Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 80 of 218

Thread: Travian 5

  1. #41
    Consul Kurtz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The land of the ice and snow
    Posts
    24,821

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tiamat View Post
    iOS
    Install Opera Mini. Hey presto all your problems are solved. It is still much slower than a computer of course, but Safari is crap.

    Also Apple is crap. The standard browser on the Android platform is even better for Travian.

  2. #42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 5m4llP0X View Post
    They made it the way it is in hopes to give new players a better survival early game.
    Did they expect new players to blindly spend a lot of money on scrolls too? Because that is the only way to really compete under the new rules at the beginning when it comes to heroes.
    S3R2- Einar
    S2R3- WrlckThWckd
    S2R4- Wadsworth
    S5R4- Einar
    S5R5- Bob

  3. #43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Einar View Post
    Did they expect new players to blindly spend a lot of money on scrolls too? Because that is the only way to really compete under the new rules at the beginning when it comes to heroes.
    It's not the only way, but it does make it more difficult.

  4. #44

    Dan Chak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Syracuse, baby!
    Posts
    8,063

    Default

    I really like the auction house, personally. It gives Travian more money, gives me a place to sell the crap I don't want for silver to exchange to gold and it gives noobs a chance to survive and that's the most important part right there.
    I like Mok's idea of gathering the english speaking dots into one but Puhleeeeeeeeeeze not .com! It's blocked at my work!!
    Quote Originally Posted by gebne View Post
    St. Chak, glorious atelier, faithful servant and bearer of thong,
    the stain of the troll has caused you to be forgotten by many,
    but the true forum invokes you universally as the patron of things despised of;
    pray for me, that finally I may receive the alterations and the couture of thongs in all my fripperies, ornamentations, and trimmings,
    particularly those of purple hue, and that I may read Chak with the thong throughout Eternity.

  5. #45
    Consul Kurtz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The land of the ice and snow
    Posts
    24,821

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Chak View Post
    I really like the auction house, personally. It gives Travian more money, gives me a place to sell the crap I don't want for silver to exchange to gold and it gives noobs a chance to survive and that's the most important part right there.
    I like Mok's idea of gathering the english speaking dots into one but Puhleeeeeeeeeeze not .com! It's blocked at my work!!
    Only reason I play .us is because I got so damn sick and tired of getting IGM's in all sorts of languages or the most terrible English... and .uk and .au are just too small to be any sort of competition.

  6. #46

    Default

    Fix endgame
    I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.

  7. #47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Einar View Post
    Did they expect new players to blindly spend a lot of money on scrolls too? Because that is the only way to really compete under the new rules at the beginning when it comes to heroes.
    They removed scrolls from the beginning of the game in 4.2.
    S6-r1 The_Chuck S8-r1 Lanie (night shift) S5-r3 Tyche (night shift) S7-r3 Chuckles (night shift)
    S2-r6 Tommo and rebuild S1-r7 Country (day shift) S5-r7(AEU) Office Space S19-r2 (SE) The Joker

  8. #48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cute View Post
    Block Russians!
    hahahahahaha))) noobs)))))))

  9. #49
    Philosopher Marmot Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Ponyville
    Posts
    1,755

    Default

    My own ideas, big and small:

    1) I agree with Mok, consolidate some domains. The more players on a server, the more fun it is.

    2) Bring back the 'no new players after artifacts spawn' rule.

    3) Kill the grey and go back to random WW placement.

    4) On top of #3, scale the number of WWs and plans to the number of active players on the server at the start of end game (minimum 3, max 13). I don't know what a good number for that would be, although mu gut says somewhere in the range of 500-1k.

    5) Get rid of the useless wilderness spaces on the map. They make building Henges impossible.

    The only halfway decent idea that I can come up with for improving end game that hasn't been brought up before is to halve the build times for WW levels. This still makes it last a decent amount of time so that it has a decent weight of achievement for finishing it, but it would also make it much harder for hammers to be rebuilt in time to launch a second time during a round. And yes, bring back half wheat at a WW, please.

  10. #50
    Consul Kurtz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The land of the ice and snow
    Posts
    24,821

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmot Man View Post
    4) On top of #3, scale the number of WWs and plans to the number of active players on the server at the start of end game (minimum 3, max 13). I don't know what a good number for that would be, although mu gut says somewhere in the range of 500-1k.
    Think you mean 5-10 no?

  11. #51
    Philosopher Marmot Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Ponyville
    Posts
    1,755

    Default

    I meant, for number of accounts to equal 1 WW/plan spawned.

  12. #52
    Consul Kurtz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The land of the ice and snow
    Posts
    24,821

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmot Man View Post
    I meant, for number of accounts to equal 1 WW/plan spawned.
    Aha. It is all becoming more clear now. I'd tend towards 1k personally.

  13. #53

    Default

    You know I posted this crap on Com forums Ideas but it showed "Needs to be reviewed by Moderator" and never posted...

    First fix the current problems

    Mass Spammers: Super annoying, especially on Com domains but US same... All they advertise is their own private servers and illegal gold/silver. Solution: Do now allow anyone to IGM until they get X pop (30-50) unless they are in an alliance and than they can IGM alliance members.

    Gold Farmers: Cheating isn't cool, but many people make hundreds of accounts for the simple purpose of getting the referral 50 gold upon getting 2nd village. Solution simple: Set the referral gold at 3rd village since by than the server is old enough where these bots can be catapulted by regular players (all they do is find adventure troops and build crannies). Making gold farming pretty hard and pretty useless.

    Silver Farmers: Still exist sadly (Don't tell me the auction limit has fixed it since I've seen many people bypass it, although MH catch them a lot they don't always find everyone). This problem can EASILY be solved by just setting the 50 gold to 3rd village.

    Overpowered Heroes:It's no mystery these days, if you can buy 3k gold at start you're much more likely to have the upper-hand when you have a hero with 3k FS and infinite lives from buckets. You can smash people's armies and empty oasis without losing a single troop which is the biggest downside of T4 Solution: Scale the hero Fight Strength down and Hero Items down by 50-90% (Yes that much). This makes hero still somewhat useful early on but not overpowered, you can't just buy your way to the top now since it will cost you 10x more...
    For example each level hero gains 20 FS (Roman) or 18 (Teuton or Gaul) - Stuff like Shields instead of 500 only give 50. This will make the game a lot more like T3.6 tactics where you must use troops rather than hero. It also adds more dynamic play since now you must choose either 5 points to get 100 FS or resources (right now FS is the obvious choice). To make hero totally not worthless later on you simply add another function in Academy or Blacksmith that allows you to either train hero or upgrade hero's weapons/armor. So you will have the option to turn that 20 FS into 100 FS per point but it will cost resources. And you will be able to upgrade that Armor but it may also cost resources or maybe even Silver/Gold (VIOLA YOU MAKE $MONEY$!).

    Big Giant Shiny Coin: Get rid of it, it's kind of annoying. I buy gold when I feel like the game is worth it and I need a boost, not when you shine it into my eyes, that just makes me wish to turn of PC and go outside.

    Slow Speeds: It's annoying, especially on higher speed servers. This was not much of a problem with T3.6 but now that you're adding more materials and bigger graphics pack you need to figure out how to make each page load smoothly instead of 1-2 second delays.

    Here is some tips google suggests for your site :P

    Setting an expiry date or a maximum age in the HTTP headers for static resources instructs the browser to load previously downloaded resources from local disk rather than over the network.

    Optimize images
    Properly formatting and compressing images can save many bytes of data.

    Eliminate render-blocking JavaScript and CSS in above-the-fold content
    Your page has 2 blocking script resources and 1 blocking CSS resources.

    Fix Oasis: The respawn rates are crazy. Only reason to hit if for the initial 4-8k. So it only benefits gold buyers mostly...

    Make the end-game more fun: A lot of ideas have been thrown but stuff like
    -Whichever alliance destroys the most WW villages (from players or Natars) wins if there are 0 WW villages remaining (Would be pretty cool).
    -Allow a Natar win! Give them a cool AI and allow them to bust random players or anything who tries to take artifacts



    --------------------------------------------
    Ideas to add to T5
    --------------------------------------------

    New units: Stuff like highly offensive Dual Wielders or reinforced infantry or even water units like galleys or galleons!
    New Buildings
    New Graphics
    New Map Structures (Idk like CASTLES, where you have to attack them and maybe get profit)
    HOLIDAY EVENTS! Events are best thing about games is when you get something special Maybe special holiday gear or hero appearance than can only be obtained during that holiday and you keep throughout server. Or maybe different icons for your villages.
    New Races (Like Saxons, Celtics, Egyptians).

    My 2 Cents.
    Last edited by Skylight; 08-21-2013 at 03:35 AM.
    I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.

  14. #54
    Consul The Blazin1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Murica... **** yeah
    Posts
    6,858

    Default

    Make it last alliance standing. Hell with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron D'Holbach View Post
    You should quote yourself. It's like liking your Facebook status or high-fiving yourself in the mirror.

    It's what I would do if I didn't have to keep mine exactly how it is for madsquirrels and erazer.

  15. #55
    Retired Game Admin Fighter1405's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,602

    Default

    Thanks for all your feedback so far, I'm going to let this go until the end of the weekend and then gather together all of your ideas and forward them onto the development team for their consideration.

    As an additional note you may be interested to follow the official Travian Blog for updates on the development progress of TRAVIAN 5. So far there's just a brief introduction to the team, but I'm sure it'll be kept updated with feature and design changes etc

    http://blog.travian.com/

    |Travian Manual|Forum Rules|Server Rules|
    "Veni, Vidi, Victus sum"

  16. #56
    Philosopher MokMonster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    home
    Posts
    7,928

    Default

    Add a delete button from the screen where you read the IGM.
    Going back after reading a spam just to delete it is a waste of time.
    They have it for deleting reports.
    MokMonster does not support, condone or agree with anything written in this post.
    Any suggestions to the contrary are purely unintentional.
    (Unless you agreed with it -- then I totally said it)

  17. #57

    Default

    Uh, IGMs have a delete button already. Top right of the page, green button that is labeled Delete.
    I wouldn't mind a report button to automatically forward to the MH though.
    S6-r1 The_Chuck S8-r1 Lanie (night shift) S5-r3 Tyche (night shift) S7-r3 Chuckles (night shift)
    S2-r6 Tommo and rebuild S1-r7 Country (day shift) S5-r7(AEU) Office Space S19-r2 (SE) The Joker

  18. #58
    Philosopher cofc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Back to Oz.
    Posts
    4,246

    Default

    Right click, add farm.

    1 percent increase to merchant speed per level of the trade office.

  19. #59

    Default

    Add a cancel merchants option, maybe 30 seconds, with a small penalty and only for your own villages. Trading with another account stays the same.

  20. #60

    Default

    Add a way to copy raid lists to a different village (or even just an easy way to copy individual raids).
    And since I see stuff is missing from the weekend: Move the whole game to the speed of the original Tournament servers. Double build, double production, double merchants, single troop movement. May not make endgame any easier, but at least it would be shorter.
    S6-r1 The_Chuck S8-r1 Lanie (night shift) S5-r3 Tyche (night shift) S7-r3 Chuckles (night shift)
    S2-r6 Tommo and rebuild S1-r7 Country (day shift) S5-r7(AEU) Office Space S19-r2 (SE) The Joker

  21. #61
    lethaljimmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Hoth
    Posts
    1,787

    Default

    Here is my 2 cents and just some random thoughts of things I have had while playing the game.

    - Add in some sound. It would be good to have some sounds in starting a building or completing a quest.

    - A new tribe: This has been talked about but I have no ideas on the tribe or what it would be nor have I seen any real suggestions but this is a popular comment.

    - Map changes that add in difficulties in attacking or defending such as mountains or waterways that need to be traveled around. I think it would be interesting to see quads battle for the best defensive or offensive ground. I am not sure how to mix this in but I think it would be kind of interesting to see chunks of the map that have to be traveled around.

    -Interactive map: features that show you where your merchants or troops are at. Even if they are just dots.

    -Artifacts: I think it would be interesting if they were slightly hidden and had to be searched and found over the course of the server. With a randomization of what was found at the dig sight. With a dig sight having to be controlled for a period of time to dig up the artifact.

    -Quests: These could be more informative and teach players to see the length of the server and not just the first few days. Something more complex such as a long quest that requires the hero to travel to a few locations to complete it for gear and are time sensitive. Causing you to log in or be around to complete it or your hero comes home empty handed.

    -Statistics: It would be nice to see an over all confend statistics. Fix the hero exp bug in the leveling area. It does not work and often the hero stats are not in order. People play the game for and around the numbers. Some better tracking and drill downs on stats would be nice as well as adding in an over all raiding total like used to be shown in travian world. I would be cool to see how much people raided for the whole server and not just for the week.

    These are just some Ideas I think could make it more fun.

  22. #62

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lethaljimmy View Post
    - Add in some sound. It would be good to have some sounds in starting a building or completing a quest.
    I'd rather they not. A lot of people play this from work, and sounds will not work, but maybe with the option to turn them off?
    Quote Originally Posted by lethaljimmy View Post
    - A new tribe: This has been talked about but I have no ideas on the tribe or what it would be nor have I seen any real suggestions but this is a popular comment.
    This^^
    Quote Originally Posted by lethaljimmy View Post
    - Map changes that add in difficulties in attacking or defending such as mountains or waterways that need to be traveled around. I think it would be interesting to see quads battle for the best defensive or offensive ground. I am not sure how to mix this in but I think it would be kind of interesting to see chunks of the map that have to be traveled around.

    -Interactive map: features that show you where your merchants or troops are at. Even if they are just dots.
    This would be really hard to implement and will probobly just slow the down even more. Interesting concept, difficult to implement.

    Quote Originally Posted by lethaljimmy View Post
    -Artifacts: I think it would be interesting if they were slightly hidden and had to be searched and found over the course of the server. With a randomization of what was found at the dig sight. With a dig sight having to be controlled for a period of time to dig up the artifact.

    -Quests: These could be more informative and teach players to see the length of the server and not just the first few days. Something more complex such as a long quest that requires the hero to travel to a few locations to complete it for gear and are time sensitive. Causing you to log in or be around to complete it or your hero comes home empty handed.

    -Statistics: It would be nice to see an over all confend statistics. Fix the hero exp bug in the leveling area. It does not work and often the hero stats are not in order. People play the game for and around the numbers. Some better tracking and drill downs on stats would be nice as well as adding in an over all raiding total like used to be shown in travian world. I would be cool to see how much people raided for the whole server and not just for the week.
    Really not sure how i feel about these last ones.
    Retired as of 10/13/14 after 7 and a half years of playing. Good luck to those who continue to play.
    us2; Round 6 - Adjudicator (Getter) (BACON) (Lost)
    us3; Round 2 - stevo (Getter) (QoD) (Lost)
    us3; Round 3 - stemem (Getter) (SI) (Won)
    us3; Round 4 - BliZZarD (Getter) (Delicious) (lost)
    us3; Round 5 - Ice Lillies (Getter) (DoS) (Semper DoS)
    us3; Round 7 - Revolt (Getter) (SI) (Won)
    us8; Round 1 - Heavenly Wrath (Getter) (TNT) (won)
    com3; Round ? - General Mills (Getter) (ReD DoS/TWD) (Lost)

  23. #63
    Consul Kurtz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The land of the ice and snow
    Posts
    24,821

    Default

    Obstacles are a terrible idea. Part of the skill of this game is to track TS levels. The game would be fundamentally changed with this.

