Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The proud NWP Alliance

Default The proud NWP Alliance

This is a shout out to those people proud of being in the NWP alliance as well as those players that have been impressed by this group.

Let's hear it! What are you most proud of and for those outside of NWP, what have you been the most impressed by?
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron D'Holbach View Post
    The sad part is, Flying Pumpkin's reveal is bigger news than the WW.
    Quote Originally Posted by fortress View Post
    ...I ethos'd it...
    Answers to common questions? Game help, Forum rules, Forum Rank, other great resources, and for new posters

Ok well you seem to really want to talk to a NWP player, so I will respond to posts until monday, so ask away.

I would say I am most proud of the members who have tolerated us basically telling them what to do and when to do it. We have proven we work best when we all work as a team and that is also why we have had so much fun this server.
    US5X - Drewstantonq, THOR (Lost)
    US5R5 - Drewstanton, NWP (WW holder + sitter, Lost) Quick build for revenge
    DK3R6 - Custer, VK (WW holder, Won) Wiped out competition early
    US3R7 - Captain America (Avengers/SHIELD/AoCI/Natar WW/TheWatch, Lost??)All that work...
    US5R7 AE - Vivec, what a boring server

Hey guys. Long time lurker, first time poster. I'm a member of NWP myself, and I'd say that the part that I like best about our alliance is that we haven't given up on our goals, no matter what. I think what makes me most proud is that the player base is almost entirely composed of people new to the game, and yet we hold a WW and actually have a shot at winning this game. I've dabbled in travian in previous servers, but this is the first T4 server I have ever played. No matter how it ends, this round has been quite the learning experience for me.

NWP has done incredibly well. I admire their tenacity and principles... their downright stubborn determination to play on their own terms. What they have done deserves respect. I personally would love to play with any of you anytime.

Kudos and Way to go.
    or
    It's the luck of the draw.

Banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Probability Indigo View Post
    NWP has done incredibly well. I admire their tenacity and principles... their downright stubborn determination to play on their own terms. What they have done deserves respect. I personally would love to play with any of you anytime.

Kudos and Way to go.
    You're too easily impressed. Those responses sound like they happened to be watching ESPN at the time they posted them. Not a single original thought, only tired cliches. The player base follows the directions of the leaders and they work as a team? My mind is blown that nobody ever thought of that strategy before, especially since this is a game that is designed to be played that exact way. I understand most of you are new but here's a bit of info for the future...leaders are supposed to tell people what to do, and the common players are supposed to listen. And that's not just a lesson to be applied only to Travian, it's pretty much how life works.

On the other hand, you're being a pain in Glorys *** and that is certainly worthy of admiration. It's also another indicator of how bad he is at being an effective leader. If his meta was smart they'd boot his *** out and bring back LD. Of course, they chose to sign on with Glory so they're probably not smart.

Quote Originally Posted by Baron80 View Post
    You're too easily impressed. Those responses sound like they happened to be watching ESPN at the time they posted them. Not a single original thought, only tired cliches. The player base follows the directions of the leaders and they work as a team? My mind is blown that nobody ever thought of that strategy before, especially since this is a game that is designed to be played that exact way. I understand most of you are new but here's a bit of info for the future...leaders are supposed to tell people what to do, and the common players are supposed to listen. And that's not just a lesson to be applied only to Travian, it's pretty much how life works.

On the other hand, you're being a pain in Glorys *** and that is certainly worthy of admiration. It's also another indicator of how bad he is at being an effective leader. If his meta was smart they'd boot his *** out and bring back LD. Of course, they chose to sign on with Glory so they're probably not smart.

Tsk tsk my friend. New players don't start out as experts. Even those with experience are at times not really that good. You spot them by the fact they try to belittle players who try hard via vast text walls.

Yes, the old saying is true that it takes one to know one.

And I spy with my little eye...

You my friend
    This is the best thread of all time.
    SilenceRuin "momento mori" - payment in full for those who have given me the lols

Banned.

I wasn't trying to belittle their ability to play, I even said I was happy they're doing well. I just thought their responses were a little generic and kinda dull.

I can't recall at the moment, but why were you stripped of your teal?

And for the record, I've never once claimed to be good at this game. Unless me noticing that all their posts consisted of was the obvious stuff makes me good?

I wasn't trying to belittle their ability to play, I even said I was happy they're doing well. I just thought their responses were a little generic and kinda dull.

I can't recall at the moment, but why were you stripped of your teal?

And for the record, I've never once claimed to be good at this game. Unless me noticing that all their posts consisted of was the obvious stuff makes me good?
    Why was I stripped of my teal?

To go where no poster has gone before... Into the darkness

SilenceRuin "momento mori" - payment in full for those who have given me the lols

Banned.

It's just too bad they didn't take away your ability to post video clips when you can't formulate an intelligent response.

It's just too bad they didn't take away your ability to post video clips when you can't formulate an intelligent response.
    Or provide needed interpreters for when I do

Banned.

No, I get the message loud and clear. That's why you took such offense over me calling those guys posts dull, it was because most of yours are as well. And the ones that aren't.....are video clips.

No, I get the message loud and clear. That's why you took such offense over me calling those guys posts dull, it was because most of yours are as well. And the ones that aren't.....are video clips.
    So to sum up - I'm a fallen teal who posts non dull clips with dull words that are intelligent quips that you need no interpreter for?

I think I'm flattered

Из России с любовью
    s1r7 Hammer 1
    s1r7 Hammer 2
    S2r6 Mr. Noodle/ FEAR 2WW hits not saved
    s5r5 Hammer 1 Won
    s5r5 Hammer 2 Won
    s8r1 Cap Hammers are back Won
    S2R2 Outsidergua Lost
    Guide to Cap Hammers

Banned.

I don't count them as posts at all, and I've never clicked one so I wouldn't know if they're dull or not, but knowing you they are.

I don't count them as posts at all, and I've never clicked one so I wouldn't know if they're dull or not, but knowing you they are.
    It's good to have a dedicated fan I should probably check my fan site in my sig to see if you've been in their lately

Ah, SR, it's good to see you back in action. I've missed you.
    And now I'll tell you what's against us, an art that's lived for centuries. Go through the years and you will find what's blackened all of history. Against us is the law with its immensity of strength and power - against us is the law! Police know how to make a man a guilty or an innocent. Against us is the power of police! The shameless lies that men have told will ever more be paid in gold - against us is the power of the gold! Against us is racial hatred and the simple fact that we are poor.
    - The Ballad of Sacco and Vanzetti, Joan Baez

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingPumpkin View Post
    This is a shout out to those people proud of being in the NWP alliance as well as those players that have been impressed by this group.

Let's hear it! What are you most proud of and for those outside of NWP, what have you been the most impressed by?
    NWP is a species of its own. We are not a group consisting of overwhelming numbers, experience, or pre-arranged members. We have had our negatives, ranging from losing a WW to the U.S. due to our lack of defense, a traitor sabotaging our place in the artifact race, leadership being moved around often, and botched operations due to rushed efforts by an obnoxious and stoned offensive coordinator.

However, we have persevered throughout all of this and have had the conviction to stay the course, and to play the hand we were given. I apologize if this is too cliche or something, baron, I am not sure what type of majestic tales you were hoping for us to mention.

NWP was initially caught in the crossfire of US and IMT and we have thrown punches of our own that put us on the map. David and Goliath comes to mind.

I am proud of the members who have stuck through all of their real life responsibilities and kept fighting an uphill battle, kept sending wheat when they didn't have any, and kept this alliance together.

As this will be my last travian server (most likely) I am excited to see how this will end. If US stays their course, I just hope that Reed won't be the one with the winning WW.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasm90 View Post
    and botched operations due to rushed efforts by an obnoxious and stoned offensive coordinator.
    Don't blame being stoned for any shortcomings. I've been stoned for most of this round, just ask my Skype room. Even then I put together a half-way decent account.

Instead, blame it on spies. That is much more likely. Piglet likes to have every advantage the rules allow, so I'm sure some of your issues were definitely spies.
    S3R2- Einar
    S2R3- WrlckThWckd
    S2R4- Wadsworth
    S5R4- Einar
    S5R5- Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Einar View Post
    Don't blame being stoned for any shortcomings. I've been stoned for most of this round, just ask my Skype room. Even then I put together a half-way decent account.

Instead, blame it on spies. That is much more likely. Piglet likes to have every advantage the rules allow, so I'm sure some of your issues were definitely spies.
    Dumb, if I had a NWP spy I would run ops on them. Instead NWP has been mostly neglected by the whole server.
    S2R3 Gloryhogg - WVF (First Hammer, Teut)
    S2R4 Hej Hogg - WVF Won! (First Gaul Hammer)
    S2R5 Shakespeare - WVF
    S2R6 Snuffleupagus - FEAR Won! (Experiment Hammer, 48 hrs of troop build artie total)
    S5R? Gloryhogg - US Won! - "Gloryhogg" was ruler over the largest personal empire." (Solo WW Kill Hammer)
    S4R4 Iron Pig - TDS Won! (First Roman Hammer)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hektur View Post
    WVF won with Hogg at the helm, you kiss his feet, recognize him as one of the greatest leaders you've seen, praise him.
    Record 4 wins 2 losses - 6 WW hammers

Quote Originally Posted by Gloryhogg View Post
    Instead NWP has been mostly neglected by the whole server.
    Pardon? You obviously know very little about the NW.

Dumb, if I had a NWP spy I would run ops on them. Instead NWP has been mostly neglected by the whole server.

According to Pig logic, that means US has been hoggling with NWP. I think they just forgot to tell NWP.
    S3R2- Einar
    S2R3- WrlckThWckd
    S2R4- Wadsworth
    S5R4- Einar
    S5R5- Bob

Or maybe, he meant that nobody cared enough to plant spies there?
    Из России с любовью
    s1r7 Hammer 1
    s1r7 Hammer 2
    S2r6 Mr. Noodle/ FEAR 2WW hits not saved
    s5r5 Hammer 1 Won
    s5r5 Hammer 2 Won
    s8r1 Cap Hammers are back Won
    S2R2 Outsidergua Lost
    Guide to Cap Hammers

Quote Originally Posted by Outsidergua View Post
    Or maybe, he meant that nobody cared enough to plant spies there?
    That's a great point Outsidergua, I don't doubt that no one in the US meta cared about little NWP. Which is funny given that according to you and others, IMT had nothing to do with your mega meta merging.

So, given you didn't need to merge to beat IMT and didn't care about NWP... well, second longest server and all, I'm pretty sure that counts as a pretty significant miscalculation.

So a perfect comment for this section, the US mega meta hasn't valued your alliance enough to try and spy on you, yet you keep plugging away at them and have proven the error of this miscalculation. Well done and a great point of pride! Well done!
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron D'Holbach View Post
    The sad part is, Flying Pumpkin's reveal is bigger news than the WW.
    Quote Originally Posted by fortress View Post
    ...I ethos'd it...
    Answers to common questions? Game help, Forum rules, Forum Rank, other great resources, and for new posters

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingPumpkin View Post
    That's a great point Outsidergua, I don't doubt that no one in the US meta cared about little NWP. Which is funny given that according to you and others, IMT had nothing to do with your mega meta merging.

So, given you didn't need to merge to beat IMT and didn't care about NWP... well, second longest server and all, I'm pretty sure that counts as a pretty significant miscalculation.

So a perfect comment for this section, the US mega meta hasn't valued your alliance enough to try and spy on you, yet you keep plugging away at them and have proven the error of this miscalculation. Well done and a great point of pride! Well done!
    I've stated it very clearly why we joined, there was an almost non existent leadership team in HIRYM after a while and WAZ was also struggling with the same issue, IMT is the reason we started talking in the first place. I didn't know who xXx was before he added me as a contact to ask me about some IMT post, that is when we started talking. Eventually that talking lead to us discovering we both had an issue that could be solved by joining together, it was a good thing we did also because Houndd stopped playing shortly after Christmas and without the meta we would have been down to a part time leadership team, but with WAZ's leadership taking the brunt of things for a bit we were able to get some new leaders in and on track, I phased myself out and they are still leading today.
    S2R5 Shakespeare - WVF
    S2R6 Snuffleupagus - FEAR Won! (Experiment Hammer, 48 hrs of troop build artie total)
    S5R? Gloryhogg - US Won! - "Gloryhogg" was ruler over the largest personal empire." (Solo WW Kill Hammer)
    WVF won with Hogg at the helm, you kiss his feet, recognize him as one of the greatest leaders you've seen, praise him.

Agreed, Hogg. Never really in contention.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Camper View Post
    Agreed, Hogg. Never really in contention.
    The all knowing RC has spoken, we should all listen....wait, what? He doesn't know what he is talking about? Okay!

The all knowing RC has spoken, we should all listen....wait, what? He doesn't know what he is talking about? Okay!
    Phanty, I washed your blanky so you can cry in it some more.
    But after that please tell me more of your NWP wisdom- said no one, ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Camper View Post
    Phanty, I washed your blanky so you can cry in it some more.
    But after that please tell me more of your NWP wisdom- said no one, ever.
    It's rare, but every once in awhile you find sore winners...and they're the worst kind of people to play with. You're the one who is whining, buddy. I'm just glad the server is over. It's too bad I'm done with travian, otherwise I would haunt you in the next server you would be in.

Banned.

It's rare, but every once in awhile you find sore winners...and they're the worst kind of people to play with. You're the one who is whining, buddy. I'm just glad the server is over. It's too bad I'm done with travian, otherwise I would haunt you in the next server you would be in.
    No need to haunt him on the next server. Notice how he didn't show up to gloat on the forum until after the server was over? He has bigger issues than just being a sore winner, he's absolutely miserable.

No need to haunt him on the next server. Notice how he didn't show up to gloat on the forum until after the server was over? He has bigger issues than just being a sore winner, he's absolutely miserable.
    I must be really happy then I've been gloating for months!
    S2R5 Shakespeare - WVF

Banned.

I must be really happy then I've been gloating for months!
    You call that gloating? We're gonna need to work on that.

I'll go find Hektur and see what he'll charge to tutor you, you can sell whatever gold you have left to pay for it.

You call that gloating? We're gonna need to work on that.

I'll go find Hektur and see what he'll charge to tutor you, you can sell whatever gold you have left to pay for it.
    Hello Gloryhogg,

We have just emailed you a link which will allow you to transfer the remaining 14 Gold in your current account to another account.

Hektur is cheap!
    S2R5 Shakespeare - WVF

Banned.

Hello Gloryhogg,

We have just emailed you a link which will allow you to transfer the remaining 14 Gold in your current account to another account.

Hektur is cheap!
    You have no idea. For 14 gold you even get a happy ending.

I must be really happy then I've been gloating for years!
    Don't forget all those years where you were losing on s2 and still managing to gloat.

But Keith is right. Red Camper is certainly a sore winner. Amusing really. Although I must give props to the sour grape munching line that he threw at me earlier. Made me grin. Even if he was completely off. But that made it all the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurtz View Post
    Don't forget all those years where you were losing on s2 and still managing to gloat.

But Keith is right. Red Camper is certainly a sore winner. Amusing really. Although I must give props to the sour grape munching line that he threw at me earlier. Made me grin. Even if he was completely off. But that made it all the better.
    How many times did you win S2 again, oh that's right you didn't with BREW, you didn't Round 4 because I won, are you now changing your story and counting RoA's victory as your own? I would mention this current round but if you are still in RoA I just feel bad for you, after 13 solo operations against them even I feel their pain.
    S2R5 Shakespeare - WVF

*Chuckles* it really is too easy to rile you up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurtz View Post
    *Chuckles* it really is too easy to rile you up.
    Probably best you don't answer that question right Kurtz.
    S2R5 Shakespeare - WVF

Probably best you don't answer that question right Kurtz.
    I would have thought that the answer, even to you, would be obvious.

And it's not so rare to find passive/aggressive whiners like you that just can't accept that they lost a server and let it go. You have displayed some of the most pedestrian first-year psycho-babble I have ever seen. I have simply enjoyed winning the server, sorry that you don't know what that's like, and had some fun talking a little trash like many on here have been doing for almost a year. I wish I had found this forum sooner, believe me, but I didn't. Guess I was too busy catting the heck out of your NWP mates. I congratulated IMT on a game well played, because I thought they did. I was not impressed with NWP, and said so. Deal with it. How many times did y'all come at me? I think you may have chiefed a few feeders on your best day, and I had them back within 24 hours. I will be back, Phanty, and we will see who does the haunting. Now go pop your pimples, hug your mommy, and study real hard so that maybe this time, you might actually pass your driver's test...

Lol. More ******-baggery. As I have stated many times before, I was not aware of these nice discussion sessions until Outsidergua pointed me to the same AFTER we won. I promise I will get in your grill real early next time. Keep on telling yourself that I'm miserable. I would only be miserable if I just spent almost a whole year on a travian server and...lost.
    My emotional health is doing just fine, thanks for asking, and I think I may grab a few cocktails later today to enjoy myself even more. No soup for you!
    Last edited by Slippery; 05-20-2013 at 07:41 PM. Reason: DP's have no business here!

Banned.

It took you a year to find the forum? You know there's a link right at the bottom of the page of your village screen. Have you found the rally point yet?