Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 41 to 76 of 76

Thread: Got your Huggle on?

  1. #41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Einar View Post
    I think the proof is pretty obvious. Your hoggle can't build your WW as fast as IMT and NWP do. Seeing as you have more accounts than either alliance individually or combined, one would imagine you have access to greater amounts of resources. So, for IMT and NWP being able to build their WW more quickly, despite having less resources, it is HIGHLY unlikely that any sort of resource sharing is going on. Either that or you guys just really suck at building sand castles.
    You must not have may yellows as we do then...But I would think that wheat would at least be sent to each other's WW.

  2. #42

    Default

    It takes two to huggle, but no one has spoken from the NWP side.

    My observation is their relationship to IMT can be summed up as "the enemy of my enemy is my friend." That NWP sees US as their enemy while IMT is simply "the competition" could be either a diplomatic coup for IMT or the luck of the draw in this round. In any case, I don't think NWP would count an IMT victory was a win for themselves. At best, they might feel that losing to IMT would be slightly preferable to losing to US, but they would still consider it a loss.

    Thus … cooperation (at times) — yes, meta — no.
    ~Cricket

    Work done with the hands is Labor.
    With the hands and the head is Craft.
    With the hands, the head, and the heart is Art.

  3. #43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gloryhogg View Post
    I'm not calling IMT anything but a meta, that is my argument.
    Steller argument as always GlroyHogg. You are a credit to your alliance, it's obvious you didn't need to hitch your wagon to the US super meta to get a head.

    On a more serious not, this is Probably why Outsidergua is left doing all the heavy lifting. Sorry Outsidergua, it's not an easy road you have chosen in defending all of this. You can at least get credit for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron D'Holbach View Post
    The sad part is, Flying Pumpkin's reveal is bigger news than the WW.
    Quote Originally Posted by fortress View Post
    ...I ethos'd it...
    Answers to common questions? Game help, Forum rules, Forum Rank, other great resources, and for new posters

  4. #44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Naem90 View Post
    You must not have may yellows as we do then...But I would think that wheat would at least be sent to each other's WW.
    What good would it do to send wheat to each other? I'm pretty sure we are generally feeding more troops in our WW than the other 3 are. Sending wheat anywhere but there would be insane.
    S3R2- Einar
    S2R3- WrlckThWckd
    S2R4- Wadsworth
    S5R4- Einar
    S5R5- Bob

  5. #45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingPumpkin View Post
    Steller argument as always GlroyHogg. You are a credit to your alliance, it's obvious you didn't need to hitch your wagon to the US super meta to get a head.

    On a more serious not, this is Probably why Outsidergua is left doing all the heavy lifting. Sorry Outsidergua, it's not an easy road you have chosen in defending all of this. You can at least get credit for that.
    Guess I will just have to settle with wining the round and having a better account than you.
    S2R3 Gloryhogg - WVF (First Hammer, Teut)
    S2R4 Hej Hogg - WVF Won! (First Gaul Hammer)
    S2R5 Shakespeare - WVF
    S2R6 Snuffleupagus - FEAR Won! (Experiment Hammer, 48 hrs of troop build artie total)
    S5R? Gloryhogg - US Won! - "Gloryhogg" was ruler over the largest personal empire." (Solo WW Kill Hammer)
    S4R4 Iron Pig - TDS Won! (First Roman Hammer)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hektur View Post
    WVF won with Hogg at the helm, you kiss his feet, recognize him as one of the greatest leaders you've seen, praise him.
    Record 4 wins 2 losses - 6 WW hammers

  6. #46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gloryhogg View Post
    Guess I will just have to settle with wining the round and having a better account than you.
    Given that's not related to the topic, this sort of argument is not to far off claiming something is what you claim it is only because you say it is so.

    That being said, I commend you for signing your rep. Not many people do that unless it's positive, so in all sincerity, I commend you for standing behind your opinion even if I find fault in your approach.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron D'Holbach View Post
    The sad part is, Flying Pumpkin's reveal is bigger news than the WW.
    Quote Originally Posted by fortress View Post
    ...I ethos'd it...
    Answers to common questions? Game help, Forum rules, Forum Rank, other great resources, and for new posters

  7. #47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cricketswool View Post
    It takes two to huggle, but no one has spoken from the NWP side.

