Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Forum adventures game thread

Default Forum adventures game thread

It was another exciting day in the forums, political and religious debates were raging causing insults and the need for citations. Book clubs and taco threads gave members some refuge but even these sanctuaries were plagued by some crying and shadowy figures who kept FU under their thumb of wickedness with the threat bans and mod favoritism. FU had had enough and were determined to make some changes to their habitat by overthrowing some of the evil mods and were prepared to do anything to have their way. The mods have seen this uprising coming for months and are equally ready to keep things the way they are at any cost, even the dreaded perma.

While all this was going on, Flossie fell down a flight of stairs and broke her hip.

Trolls: Baron D- lynching gives him the victory.
    Erbal- uses conspiracy theories to change a players action.
    kurtz- serial killer, wins when everyone else is dead, or it can't be avoided

bella- head mod, can send a kill a night.
    Conundrum- able to follow a player a night and learn their role.

Fu: Woden- can investigate once a night, always gets it right.
    luisss- can investigate one player a night, always gets it wrong, thinks he is Woden.

Everyone else is either fu or mod.

The players
    floss- Erbal
    piney,
    b.A.,
    Jason k,
    daft,
    nortac- baron
    GM- FU
    ????,
    jacass,
    MB,
    scarecrow

Lynch by 12 a.m. Est.

hope I didn't screw anything up.
    Last edited by The Blazin1; 08-03-2013 at 03:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron D'Holbach View Post
    You should quote yourself. It's like liking your Facebook status or high-fiving yourself in the mirror.

It's what I would do if I didn't have to keep mine exactly how it is for madsquirrels and erazer.

Good luck
    You should quote yourself. It's like liking your Facebook status or high-fiving yourself in the mirror.

It's what I would do if I didn't have to keep mine exactly how it is for madsquirrels and erazer.

Philosopher Principal Brian Lewis's Avatar

Everyone who hasn't posted yet is mafia, discuss.

Um....the mod is mafia....and as is so typical for mafia posted first.....GM is Bella!!!!

Blazie Pooh, is the first KP tomorrow night? Or do we have an exceedinly short day today? I am soo sore, my hip hurts.
    Note:Any posts made by this poster should always be construed in the most innocent angelic way possible. The poster is not responsible for where your depraved minds go, if you have a depraved mind.

Our Lady of Croppers ~Semper DOS~ ~Viva Toons~ || This area intentionally left blank. || The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity ~ Harlan Ellison

Quote Originally Posted by Flossie Schmumpus View Post
    Um....the mod is mafia....and as is so typical for mafia posted first.....GM is Bella!!!!

Blazie Pooh, is the first KP tomorrow night? Or do we have an exceedinly short day today? I am soo sore, my hip hurts.
    KP tomorrow since I got it started so late.

Philosopher Principal Brian Lewis's Avatar

Look at how defensive Flossie got after I correctly called her out as mafia with my first post. I think we found Bella.

Gotmilk is obviously a mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonothan Crane
    Patients suffering delusional episodes often focus their paranoia on an external tormentor. Usually one conforming to Jungian archetypes. In this case, a scarecrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    Gotmilk is obviously a mod.
    Well so are you!

I apparently dont look good in orange

I am jealous of all the orangeness around here. You are ALL scum
    us1rd4 Shakin&Bakin | us2rd3 DarkFather Dual #665 | us6rd1 NoMercy | us9rd1 NotAMyth (sorceys raid slave and sandwich maker)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drummit View Post
    What the pineappleh's going on, and where are my reins?

Occasionally worshipped by Mitachuk, Hej and Vigil
    and most important Sprouts friend

Call me extremely dumb, but what does FU stand for?

Quote Originally Posted by kabooja View Post
    Forum User.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacana View Post
    Well so are you!
    And you!
    I was confused too. Forum users I believe it is an acronym for.

Patients suffering delusional episodes often focus their paranoia on an external tormentor. Usually one conforming to Jungian archetypes. In this case, a scarecrow.

So, all the people with orange names are scum, right?

Mehby.

Forum User.
    Well forum user you all too!

Quote Originally Posted by The Blazin1 View Post
    Lynch by 12 p.m. Est.
    Killpost is at noon?
    Retired as of 10/13/14 after 7 and a half years of playing. Good luck to those who continue to play.
    us2; Round 6 - Adjudicator (Getter) (BACON) (Lost)
    us3; Round 2 - stevo (Getter) (QoD) (Lost)
    us3; Round 3 - stemem (Getter) (SI) (Won)
    us3; Round 4 - BliZZarD (Getter) (Delicious) (lost)
    us3; Round 5 - Ice Lillies (Getter) (DoS) (Semper DoS)
    us3; Round 7 - Revolt (Getter) (SI) (Won)
    us8; Round 1 - Heavenly Wrath (Getter) (TNT) (won)
    com3; Round ? - General Mills (Getter) (ReD DoS/TWD) (Lost)

Quote Originally Posted by ???? View Post
    Killpost is at noon?
    Dammit! No, it should be a.m., I had 11 at first but wanted to give the left coasters a bit more time. Thanks for pointing that out.

Dammit! No, it should be a.m., I had 11 at first but wanted to give the left coasters a bit more time. Thanks for pointing that out.
    I resemble that remark! I think the host is choosing sides....I suggest we lynch him tonight.

Vote: The Blazin1
    Reason: Looks and sounds suspicious....I think he is angling for a mod job.
    Note:Any posts made by this poster should always be construed in the most innocent angelic way possible. The poster is not responsible for where your depraved minds go, if you have a depraved mind.

Our Lady of Croppers ~Semper DOS~ ~Viva Toons~ || This area intentionally left blank. || The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity ~ Harlan Ellison

I resemble that remark! I think the host is choosing sides....I suggest we lynch him tonight.

While pondering what to do, flossie decided to go to the beach to try and gain some perspective. She realised she forgot sunblock and tried to leave only to discover her wheelchair was stuck in the sand, the sun rose higher into the sky. She started to redden a bit at first, but after hours in the sun she turned a shade of purple from the severity of her burns. Her eyes began to burn from it as well, and as the wind rose sand blasted her eyes into a state of near blindness, she did not notice the crabs gathering at her feet until they began eating her toes.

While this does make sense, I think he's just getting you back for last round... or is it you getting him back for last round. Now I just can't keep things straight. And can we lynch the host?

So it should be 12am... midnight? Is the original post going to be updated with this?

And I haven't been around the Mafia scene much... but from what I've seen, the first lynch vote is typically either flossie or no-vote? Might as well get this game moving... flossie seems suspicious.

Vote: flossie

How exactly does a game work with a dead host?

Vote: no free lynch

When the host gets lynched, he turns into a zombie....much more fun that way.

@Jason....Blazin deserves to be lynched, he shanghaied me into running the last round, started this one late, was unclear about KP time, mistakes kitchen sinks for latrines etc. What possible reason could there be to not lynch him?????

btw, your not wanting to lynch him seems awfully moddy....into wearing the orange?

Excuse lack of bold (I'm on a phone).
    Vote: Jason
    Reason: Follow the magical leopluridon. It'll show us the way!

Woo, first day!

Vote: No Lynch

Sorry I have arrived late, you see George Washington was kicking my bosom over at Bunker Hill and I had escaped.

Now then let's see here...

Vote: Jason
    Reason: I'm evil anyways, what do you expect?

So i am completely confused about times now. Not only am i jetlagged and waking at 3am local to eat a late breakfast on west coast time, now i find that flossie needs sunblock, the sand in California clogs wheelchairs now, and the sun sets before the KP on the west coast but not before sunset on my east coast.

I think there is a conspiracy in there somewhere but i can work out who is being Erbal. Regardless i blame Blazin

Vote: Blazin
    Reason: Making my poor old head hurt more
    us1rd4 Shakin&Bakin | us2rd3 DarkFather Dual #665 | us6rd1 NoMercy | us9rd1 NotAMyth (sorceys raid slave and sandwich maker)

night one....not sure what to do...tired...ugh

Lynch: blazin
    Retired as of 10/13/14 after 7 and a half years of playing. Good luck to those who continue to play.
    us2; Round 6 - Adjudicator (Getter) (BACON) (Lost)
    us3; Round 2 - stevo (Getter) (QoD) (Lost)
    us3; Round 3 - stemem (Getter) (SI) (Won)
    us3; Round 4 - BliZZarD (Getter) (Delicious) (lost)
    us3; Round 5 - Ice Lillies (Getter) (DoS) (Semper DoS)
    us3; Round 7 - Revolt (Getter) (SI) (Won)
    us8; Round 1 - Heavenly Wrath (Getter) (TNT) (won)
    com3; Round ? - General Mills (Getter) (ReD DoS/TWD) (Lost)

Reason: I'm a pacifist *******.

Reason: I'm a pacifist *******.
    I thought your orange was looking a little yellow

Whoa, so it appears putting up the first non- "no lynch" or "lynch host" vote really puts a target on your back. I've never played a forum-mafia game before... only in-person versions, with a very basic mafia/townsfolk/doctor/sheriff roles. And I never understood the "no vote"... I'm a math guy, and every opportunity we have to lynch a potential mafia (regardless of whether or not we even have a clue of who one is), is a wasted opportunity if we don't vote. A blind vote is still a chance for randomly picking off a mafia, rather than letting them slowly pick us off at night.

Jason, Blazin and I have a long ranging forum wide battle of the wills going on. He wants to pee in my lounges...I stop him. Simply put, it is personal...we must lynch this host.

Plus no other good info has come up to help me target the mafia/mods. People are not posting, hard to discern if people do not post. So your math says a shot in the dark lynching is better than a no lynch?

I've never** played with more than just the 2 basic sides... townies and mafia. And if the mafia can kill at night, and townies don't kill them during the day, game over. So someone has to start something, just to get discussions going, even if that means a killing.

Of course, with the "serial killer" role, that might change things a bit. And I saw some previous rounds on here (when I browsed briefly), where multiple people/groups could kill at night. But in this round, I tend to think the odds are still against the townies if they "no lynch".

Anyway, whenever we get our KP for today, we'll know where to go from here. And yes, it would be nice if some other people posted more often... give something to go off. Until then, a zombie host could make for an interesting round... you're swaying me for tonight's vote

[**so when I say "never", I did actually play a mafia/werewolf/townie real-time version in residence at university... there were over 50 people playing. I think the mafia and werewolves were effectively 2 "identical" groups, with a leader and minions, but they had to kill both the other group plus the townies to win, and the townies had to kill both those groups to win... but their standard "doctor" and "sheriff" only detected mafia, and then there were equivalent roles to detect the werewolves. Also, all conversation was "hidden", in that it happened during the day in rez instead of in a public forum, so very few people knew about most conversations happening... and roles were presented as "you're mafia... to find out who your teammates are, wear mis-matched socks to the cafeteria every meal on day 1". And then voting happened anonymously via email to the mod, similar to here. Of course, I was a townie, and knew hardly anyone, and died early, so I didn't follow much that happened.]

All through the forum a great tension was felt, on top of the host just escaping being lynched being barely outvoted by no lynch, not everyone faired so lucky. Gotmilk was the first FU to be permabanned for reasons no one knew by the modsquad and Nortac was found hacked up, by the hands of what appeared to be a cross dressing sociopath.

Meanwhile, in the hospital, Floss layer in the recovery room. Aside from a broken hip and severe sunburn, the doctors were only able to save three of her toes. She would never be able to wear flip flops again. Unfortunately when she first went into surgery she was confused for eBol who was there for a boob job. The doctors realized their mistake half way through so floss only got one implant. She now resembles the hunchback of Norte dame walking backwards.

oh dear, This would happen just after i leave the west coast. Poor flossie. Time to get some forum users to go visit her in hospital. WHich one is she in mr Blazin?

These mods have to stop hurting us forum users

We should feed them to the natars!!!1111!

Quote Originally Posted by jason_kroeker View Post
    Whoa, so it appears putting up the first non- "no lynch" or "lynch host" vote really puts a target on your back. I've never played a forum-mafia game before... only in-person versions, with a very basic mafia/townsfolk/doctor/sheriff roles. And I never understood the "no vote"... I'm a math guy, and every opportunity we have to lynch a potential mafia (regardless of whether or not we even have a clue of who one is), is a wasted opportunity if we don't vote. A blind vote is still a chance for randomly picking off a mafia, rather than letting them slowly pick us off at night.
    Without calculating it myself, we'd be better with no lynch, night 1. Feel free to check it yourself.

I only picked a random person and went with it knowing everyone else will go no lynch anyway. I found it interesting that Benedict Arnold followed my vote on you however.

Everyone taking the night off?

If there's not enough active people, will there still be a lynch if one person votes?

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    Without calculating it myself, we'd be better with no lynch, night 1. Feel free to check it yourself.

I only picked a random person and went with it knowing everyone else will go no lynch anyway. I found it interesting that Benedict Arnold followed my vote on you however.
    I'll have to look into the numbers more tomorrow at work. It's bedtime now.

But are we really expected to vote, given the few short replies since the result? It's hard to play off people's responses if there aren't responses. Maybe tomorrow we'll have a better day?

^Basically it. People need to talk.
    Sad that someone who said that they won't be able to play too heavily is still playing more than everyone else.