.

I left the beavers to knaw down the marked trees and returned for my "present" from the single minded hairy roman. He didn't seem to approve of my minions, but he reached under his tunic and produced a giant pile of resources. That perked my curiousity. How did he carry that much iron ore under there without walking funny? Maybe I didn't really want to know.

Before I could ask, he piped up "Build a Cropland". What the heck is a cropland? And who was this guy to think he should be giving me advice. I'd been planning this city in my dreams for years, now some upstart thought he could dictate terms to me? He promised me another reward, but was it worthwhile?

First I had to figure out what a Cropland was. Was he talking about a wheat field? I didn't really think that my minions would need to be fed, I mean - they could scrounge for scraps on their own, right? I suppose I'd need food though. Raw wheat wasn't really my idea of an idea meal.

So ... I needed some farmers. I did the only logical thing I could think of. I went to a small village one square over and kidnapped a few of their citizens. They wouldn't miss them. I mean, if they were my citizens I wouldn't miss them.

I fitted them both with shock collars and put them to work in one of the fields. They were unco-operative at first, but it's easy to convince people when you stole a sword from an idiot.

My hairy friend dumped another pile of resources from under his tunic. Maybe I could build some kind of mechanical device that would hoist him up and shake him continuously, if resources just kept falling out of his ... then I'd be set for life.

"Change the name of your village to something nice." said the hairy fellow once he'd dropped off his resource pile.

What's wrong with the name T's Village? I thought that was pretty self explanitory. I'd used permanent marker on that silly signpost, now I'd have to get the beavers to make a brand new one. They weren't good with fine woodworking - cutting down trees, yes, making signs, not really.

What should I name the village? Pit of Despair? Surrender all Hope? Hell's Furnace? Something suitably cowing. I've got it! Pink Fluffy Bunny Land! Wait, I think that was the exact opposite of what I was going for.

Maybe something that starts with Q - I like Q's.

I'll have to leave off here, it's getting late and I can tell the hairy fellow is going to try to put me to work again tomorrow. I had to evict him from my house before I could sit down and write, like he thinks he owns the place or something. He was yelling something about being one of the original 2 population of the town including me and to treat him with respect. What nonsense, I don't treat anyone with respect.

T.
    Last edited by Tinasilna; 01-15-2013 at 02:17 PM. Reason: spellcheck

You and Silent Ruin should hang out, you can talk with each other for months and never say anything.
    Roses are red; violets are blue. I shagged your girl; maybe tomorrow you can to.

welcome back Almighty T! :Bowing:

Quote Originally Posted by Chumpanzie View Post
    You and Silent Ruin should hang out, you can talk with each other for months and never say anything.

We used to do that. Then scientists claimed we'd created some kind of black hole that sucked up all the world's information and left everyone with only sarcasm - so we hand to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by El Che View Post
    welcome back Almighty T! :Bowing:
    El! ... crap they made you a Mod? If I'd have know I might have stayed away

T.

Banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinasilna View Post
    ...so we hand to stop.
    Couldn't keep your hands off each other?

Quote Originally Posted by Baron D'Holbach View Post
    Couldn't keep your hands off each other?
    Well there was definitely some heavy petting. I'd elaborate but I think this board is still PG isn't it?

T.

Banned.

Well there was definitely some heavy petting. I'd elaborate but I think this board is still PG isn't it?

T.
    Not really.

Most of the mods are trying to get us to get naked and play poker with them via webcam.

What do you mean trying? Dang it, can't believe I fell for it!
    Roses are red; violets are blue. I shagged your girl; maybe tomorrow you can to.

Not really.

Most of the mods are trying to get us to get naked and play poker with them via webcam.
    Well that's silly, you get naked while playing poker, not before hand. Socks don't count as individual items!

T.

Not really.

Baron! You're going to give people the wrong idea...

You begin clothed, and progress into nudity as you lose.

What do you mean trying? Dang it, can't believe I fell for it!

Banned.

Stop your lies! Clearly the site states that you PLAY nekkid.

Not that you GET nekkid. What kind of chump do you take me for?

I played bingo nekkid once, the grannies got rowdy.

Banned.

I played bingo nekkid once, the grannies got rowdy.
    Did they keep yelling for an "O-69?"

Children stop fighting! You can get nekkid all you want...in the bathtub.

Tina, welcome back. I will look forward to reading your musings once more.
    Note:Any posts made by this poster should always be construed in the most innocent angelic way possible. The poster is not responsible for where your depraved minds go, if you have a depraved mind.

Our Lady of Croppers ~Semper DOS~ ~Viva Toons~ || This area intentionally left blank. || The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity ~ Harlan Ellison

right =write? Entertaining post.
    Originally Posted by Baron D'Holbach
    Stop tooting on flutes and go read a book.

Marmot's was funnier, but nice try. A valiant effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Flossie Schmumpus View Post
    Children stop fighting! You can get nekkid all you want...in the bathtub.
    Tina, welcome back. I will look forward to reading your musings once more.
    That's even kinkier than what they were talking about!

Hey Flossie, good to see you again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Quinn View Post
    right =write? Entertaining post.
    Thank you impartial third party spell checker. I throw in those spelling/grammar/word choice mistakes to see who's paying attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurtz View Post
    Marmot's was funnier, but nice try. A valiant effort.
    So this Marmot was a funny guy was he, well ... I'll just have to meet him and teach him a ... er, talk to him pleasantly about his experiences.

I'm glad someone filled in while I was gone

T.

*somethingsomethinglegaldisclaimer*
    Modzing!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Evil View Post
    I'm not really a girl.
    No, Flossie was naughty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Evil View Post
    I am feeling naughty
    Mmmmm, good enough to make me want to stop being a good girl.
    ****It's fortress
    Quote Originally Posted by Woden View Post
    ^ Note the lack of capitalization.

Day 2 - HERObot

I woke up this morning and found a giant box outside my front door with ACME stamped on the sides and top. My minions must have gotten me a gift for my 1 day anniversary of being an evil tyrant. How sweet of them. Apaprently I wasn't taxing them hard enough if they had enough money left over for gifts - I made a mental note to fix that in the near future.

Inside the box was a huge jumble of parts. They appeared to be heads, wigs, ears, mouths, noses and enough regular pieces to build two seperate bodies. At first I thought it was two chopped up bodies, the pieces appeared lifelike and humanish, but upon closer inspection I noticed the robotic components embedded inside. I initially got my hairy friend to begin organizing the pieces, but after he tried to sneak off with the female torso I had to relive him of his duties. I made a mental note to remember to cut him down later today, he'd start to smell if I left him up there too long.

In the bottom of the box I found the instructions for my new HERObot. There was only one memory chip, so I could only activate one of the robotic bodies at a time. This robotic soldier was programmed to follow my orders and loyally carry out my every whim. That made the decision easy. I assembled the female robot. When I clicked the metal collar around her neck her eyes opened and she began to dance about! Well, not dance, it was more of an awkward staggering walk. She almost fell down a few times. I had an urge to tap my fingertips together and laugh maniacally - but since that's my special Sunday ritual I resisted the impulse.

"Where are my clothes!" she asked indignantly. What clothes? There had been some nice curtains in the box, I'd hung them up over the windows, but I hadn't seen any clothes. I told her if she wanted clothes she'd have to find some on her own. She loftily informed me that she couldn't leave until I gave her formal instructions. Formal instructions?

She sketched out a bleacher and some benches arranged in a semi-circle with a paved center. Apparently I could only issue marching orders from an approved rally point. Who made these rules? I put in a help wanted ad offering a carpenter a home under the bleachers if he'd come to build them.

While I waited for the rally point to be completed I walked to the edge of my village and took a look around. A whole bunch of other villages had sprung up in the nearby area. I'd made sure to run the square of string around my property to seperate it from my neighbors, they'd followed suit so we made uniform rows. It was a little creepy actually. I picked up the ranking manual that had been left in my mailbox overnight and flipped through it to see what rank they'd assigned me. I flipped ... and flipped ... and flipped. What the heck? How many people did they think were better than me? I was sure I'd find my name close to the top, but I was half way through and still hadn't found it. Someone had made a mistake.

I located my HERObot and dragged her over to the still in construction rally point. From there I gave her orders to search out and destroy the man responsible for giving me such a low ranking in the manual. She took the book from me and marched out of the city singing something about going on an adventure. At least she was happy about killing, that was a good sign.

Since I was having a good day I decided to take a walk around to inspect my farmers and beavers to make sure they were performing at peak productivity. I couldn't have slackers working for me, I needed that production going 24/7. What did I find out in the fields? A bunch of farmers at work, with a bunch of women and children lazing about doing unnecessary things like bringing them water and putting up makeshift huts for sleeping in. Sleeping? Breaks? Not on my watch.

I rounded up all the women and tossed them in to one of my clay pits. After I removed the ladders and they whined and complained for a while I told them that if they made enough bricks I might throw food down there once in a while. I figured that was generous, they didn't seem to agree - but I think they'll come around to my way of thinking.

The children I took up to the mines. Since they were short and narrow I wouldn't have to make the tunels as big, which would save me money and effort overall. I was quite proud of my ingenuity in cutting down on the overhead. Mining was expensive work with little return. Now it was work for little people with lots of return. Excellent. The kids seemed more than happy to work for the promise of candy at an unspecified date in the future - ah children.

Things are going so well I decided to take the rest of the day off and entertain myself by swinging my hairy friend like a piniata and trying to hit him with throwing daggers. I needed the practice, lucky for him I wasn't a very good shot - yet.

T.

T. is back! That's a name from the past : D

|Travian Manual|Forum Rules|Server Rules|
    "Veni, Vidi, Victus sum"

Quote Originally Posted by Fighter1405 View Post
    T. is back! That's a name from the past : D
    Aww I knew you missed me Glad to see not everything has changed, your red name comforted me upon my return

T.

Day 3 - Adventure?

When I exited my main building this morning (after a very restful sleep due to my new curtains) my hairy friend handed me a sealed envelope. Printed in block letters on the front it said "Open Me". He seemed to proud of himself, was I supposed to be impressed that he could spell?

I opened the letter. It said he had a present for me. I did not want to know. I handed him the letter back and left as quickly as I could. He followed me. I was not impressed. He started asking me about the villages surrounding me. He wanted a name of one of them or something. I told him to **** off. He pulled out a piece of paper, checked it, then grinned and danced off happily. Wood, clay and iron fell out of the bottom of his tunic as he danced away. I was going to need to build a mental hospital instead of the barracks I wanted.

I was on my way out of the village when I came across my HERObot. She was wearing clothes, well, some kind of sack or something belted around the waist. She was carrying a bunch of traps over her shoulder.

Before I could ask her anything she handed me a pile of resources. Apparently she ingested food and expelled resources. Quite a bargain, I needed to get that second hero body working - or maybe I could dissassemble it and find out hte secret of producing resources from food. Not having to rely on slave labour would be fantastic.

When I asked what the heck she was doing, she proceeded to tell me about her "Adventure". She'd come across some kind of silk worms, and had sung to them so they produced a bunch of silk from her. Then she'd found a hermit off in the middle of nowhere that had woven her clothes from the silk. She'd repaid him by collecting all the traps from the nearby forest so the little animals could roam about freely.

At that point I stopped listening. What the heck kind of Hero was this? Singing to animals? Cavorting with hermits? I didn't hear her say she'd killed anything, not even a fly. This was unacceptable.

I took the cages from her and sent her back out with the admonition not to return until she'd killed something. I was not encouraged as she skipped off singing again about going on another adventure. Who had coded her AI? We needed to have a talk.

I spent the rest of the day wrangling beavers, and kidnapping travelling peasants to work in my fields. The kidnapping part was difficult and time consuming, I needed a new source of slaves. Maybe someone around here had a black market contact so I could get them through back channels without having to do the work myself.

When I returned to the village this evening my hairy friend handed me a dove. The dove had a golden collar that read "Peace" around it's neck. The hairy fellow assured me that the dove would protect me from anyone trying to attack my village. I admit to being skeptical, but I suppose anything is worth a shot. I got a cage for it and hung it from the roof outside of my house before I turned in for the night.

Tomorrow I think it will be time to create mindless drones to do my dirty work. If I can't find some black market trafficers I'd need to widen my net to bring in more slaves.

T.

Day 4 - Roast Dove

That stupid bird kept me up half the night with it's chirping and squaking. How am I supposed to get any rest when it won't shut up. Now I understand how it keeps hostile invaders away, they have one of their own and know how annyoning it is if you get too close. Well, I fixed him - and now I can enjoy the screams of terror from my slaves in relative peace.

After roast dove for breakfast I left my main building to see what the hairy fellow wanted from me today. he handed me a scroll with some drawings on it. From what I could decipher it appeared he wanted me to build a pile of rocks, then transport a huge tree from the forest and plant it right next to the pile of rocks. There was also some kind of calculation for how many resources would fit in the hole in the ground beneath the pile of rocks.

When I questioned him further he told me that if anyone did invade my village I could hide my valuables in the hole and they wouldn't find them. Seriously? How stupid does this guy think invaders are? If my soldiers walk right past a giant pile of rocks with a doorway cut in to them and don't look inside they better not come back home with empty hands and say they just couldn't find anything.

Whatever, the guy poops resources, he can fill the hole up with stuff after I build it. I'd have to set up a motion activated sound device that played Indiana Jones music when you walked through the doorway, that would at least keep me entertained.

A wagon pulled up to my town square, the back was huge and covered with some kind of fabric. The driver handed me down a sealed letter written on black parchment. Curious I opened it. It was very hard to read, the person had written in black ink. Who would write in black ink on black parment?

---
    Dear T.

We have recieved your request for "Emergency Field Fodder" and have sent what we could at this time. Enclosed is your invoice, please pay the driver. Next time, don't elaborate on what you want to do with them, we really don't need to hear about that kind of thing.

Signed,
    Black Market

---

Ah - black market. Well, all the black kind of made sense. My next missive to them would be written with white ink on white paper, turnabout was fair play afterall. Was it bad form to kill their driver because their letter had given me a headache? Probably.

I inspected the cargo then paid the man for the set of volunteers. There was enough of them to likely double the production I was getting from my fields. First things first though, I'd have them build that rock pile. Maybe it would come in handy - at the very least I could bury bodies there.

While they set to work I decided to spend some time on my main building. It was cozy enough inside, but I was thinking of building a study out back. A little wooden shack kind of dealio. It would have a desk, and a rack, and an electric chair, or maybe a hook in the ceiling. All the normal comforts of home.

While I was working my hero returned and handed me a bag of silver coins. What was I supposed to do with silver coins? She went off on this elaborate story of how a travelling merchant had pulled over next to her on the road. He was apparently deathly ill, and his wife had left him and took the cure to his disease with her. He offered to pay my HERObot for the cure - which apparently required some acrobatics in the back of the wagon that I had a hard time visualizing.

It had taken her so long to come back because she was thoroughly exhausted afterward. I imagine she would have been. I wish I'd thought of the faking death to take advantage of the naive woman thing. I'd just have to rely on getting her drunk like the rest of the population.

She still hadn't killed anyone, so I waved her off and again told her not to come back without some blood on her hands. I'm beginning to give up hope on her - maybe I should have activated the male HERObot afterall.

T.

Thank you, it is so nice to have these adventures in Travian back.
    Note:Any posts made by this poster should always be construed in the most innocent angelic way possible. The poster is not responsible for where your depraved minds go, if you have a depraved mind.

Our Lady of Croppers ~Semper DOS~ ~Viva Toons~ || This area intentionally left blank. || The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity ~ Harlan Ellison

Anything by T. is always a good read. Glad you came back right when I did.
    Live Life, Love Others.

Quote Originally Posted by DeLink View Post
    Cheddar is one of the popular, energetic guys.
    "A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult." - Proverbs 12:16

"Comparison is the thief of joy." - Theodore Roosevelt

Dethy Analysis Helper

Thank you, it is so nice to have these adventures in Travian back.
    It's nice to be back! I've been killing people all day, it's fantastic. Thanks for reading (again)

Quote Originally Posted by cheddar View Post
    Anything by T. is always a good read. Glad you came back right when I did.
    You're back too! It's like I never left - maybe it was all just a bad dream.

T.

Aww I knew you missed me Glad to see not everything has changed, your red name comforted me upon my return

T.
    Of course we missed you! Good to see you around again =)

|Travian Manual|Forum Rules|Server Rules|
    "Veni, Vidi, Victus sum"

Your tales of getting a village established are delightful. I look forward to reading many more adventures.
    And now I'll tell you what's against us, an art that's lived for centuries. Go through the years and you will find what's blackened all of history. Against us is the law with its immensity of strength and power - against us is the law! Police know how to make a man a guilty or an innocent. Against us is the power of police! The shameless lies that men have told will ever more be paid in gold - against us is the power of the gold! Against us is racial hatred and the simple fact that we are poor.
    - The Ballad of Sacco and Vanzetti, Joan Baez

Can't wait for those IGM's those are my favorite!

T, do you take writing inspiration from actual gameplay? Or do you just make it up as you go?

Day 5 - Building and more Building

This morning did not go well. I couldn't get out of my building! Over night while I was sleeping my slaves had piled all the resources up out front and eventually the pile had gotten so big that it fell over and blocked the door. What they heck are they thinking? They couldn't have like, built stuff with the resources and improved the city? Of course not, they're all brainless. I suppose if I fed them they might have the energy for thought. I might consider that if this becomes a regular occurance.

I put a bunch of them to work this morning building somewhere to store everything. I figured we could just pile it all in one place and get things out when we needed them. My hair friend seemed to think that would be too complicated and that I needed to build two seperate buildings to hold things. What the heck kind of sense does that make? Waste all those building materials to build two different things to store stuff in?

That wasn't the end of it though, he wanted me to build the granary out of stone. Stone! do you know how much clay that takes? I sighed and went over to the rally point to wake my master builder up from his drunken stupor under the bleachers. I hadn't really needed him for anything since the rally point construction and every day I found him passed out, naked, sucking on his thumb. I'd followed him to try and find out where he was getting the liquor, but he'd given me the slip. Hockey season was finally about to start, how was I going to survive without my beer?

Anyway, I got him working on plans for the new buildings. He seems to know what he's doing. Of course all my buildings look pretty rickety - as long as they're standing upright I can't really complain.

As he left to get to work my HERObot skipped up to me and handed me a book. Emblazoned in cursive gold lettering on the leather bound cover was "Book of Wisdom". Well, that actually sounded kind of useful.

I asked who she'd killed to get it. She told me that she'd come across a hidden monastery deep in the forest. There were statues of naked women out front and she found them fascinating. The monks had fawned over her and told her some nonsense story about only women being able to accept their god's offering on earth and obtain enlightenment. She agreed to participate in their ritual, which seemed to involve her getting naked and locked in a special room. There was a "God's Wall" with holes in it, and the offering would enter through the holes and she was supposed to drink from it. At this point she looked a bit frustrated and said some of the offerings were stubborn and she really had to be vigorous to get them to function.

I sighed and shook my head. That actually sounded like a nice religion, I'd have to send a letter of introduction and maybe open my own chapter here in the village.

The story ended with something about the Monks transcribing their sacred text in to these manuals and selling them or giving them away to women who were enlightened. Interesting. I opened the book.

Inside it said. "Forget everything you know, then seek new instructions." I flipped the page. It was blank. In fact, the whole giant tome was blank. Who put this much paper in a book, and didn't fill it? These monks spent too much time worshipping and not enough time transcribing. I tore out the first page and stuffed it in my pocket. I'd use the rest for my journalling. No sense wasting good parchment.

I didn't even bother to admonish her for coming back without killing anyone this time, I just waved her away. She seemed to be enjoying her adventures and I didn't have anything better for her to do at the moment. I watched her leave and spotted a merchant driving by my city. He didn't look like he was going to pull in and stop to trade his wares so I rushed out and flagged him down. Where did he think he was going, was my village not "good enough" for him to stop at to trade?

He loftily informed me that he worked for the merchant trade union, and they didn't stop in at any villages that didn't have a merchant's guild. A whole merchants guild just for a trader to stop by the village? That was blackmail, ridiculous, and something I wish I'd thought of first. So I decided to start my own guild. And my first conscript was this merchant and his wagon of goods. He tried to protest at first, but that didn't last long after he saw one of my beaver minions turn a tree in to kindling.

He did recommend building a marketplace so I could distribute goods to my peasants and they could come in to town and sell the things they produced out on their farms. He sounded sincere. Sell the things they produced? Peasants? My slaves didn't have time for lunch breaks let alone market sale days. But that did give me the idea to attract more peddlers and merchants from other regions so I could confiscate the stuff they brought to the village. Building a marketplace wasn't hard, was it? I'd send someone to IKEA for the storage and booths and stuff.

After I had all that started my second shipment of slaves arrived from the Black Market. I suppose my HERObot having sex for money the other day worked out since I had just enough silver to pay the driver. I put most of the slaves to work out in the fields and kept a few in the village to begin constructing my brainwashing and mental reconstruction center - otherwise known as the barracks.

Tomorrow I would begin my training program.

T.

Quote Originally Posted by Fighter1405 View Post
    Of course we missed you! Good to see you around again =)
    I missed you guys too. You're still doing a bang up job by the looks of things Good to be back around.

Quote Originally Posted by Meherrin View Post
    Your tales of getting a village established are delightful. I look forward to reading many more adventures.
    Thank you! I require fans, and lots of praise for my efforts - please feel free to join the T fan club and talk about how awesome I am some more

Oh, and thanks for reading.

Can't wait for those IGM's those are my favorite!
    Yeah I'm looking forward to some good ones too - so far I haven't really got anything interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacana View Post
    T, do you take writing inspiration from actual gameplay? Or do you just make it up as you go?
    This is all actual gameplay. I've got reports archived from my hero's first missions which I've been referencing. And if you follow my "building" and upgrading pattern you'll see it mirrors the initial quest series. It didn't take me 5 days to get to this point of course, I think I'm still writing about day 1, but it's all a true story (more or less).

T.

What happened man? Did they oust you already?
    Live Life, Love Others.

Quote Originally Posted by DeLink View Post
    Cheddar is one of the popular, energetic guys.
    "A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult." - Proverbs 12:16

"Comparison is the thief of joy." - Theodore Roosevelt

Dethy Analysis Helper

A revolt in T.'s village?

I think it's probably more likely T had to do something, you know, like, in real life .

Quote Originally Posted by The Burninator View Post
    I think it's probably more likely T had to do something, you know, like, in real life .
    No this is an autobiography, so he is speaking about his real life.

Oh right, how could I have missed that? Silly me.

I guess maybe his messengers got held up so his latest journals haven't ended up on the mysterious computerboxes yet.

Quote Originally Posted by cheddar View Post
    What happened man? Did they oust you already?
    Nope, no ousting - they've tried ... oh, they've tried ...

A revolt in T.'s village?
    Psh - never going to happen.

Yes! Well, maybe ... well, no, not really.

Oh right, how could I have missed that? Silly me.

I guess maybe his messengers got held up so his latest journals haven't ended up on the mysterious computerboxes yet.
    One of my slaves crawled in to the paper pipe and died, I've had to spend time cleaning that out - it's taken days. Mostly because no one was sure how he got in there in the first place. Problem is now solved, your computer boxes should be updated shortly.

T.

Day 6 - Cult Following

I found my HERObot sunbathing outside my main building this morning. She'd returned some time during the night. I was expecting another elaborate story of someone taking advantage of her - and I admit to being curious what kind of artifact she brought back from her travels.

She informed me that she'd gotten bored and decided to just come home from adventuring without finding anything. Seriously? After all that skipping nonsense and being happy to go, she came back with nothing? She was becoming more and more useless as time went on. I chased her back out of the village to go do something useful.

At the edge of my village I found a small yellow creature waiting patiently for me to notice him. I walked over and kicked the thing to get it's attention. It perked up and focused it's one huge eyeball on me. It asked if I had an embassy. When I told it that I didn't, it said it would wait.

My hairy friend came running up, puffing from the exertion and told me that I needed to build an embassy. What timing. I tried to interrogate the yellow creature further, but it didn't respond other than to ask if I had an embassy.

I found the cardboard box that my HERObots had come in and plunked it down (sideways) on an open patch of ground in my village. I wrote "Embassy" on the side of it. As soon as I had finished, the yellow creature came speeding in from the perimeter of the city and ran straight in to the box. It pulled a small flag out of somewhere, plopped it in to the ground, then sat down in the middle of the box.

"Greetings from Katlandia!" he said. Then proceeded to go on about someone in a village nearby that wanted to establish mutually beneficial relations with my fledgling village.

My first supplicant! Excellent. I told the small yellow creature (that identified himself as a 'minion' that I accepted the offer). My hairy friend cut in and told me that I couldn't accept supplicants with only a cardboard box for an embassy. I'd have to actually build something functional. Great, more stuff for my slaves to do instead of producing resources.

I told him to draw up some plans and I'd look them over, meanwhile the minion seemed happy to claim the cardboard box as his embassy. Good enough.

My major project for the day was my Brainwashing Center ... err, barracks. It had take a while, some drugs, and lots of torture and talking, but I had converted some of the slaves in to T. fanatics. It was worth the time and effort.

The building had been completed overnight and it was time to test the training process. I grabbed a couple of the nearest slaves and handed them over to the brain washers. They began chanting something about the all powerful and mighty T. I had my own cult, I was so proud. They would make them slavish followers first, then give them armor and weapons and I'd send them off to kill rival forces.

It was a good day.

Now that I had a cult and was planning to start training soldiers I would need to complete my plans for a cloning facility. Buying slaves was all well and good, but for the production I was planning I'd need to clone them. Most of the parts that I couldn't make myself had been ordered in, so I put my slaves to work expanding my main building to hold the facilities.

Tomorrow I'd put the the finishing touches on myself and do some test runs. Things were going so well!

T.