    The rest aren't bad though Jimmay!. Sound I can just turn off on the computer or browser if needs be. But I would say that they are just a starting point. Need to be developed further.

  24. #64
    Tradesperson Precious bunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    CANADA
    Posts
    346

    Default

    Just bring back t3,give us our cp back for partys if you must have artwork make it an option rather then a necessity to be able to have the troops we once did before the lowered cp.When chiefing a village give us the option of keeping it the tribe it was when chiefed.thus a roman can have gaul troops and or what ever tribe it was,But t3 would be better

  25. #65
    Consul Kurtz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The land of the ice and snow
    Posts
    24,821

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Precious bunny View Post
    When chiefing a village give us the option of keeping it the tribe it was when chiefed.
    I like this idea.

  26. #66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MokMonster View Post



    4 - Give us something new (that doesn't involve heroes). Maybe a new tribe or a new unit for each.





    7 - make the natar and oases less annoying to try to farm.

    like those ideas

    Originally Posted by Precious bunny :
    When chiefing a village give us the option of keeping it the tribe it was when chiefed.

    that's an interesting idea.
    Last edited by biambi28; 08-28-2013 at 08:34 PM.
    Players I have been in past:

    http://www.gettertools.com/s7.travia...201-AIRforce03

    http://www.gettertools.com/ts4.travi...28618-biambi28

    http://www.gettertools.com/ts5.travi.../9304-biambi79

    I had a blast but must take a break for RL. Hope to see fellow teammates in future.

  27. #67
    Tradesperson Leseyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Severní části státu New York
    Posts
    392

    Default

    The problem of having a village stay the tribe it was once it was chiefed is then, all you have to do is chief one villa from the two races you don't have, and now you can build the strongest infantry, the quickest-produced infantry, the most defensive infantry, the strongest cavalry, the quickest-produced cavalry, the most defensive cavalry, the best siege weapons, the best scouts...you can build the best of everything, which completely destroys the different race advantages and disadvantages we have currently.

    Now you've got Teutons who own Praets, Romans who own Spears, and Gauls who can stash their giant cavalry hammers at their own Watering Hole. It would unbalance the game as now people don't have to work together anymore to cover their own weaknesses. Everyone likes having a Roman anvil in their alliance because of the infantry defense of praets, but all it would devolve into eventually is alliances wanting a Roman to chief a village from, but not actually have in their alliance. You might even start to have offers like, "We'll let you join our alliance if you let us chief a couple of your villages".

    Chiefing is so you can get a pre-built city instead of having to cat and rebuild, it's not so you can assimilate the other race advantages to cover your own race's disadvantages. The idea sounds neat, but if you think about how the idea will be misused, it flies out the window. If we've learned anything from the .us servers, it's that if we're going to implement an idea, we have to consider how it will be misused, not what its purpose actually is. This is also a problem with Congress, but that's a topic for another board, at another time.

    Travian is a game that requires teamwork. When you allow people to assimilate the other tribes into their own, and so get the benefits of the other tribe, you make people less reliant on teams. One person could now overwhelm someone's traps with a cheap army of a few k maces, slam you with a Roman hammer full of imps and rams, followed by more fire cats, then raid the stuffing out of you with TTs until kingdom come, when some poor soul finally finishes a WW. One player isn't meant to be able to have the cheapest troops, the most powerful troops, and the fastest troops. That's why there's 3 different tribes for those three different aspects of the game.
    http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/c..._-_Sword-1.jpg
    White text says, "Hello!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    [...] I'd prefer it if my suggestions weren't taken purely at face value.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theo View Post
    It's been posted before and you would likely find it if you searched...

  28. #68
    lethaljimmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Hoth
    Posts
    1,787

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kurtz View Post
    Obstacles are a terrible idea. Part of the skill of this game is to track TS levels. The game would be fundamentally changed with this.

    The rest aren't bad though Jimmay!. Sound I can just turn off on the computer or browser if needs be. But I would say that they are just a starting point. Need to be developed further.
    The fundimentals of the game changed from t3 to t4 with several changes. The ww changed with locations and no longer being 1/2 wheat. This was a map change that altered the game. The changes to the hero also altered the game drastically. I am not saying that this is the best idea but that it would cause a change to the game and how it is played.

  29. #69
    Consul Kurtz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The land of the ice and snow
    Posts
    24,821

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Leseyk View Post
    The problem of having a village stay the tribe it was once it was chiefed is then, all you have to do is chief one villa from the two races you don't have, and now you can build the strongest infantry, the quickest-produced infantry, the most defensive infantry, the strongest cavalry, the quickest-produced cavalry, the most defensive cavalry, the best siege weapons, the best scouts...you can build the best of everything, which completely destroys the different race advantages and disadvantages we have currently.

    Now you've got Teutons who own Praets, Romans who own Spears, and Gauls who can stash their giant cavalry hammers at their own Watering Hole. It would unbalance the game as now people don't have to work together anymore to cover their own weaknesses. Everyone likes having a Roman anvil in their alliance because of the infantry defense of praets, but all it would devolve into eventually is alliances wanting a Roman to chief a village from, but not actually have in their alliance. You might even start to have offers like, "We'll let you join our alliance if you let us chief a couple of your villages".

    Chiefing is so you can get a pre-built city instead of having to cat and rebuild, it's not so you can assimilate the other race advantages to cover your own race's disadvantages. The idea sounds neat, but if you think about how the idea will be misused, it flies out the window. If we've learned anything from the .us servers, it's that if we're going to implement an idea, we have to consider how it will be misused, not what its purpose actually is. This is also a problem with Congress, but that's a topic for another board, at another time.

    Travian is a game that requires teamwork. When you allow people to assimilate the other tribes into their own, and so get the benefits of the other tribe, you make people less reliant on teams. One person could now overwhelm someone's traps with a cheap army of a few k maces, slam you with a Roman hammer full of imps and rams, followed by more fire cats, then raid the stuffing out of you with TTs until kingdom come, when some poor soul finally finishes a WW. One player isn't meant to be able to have the cheapest troops, the most powerful troops, and the fastest troops. That's why there's 3 different tribes for those three different aspects of the game.
    Wheat would be what limits you there.

    Quote Originally Posted by lethaljimmy View Post
    The fundimentals of the game changed from t3 to t4 with several changes. The ww changed with locations and no longer being 1/2 wheat. This was a map change that altered the game. The changes to the hero also altered the game drastically. I am not saying that this is the best idea but that it would cause a change to the game and how it is played.
    Not as much as this would. It literally wouldn't be possible to do the calculations without downloading the whole map onto a calculator site.

  30. #70
    Philosopher cofc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Back to Oz.
    Posts
    4,246

    Default

    Having different tribes within one account would be absurd.

  31. #71

    Default

    But most importantly: Some way to filter the rally point and allow it to remain filtered, as well (the star feature is awesome).

  32. #72

    Dan Chak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Syracuse, baby!
    Posts
    8,063

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cofc View Post
    Having different tribes within one account would be absurd.
    And you say this becausssssssssssssssssssse why?
    Quote Originally Posted by gebne View Post
    St. Chak, glorious atelier, faithful servant and bearer of thong,
    the stain of the troll has caused you to be forgotten by many,
    but the true forum invokes you universally as the patron of things despised of;
    pray for me, that finally I may receive the alterations and the couture of thongs in all my fripperies, ornamentations, and trimmings,
    particularly those of purple hue, and that I may read Chak with the thong throughout Eternity.

  33. #73
    Consul Kurtz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The land of the ice and snow
    Posts
    24,821

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Chak View Post
    And you say this becausssssssssssssssssssse why?
    Because he's a troll.

  34. #74

    Dan Chak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Syracuse, baby!
    Posts
    8,063

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kurtz View Post
    Because he's a troll.
    Not a very good attempt. Perhaps he just doesn't care enough to put forth some effort.
    Kids these days, I swear.
    Quote Originally Posted by gebne View Post
    St. Chak, glorious atelier, faithful servant and bearer of thong,
    the stain of the troll has caused you to be forgotten by many,
    but the true forum invokes you universally as the patron of things despised of;
    pray for me, that finally I may receive the alterations and the couture of thongs in all my fripperies, ornamentations, and trimmings,
    particularly those of purple hue, and that I may read Chak with the thong throughout Eternity.

  35. #75
    Philosopher cooper316's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ginaz
    Posts
    1,739

    Default

    Sweet Jeebus! You forum hacks have invaded the regular people areas, too?
    "And how can this be?!" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XBHL...eature=related

    Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    Either that, or he needs to beat your other wings' recruiters and diplomats over the head with a burlap sack full of dead babies. Frozen dead babies, so it hurts more.
    George Carlin on Global Warming:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjmtSkl53h4

    .US4 - Subject to Change
    .US9 - Sorcey's Forcey

  36. #76
    Consul Kurtz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The land of the ice and snow
    Posts
    24,821

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Chak View Post
    Not a very good attempt. Perhaps he just doesn't care enough to put forth some effort.
    Kids these days, I swear.
    Agreed. Is why I keep him on ignore. Not worth the effort reading his crap.

    Anyway, back to discussing T5. I really don't like the idea of being able to filter the RP myself, at least to the degree that I'm thinking people are talking about. It would make seeing incoming on a WW too simple. I could see an "own troops", "foreign troops" button being cool, but other than that... meh. And I don't even really like that. Spamming fakes at a hammer village of someone you know is a big raider is a great strategy.

  37. #77
    Philosopher cofc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Back to Oz.
    Posts
    4,246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kurtz View Post
    Is why I keep him on ignore.
    It's*.

    Except when you respond to me, which proves you just lied again. Derp.


    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Chak View Post
    And you say this becausssssssssssssssssssse why?
    Because the whole point of picking a tribe is that there are pros and cons. You may as well just pick the original tribe, and get to manually pick the tribe you want at each new village.

  38. #78

    Dan Chak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Syracuse, baby!
    Posts
    8,063

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cofc View Post
    Because the whole point of picking a tribe is that there are pros and cons. You may as well just pick the original tribe, and get to manually pick the tribe you want at each new village.
    Thenkyew.

    edit: to keep on topic, what about a navy
    Quote Originally Posted by gebne View Post
    St. Chak, glorious atelier, faithful servant and bearer of thong,
    the stain of the troll has caused you to be forgotten by many,
    but the true forum invokes you universally as the patron of things despised of;
    pray for me, that finally I may receive the alterations and the couture of thongs in all my fripperies, ornamentations, and trimmings,
    particularly those of purple hue, and that I may read Chak with the thong throughout Eternity.

  39. #79
    Philosopher cofc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Back to Oz.
    Posts
    4,246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Chak View Post
    Thenkyew.

    edit: to keep on topic, what about a navy
    Not a lot of water to cross on these maps.

  40. #80

    Dan Chak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Syracuse, baby!
    Posts
    8,063

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cofc View Post
    Not a lot of water to cross on these maps.
    Was made in jest because it irks the hell out of people when it is suggested, but maps should not be a limiting factor. They screwed it up for henge-making with T4, why not add some seas or oceans to screw it up more? No navy, you circle the sea and it takes longer. Have navy, will travel!
    Quote Originally Posted by gebne View Post
    St. Chak, glorious atelier, faithful servant and bearer of thong,
    the stain of the troll has caused you to be forgotten by many,
    but the true forum invokes you universally as the patron of things despised of;
    pray for me, that finally I may receive the alterations and the couture of thongs in all my fripperies, ornamentations, and trimmings,
    particularly those of purple hue, and that I may read Chak with the thong throughout Eternity.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •