Page 67 of 77 FirstFirst ... 17576566676869 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,680 of 3059

Thread: Server 1 LOUNGE

Very nice. Some of those pics look like the wine and cheese therein cost more than my disposable income for the month . I'm usually consuming cheaper things.

My family isn't big on cheeses so I'm pretty new at exploring the world of interesting cheeses. I have learned that I like sharp cheddar, I like Monterrey Jack, I dislike smoked Gouda.

Oh my, smoked gouda.

In my misspent youth, I worked for a number of years in a (mostly) natural food co-op. We carried most food in bulk, and a large variety of cheeses. We used to be able to get the wonderful smoked gouda in long round orange tube-shaped blocks, it was one of our best sellers, and then suddenly it was almost impossible to find. I still have memories of the wonderful smokey cheesey taste.

I should check around on line and see if I can find anything like it.
    And now I'll tell you what's against us, an art that's lived for centuries. Go through the years and you will find what's blackened all of history. Against us is the law with its immensity of strength and power - against us is the law! Police know how to make a man a guilty or an innocent. Against us is the power of police! The shameless lies that men have told will ever more be paid in gold - against us is the power of the gold! Against us is racial hatred and the simple fact that we are poor.
    - The Ballad of Sacco and Vanzetti, Joan Baez

I don't remember the brand names, but when I lived in St. Paul and worked overtime I'd stop by the local Kowalskis and get two cheeses - one had coffee in it and the other, red wine. I'd eat them with Seaglass Pinot - about $11-ish a bottle but tastes way better than most $30 bottles I've tried.
    Qui tacet consentire videtur, ubi loqui debuit ac potuit.

[7:32 AM] Jason (Al Bundy raidslave): Who the **** loses an arti to 18 phalanx
    [7:32 AM] Old Timer US1: The same faction that loses one to 66 legos

Quote Originally Posted by Lurk View Post
    I don't remember the brand names, but when I lived in St. Paul and worked overtime I'd stop by the local Kowalskis and get two cheeses - one had coffee in it and the other, red wine. I'd eat them with Seaglass Pinot - about $11-ish a bottle but tastes way better than most $30 bottles I've tried.
    The internet suggests that your coffee-flavoured cheese may have been a Wisconsin product, Expresso BellaVitano. Sounds intriguing.

I've run into several wine-infused cheeses over the years. My favourite was a soft cheddar infused with red wine - crumbly with red veins running through it. Yummy.
    And now I'll tell you what's against us, an art that's lived for centuries. Go through the years and you will find what's blackened all of history. Against us is the law with its immensity of strength and power - against us is the law! Police know how to make a man a guilty or an innocent. Against us is the power of police! The shameless lies that men have told will ever more be paid in gold - against us is the power of the gold! Against us is racial hatred and the simple fact that we are poor.

That was it! You're good at this. The red wine one was as you describe, but not crumbly. Plenty of red veins though.

That was it! You're good at this. The red wine one was as you describe, but not crumbly. Plenty of red veins though.
    Yes, wine and cheese go so well together, it only makes sense to make a wine-flavoured cheese.

I've remembered another amazing cheese we used to be able to get when I was working at the co-op. It was an absolutely delicious emmenthal cream cheese. It wasn't so creamy as to be spreadable, but you could cut slices off of the square bricks it came in and put them on toast and pop them in the oven for a minute they melted into this rich cheese goodness....

I think the producer changed their formula a little bit, maybe started using milk with a bit less fat in it, because suddenly, we couldn't get the old stuff anymore and the new stuff the distributor gave us when we ordered emmenthal cream was harder and less creamy. . You could still melt it on toast, but the taste and texture weren't quite the same anymore.

Ah, memories of cheese.

Quote Originally Posted by Meherrin View Post
    I've remembered another amazing cheese we used to be able to get when I was working at the co-op. It was an absolutely delicious emmenthal cream cheese. It wasn't so creamy as to be spreadable, but you could cut slices off of the square bricks it came in and put them on toast and pop them in the oven for a minute they melted into this rich cheese goodness....
    We used to do that with brie a lot, except that we'd also mix it with some very unique raspberry jam that apparently no longer exists. Oddly enough it came from Mexico and there wasn't even any English on the jar. We'd spread that on top of the brie, melt it a bit in the oven, and then spread that mixture on crackers.

Sadly, I can't find it anywhere, even in St. Paul.

I've never tried good brie, but I've heard good things about it from people I trust. It's on the list.

We used to do that with brie a lot, except that we'd also mix it with some very unique raspberry jam that apparently no longer exists. Oddly enough it came from Mexico and there wasn't even any English on the jar. We'd spread that on top of the brie, melt it a bit in the oven, and then spread that mixture on crackers.

Sadly, I can't find it anywhere, even in St. Paul.
    Brie is wonderful with all sorts of berry-based jams and relishes. I love brie and cranberry, but brie and raspberry is great too.

It's sad when a food that you really enjoyed as a treat disappears.

Quote Originally Posted by The Burninator View Post
    I've never tried good brie, but I've heard good things about it from people I trust. It's on the list.
    Brie is delightful, but if your taste runs to creamier cheeses, you may prefer camembert.
    Last edited by Meherrin; 12-13-2016 at 01:05 AM.

Brie is delightful, but if your taste runs to creamier cheeses, you may prefer camembert.
    You're delightful.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bane View Post
    You're delightful.
    Why, thank you sir. You are too kind.

Goat cheese and fig jam
    Note:Any posts made by this poster should always be construed in the most innocent angelic way possible. The poster is not responsible for where your depraved minds go, if you have a depraved mind.

Our Lady of Croppers ~Semper DOS~ ~Viva Toons~ || This area intentionally left blank. || The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity ~ Harlan Ellison

Quote Originally Posted by Flossie Schmumpus View Post
    Goat cheese and fig jam
    Mmmmmmmmmm. Yes please.

Where is the fruit punch

Senior Community Moderator SMOD polkadot's Avatar

Don't care what you;re drinking.

All I'm asking is that you raise a glass of something with me.

It actually means a lot to me right now.
    I'll raise a glass of beer with you. In fact, I need a friend to talk to and I am hanging out with one this Thursday after she is done work (we had discussed it before).

But I'd love to drink with you too.

Quote Originally Posted by SMOD polkadot View Post
    I'll raise a glass of beer with you. In fact, I need a friend to talk to and I am hanging out with one this Thursday after she is done work (we had discussed it before).

But I'd love to drink with you too.
    Yes, lets.

:: pours a glass of Harp::

Here's to us!

I hope your friend will give you the support you need.

Is it too early to start spreading Christmas cheer..?

s1 : Storeythor http://travian-reports.net/us/report/2674061c50d
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    Gotta be talented to look after 2 WW's simultaneously. Or crazy... Crazy seems more like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gressor2 View Post
    The more I read of OdinLoki's posts, the more I want to play alongside him. Not for the results, as frequently good as they are, but for the sheer fun he seems to have at it. Would + rep if I could, man. Always enjoy reading your stuff... and mostly cringe at the results contained in 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chas00 View Post
    Storeythor,most offensive/defensive account holder on the server.
    Quote Originally Posted by bugzy View Post
    He's a nut and the more the odds are stacked against him, the better he seems to come out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by odinloki View Post
    Is it too early to start spreading Christmas cheer..?
    Christmas is less than two weeks away - I think the timing's about right.

Wishing everyone happy holidays, season's greetings, all of those things appropriate to this tine of year.

(I guess this means it's time for more drinking, cheese tasting and decadent dessert enjoying. Share your seasonal gustatory delights!)
    Last edited by Meherrin; 12-13-2016 at 09:25 PM.

Turns out there is a rain check on that chat.

More time to spend with you guys and sing Christmas songs I suppose. Nonstop.

Kanpai!

Oooh, Christmas/holiday songs! Let's share favourites.

This is one that gets to me every time.

Said the night wind to the little lamb,
    do you see what I see
    Way up in the sky, little lamb,
    do you see what I see
    A star, a star, dancing in the night
    With a tail as big as a kite
    With a tail as big as a kite

Said the little lamb to the shepherd boy,
    do you hear what I hear
    Ringing through the sky, shepherd boy,
    do you hear what I hear
    A song, a song, high above the trees
    With a voice as big as the sea
    With a voice as big as the sea

Said the shepherd boy to the mighty king,
    do you know what I know
    In your palace warm, mighty king,
    do you know what I know
    A Child, a Child shivers in the cold
    Let us bring Him silver and gold
    Let us bring Him silver and gold
    Said the king to the people everywhere,
    listen to what I say
    Pray for peace, people everywhere!
    listen to what I say
    The Child, the Child, sleeping in the night
    He will bring us goodness and light

My favorite. I used to sing to my youngest as a lullaby too.....

GARTH BROOKS

"The Gift"

A poor orphan girl named Maria
    Was walking to market one day
    She stopped for a rest by the roadside
    Where a bird with a broken wing lay
    A few moments passed till she saw it
    For it's feathers were covered with sand
    But soon clean and wrapped it was travelling
    In the warmth of Maria's small hand

She happily gave her last peso
    On a cage made of rushes and twine
    She fed it loose corn from the market
    And watched it grow stronger with time

Now the Christmas Eve service was coming
    And the church shone with tinsel and light
    And all of the townfolks brought presents
    To lay by the manger that night
    There were diamonds and incense
    And perfumes
    In packages fit for a king
    But for one ragged bird in a small cage
    Maria had nothing to bring

She waited till just before midnight
    So no one would see her go in
    And crying she knelt by the manger
    For her gift was unworthy of Him

Then a voice spoke to her through the darkness
    Maria, what brings you to me
    If the bird in the cage is your offering
    Open the door and let me see
    Though she trembled, she did as He asked her
    And out of the cage the bird flew
    Soaring up into the rafters
    On a wing that had healed good as new

Just then the midnight bells rang out
    And the little bird started to sing
    A song that no words could recapture
    Whose beauty was fit for a king

Now Maria felt blessed just to listen
    To that cascade of notes sweet and long
    As her offerings was lifted to heaven
    By the very first nightingale's song

What? No one else has holiday songs they enjoy? Are you all so unmusical?

Doesn't have to be a classic christmas carol. Any old 'hey, it's a festive winter time' song will do. Of if you celebrate other religious holy days around this time, are there special songs or music you might want to share? Chanukah songs?

Mine would be, Hark the Herald (religious) or Be a Santa (secular)
    US1:R3 Alliteration -oNE R10 Twist of Fate -GONE
    US3: R10 Buccaneers - TBN (dual)
    US4: R2 Eris ABT-PANTLESS R3 Fluffy MORON R4 ThePanda MORON R8 Leep
    US5: R2 Susugam - ROBR R3 Twist of Fate - NEWD

My favorite is "God rest ye Merry Gentlemen"
    and yes I know I am a week late.

Have some mead for New Years!
    Note:Any posts made by this poster should always be construed in the most innocent angelic way possible. The poster is not responsible for where your depraved minds go, if you have a depraved mind.

Our Lady of Croppers ~Semper DOS~ ~Viva Toons~ || This area intentionally left blank. || The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity ~ Harlan Ellison

Mead! A round of mead for everyone.

@Mods, honestly this cannot be considered a double post, it has been nearly a month since my previous post. I strongly feel that people need the lounge today.

Flossie can do whatever flossie wants!! No Mod can stop you!!

Yeah, lounge good.

Lots of bad RL news all over the place.

Gimme some whisky, straight.

Yup, sad day in Canada. Thoughts and prayers to anybody who may have been impacted.

Default DOS eyes

black hat

Polishing the cannon. One post after this and the safety comes off.

On a less concerning note, #LackAttackIsBackInBlackWithRacksOnRacksOnRacks

Been a while since I have been in here. Happy February!

/me orders a beer.

Southern Comfort please. Then after a few shots, I'll have some piņa coladas. If I'm still standing, I'll let you know what I need next. Maybe some Mojito's. Just keep 'em coming please!!!

Been a while since i drank Southern Comfort. No need to get any glasses dirty, I'll just take this bottle here. Cis, I can get you a bottle too....

Oh yes, please. Who needs stinking glasses with SoCo? It would be wasted on what's left behind on the glass! Straight from the bottle is best!

Quote Originally Posted by Cisalpine View Post
    Oh yes, please. Who needs stinking glasses with SoCo? It would be wasted on what's left behind on the glass! Straight from the bottle is best!
    Another bottle? I'm ready for another....

Oh I wish we had a real lounge

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bane View Post
    Oh I wish we had a real lounge
    Sometime I do too.

But since in real life, I have to be very careful about alcohol consumption due to a heart condition, having a virtual lounge lets me be my former occasionally hard drinking self without keeling over from an overflustered ticker.

We could drink coffee instead

Quote Originally Posted by Vicious_Machine View Post
    We could drink coffee instead
    Coffee is kind of iff limits for me too. But you could have the coffee and I could have some soothing ginger tea...