Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Travian 5

Default Travian 5

Dear players,

We have decided that we no longer want to keep you in the dark about our future plans and so you will be among the first people on the planet to hear this exciting message: Gerhard Müller (alias KEEN) and his team have started work on TRAVIAN 5.

If development continues at the current speed, we are confident that we will be able to publish the first version of TRAVIAN 5 in 2014.

Your opinions and views are very important to us; hence we would like to use this opportunity to ask about your wishes for the latest version of your favorite game. Please comment below with your thoughts and suggestions.

Your TRAVIAN Team

|Travian Manual|Forum Rules|Server Rules|
    "Veni, Vidi, Victus sum"

Quote Originally Posted by Fighter1405 View Post
    hence we would like to use this opportunity to ask about your wishes for the latest version of your favorite game
    1 - Fix endgame.

2 - Reduce the early-game power combination of heroes + cash.

3 - Fix endgame.

4 - Give us something new (that doesn't involve heroes). Maybe a new tribe or a new unit for each.

5 - Make the game render faster like back in T3.x -- perhaps by reducing the amount of graphics that load with each page?

6 - Fix endgame.

7 - make the natar and oases less annoying to try to farm.

Oh... and maybe change up endgame?
    WW suck to build, especially with full wheat. But more than the suck-fest that is shipping wheat and rez under a constant barrage of nagging, it makes the entire server boring as it forces lower pop servers to basically huggle up into 2 hemispheres of boring.
    MokMonster does not support, condone or agree with anything written in this post.
    Any suggestions to the contrary are purely unintentional.
    (Unless you agreed with it -- then I totally said it)

1. Look at Mok's post

2. Fix RP

3. Get rid of grey zone

4. Get rid of artifacts

5.. (more may come)

Both Mok and Cute have hit the biggest issues already.
    Ever wonder what happens when anvils get bored? Oops! http://gyazo.com/8a0b7655be4e244ce1cfd0b24130a7f1

I wish there was a way to stop huggling.

Change endgame somehow to make it less monotonous. Level 50 maybe?

Make the Natars spawn their WW earlier!

Block Russians!

Graphics pack to make it look like T3 (T4.2 looks like ****)

kkkthx
    *somethingsomethinglegaldisclaimer*
    Modzing!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Evil View Post
    I'm not really a girl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flossie Schmumpus View Post
    No, Flossie was naughty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Evil View Post
    I am feeling naughty
    Quote Originally Posted by Flossie Schmumpus View Post
    Mmmmm, good enough to make me want to stop being a good girl.
    ****It's fortress
    Quote Originally Posted by Woden View Post
    ^ Note the lack of capitalization.

Quote Originally Posted by Fighter1405 View Post
    ...Please comment below with your thoughts and suggestions...
    Thoughts.

1. Get rid of scrolls. Make players earn their experience.
    2. A move building option. I hated conquering a village and then going through, where is the X? Would not care if it costs a gold piece or two. But give the option to swap buildings in places X and Y to make the new conquer village center conform to the layout of the other villages.
    3. I remember the map colors being hard to see when you tag an alliance and player. Make the lines bolder or wider and easier to see.
    4. Victory option B. Capturing 2/3s or X of all the artifacts on the server and your alliance wins. This would be more difficult than the WW option and probably more exciting. Should be easy to program into the game. The arties helped make the Natars as strong as they were. If one alliance can capture X% of them, then they win - so the explanation is logical too.
    5. Victory option C. Natar destruction is victory for the strongest overall alliance (strongest based on a formula of offensive + defensive points + troop counts + population or villages + resource production). All of these are tracked by the game anyway so the math is easy and it doesn't encourage any one stat. Basically, after day X, if the Natar tribe is reduced under Y villages the strongest overall alliance wins. Allow players to reinforce Natars (blindly) as well.
    6. Victory option D. A diplomatic victory. If an alliance has 3 allies and 3 NAPs and that encompasses X% of the overall server strength (strongest based on a formula of offensive + defensive points + troop counts + population or villages + resource production); they have won a dirty tainted victory. But they win it none-the-less.
    7. Keep victory option A, the WW, for the traditionalists.
    8. The Natars are punching bags. Make them support each other with some type of AI. Make them fight back sometimes. This one would likely require a lot of work.

Please note. For the formula above, I mean establish one with a weight assigned to each rating. Just dont do a raw X + Y + Z thing.

That is it for now. My 0.08.
    Last edited by Silence; 08-19-2013 at 09:11 PM. Reason: Clarify. Now back to lurking.
    S4R1: PT0044 (cleared & chiefed Aatira's for her; http://travilog.org.ua/en/1317177/2f...e990a6d438dba0); S4R2: PT0044/Silence WW hit lost (destroyed main, rally and wall for fun); S4R3: Dummyaccount; S4R4: Farmers Market. WW hit http://travian-reports.net/us/report/14594907f26; S4R5: TheRealSilence; S4R6 Silent Ranger and S4R7 Silence.
    Guest appearances made on S2, S3X, S5X and S7 over the years.
    [3:21:31 PM] Mondrian: one thing that is funny
    [3:21:50 PM] Mondrian: you and kage did more damage to us than ALL of GNA
    [12/4/2011 9:36:26 AM] Mondrian: silence was the mastermind there

Fix endgame
    Add a search in the rally point
    Add a search in reports
    Add an "incoming attack" filter in rally point
    Add an "attack took damage" filter to reports
    Give us the option of looking at entire rally point sections on one screen so we can copy/paste that screen to analyze it externally
    Allow trade routes to wonders
    Half wheat for wonders (if you don't want that the whole round, make it only work for wonders level 10 and up, heck I'd even go for every 10 levels of a wonder reduces troop upkeep by 10%)
    Allow wonders to npc (you want me to spend more gold? That would do it)
    The end game is currently difficult because it is tedious, not because it requires skill. And tedious <>fun.
    S6-r1 The_Chuck S8-r1 Lanie (night shift) S5-r3 Tyche (night shift) S7-r3 Chuckles (night shift)
    S2-r6 Tommo and rebuild S1-r7 Country (day shift) S5-r7(AEU) Office Space S19-r2 (SE) The Joker

Quote Originally Posted by Silence View Post
    4. Victory option B. Capturing 2/3s or X of all the artifacts on the server and your alliance wins. This would be more difficult than the WW option and probably more exciting. Should be easy to program into the game. The arties helped make the Natars as strong as they were. If one alliance can capture X% of them, then they win - so the explanation is logical too.
    Would make a "huggle" victory even easier and just as frustrating as it is now.

5. Victory option C. Natar destruction is victory for the strongest overall alliance (strongest based on a formula of offensive + defensive points + troop counts + population or villages + resource production). All of these are tracked by the game anyway so the math is easy and it doesn't encourage any one stat. Basically, after day X, if the Natar tribe is reduced under Y villages the strongest overall alliance wins. Allow players to reinforce Natars (blindly) as well.
    Would make a "huggle" victory even easier and just as frustrating as it is now.

6. Victory option D. A diplomatic victory. If an alliance has 3 allies and 3 NAPs and that encompasses X% of the overall server strength (strongest based on a formula of offensive + defensive points + troop counts + population or villages + resource production); they have won a dirty tainted victory. But they win it none-the-less.
    Would make a "huggle" victory MUCH easier and MORE frustrating than it is now.

7. Keep victory option A, the WW, for the traditionalists.
    Still too easy to beat the best team on a given server, via the "huggle" option.

Quote Originally Posted by Cisalpine View Post
    I wish there was a way to stop huggling.
    Yes, please.

How about no reinforcements to a WW in a different quad than your own? Would force groups to develop their own "talent" and defensive resources, rather than just huggling up together as meat-shields for a win. Not perfect, sure. But a start.
    us1rd4 Gressor2 / Narwhal
    us1rd5 Elmo / RetrofitMID
    us1rd6 JL Picard
    us1rd7 Putin
    us5-AE Happy Gilmore

Quote Originally Posted by bugzy View Post
    It's huggling when they do it, it's strategy when I do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gressor2 View Post
    Would make a "huggle" victory even easier and just as frustrating as it is now... How about no reinforcements to a WW in a different quad than your own? Would force groups to develop their own "talent" and defensive resources, rather than just huggling up together as meat-shields for a win. Not perfect, sure. But a start.
    Capturing X % of the arties meaning one alliance - no wings. This figure could be made sufficiently high to make it difficult.

Natar destruction would be exceptionally time consuming and difficult as it would count for ALL natar villages. When one alliance is known to have the victory sealed through the formula, the others could reinforce natar villages. Alternatively, an abandon village option could be put into play with an x% chance it becomes natars to give the opposing team a chance to get back.

The diplomatic route was just an option. Again, the bar for domination through a formula could be set high. If weighted heavily toward offensive and defensive points, it could be interesting.

I like the no reinforcements except in your own quad idea.
    S4R1: PT0044 (cleared & chiefed Aatira's for her; http://travilog.org.ua/en/1317177/2f...e990a6d438dba0); S4R2: PT0044/Silence WW hit lost (destroyed main, rally and wall for fun); S4R3: Dummyaccount; S4R4: Farmers Market. WW hit http://travian-reports.net/us/report/14594907f26; S4R5: TheRealSilence; S4R6 Silent Ranger and S4R7 Silence.
    Guest appearances made on S2, S3X, S5X and S7 over the years.
    [3:21:31 PM] Mondrian: one thing that is funny
    [3:21:50 PM] Mondrian: you and kage did more damage to us than ALL of GNA
    [12/4/2011 9:36:26 AM] Mondrian: silence was the mastermind there

Fix End Game.
    Allow only 3 alliances - a center, with 2 wings - to be able to send reinforcements to a WW.
    Quote Originally Posted by gebne View Post
    St. Chak, glorious atelier, faithful servant and bearer of thong,
    the stain of the troll has caused you to be forgotten by many,
    but the true forum invokes you universally as the patron of things despised of;
    pray for me, that finally I may receive the alterations and the couture of thongs in all my fripperies, ornamentations, and trimmings,
    particularly those of purple hue, and that I may read Chak with the thong throughout Eternity.

Fewer WW's! That may help.

Fewer WW's! That may help.
    Yes, yes, yes, yes! Then we can just sacrifice 4 accounts and leave the WW's as their caps and game over WW building fools!

Quote Originally Posted by kurtz View Post
    yes, yes, yes, yes! Then we can just sacrifice 4 accounts and leave the ww's as their caps and game over ww building fools!
    lol!

lol!

I will agree that end game is really counter-intuitive to the game. You have the start, which is a build up. You fight one another for placement, work out alliances, recruit and try to force people out of your area. Then mid game hits and you're locking down your quad, going after larger alliances and fighting cross-quad. Major attacks are rolling out, accounts are being severely crippled and this is when the game is at its most fun. Then the game takes a SEVERE nosedive in terms of aggression, everything stops and everyone focuses on simming. Chiefing villages gets replaced with settling in the "pad", Ops are almost non-existant, and anyone without a WW hammer is forced to just ship resources and defensive troops to the WW. The End Game is quite literally for those few who positioned themselves in late-mid game to do something.
    If you're going to keep the WW race in end game, then try to figure out a way to keep it interesting for others unable to really participate, or make it less stressful.
    Also: Please stop with the schizophrenic "We want you to farm players" "Wait, no we don't!" If you're going to make NATAR villages or Oasis viable farms instead of accounts then please stick with it. This on again off-again stuff was really frustrating.
    I will also agree with Mok: Early game I've seen people with large amounts of disposable income getting 4-6 villages with 10-15 levels on their hero when most are just looking at their third and trying to get to level 6.
    If there was a way they could make T5 less resource intensive so we're able to send more than 4 waves of catapults a second, that would be very nice.
    Better Rally point filters is something I've seen brought up and unanimously agreed upon. Having a way to filter in only incoming attacks, reinforcements from outside the village, your own returning troops, and troops attacking would be the greatest thing ever.

4. Victory option B. Capturing 2/3s or X of all the artifacts on the server and your alliance wins. This would be more difficult than the WW option and probably more exciting.
    Not as hard as you'd think. We pretty much did that without going specifically for it on S8. (And we were a solo alliance for most of the server, with a single wing joining us late to combat the huggling) But the general idea has merit.

5. Victory option C. Natar destruction is victory for the strongest overall alliance
    Not all points are equal, making any formula for alliance strength a very odd equation.
    (edit: by this I don't mean weight, but more that attacking Natar is not the same as attacking an active player... and I've seen people attack themselves to get points to boost a rating here or there)

6. Victory option D. A diplomatic victory.
    Too easy to huggle that. Game could be over before the first week with those victory conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Tineren View Post
    Add a search in the rally point
    Add a search in reports
    Add an "incoming attack" filter in rally point
    Add an "attack took damage" filter to reports
    Give us the option of looking at entire rally point sections on one screen so we can copy/paste that screen to analyze it externally
    Allow trade routes to wonders
    Half wheat for wonders (if you don't want that the whole round, make it only work for wonders level 10 and up, heck I'd even go for every 10 levels of a wonder reduces troop upkeep by 10%)
    All of ^these

Allow wonders to npc (you want me to spend more gold? That would do it)
    Perhaps... but I think it would actually save on overall gold use.
    Right now there are usually 4-8 towns which are forced to NPC several times/day to keep the wheat flowing.
    Still... I'd support it as it wouldn't change the game mechanics and would make life a bit easier while tending to the most tedious task in the history of gaming.

The end game is currently difficult because it is tedious, not because it requires skill. And tedious <>fun.
    ^ this. 100 times, this^

How about no reinforcements to a WW in a different quad than your own? Would force groups to develop their own "talent" and defensive resources, rather than just huggling up together as meat-shields for a win.
    I like the direction of this thinking, but not practical to do it. First of all, what if my account has towns in 2 or 3 different quads? Second, what if I'm 5-10 squares into the SE, but have been fighting/playing with a NE based alliance? Third, quad warfare is a silly delimination -- while predominantly used on .us servers for simple convenience, it is pointless. What if instead I drew a N-S line at -50 and +50 and said everything in there is ALLY-CENTER, everything at -50 and W is ALLY-W, etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Chak View Post
    Fix End Game.
    Allow only 3 alliances - a center, with 2 wings - to be able to send reinforcements to a WW.
    I like this version better than Gressor's. Similar thinking, but a lot easier to put in place.
    However, with small server populations, 180 people is all you really need these days.

So in addition to the other changes I've suggested and/or agreed with I'd like to add this:

Reduce the number of worldwide domains.
    Get rid of .us, .au, and .uk and create an ENG.TS1(2,3,4,etc).travian.com and direct all English-speaking folks to one place.
    I believe huggling will be a lot harder to do when the server has 10k+ people on it than when it has 1k+.
    Suddenly you have 750+ people in a META to manage, coddle, protect and direct which is a LOT harder than 200. Now leadership takes real skill.
    Though more likely is that all those groups will fall apart more often than not, and there will be 7-10 different groups fighting over 13 WWs. That'd be an interesting experience.

As a side benefit, finding a dual/sitter from different time-zones will be tons easier and will enable a lot more accounts to have perpetual coverage.
    Last edited by MokMonster; 08-19-2013 at 11:28 PM.
    MokMonster does not support, condone or agree with anything written in this post.

3 wings is a blob with the current server numbers.

Trade routes to the WW and being able to NPC in the WW is just idiotic. You could literally go completely inactive and it would still be feeding your reins. And WW holders balancing what they need in terms of wheat and other resources is a skill in and of itself. Next you'll be wanting to gold WW levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurtz View Post
    Agreed. Which is why I proposed reducing the # of domains.

Trade routes to the WW... is just idiotic. You could literally go completely inactive and it would still be feeding your reins.
    So make the TR stop if the owner doesn't log in for 3 days.

And WW holders balancing what they need in terms of wheat and other resources is a skill in and of itself.
    Not really -- it's really all about how active your players are, and where the active folks are located in relation to the WW.
    You can have all the WW experience and skill in the world, but if no one sends at the right time, then troops will starve.

Trade routes to the WW and being able to NPC in the WW is just idiotic. You could literally go completely inactive and it would still be feeding your reins. And WW holders balancing what they need in terms of wheat and other resources is a skill in and of itself. Next you'll be wanting to gold WW levels.
    Is it a skill? Sure.
    Can I/do I do it? Yes
    Do I see experienced players quit the game out of frustration over it? All the time.

I fully believe that Travian is a resource managing game disguised as a war game. But they drop the disguise during endgame.

If they did allow trade routes to WW villages, I would not expect them to be free. That should cover the long term inactives.
    And while I don't think they would allow instabuild in the wonder, that would certainly speed up the dynamics of endgame.
    S6-r1 The_Chuck S8-r1 Lanie (night shift) S5-r3 Tyche (night shift) S7-r3 Chuckles (night shift)
    S2-r6 Tommo and rebuild S1-r7 Country (day shift) S5-r7(AEU) Office Space S19-r2 (SE) The Joker

Quote Originally Posted by MokMonster View Post
    Agreed. Which is why I proposed reducing the # of domains.
    Which will get even more players to move to .com cause .us servers don't restart when they want them to.

So make the TR stop if the owner doesn't log in for 3 days.
    Meh. Still not a fan. And this coming from someone that has a) sat (never held) more WW's than I want to remember and b) played in almost all the anti-endgame alliances that .us has ever known.

Not really -- it's really all about how active your players are, and where the active folks are located in relation to the WW.
    You can have all the WW experience and skill in the world, but if no one sends at the right time, then troops will starve.
    Now this is where you are wrong. Like really, really wrong. There are some wheat calls that everyone answers. And some wheat calls that no one bothers with.

Case in point, when I was sitting a WW during s7r1, I was on mostly during the US night (being European). We had the WW fed so much better than when the actual owners were on during the day. Yet the Skype chat was much more active during the day (obviously).

It has to do with what you do, how you do it and the methods you use. You need to be able to make people listen to you. And then you have to be able to motivate people after that.

This is the skill. It is quite impressive to watch when you see people who are good at it doing their thing. I don't even pretend that I'm good at it though. I'm not. I was just better at it than the people whose WW I was sitting (not saying much).

Pardon the double post. Feel free to merge Fitard.

Is it a skill? Sure.
    Can I/do I do it? Yes
    Do I see experienced players quit the game out of frustration over it? All the time.
    Travian is a stressful game. The whole round. It takes a hell of a lot of time. OK, maybe not as much as it used to when there were no farm lists, but it is still a hell of a lot of time.

The fact that winning takes even more stress seems fitting.

I fully believe that Travian is a resource managing game disguised as a war game. But they drop the disguise during endgame.
    Was is inherently about managing resources. You need enough steel for tanks, enough oil to power them, food for your troops, etc, etc. Supply lines.

In this manner, if in very few others, Travian is actually somewhat realistic.

If they did allow trade routes to WW villages, I would not expect them to be free. That should cover the long term inactives.
    I hate endgame. With a passion. But allowing that would kill endgame. Not to mention that if they weren't free it would just be whoever had the alliance with the most gold. It is a silly idea. Sorry, but it is. You haven't thought it through. Really. You haven't.

And while I don't think they would allow instabuild in the wonder, that would certainly speed up the dynamics of endgame.
    Wow. Just wow. THAT would be the ultimate in huggle fests.

I have seen a lot of people suggest ways to fix endgame (Wren's idea was always my favourite), but instabuilding would just be idiotic. I know you say you're not advocating it, but in the next breath you're defending it.

Trade routes and NPCing would certainly remove most of the resource management from building a wonder and let us focus on attacking and defending. Honestly if they added both leaving the wonder at full consumption would be fine. Heck, go all out.
    1. Paid trade routes to wonders
    2. NPCing in wonders
    3. Double wheat consumption in wonders
    4. Every 10 levels of wonder reduces consumption by 10%

Trade routes and NPCing would certainly remove most of the resource management from building a wonder and let us focus on attacking and defending. Honestly if they added both leaving the wonder at full consumption would be fine. Heck, go all out.
    1. Paid trade routes to wonders
    2. NPCing in wonders
    3. Double wheat consumption in wonders
    4. Every 10 levels of wonder reduces consumption by 10%
    Half wheat is imperative. It is just silly that they changed that.

Getting rid of half wheat was bizarre, but it's even more bizarre that they haven't yet reversed that change. Are there really people somewhere that like that change?

Honestly they need to throw some ideas on a beta server to try them out, and be willing to drop them entirely if they don't work as planned. Do something like copy a game database from the start of endgame and let testers start on developed accounts to speed up the testing process.
    Last edited by Tineren; 08-20-2013 at 01:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Chak View Post
    Fix End Game.
    Easy Huggle fix: Put all anvils in the "allowed" wings. Hammers go into another wing. Still 180 of a group's best anvils pouring reins in....

I can definitely see where you're going here. Would just have to be smaller.

Capturing X % of the arties meaning one alliance - no wings. This figure could be made sufficiently high to make it difficult.
    Ah, I misunderstood.
    Still, though.... same result. You merely have a much larger group going after said artifacts. Those that are successful, then join the "artifact wing".

If you wanted to go this route, just steal the plans.
    Last edited by Gressor2; 08-20-2013 at 01:09 AM.
    us1rd4 Gressor2 / Narwhal
    us1rd5 Elmo / RetrofitMID
    us1rd6 JL Picard
    us1rd7 Putin
    us5-AE Happy Gilmore

Quote Originally Posted by bugzy View Post
    It's huggling when they do it, it's strategy when I do it.

Easy Huggle fix: Put all anvils in the "allowed" wings. Hammers go into another wing. Still 180 of a group's best anvils pouring reins in....

I can definitely see where you're going here. Would just have to be smaller.
    No no no no no no no! And more no.

And you know why. When was the last time you were a hamvil?

I've been on accounts with a WW hammer and as much D. Just had to raid tonnes.

Getting rid of half wheat was bizarre, but it's even more bizarre that they haven't yet reversed that change. Are there really people somewhere that like that change?

Honestly they need to throw some ideas on a beta server to try them out, and be willing to drop them entirely if they don't work as planned. Do something like copy a game database from the start of endgame and let testers start on developed accounts to speed up the testing process.
    I think it's all a stress test to see how much it takes to break a WW holder.

And the idea of a Beta server is freaking awesome. I want in.
    Quote Originally Posted by gebne View Post
    St. Chak, glorious atelier, faithful servant and bearer of thong,
    the stain of the troll has caused you to be forgotten by many,
    but the true forum invokes you universally as the patron of things despised of;
    pray for me, that finally I may receive the alterations and the couture of thongs in all my fripperies, ornamentations, and trimmings,
    particularly those of purple hue, and that I may read Chak with the thong throughout Eternity.

Farmhand

Fix the game on mobile phones. Trying to delete a farm drives you nuts, the dang "ok" button moves as you try to get it.
    Fix the game on mobile platforms (why can't we npc when there's over a million reses to redistribute??)
    Fix the game on mobile platforms (ever tried to use that map?)
    Fix the game on mobile platforms (right now the only way to know what's what in a hero's inventory is to try to sell it)
    PLEASE stop the stupid game from sending merchants where you don't want them to go (never mind changing the villa's names, the sucker remembers coords)
    Can't we at least cancel 3x merchant trips after the first round?
    Can we have separate RP lists for incoming REINS and ATTACKS?
    us2 _ Scipio
    us1 _ Robin your hood

Quote Originally Posted by treadhead View Post
    Fix the game on mobile platforms (why can't we npc when there's over a million reses to redistribute??)
    That's a bug in Safari, not Travian. Change browsers and the issue will go away.
    PLEASE stop the stupid game from sending merchants where you don't want them to go (never mind changing the villa's names, the sucker remembers coords)
    That means you are using a market url with the destination parameter already included (&z=xxxxxx). I actually like that it remembers coordinates now this way, but I do agree you should be able to override it.

1. I hate the current rally point and how it is grouped in pages of 10 waves.
    Canceling screwed up cat waves is pretty much impossible if you have +8 pages of outgoing/incoming troops.
    And most definitely make filtering available.

2. It sucks that being the best at the "most boring travian activities" is what wins you the server. Building a lvl 100 WW is getting old.
    I'd like to see an end game that puts more emphasis on rewarding player vs. player hostilities. Make the top alliances fight each other for prices/ww lvls as opposed to fighting the NATARS.

Unlike the current "artifact system" you could make the rewards "collective" as opposed to "individual". I don't know... I guess I'm kinda hoping that you can find a way where also 'newbies' are able to enjoy the game the same way veteran players do.

3. National servers are becoming less and less appealing. By mid-game half the active accounts are normally gone.
    I think I said it once in some other forum. Here in the U.S. servers is like if we are a bunch of hillbillies fooling around with their cousins.
    Maybe, start consolidating same language countries could help out in regards to improving the overall gaming experience.
    Maybe you don't need to go that far. Maybe you should need to slow down on the number of servers you keep re-starting.

4. Travian at its core is still a game of strategy and skill. But money is right up there with both of those two.
    I know you have a business to run. But I'd like to see a decrease on the amount of advantages money can buy.
    Last edited by Outsidergua; 08-20-2013 at 03:04 AM.
    Из России с любовью
    s1r7 Hammer 1
    s1r7 Hammer 2
    S2r6 Mr. Noodle/ FEAR 2WW hits not saved
    s5r5 Hammer 1 Won
    s5r5 Hammer 2 Won
    s8r1 Cap Hammers are back Won
    S2R2 Outsidergua Lost
    Guide to Cap Hammers

This is the skill. It is quite impressive to watch when you see people who are good at it doing their thing. I don't even pretend that I'm good at it though. I'm not. I was just better at it than the people whose WW I was sitting (not saying much).
    This is why you always have KTB and Slippery on your skype contact list. Even though I keep playing the losing [fun] side, they make the WW look easy.
    S3R2- Einar
    S2R3- WrlckThWckd
    S2R4- Wadsworth
    S5R4- Einar
    S5R5- Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Outsidergua View Post
    Unlike the current "artifact system" you could make the rewards "collective" as opposed to "individual". I don't know... I guess I'm kinda hoping that you can find a way where also 'newbies' are able to enjoy the game the same way veteran players do.
    I think it might be interesting if WW's gave alliance-wide bonus effects. Possibly random like the Forbidden Manuscript (so only good). Make them powerful based on the level of wonder.
    I think one of the problems with endgame is there isn't much incentive to hit a wonder early. We all wait 3 weeks for the wonders to hit 90 then zero them. You can generally zero a level 90 wonder these days with two to three 12 week hammers. Which means 12 hammer players working in a cycle can knock down a single wonder over and over. But if a level 90 wonder meant the troops were eating 10% wheat, and the whole alliance had a 50% travel speed effect (or any other large arty effect) you'd have a strong incentive to attack regularly to try to keep it low level rather than the current "sim a month, hit, sim a month, hit, repeat".
    And yes, that idea is completely not thought out or tested, but I'm not sure things can get much worse than they are now.

Was is inherently about managing resources. You need enough steel for tanks, enough oil to power them, food for your troops, etc, etc. Supply lines.

In this manner, if in very few others, Travian is actually somewhat realistic.
    There's a great quote about war: Amateurs think about tactics; professionals think about strategy; experts think about logistics...

And one of the problems that travian has is that what people do in travian to Have Fun involves fighting a lot, and what people do in travian to Win involves shipping a lot of wheat to the WW and simming up a massive hammer that you can't use for three months before it dies in one giant battle. A few of us find the expert-logistics thing fun; more of us find getting our name painted on the winner-screen fun; but lots and lots of people would find endgame more fun if it were restructured to involve constant small-to-medium sized battles instead of the Massive Set Piece of defending the WW.

Artifacts, I think, were intended to rectify some of that -- they give big alliances something to fight over in mid to late game, something worth risking a big hammer or two on. They unfortunately come with some serious downsides too (they tend to cut out second-rate alliances; by making the strongest alliance in any region stronger, a player either joins the big team or falls further behind by not having access to GGs/GWs/troop-build artis/etc, which encourages people to glom onto ever-more-massive teams, and makes life ever more miserable for people not on the winning teams in their area).

But at some point, the lure of artifacts fades, and you say "ok, guys, anyone with a hammer over size X, quit risking it now, we need you for WW hits!". And that kind of sucks for the type of player for whom the attraction of this game involves Action.

So... I'd suggest that you go for some form of "distributed endgame", where instead of one massive target that can only be taken out with a mega-barrage, you have tiers of targets that in some fashion contribute to the win... so that there can be a useful place for a team's smaller hammers, and useful ongoing fights over smaller targets. Example: spawn 50 "natar construction camp cities" around the map. For each one your WW holder owns, they get a 0.5% speed boost in constructing WW levels (so if they control 10 of them, they are building the WW 5% faster). That's enough of them that your quad sized alliance probably controls a dozen of them... which is suddenly a lot of targets to cover with your anvils! Now you've got so many things to cover, each of which is individually a small bonus, that you can work on tactics of conquering them rather than just bashing down the WW itself to give your WW a speed-boost to catch up with the enemy wonder, and small hammers can contribute by taking them... (note: this is 5 minutes of thinking about it, so it's a somewhat half-baked idea... but the principle is that you want to give small hammers Something To Do by giving them more targets that are relevant enough that you want to send on them in a useful way... and distributed enough unlike the WW buildplans that they don't just vanish out into the boonies where they are easily defended or dodged around or whatever).

You can generally zero a level 90 wonder these days with two to three 12 week hammers. Which means 12 hammer players working in a cycle can knock down a single wonder over and over.
    I've been running this math on us2, and coming to some pretty depressing conclusions about how long the round will last. The conclusion is pretty much "until too many people on one side get bored and quit"

That's a bug in Safari, not Travian. Change browsers and the issue will go away.
    This is true, but oh my god would the game be better on an iPad or an iPhone if someone took the time to do a proper app rather than making us go through the browser at all.

There is enough screen real estate on my iPad to fit all the information on a travian screen. But because travian insists on formatting it for a web page and including all the graphics, text is scaled down to unreadable size, buttons are too small to press, etc. It's nearly unplayable. (Ok, I do send raids occasionally, and use it to check in while travelling, but it sucks!)

So, please consider hiring an iOS dev to make an iPad app for the game! It shouldn't be too hard, it's basically slapping custom UI on the same requests the web browser would send are get back, just formatting everything for the screen and dropping some of the excess graphics to make things fit better
    Last edited by tiamat; 08-20-2013 at 03:53 AM.

Just go back to t3.6 forget t4 and higher,Or give us back our cp for partys,get rid of grey zone, randomly spawn the WW like before and have a few less of them same as plans,Use server pop to decide how many WW drop

I'd still like to see the hero take less of a role early game. Ideally, the hero should be made the same as in T3
    Retired as of 10/13/14 after 7 and a half years of playing. Good luck to those who continue to play.
    us2; Round 6 - Adjudicator (Getter) (BACON) (Lost)
    us3; Round 2 - stevo (Getter) (QoD) (Lost)
    us3; Round 3 - stemem (Getter) (SI) (Won)
    us3; Round 4 - BliZZarD (Getter) (Delicious) (lost)
    us3; Round 5 - Ice Lillies (Getter) (DoS) (Semper DoS)
    us3; Round 7 - Revolt (Getter) (SI) (Won)
    us8; Round 1 - Heavenly Wrath (Getter) (TNT) (won)
    com3; Round ? - General Mills (Getter) (ReD DoS/TWD) (Lost)

Quote Originally Posted by tiamat View Post
    I've been running this math on us2, and coming to some pretty depressing conclusions about how long the round will last. The conclusion is pretty much "until too many people on one side get bored and quit"
    And as it drags on we both keep recruiting new players to it, stretching it out even more. By the end of the server a huge number of accounts have transferred to new owners as people drop out. It's really mostly the same players playing on all the servers.

Quote Originally Posted by ???? View Post
    I'd still like to see the hero take less of a role early game. Ideally, the hero should be made the same as in T3
    They made it the way it is in hopes to give new players a better survival early game.