    My observation is their relationship to IMT can be summed up as "the enemy of my enemy is my friend." That NWP sees US as their enemy while IMT is simply "the competition" could be either a diplomatic coup for IMT or the luck of the draw in this round. In any case, I don't think NWP would count an IMT victory was a win for themselves. At best, they might feel that losing to IMT would be slightly preferable to losing to US, but they would still consider it a loss.

    Thus … cooperation (at times) — yes, meta — no.
    Speaking as one who has seen both sides - NWP and IMT - I'd have to say this is the best analysis of the situation that has been posted.

    Sadly though, as it has no embellishments or twisting of facts, I'm afraid it will largely be ignored.


    Truth usually is in these rarified realms.
    ___________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by Challenger View Post
    I was hoping you would say that...
    Quote Originally Posted by Justinian1 View Post
    This is the best thread of all time.
    SilenceRuin "momento mori" - payment in full for those who have given me the lols

  8. #48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    Speaking as one who has seen both sides - NWP and IMT - I'd have to say this is the best analysis of the situation that has been posted.

    Sadly though, as it has no embellishments or twisting of facts, I'm afraid it will largely be ignored.


    Truth usually is in these rarified realms.
    If a truth has been overlooked and takes people by surprise, it can sometimes rise up to peoples attention. However, sadly, yes, most straight statements of fact tend to just be ignored.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron D'Holbach View Post
    The sad part is, Flying Pumpkin's reveal is bigger news than the WW.
    Quote Originally Posted by fortress View Post
    ...I ethos'd it...
    Answers to common questions? Game help, Forum rules, Forum Rank, other great resources, and for new posters

  9. #49
    Philosopher Marmot Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Ponyville
    Posts
    1,755

    Default

    I have a somewhat-ish related question to all of this, so I hope you won't mind me tossing it in here.

    I'm curious as to how and when the term 'meta' was coined in the Travian sense. Because outside of Travian, the word/prefix meta has a much different meaning, and I honestly can't see any logical jump in how it came to be used as it is today here. (I know, I know, looking for logic regarding Travian and its players is silly, but still!) To me, coalition would be a much better term to describe a set of confederacies and alliances banding together for a common cause.

  10. #50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmot Man View Post
    I have a somewhat-ish related question to all of this, so I hope you won't mind me tossing it in here.

    I'm curious as to how and when the term 'meta' was coined in the Travian sense. Because outside of Travian, the word/prefix meta has a much different meaning, and I honestly can't see any logical jump in how it came to be used as it is today here. (I know, I know, looking for logic regarding Travian and its players is silly, but still!) To me, coalition would be a much better term to describe a set of confederacies and alliances banding together for a common cause.
    I don't know... I remember it started in the .com forums.
    In my second ever round I played for an alliance called F.I.T. s7.com I believe -- Our alliance description read something along the lines of "Planes have wings, birds have wings ... and then something about alliances not needing wings and something about no diplomacy" much like what IMT has on its alliance page.
    Our alliance stayed true to those statements all the way through mid lvl 50 of the WW or something like that.

    For all intents and purposes I was a newb. But the guys I was playing with were amazing. Probably only the second or third time an organized group of players stormed a server from pre-registration.

    At any rate, once the alliance started cooperating with other outfits. Launching organized attacks on common enemies and stuff like that. It was obvious for those guys that the alliance description needed be changed.

    Our name didn't change. But the guys knew that keeping the alliance description as it was originally conceived would simply not be an accurate statement of who we ended up being in the server.

    Is fun trolling you about zerging and huggling. But in the end it really makes no difference to me what the alliances in the North are called. And all trolling and fun aside. I've always thought/hopee that --you folks in IMT-- much like my fellow alliance members from a few years ago. Would come to the same realization.

    Bottom line though. One way or the other I will still shake your hands, congratulate you on a hard fought round and wish you good luck in future servers.
    Last edited by Outsidergua; 04-24-2013 at 09:31 AM.
    Из России с любовью
    s1r7 Hammer 1
    s1r7 Hammer 2
    S2r6 Mr. Noodle/ FEAR 2WW hits not saved
    s5r5 Hammer 1 Won
    s5r5 Hammer 2 Won
    s8r1 Cap Hammers are back Won
    S2R2 Outsidergua Lost
    Guide to Cap Hammers

  11. #51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmot Man View Post
    I have a somewhat-ish related question to all of this, so I hope you won't mind me tossing it in here.

