Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 41 to 53 of 53

Thread: Patriot Act Part 2 -- PRISM

  1. #41
    Consul Luisss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    10,949

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jdurand View Post
    It's mentioned in just about every article on the subject I've read. While I don't know the specific court or judge, I suspect it likely wasn't the Supreme Court.

    There would be no reason for Verizon to comply without a court order making them do so. In fact, it would benefit their reputation and the trust they have from their customers not to have complied with the FBI. However, with a court order (issued by the Judicial branch of our government) they really have no choice.

    At any rate, it's clear that all three branch had involvement in this.

    EDIT: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_...eillance_Court
    So the legislative branch used a court they made to get the court order. I wouldn't call that representative of he judiciary but meh.

    Erbal, not only is the judiciary powerless to stop something that the executive does until a case comes through its doors, but the judiciary also has no means to "voice" it's opinion, especially since it would likely be a mixed one.
    "Semper necessitas probandi incumbit ei qui agit."

  2. #42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luisss View Post
    So the legislative branch used a court they made to get the court order. I wouldn't call that representative of he judiciary but meh.
    FISC is a federal court. Federal court is the judiciary branch.

    Why wouldn't you call a federal court representative of the judiciary branch? Do you think the judiciary branch is comprised solely of the SCOTUS?
    Excuse me for disagreeing that your degeneracy is sacred.

  3. #43

    Default

    Semantics forehead punch on luiss
    Originally Posted by Baron D'Holbach
    Stop tooting on flutes and go read a book.

  4. #44
    Consul Luisss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    10,949

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Erbal View Post
    FISC is a federal court. Federal court is the judiciary branch.

    Why wouldn't you call a federal court representative of the judiciary branch? Do you think the judiciary branch is comprised solely of the SCOTUS?
    Would you call the actions of a CIA agent representative of the entire executive branch?
    "Semper necessitas probandi incumbit ei qui agit."

  5. #45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luisss View Post
    Would you call the actions of a CIA agent representative of the entire executive branch?
    The FISC is comprised of 7 federal judges appointed for 7-year terms by the Chief Justice.
    CIA agent is highly ambiguous. That could be anything from low-level data entry to Jason Borne.

    FISC is to the judiciary branch as a CIA agent is to the entire executive branch? Really?

    Do you... I can't believe you are forcing me to ask this... do you even know what the judiciary branch is???
    Excuse me for disagreeing that your degeneracy is sacred.

  6. #46
    Philosopher Jono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Davis, CA
    Posts
    13,219
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokchick View Post
    OMG, Wodey found a woman who agrees with him. He must be right, cos all women are always right all the time.

  7. #47
    Consul Luisss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    10,949

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Erbal View Post
    The FISC is comprised of 7 federal judges appointed for 7-year terms by the Chief Justice.
    CIA agent is highly ambiguous. That could be anything from low-level data entry to Jason Borne.

    FISC is to the judiciary branch as a CIA agent is to the entire executive branch? Really?

    Do you... I can't believe you are forcing me to ask this... do you even know what the judiciary branch is???
    Considering FISC comprises less than 1% of the entire federal judgeships that's a completely accurate comparison.
    "Semper necessitas probandi incumbit ei qui agit."

  8. #48
    Philosopher Jono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Davis, CA
    Posts
    13,219
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokchick View Post
    OMG, Wodey found a woman who agrees with him. He must be right, cos all women are always right all the time.

  9. #49

    Default

    What little we do know of the FISC's opinion is that the surveillance has already been used unconstitutionally, and now Eric Holder is working feverishly to block the whole opinion from going public?

    This dude is a real American hero. He gave up a really nice job, his family, his home in Hawaii, and all hopes of ever returning to the US... and he is pretty much the #1 enemy of the scary US government right now... all because he wants to make this country a better place to live in.

    The Honorable Edward Snowden, first of his name, Warden of the secrets, Bringer of Hope. A true American hero.

    Quote Originally Posted by Luisss View Post
    Considering FISC comprises less than 1% of the entire federal judgeships that's a completely accurate comparison.
    The most competent 1% of federal judges hand-selected by the Chief Justice, in your mind, accurately equates to 1 CIA agent representing 100% of the executive branch?

    Stop infecting this thread with your full ret***.
    Excuse me for disagreeing that your degeneracy is sacred.

  10. #50
    Consul Kurtz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The land of the ice and snow
    Posts
    24,821

    Default

    He's got a very good point.

  11. #51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Erbal View Post
    The Honorable Edward Snowden, first of his name, Warden of the secrets, Bringer of Hope. A true American hero.
    Wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shenaynay View Post
    According to the theory of evolution, you probably shouldn't be allowed here either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron D'Holbach View Post
    You're a ******* idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luisss View Post
    I DON'T CARE WHAT THE ANSWER IS.
    S3- Nemesis- http://travian-reports.net/us/report/60926971ac5 (That clay pit had it coming!!!!!!)
    S1- Trannysaurusrex- 7RU (the awesome wing)
    S1- Inshallah. It be but the will of God.

    No neg coords for me.

  12. #52

    Default

    Further, it's important to bear in mind I'm being called a traitor by men like former Vice President **** Cheney. This is a man who gave us the warrantless wiretapping scheme as a kind of atrocity warm-up on the way to deceitfully engineering a conflict that has killed over 4,400 and maimed nearly 32,000 Americans, as well as leaving over 100,000 Iraqis dead. Being called a traitor by **** Cheney is the highest honor you can give an American, and the more panicked talk we hear from people like him, Feinstein, and King, the better off we all are. If they had taught a class on how to be the kind of citizen **** Cheney worries about, I would have finished high school. ~Snowden
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013...-whistleblower
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Eb0l is the alpha and the omega
    The eternal pumpkin queen, and mother of gerbils
    So it was written and so it must forever be

  13. #53
    Senator sugarbritches's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    On top of Old Smoky
    Posts
    2,106

    Default

    I believe this belongs here.



    <@Josh> I was pretending to be Harry Potter and I did the broomstick thing wrong

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •