Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Original Artwork by kabooja

Quote Originally Posted by kabooja View Post
    To keep me sane, right? And so my brain doesn't end up like popcorn.
    popcorn is GOOD! much better than cookies.
    us1rd4 Shakin&Bakin | us2rd3 DarkFather Dual #665 | us6rd1 NoMercy | us9rd1 NotAMyth (sorceys raid slave and sandwich maker)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drummit View Post
    What the pineappleh's going on, and where are my reins?

Occasionally worshipped by Mitachuk, Hej and Vigil
    and most important Sprouts friend

To keep me sane, right? And so my brain doesn't end up like popcorn.
    Absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by Meherrin View Post
    (Just go easy on the pineh red cordisl specials.)
    Oopsies.....I think Pineh has been at it again....

I would if she would just stop slipping them to me.
    See!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gebne View Post
    popcorn is GOOD! much better than cookies.
    Pineh....I am beginning to wonder about you and your ZPP.....you want Kabie's brain to turn to popcorn? I think I know why Scare has no brains.
    Note:Any posts made by this poster should always be construed in the most innocent angelic way possible. The poster is not responsible for where your depraved minds go, if you have a depraved mind.

Our Lady of Croppers ~Semper DOS~ ~Viva Toons~ || This area intentionally left blank. || The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity ~ Harlan Ellison

Quote Originally Posted by Flossie Schmumpus View Post
    Pineh....I am beginning to wonder about you and your ZPP.....you want Kabie's brain to turn to popcorn? I think I know why Scare has no brains.
    But Scarecrow didn't have brains to begin with anyways. I on the other hand, might have had one...but I lost it after I turned into a stuffed Tiger.

So...

But Scarecrow didn't have brains to begin with anyways. I on the other hand, might have had one...but I lost it after I turned into a stuffed Tiger.

So...
    Are you sure Scare didn't have brains to begin with? Why do you think he keeps looking for brains, keeps thinking he has some.....I think he used to have brains but someone took them.............................................PINEH!
    Note:Any posts made by this poster should always be construed in the most innocent angelic way possible. The poster is not responsible for where your depraved minds go, if you have a depraved mind.

Our Lady of Croppers ~Semper DOS~ ~Viva Toons~ || This area intentionally left blank. || The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity ~ Harlan Ellison

I thought Pineh was your darling. Now you're turning on her.

I thought Pineh was your darling. Now you're turning on her.

Pineh is my darling, and I love and value Pineh for everything she is.....

scarecrows have no brains.
    stuffed tigers have stuffing for brains and popcorn is an eco-friendly stuffing.
    flowers have a proto-brain that needs no adjustment for the coming Zombie apocalypse.

No need to worry about me. Your brain was already perfectly suited to my Plan.
    us1rd4 Shakin&Bakin | us2rd3 DarkFather Dual #665 | us6rd1 NoMercy | us9rd1 NotAMyth (sorceys raid slave and sandwich maker)

Quote Originally Posted by gebne View Post
    scarecrows have no brains.
    stuffed tigers have stuffing for brains and popcorn is an eco-friendly stuffing.
    flowers have a proto-brain that needs no adjustment for the coming Zombie apocalypse.

No need to worry about me. Your brain was already perfectly suited to my Plan.

What about me? Don't you like my brain?
    And now I'll tell you what's against us, an art that's lived for centuries. Go through the years and you will find what's blackened all of history. Against us is the law with its immensity of strength and power - against us is the law! Police know how to make a man a guilty or an innocent. Against us is the power of police! The shameless lies that men have told will ever more be paid in gold - against us is the power of the gold! Against us is racial hatred and the simple fact that we are poor.
    - The Ballad of Sacco and Vanzetti, Joan Baez

Quote Originally Posted by Meherrin View Post
    What about me? Don't you like my brain?
    I like your brain where and as it is. I believe in the case of an apocalypse an historian is essential. You and I can be the brains in the operation. We need the others as protection.

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Eb0l is the alpha and the omega
    The eternal pumpkin queen, and mother of gerbils
    So it was written and so it must forever be

Nice drawing Ms Evil.

Welcome to the Gallery, Ms. Evil. I like your drawing.
    And now I'll tell you what's against us, an art that's lived for centuries. Go through the years and you will find what's blackened all of history. Against us is the law with its immensity of strength and power - against us is the law! Police know how to make a man a guilty or an innocent. Against us is the power of police! The shameless lies that men have told will ever more be paid in gold - against us is the power of the gold! Against us is racial hatred and the simple fact that we are poor.

Snakes & Ladders

Last edited by kabooja; 03-02-2014 at 02:57 PM.

THis is so cool.

Thank you.

Pretty. And highly philosophical.

One hopes that the little tiger will find the ladders and avoid the snakes.

I painted this a few weeks ago at one of those "Masterpiece Mixer" places, sort of cheating I know, but I am quite proud of it.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ECH0 View Post
    Who do you think is the greatest dual?
    Quote Originally Posted by unbalanced View Post
    ~CC End of discussion
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want to do. ~ Calvin & Hobbes
    Quote Originally Posted by Screaming Jelly Baby View Post
    Yes, I am a bit of a Geek when it comes to these sorts of things.
    Quote Originally Posted by unbalanced View Post
    Geek/nerd but wouldn't have you any other way.
    ~FIGJAM~
    smrat & happy

US1R5 ~ Just some useful information US1R4 ~ The link says it all & US1R4 Hall of Fame

I love the owl!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Eb0l is the alpha and the omega
    The eternal pumpkin queen, and mother of gerbils
    So it was written and so it must forever be

Lovely owl! I have never done much in the way of trying to draw birds. I think you have inspired me.

Here's a kind of cartoon-style landscape. Sun on the desert horizon.

I love the owl and the sunset.

Paintings! Sunsets!!!

I'm slacking. Can I cheat and show off old work?

Paintings! Sunsets!!!

I'm slacking. Can I cheat and show off old work?
    Of course. That's what i'm doing.

CHEA......Oh. I will soon be one too.

It is NOT cheating to show off old work. It is a retrospective to show older work.

Quote Originally Posted by Flossie Schmumpus View Post
    It is NOT cheating to show off old work. It is a retrospective to show older work.
    I love you, Flossie.

And of course retrospectives belong in galleries. Although I should get off my lazy butt and get some of my more recent doodles scanned.

Ok then. An oil painting created 6 years ago. This piece was one of the showcased artworks as a part of my Art School Portfolio Day Event. I only ended up lining up for two schools, but I was accepted entry into the one school I was looking to get into.

Very interesting piece, Kabie. I like. More please.

Agreed, very nice and more please
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron D'Holbach View Post
    The sad part is, Flying Pumpkin's reveal is bigger news than the WW.
    Quote Originally Posted by fortress View Post
    ...I ethos'd it...
    Answers to common questions? Game help, Forum rules, Forum Rank, other great resources, and for new posters

^^^^^^^^^^^
    What they all said!

Keep it up Kab. I LOVE that piece.

What exactly does it represent? I see the 'The relationship between the mother and child; more importantly the time that links them'

Even close with that? :P Interpretation of art is an 'art' in itself; The things different people can see from the 'same' picture.
    Last edited by nips27; 03-12-2014 at 04:29 PM.
    HEY!!! WTF are you doing looking down here? My post is up there idiot! ^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Baron80 View Post
    You really showed me. Even though I know you just handed my *** as much as one can on a forum.
    us5r7(AE) - Ghostbusters

Quote Originally Posted by nips27 View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^
    What they all said!

Keep it up Kab. I LOVE that piece.

What exactly does it represent? I see the 'The relationship between the mother and child; more importantly the time that links them'

Even close with that? :P Interpretation of art is an 'art' in itself; The things different people can see from the 'same' picture.
    <nods>

You want more? You will have to wait while I scrounge around in the basement for them.

<nods>

You want more? You will have to wait while I scrounge around in the basement for them.
    *waits patiently*
    HEY!!! WTF are you doing looking down here? My post is up there idiot! ^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Baron80 View Post
    You really showed me. Even though I know you just handed my *** as much as one can on a forum.
    us5r7(AE) - Ghostbusters

::waits impatiently::

Introduction to Comics Final Project - Sunday Full Page Spread

Splash Page (extra credit)

Sunday Comic

P.S: If you cannot read the text and would like a frame by frame narration, please let me know.

I must be getting old. Too damn small.

First one was fine.... second one not so much.....

Quote Originally Posted by Kurtz View Post
    I must be getting old. Too damn small.

First one was fine.... second one not so much.....
    Too many words. I will split this comic up by Top and Bottom.

Think of this as the Top of the Newspaper before the fold:

Bottom of fold (When Mr. Peekaboo goes underground):

(I don't think quality improved by much. I really need a scanner. Is a shame they can't scan a big project like this one all in one go.)
    Last edited by kabooja; 03-12-2014 at 10:38 PM.

I can read it this time though.

It was pretty cool. I'm not that big of a cartoon fan though. Only ever really liked Whizz. Beanie was ok.

Hmmm did read a lot of Donalds as a kid, but that's just part of being Scandinavian.

This was my last class I took before graduation and I was trying to produce my own style that I never did find.

I think I prefer short spurts of creativity, like the Group Portrait, or the TBP. This was a very hard assignment as it had to be an actual size of a newspaper spread. And the Splash Page was for extra credit which I think paid off for me, cause I got an A- (I think).

In the end, everyone seemed to love it, including the Instructor and she's a well established Illustrator. Can you believe we had to narrate our own comics during the critique?!? Lots of things were hard with this project...too many things, but I got it done, and surprised myself in the process.

This was my last class I took before graduation and I was trying to produce my own style that I never did find.

I think I prefer short spurts of creativity, like the Group Portrait, or the TBP. This was a very hard assignment as it had to be an actual size of a newspaper spread. And the Splash Page was for extra credit which I think paid off for me, cause I got an A- (I think).

In the end, everyone seemed to love it, including the Instructor and she's a well established Illustrator. Can you believe we had to narrate our own comics during the critique?!? Lots of things were hard with this project...too many things, but I got it done, and surprised myself in the process.
    A good friend of mine I meet after he was burned out pursuing a career in Illustration. Tight deadlines, rough requirements, and often brutal feedback. I can so see how that was a rough assignment. That said, love the results. Nicely done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron D'Holbach View Post
    The sad part is, Flying Pumpkin's reveal is bigger news than the WW.
    Quote Originally Posted by fortress View Post
    ...I ethos'd it...
    Answers to common questions? Game help, Forum rules, Forum Rank, other great resources, and for new posters

I am going to intrude to post a few pics of some of my jewelry.

This necklace is name 'Wisteria' It is amethyst, crepe myrtle (from my yard) and both sterling and fine silver

This is 'Sunset' It is a pin with a dichoric glass cab, in a bezel of seed beads

This one is 'Druid's Breastplate' Peridot and sterling silver

Last edited by Cu Ruadh; 03-13-2014 at 05:24 AM.

Cu Ruadh, those are beautiful. I particularly like the Druid's Breastplate.

Thank you, I like creating jewelry that is wearable and yet that stand on it's own as art.