    I'm curious as to how and when the term 'meta' was coined in the Travian sense. Because outside of Travian, the word/prefix meta has a much different meaning, and I honestly can't see any logical jump in how it came to be used as it is today here. (I know, I know, looking for logic regarding Travian and its players is silly, but still!) To me, coalition would be a much better term to describe a set of confederacies and alliances banding together for a common cause.
    Hm … yes, coalition might be a better term, but … here we are. It makes sense to me, though. In my field, a meta-analysis is, roughly speaking, an analysis of the analyses and a meta[-alliance] is an alliance of alliances.
    ~Cricket

    Work done with the hands is Labor.
    With the hands and the head is Craft.
    With the hands, the head, and the heart is Art.

  12. #52

    Meherrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    In a universe of my own design
    Posts
    4,208

    Default

    In Greek, meta is a proposition that means 'after,' 'beyond,' in a physical sense. For instance, if I'm standing in a road and there's a field right beside me, and then another one further on, then meta would refer to that second field.

    The meaning of meta in English has come to be used in a more abstracted or conceptual fashion. So what comes after, or lies beyond, an alliance of players? why, an alliance of alliances.
    And now I'll tell you what's against us, an art that's lived for centuries. Go through the years and you will find what's blackened all of history. Against us is the law with its immensity of strength and power - against us is the law! Police know how to make a man a guilty or an innocent. Against us is the power of police! The shameless lies that men have told will ever more be paid in gold - against us is the power of the gold! Against us is racial hatred and the simple fact that we are poor.
    - The Ballad of Sacco and Vanzetti, Joan Baez

  13. #53
    Artisan
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    lost
    Posts
    686

    Default

    as i recall it, peeps were just looking for a good prefix to stick onto the front of -alliance and "meta-" ended up being the best fit

    supra-alliance, uber-allliance, multi-alliance.... none of em had quite the same ring

  14. #54
    Philosopher Marmot Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Ponyville
    Posts
    1,755

    Default

    Thanks everyone for the answers.

  15. #55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Probability Indigo View Post
    GH, outtie, Y'all just don't get it. We are not working with NWP and they are not working with us. Not the way you think. NWP worked hard and got where they are on their own.
    We might have thrown a few punches together and shared a little info about y'all here and there... You know, the enemy of my enemy kinda thing. But that does not mean we are in each other's pockets.
    I want to say that you aren't just making an amateur attempt at getting your feet wet in the muddy waters of trolling -- I want to say that you are full on HYPOCRITE.

    Quote Originally Posted by Probability Indigo View Post
    We are not working with NWP and they are not working with us.
    HUGGLING OPERATION #1
    http://forum.travian.us/showthread.p...=1#post2571965

    HUGGLING OPERATION #2
    http://forum.travian.us/showthread.p...=1#post2571965

    HUGGLING OPERATION #3
    http://forum.travian.us/showthread.p...=1#post2571965



    Quote Originally Posted by Probability Indigo View Post
    We might have thrown a few punches together and shared a little info about y'all here and there...
    HUGGLING OPERATION #4
    http://forum.travian.us/showthread.p...=1#post2571966

    HUGGLING OPERATION #5
    http://forum.travian.us/showthread.p...=1#post2571966

    HUGGLING OPERATION #6
    http://forum.travian.us/showthread.p...=1#post2571967


    Quote Originally Posted by Probability Indigo View Post
    But that does not mean we are in each other's pockets.
    HUGGLING OPERATION #7
    http://forum.travian.us/showthread.p...=1#post2572502

    HUGGLING OPERATION #8
    http://forum.travian.us/showthread.p...=1#post2572582

    You've assisted each other "a few times here and there?"
    Are you ******* kidding me?

    But wait... It doesn't end there. This is from tonight.

    HUGGLING OPERATION #9
    1. Morpheus from IMT



    2. Bumble from IMT



    3. The Dane from NWP




    4. Huffy from IMT



    5. Samiam from NWP




    Look at the dates on all battle reports. These are not a "here and there" kind of occurrences.
    Now, you can either keep trolling --and that is fine, as long as you stay on character.
    Or you can go back to being just "P.I.". Take the high ground <took bad stuff out>.

    Support your team. But do not belittle the the efforts that NWP has put forth at trying to shoulder your load by saying that IMTs fail or success in the server were earned by their own merits only.
    Last edited by Slippery; 05-11-2013 at 05:48 PM. Reason: Wasn't really appropriate....
    Из России с любовью
    s1r7 Hammer 1
    s1r7 Hammer 2
    S2r6 Mr. Noodle/ FEAR 2WW hits not saved
    s5r5 Hammer 1 Won
    s5r5 Hammer 2 Won
    s8r1 Cap Hammers are back Won
    S2R2 Outsidergua Lost
    Guide to Cap Hammers

  16. #56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Outsidergua View Post
    Or you can go back to being just "P.I.". Take the high ground and stop trying to deny what in Travian would equate to Former nazy party members claiming that the Holocaust didn't happen.

    [/SIZE]

    Internet Rule #1If you reference ******, the **** Party, or the Holocaust, you automatically lose. In addition, you prove the lack of imagination that everyone was pretty sure of. In effect, we all get to know what an idiot you are.
    S3R2- Einar
    S2R3- WrlckThWckd
    S2R4- Wadsworth
    S5R4- Einar
    S5R5- Bob

  17. #57

    Default

    Are you sure that is internet rule#1?

    I would say
    Internet rule #1
    Internet rules are for fools

    Also, why so upset? relax!
    This is the internet, you shoudln't get worked up about things said here.
    hmmm... I think that coincidentally that could also be "internet rule #1"

    Anyways... have a cup of coffee and chill.

    With that out of the way.
    Fresh from a few minutes ago.

    HUGGLING OPERATION #10

    1. Weeble from IMT



    2. Auntbea from IMT



    3. Bumble! from IMT



    4. Phantasm from NWP



    Does any member of the Northern Zerg still have the nerve of coming forward and say "We only throw a few punches together here and there" ?
    Last edited by Outsidergua; 05-11-2013 at 04:01 PM.
    Из России с любовью
    s1r7 Hammer 1
    s1r7 Hammer 2
    S2r6 Mr. Noodle/ FEAR 2WW hits not saved
    s5r5 Hammer 1 Won
    s5r5 Hammer 2 Won
    s8r1 Cap Hammers are back Won
    S2R2 Outsidergua Lost
    Guide to Cap Hammers

  18. #58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Einar View Post
    If you reference ******, the **** Party, or the Holocaust, you automatically lose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outsidergua View Post
    Are you sure that is internet rule#1?
    I am not sure that it's the #1 rule, however, it is a valid statement. It's like being in a debate, the first person who starts flinging around personal insults or feels the need to increase the level of insults is usually the person who doesn't have a leg to stand on in the argument.

    Also, Outsidergua, seriously, bad taste and bad form. In addition, do you even think these things through before saying them?

    For instance, the Logic of your argument just makes your group look horrible in comparison. (sorry if this might hurts your brain) Your in a mega meta that has 60% of the end game player base. Your group is performing the following actions together.

    1) Reining the WW together
    2) Reining plan villages together
    3) Reining artifacts together
    4) Reining each others villages together
    5) Sending resources and wheat shippments to the WW together
    6) Attacking WW's together
    7) Attacking plan villages together
    8) Attacking artifact villages together
    9) Attacking other villages of interest together

    Your claims that two alliances attacked your WW's together, means those you are accusing of the most hanus of hanus crimes is doing only 1/9th of what your group is already doing today. Plus IMT and NWP have a lot less players combined. So dragging in references to one of human histories worst and most netorios figures and events and equating it to a group that at worse is doing only a fraction of the things your own group is already doing... well, what does that make you? Inhuman? Waste waters of humanity?

    Your attempting to get an emotional response out of NWP and IMT, your attempting to validate where your own morals and pride have been compromised, and your attempting to reduce the level of attacks so you actually have a shot to win this thing some time soon. This all seems very clear based on your posting and angles of attack. However, you might find you have a bit more luck at it if you first consider what your words will imply about yourself before stating them.

    Yes, it's harder to make a moral appeal when you already took the moral low ground, but compounding that with insults that just make your alliance look worse does your alliance no favors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron D'Holbach View Post
    The sad part is, Flying Pumpkin's reveal is bigger news than the WW.
    Quote Originally Posted by fortress View Post
    ...I ethos'd it...
    Answers to common questions? Game help, Forum rules, Forum Rank, other great resources, and for new posters

  19. #59

    Default

    hahahaha, FP Reduced to talking about morals as opposed to even trying to deny the huggle.
    Hey, at least you got the WW down to lvl 92 and 84 respectively. I'm sure the hoards of Northern Zerg will be happy about that. hahahahaha

    FP, your tangential responses are not worthy of written reply anymore. And are about to turn you into a PRO (Picture.Reply.Only)

    The Northern META has put up a good fight. You should focus on that.
    Last edited by Outsidergua; 05-11-2013 at 04:41 PM.
    Из России с любовью
    s1r7 Hammer 1
    s1r7 Hammer 2
    S2r6 Mr. Noodle/ FEAR 2WW hits not saved
    s5r5 Hammer 1 Won
    s5r5 Hammer 2 Won
    s8r1 Cap Hammers are back Won
    S2R2 Outsidergua Lost
    Guide to Cap Hammers

  20. #60

    Default

    I have an honest question for you Outsider. Are you that stupid? Or are you just playing a part?

    Multiple people have explained, in the smallest possible words, why the two alliances in the North are not a meta. Then you fling in some idiotic statement about genocide. Don't act like you accomplished something by changing the topic. We are still quite capable of making fun of your idiocy on two subjects, instead of just one.
    S3R2- Einar
    S2R3- WrlckThWckd
    S2R4- Wadsworth
    S5R4- Einar
    S5R5- Bob

  21. #61

    Default

    Are you still Mad Einar? come on, take a few minutes before your next reply.
    Из России с любовью
    s1r7 Hammer 1
    s1r7 Hammer 2
    S2r6 Mr. Noodle/ FEAR 2WW hits not saved
    s5r5 Hammer 1 Won
    s5r5 Hammer 2 Won
    s8r1 Cap Hammers are back Won
    S2R2 Outsidergua Lost
    Guide to Cap Hammers

  22. #62

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Einar View Post
    I have an honest question for you Outsider. Are you that stupid? Or are you just playing a part?

    Multiple people have explained, in the smallest possible words, why the two alliances in the North are not a meta. Then you fling in some idiotic statement about genocide. Don't act like you accomplished something by changing the topic. We are still quite capable of making fun of your idiocy on two subjects, instead of just one.
    See, the thing is Outsidergua is frustrated and see's no way to fix what they have done. They long to have this round done, and realize by all accounts, the US mega meta should have been able to put this horse to rest months ago but failed to do so and that it's making them look bad.

    At this point, they are waging a rather ineffective war on moral of NWP and IMT. That is why you see them going to great lengths to deny any positives of either group and personally attack those who support those groups, or even provide a balanced analysis of what has actually been going on.

    Just look at this reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Outsidergua View Post
    Are you still Mad Einar? come on, take a few minutes before your next reply.
    It has nothing to do with what you said, plus seems rushed and overly emotional to boot. The fear is losing the initiative and having people calmly think or consider.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron D'Holbach View Post
    The sad part is, Flying Pumpkin's reveal is bigger news than the WW.
    Quote Originally Posted by fortress View Post
    ...I ethos'd it...
    Answers to common questions? Game help, Forum rules, Forum Rank, other great resources, and for new posters

  23. #63

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingPumpkin View Post
    As we have seen, Gloryhogg and Outsidergua have been attempting to link NWP and IMT as one group despite
    hmm... you are doing a fine job yourself linking the Northern Zerg together
    10 huggling ops and counting...
    Из России с любовью
    s1r7 Hammer 1
    s1r7 Hammer 2
    S2r6 Mr. Noodle/ FEAR 2WW hits not saved
    s5r5 Hammer 1 Won
    s5r5 Hammer 2 Won
    s8r1 Cap Hammers are back Won
    S2R2 Outsidergua Lost
    Guide to Cap Hammers

  24. #64

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Outsidergua View Post
    hmm... you are doing a fine job yourself linking the Northern Zerg together
    10 huggling ops and counting...

    You do realize that both NWP and IMT want to win, right? Aside from working together to beat down the giant hoggle in the south, there isn't a way for either group to do that right now. You brought this on yourselves when you got so scared of Kurtz on the forum that you had to hoggle. If and when US loses enough membership and activity that they are of a similar size to NWP and IMT, you would then see IMT and NWP fighting each other. We really can't come up with a simpler explanation for you than that. If you don't understand it at this point, you should probably stop logging in.
    S3R2- Einar
    S2R3- WrlckThWckd
    S2R4- Wadsworth
    S5R4- Einar
    S5R5- Bob

  25. #65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Einar View Post
    You do realize that both NWP and IMT want to win, right? Aside from working together to beat down the giant hoggle in the south, there isn't a way for either group to do that right now.
    Couldn't say it better myself, you can't win alone.
    S2R3 Gloryhogg - WVF (First Hammer, Teut)
    S2R4 Hej Hogg - WVF Won! (First Gaul Hammer)
    S2R5 Shakespeare - WVF
    S2R6 Snuffleupagus - FEAR Won! (Experiment Hammer, 48 hrs of troop build artie total)
    S5R? Gloryhogg - US Won! - "Gloryhogg" was ruler over the largest personal empire." (Solo WW Kill Hammer)
    S4R4 Iron Pig - TDS Won! (First Roman Hammer)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hektur View Post
    WVF won with Hogg at the helm, you kiss his feet, recognize him as one of the greatest leaders you've seen, praise him.
    Record 4 wins 2 losses - 6 WW hammers

  26. #66

    Default

    What is with all of the condescension floating around this forum? I understand that everyone is trying to argue a point, but can someone please point out the section of the forum rules that says that you have to do so like a holier than thou butthurt 12 year old boy?

  27. #67

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by viviparous View Post
    What is with all of the condescension floating around this forum? I understand that everyone is trying to argue a point, but can someone please point out the section of the forum rules that says that you have to do so like a holier than thou butthurt 12 year old boy?
    If you can't freakin read the rules then I'm not going to help you GOSH!
    S2R3 Gloryhogg - WVF (First Hammer, Teut)
    S2R4 Hej Hogg - WVF Won! (First Gaul Hammer)
    S2R5 Shakespeare - WVF
    S2R6 Snuffleupagus - FEAR Won! (Experiment Hammer, 48 hrs of troop build artie total)
    S5R? Gloryhogg - US Won! - "Gloryhogg" was ruler over the largest personal empire." (Solo WW Kill Hammer)
    S4R4 Iron Pig - TDS Won! (First Roman Hammer)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hektur View Post
    WVF won with Hogg at the helm, you kiss his feet, recognize him as one of the greatest leaders you've seen, praise him.
    Record 4 wins 2 losses - 6 WW hammers

  28. #68
    Consul Kurtz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The land of the ice and snow
    Posts
    24,821

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Einar View Post
    You do realize that both NWP and IMT want to win, right? Aside from working together to beat down the giant hoggle in the south, there isn't a way for either group to do that right now. You brought this on yourselves when you got so scared of Kurtz on the forum that you had to hoggle. If and when US loses enough membership and activity that they are of a similar size to NWP and IMT, you would then see IMT and NWP fighting each other. We really can't come up with a simpler explanation for you than that. If you don't understand it at this point, you should probably stop logging in.
    Basically every IMT and NWP poster has tried to explain it to them. They're using the old propaganda technique of trying to repeat a lie so many times that people forget that they're talking out of their backsides.

    It is quite amusing really given that they're the only 2 people that are actually listening to their crap. Even the other super meta posters don't seem to believe their whinging.

  29. #69

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by viviparous View Post
    What is with all of the condescension floating around this forum? I understand that everyone is trying to argue a point, but can someone please point out the section of the forum rules that says that you have to do so like a holier than thou butthurt 12 year old boy?
    Hey Viviparous,
    First, appreciate you jumping on and your making a great point. Some dynamics to be aware of.

    1) Attrition is a factor in end game and some believe in using the forums to "demoralize" opponents to speed up the rate of attrition. It rarely works that way as only a fraction of he players in game come to the public forums, plus, attempts to demoralize more often then not end up having a reverse effect.
    2) There were claims that this round would be an easy and fast win and we now have the second longest running end game in US server history. This has some players exceptionally defensive.

    To help break the cycle, we started up some threads about pride for each group. Not everyone will participate, and indeed some are rather snarky in their posts. You will note who tends to be the most negative in responses, it's on all sides at this point, just make note of it and read those persons posts with a grain of salt. The majority here are more then willing to look at both sides of an issue, just throw things out there and see who is willing to listen or ask questions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron D'Holbach View Post
    The sad part is, Flying Pumpkin's reveal is bigger news than the WW.
    Quote Originally Posted by fortress View Post
    ...I ethos'd it...
    Answers to common questions? Game help, Forum rules, Forum Rank, other great resources, and for new posters

  30. #70

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingPumpkin View Post
    Hey Viviparous,

    To help break the cycle, we started up some threads about pride for each group. Not everyone will participate, and indeed some are rather snarky in their posts. You will note who tends to be the most negative in responses, it's on all sides at this point, just make note of it and read those persons posts with a grain of salt. The majority here are more then willing to look at both sides of an issue, just throw things out there and see who is willing to listen or ask questions.
    However, honest efforts to fill at least one of these threads with non troll content stopped when US downplays NWP's role. It would be nice to just move on from this topic. As it stands it is north vs south, but not in the capacity that OG and GH are claiming. Additionally, without a United South there would be no talk or cooperation between us. It would have been a pretty epic HIRYM vs IMT vs WAZ vs NWP and I was hoping for it to play out that way. Those are just the facts.

  31. #71

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasm90 View Post
    However, honest efforts to fill at least one of these threads with non troll content stopped when US downplays NWP's role.
    hmmm... I believe that in every single one of my posts I've remained consistent praising NWPs participation on your joint OPs.
    The only other person posting here from the U.S. is Hogg and I'm trying to find any posts of him belittling your contributions.

    The only thing I found was his comment about not having a spy in NWP and how he thinks it was not worth the trouble. Don't think that downplays NWP role but rather just says that either we didn't have the resources to plant someone there or we didn't need a someone there.
    Из России с любовью
    s1r7 Hammer 1
    s1r7 Hammer 2
    S2r6 Mr. Noodle/ FEAR 2WW hits not saved
    s5r5 Hammer 1 Won
    s5r5 Hammer 2 Won
    s8r1 Cap Hammers are back Won
    S2R2 Outsidergua Lost
    Guide to Cap Hammers

  32. #72

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasm90 View Post
    It would have been a pretty epic HIRYM vs IMT vs WAZ vs NWP and I was hoping for it to play out that way.
    You would not have been the only one. However, I would be lying if I said I hadn't been underestimating the NWP contingent prior to this end game. So one benifit has been that we have seen the drive your group has, lovely to see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron D'Holbach View Post
    The sad part is, Flying Pumpkin's reveal is bigger news than the WW.
    Quote Originally Posted by fortress View Post
    ...I ethos'd it...
    Answers to common questions? Game help, Forum rules, Forum Rank, other great resources, and for new posters

  33. #73

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Outsidergua View Post
    hmmm... I believe that in every single one of my posts I've remained consistent praising NWPs participation on your joint OPs.
    The only other person posting here from the U.S. is Hogg and I'm trying to find any posts of him belittling your contributions.

    The only thing I found was his comment about not having a spy in NWP and how he thinks it was not worth the trouble. Don't think that downplays NWP role but rather just says that either we didn't have the resources to plant someone there or we didn't need a someone there.
    I suppose It was the lack of any recognition of my post that got me more. And I took the not putting a spy in NWP comment as we weren't being taken seriously, that's all.

  34. #74

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by viviparous View Post
    can someone please point out the section of the forum rules that says that you have to do so like a holier than thou butthurt 12 year old boy?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gloryhogg View Post
    If you can't freakin read the rules then I'm not going to help you GOSH!
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingPumpkin View Post
    Hey Viviparous,

    To help break the cycle, we started up some threads about pride for each group. Not everyone will participate, and indeed some are rather snarky in their posts.
    FP completely missed the joke behind my comment above, Viviparous mentions that we are all acting like 12 year olds so I responded like a 12 year old, I figured the GOSH at the end was enough.

    You did not make those threads to break the cycle you made one about IMT and baited Outsidergua to post on it, then you posted two more daring us to prove why we are proud of our respective alliances. I don't need a thread to congratulate opponents, I've already said NWP is doing a good job, I've said similar good things about IMT. The only really negative thing I say about IMT is their skewed version of no naps, the relentless forum trolling that in my opinion killed the forum activity, and Einar/Kurtz since they try to tear down my account when they have produced far less.

    I'll state this one more time:

    NWP a shock, brought more to the server than I thought, got hit the least out of all quads, is probably worth spying on if I actually cared enough to spy.

    IMT solid players who work their ***** off and never get recognized while others have mastered forum trolling.

    US no matter how much crap you talk we were honest about our meta, we aren't ashamed of it, and have produced some of the best accounts on the server. While most metas die down we are still here in full force and still your biggest threat.

    If you don't like the fact that we joined together then feel free to take your anger out on US with troops, we are waiting.
    S2R3 Gloryhogg - WVF (First Hammer, Teut)
    S2R4 Hej Hogg - WVF Won! (First Gaul Hammer)
    S2R5 Shakespeare - WVF
    S2R6 Snuffleupagus - FEAR Won! (Experiment Hammer, 48 hrs of troop build artie total)
    S5R? Gloryhogg - US Won! - "Gloryhogg" was ruler over the largest personal empire." (Solo WW Kill Hammer)
    S4R4 Iron Pig - TDS Won! (First Roman Hammer)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hektur View Post
    WVF won with Hogg at the helm, you kiss his feet, recognize him as one of the greatest leaders you've seen, praise him.
    Record 4 wins 2 losses - 6 WW hammers

  35. #75

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasm90 View Post
    I suppose It was the lack of any recognition of my post that got me more. And I took the not putting a spy in NWP comment as we weren't being taken seriously, that's all.
    I could be wrong but I believe you posted in a thread started by FP. "Pride of NWP" or something like that.
    I don't take seriously more than half of what FP posts. His threads about U.S. and NWP sounded like a bad joke to me.

    Besides, I believe that when the time come. Everyone will get their chance at telling their awesome server stories and thanking people who made possible to even be able to tell them.
    But, it will be in everyone's own terms. Not in a tongue in chick thread created by someone that wasn't even part of those stories.
    Remember when I asked you for that BR of my splat on your cap? that's cause I'm anal about recording everything that transpires in a server's life. So don't worry, nobody can take away what you have so rightfully earned already.
    Из России с любовью
    s1r7 Hammer 1
    s1r7 Hammer 2
    S2r6 Mr. Noodle/ FEAR 2WW hits not saved
    s5r5 Hammer 1 Won
    s5r5 Hammer 2 Won
    s8r1 Cap Hammers are back Won
    S2R2 Outsidergua Lost
    Guide to Cap Hammers

  36. #76

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gloryhogg View Post
    You did not make those threads to break the cycle you made one about IMT and baited Outsidergua to post on it, then you posted two more daring us to prove why we are proud of our respective alliances.
    This actually makes a lot of sense, though you give me to much credit.

    For the record, I posted for IMT because I was thinking back and realized how much IMT had done with the forces they set out with, genuinely impressed. There was no baiting Outsidergua, he could have just as easily avoided the thread and let it disappear or he could have jumped on and even acknowledged some of which was being said. The latter would have shifted the tone considerably all in that one act.

    When I saw the responses, I opted to open the other threads. You will notice a minor jab in the US meta thread, that was the extent of my deviousness and simply was there to encourage someone from US to respond. I was a bit surprised when neither you nor Outsidergua came to your metas defense. But in light of what you said, it makes sense.

    In any case, if you would have left the IMT line as simply "Solid players who work their assess off" I would have agreed with all three assessments you gave for the various groups. Well said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron D'Holbach View Post
    The sad part is, Flying Pumpkin's reveal is bigger news than the WW.
    Quote Originally Posted by fortress View Post
    ...I ethos'd it...
    Answers to common questions? Game help, Forum rules, Forum Rank, other great resources, and for new posters

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •