Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LO°

I edited my post.... I didn't see you guys had responded before doing so or I would've just made a new one lol.... just another example of why I should not be posting on the forums when I first wake up.

Banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferris_Bueller View Post
    I think the general idea is this: Most people who are skilled enough to look into CP buildings would rather use the embassy. Since in terms of resources it is more efficient then the cranny. Also if they are skilled enough, they shouldn't need a high level cranny at all; or several others at that.
    Skill has nothing to do with a cranny for CP; it's clear the aversion to it stems from some type of inferiority complex where playing with a safety net is seen as undesirable. Let's put that to rest right now: players have different styles, etc., some where crannies are needed, some where they are not. A single player account needs the protection, a dual or more-run account could use the crannies just for CP.

When you state that in terms of resources, the embassy is more efficient than the cranny, you are wrong--unless you quantify that with a CP cap. My statement was simply that the "Cranny is the most cost-efficient source of CP in the game." It is. As shown above, it costs 834 resources/daily CP. Nowhere did I advocate not building an embassy for CP or a MB, MP or expansion building. That would just be dumb; apparently I overlooked that some in s2 wouldn't take the same for granted.

Now, this has snowballed into a "cranny method" somehow. I find it hilarious that the aversion to a simple statement of fact raises questions of skill, etc. in any that would pop up a cranny for CP. I'm going to go ahead and call this Cranny Envy and put it to rest.

If anyone else has Cranny Envy, please take this up with Kurtz. It's his fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Baron D'Holbach View Post
    Where in the "cranny method" does it say don't build an embassy?
    Depends on how intense your cranny method is. I once took ownership of an account for a friend and every village had 6 crannies, at the expense of many other more important buildings that I beleive would have paid off better for the CP as Slippery mentioned.

When you're simming to a second villa, every resource counts. The benefit of the level 10 cranny is not the 6CP/day generated there. It's your ability to drop level 1 crannies for almost nothing and get an extra CP. You have plenty of spots available to do this when you're building the bare essentials in your spawn villa to get to villa #2.

1 x level 10 cranny = 5005 resources & 6 CP
    6 x level 3 crannies = 3060 resources & 12 CP
    8065 res for 18 CP

VS.

1 x level 8 embassy = 11,965 resources for 17CP

With this method, you're actually gaining 1 extra CP/day with the crannies for 3,900 less resources. Plus the added bonus of protecting 4,040 resources as a Gaul. Which is huge when saving for higher level resource fields and settlers.
    S3R5 - Mr. Bojangles

Banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bane View Post
    Depends on how intense your cranny method is. I once took ownership of an account for a friend and every village had 6 crannies, at the expense of many other more important buildings that I beleive would have paid off better for the CP as Slippery mentioned.
    You were the first person to call it a "cranny method" in this thread. I don't have a cranny method. I just know that you can pop up some level 1's after the 10 (as I hinted at before) and come out with more res and more CP.

Some like it, some don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallivanter View Post
    When you're simming to a second villa, every resource counts. The benefit of the level 10 cranny is not the 6CP/day generated there. It's your ability to drop level 1 crannies for almost nothing and get an extra CP. You have plenty of spots available to do this when you're building the bare essentials in your spawn villa to get to villa #2.

8065 res for 18 CP

VS.

With this method, you're actually gaining 1 extra CP/day with the crannies for 3,900 less resources. Plus the added bonus of protecting 4,040 resources as a Gaul. Which is huge when saving for higher level resource fields and settlers.
    +1 to someone who understands how it works

You have to account for the loss in resources as those crannies will eventually be demolished where as the embassy is likely to stick around....

I'm not debating that it doesn't work, in fact some people need those dang crannies around early game hehe..... I however don't believe it is an effective way for MY playing style, as Baron mentioned earlier everyone plays differently. And mostly my math was to prove that chart was crap I really do dislike that thing.
    Last edited by Slippery; 01-24-2013 at 01:41 PM.

Banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Slippery View Post
    You have to account for the loss in resources as those crannies will eventually be demolished where as the embassy is likely to stick around....
    Embassies come down later in game for me, especially once you start passing arties around.

Or does that not count in your math since it's later in game?

Embassies come down later in game for me, especially once you start passing arties around.

Or does that not count in your math since it's later in game?
    I don't generally demo my embassy in my spawn... nor do I hold arti's in my spawn... actually I don't really like arti's. I only want the gg/gw so I can sim more wheat fields lol

Banned.

Slip just PM'd me and said she's taking a screen shot of her spawn each day to show her embassy never leaves.

At the server's end, she'll compile them all into a YouTube video to the song of my choosing. I'm thinking something by Culture Club.

Oh Baron....

I'm thinking something by Culture Club.
    Toto Africa.
    us5r2: Tiamat: #1 attacker, #1 hero. had a blast.
    us5r3: Jaali: 'i refuse to be victimized by notions of virtuous behavior' -calvin. Grats to Jarwa.
    us3r4: Tempus: Official s3 idiot. herpderp.
    s6r4: Janbos. first, last and only egh.
    s2r6: Persephone/Leif Ericson: The Funtards and divorce are a B****
    s2r7: ?

Quote Originally Posted by Eudaimonia View Post
    Birds fly, dogs bark, wookie smash. Such is life.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallivanter View Post

8065 res for 18 CP

VS.

Now this does make some sense, I've never bothered to learn the 'cranny method'. At levels 3, the 2 CP is cheaper than any other building's CP/cost and can be a boost in addition to the other boosts since you can make more after spending the 5k. I guess that could help out getting your 2nd villa anyway. But that chart is still crap since it's doesn't take into account the lower costs and higher CP boosts of the buildings when they aren't at maxed level.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erbal View Post
    I'm still new to actually presenting opinions to other people that require quality substance behind them.
    Quote Originally Posted by ConanHC View Post
    I havent enjoyed my last 24 hours on this forum, in big part because of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Durinmaleus View Post
    Toto Africa.
    Nope. I think Midnight Oil is a bit more apropos.

US1R1 - BillW
    US3R1 - BillW (AeM)
    US2R5 - BillW (RoA)
    US2R6 - BringinSexyBack (PANDA)
    US2R7 - Dr. Bob (STD)
    US5R7 - Thanatos

Sign your derps. Cackling hens, the lot of you.

Quote Originally Posted by lethaljimmy View Post
    I am paid to rate people on their level of perfesionalism

I guess I was wrong, oh well you win some and you lose some lol
    US1- ???

You usually lose more though, its okay

Quote Originally Posted by BillW View Post
    Nope. I think Midnight Oil is a bit more apropos.
    Personally, I was thinking...

Quote Originally Posted by Kurtz View Post
    Personally, I was thinking...
    I'll see your Beck and raise you Senses Fail. Lyrics are perfect for the job.

US1R1 - BillW
    US3R1 - BillW (AeM)
    US2R5 - BillW (RoA)
    US2R6 - BringinSexyBack (PANDA)
    US2R7 - Dr. Bob (STD)
    US5R7 - Thanatos

Sign your derps. Cackling hens, the lot of you.

Quote Originally Posted by lethaljimmy View Post
    I am paid to rate people on their level of perfesionalism

Wow Bill, haven't heard that album since I grew up and discovered real music

You don't come off as the punk-poppish type to me.
    US2 R6: TBA
    US7 R3: Lilman SynDrum (VIVA)
    US7 R2: Aibohphobia (Pt. 1)/the one (dual) (Pt. 2) (frcmaids)
    US1 R4: Acedia (Deleted)
    US1 R3: Blackwind (TEG)
    US6 R2: Alex221 (RIV)

And I'll raise your Senses Fail to Hotel California

us8 Lanie - Lanie
    us3r3 - Horse
    us6r3 - Puzzle TR/RTA Puzzle Hammer
    us3r4 - GOB (another massive Gaul anvil) - Winners
    us6r4 - Satans Choice - THC http://travian-reports.net/us/report/1905565bba5
    us7r3 - Chuckles - Stooges http://travian-reports.net/us/report/2106816d1bd
    us2r6 - Bonzi - Tueton anvil, not recommended if you like to raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Verlanie View Post
    And I'll raise your Senses Fail to Hotel California

Please don't.

Artisan

back on the crannies

i've got to say, i was a bit surprised at the lack of awareness of the cranny strategy for CP. i first got onto it from Erik's pure sim guide and i would have thought most of you regulars would have read that. and yeah, cranny #1 is mediocre for CP/cost but cranny #2 and onward at level 1 or 3 are super cheap CP. its the only way to sim

http://forum.travian.us/showthread.p...ide-to-Villa-2

Banned.

Quote Originally Posted by wahoowa View Post
    back on the crannies

i've got to say, i was a bit surprised at the lack of awareness of the cranny strategy for CP. i first got onto it from Erik's pure sim guide and i would have thought most of you regulars would have read that. and yeah, cranny #1 is mediocre for CP/cost but cranny #2 and onward at level 1 or 3 are super cheap CP. its the only way to sim

http://forum.travian.us/showthread.p...ide-to-Villa-2
    Like I mentioned, I don't think it's a lack of awareness but rather a mindset that crannies somehow indicate a lack of skill or a "girly" way of playing.

I've come up across the sentiment a lot, especially from aggressive Teuts who live by the mantra, "Crannies are for noobs/girls." I remember my first round talking with the number 3 player on the server (who was much more aggressive than many players I see nowadays) and he offered to sit check me to help me out; the "get rid of the cranny" comment was there with the sentiment I'm talking about as the reason.

the "get rid of the cranny" comment was there with the sentiment I'm talking about as the reason.
    I've told many a person the same thing, and I fit into the category of "aggressive teuton". Color me embarrassed, I learned something today.
    us5r3: Jaali: 'i refuse to be victimized by notions of virtuous behavior' -calvin. Grats to Jarwa.

See, I always thought all the propaganda about 'get rid of/ don't build any crannies' was so it was that much easier for raiders to get resources from other players. (And yes, as a simming fool, every space of my starter village that isn't needed for me to expand to village two gets a level 1 cranny early on).

With the advent of teuton hero dip and bags, crannies are my new best friend.

I have a cranny in my villages and have used level 1 crannies to my advantage before in villages that will be tough to supply in a short amount of time. I'm shooting for passing the 5000 passive Culture Points mark this weekend maybe I'll have to look at the cranny closer.
    S2R3 Gloryhogg - WVF (First Hammer, Teut)
    S2R4 Hej Hogg - WVF Won! (First Gaul Hammer)
    S2R5 Shakespeare - WVF
    S2R6 Snuffleupagus - FEAR Won! (Experiment Hammer, 48 hrs of troop build artie total)
    S5R? Gloryhogg - US Won! - "Gloryhogg" was ruler over the largest personal empire." (Solo WW Kill Hammer)
    S4R4 Iron Pig - TDS Won! (First Roman Hammer)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hektur View Post
    WVF won with Hogg at the helm, you kiss his feet, recognize him as one of the greatest leaders you've seen, praise him.
    Record 4 wins 2 losses - 6 WW hammers

Banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bane View Post
    I'll let you do it!!
    Somebody pointed out that I missed this somehow.