Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Things I did not know about exploiting disabled workers...

  1. #1

    Default Things I did not know about exploiting disabled workers...

    I've always heard a lot of complaints about goodwill, but the things discussed in this video are truly awful.
    http://www.upworthy.com/the-civil-ri...ow-about?c=bl3

  2. #2

    Default

    When it comes to disabled workers I am never surprised as to how people will actually treat them. You'd think there would be some sort of humanity somewhere out there, but even programs who claim to do good seem to be the worst of all.

  3. #3
    Senator sugarbritches's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    On top of Old Smoky
    Posts
    2,106

    Default

    A very small percentage of the disabled workers I can see not paying, they aren't capable of doing enough work to actually be considered productive and are most likely doing it as a form of recommended social exercises. A lot of them though actually depend on that income in some form or another and are providing a service.

    It makes me sad that that's the only place I can find that I can afford to buy my ever growing children clothes when they outgrow them after two weeks. All the other thrift stores seem to have a shortage of men's clothing that the giant boy needs.


    <@Josh> I was pretending to be Harry Potter and I did the broomstick thing wrong

  4. #4

    Default

    It seems like they only hire disabled people at the checkout lines for my local Vons. It takes like 15 minutes just to buy something there, even in the express line. And once you finally get to the register they are forced to ask you for donations for various causes. There are signs saying if they don't ask you for a donation, you get a free 2 liter of soda.

    Needless to say, I don't go to Vons anymore. Ain't no body got time for dat!

  5. #5
    Consul
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    9,816

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Erbal View Post
    It seems like they only hire disabled people at the checkout lines for my local Vons. It takes like 15 minutes just to buy something there, even in the express line. And once you finally get to the register they are forced to ask you for donations for various causes. There are signs saying if they don't ask you for a donation, you get a free 2 liter of soda.

    Needless to say, I don't go to Vons anymore. Ain't no body got time for dat!
    Erbal, if you think they're bad, imagine working with the disabled guy in your self-checkout line.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jdurand View Post
    Erbal, if you think they're bad, imagine working with the disabled guy in your self-checkout line.
    How about the guy too lazy and incompetent for a job so he takes welfare checks paid for by the working people Mr Welfare Mooch sits around insulting all day on the internet.

  7. #7
    Consul
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    9,816

    Default

    Not sure who that would be.

  8. #8

    Default

    I've heard both sides of this coin, honestly.
    Good Will will say that if they pay the mentally disabled minimum wage than they won't be able to hire as many people as have. On the other end: this is borderline slave labor.

    Funny note: I've always said people with Down Syndrome are not human because of the extra chromosome.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 5m4llP0X View Post
    I've heard both sides of this coin, honestly.
    Good Will will say that if they pay the mentally disabled minimum wage than they won't be able to hire as many people as have. On the other end: this is borderline slave labor.

    Funny note: I've always said people with Down Syndrome are not human because of the extra chromosome.
    They are super human. And every super human senses how much hate and fear normal humans would have towards them so at a very early age, the super human downsies create a life long illusion they are handicapped so they won't be hunted down and exterminated like every supernatural species humans made extinct out of fear. This character is played 24/7 365.4 until they ultimately fake their death and escape our primitive planet.

  10. #10
    Consul The Blazin1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Murica... **** yeah
    Posts
    6,858

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jdurand View Post
    Not sure who that would be.
    My guess would be you. Get a job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron D'Holbach View Post
    You should quote yourself. It's like liking your Facebook status or high-fiving yourself in the mirror.

    It's what I would do if I didn't have to keep mine exactly how it is for madsquirrels and erazer.

  11. #11
    Philosopher Jacana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Solving Agatha Christie's problems.
    Posts
    11,514

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Erbal View Post
    They are super human. And every super human senses how much hate and fear normal humans would have towards them so at a very early age, the super human downsies create a life long illusion they are handicapped so they won't be hunted down and exterminated like every supernatural species humans made extinct out of fear. This character is played 24/7 365.4 until they ultimately fake their death and escape our primitive planet.
    I think I need to have a talk with my sister.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •