Thread: Travian super outage v2.0

Consul

Default Travian super outage v2.0

No quite as long as the one we experienced something like 3 or 4 years ago, but sheesh!

Oh! Discuss.

Luckily I had the NY State fair to distract me. Otherwise the shakes were manageable.
    Wonder if the mods noticed it was down for maintenance?
    Quote Originally Posted by gebne View Post
    St. Chak, glorious atelier, faithful servant and bearer of thong,
    the stain of the troll has caused you to be forgotten by many,
    but the true forum invokes you universally as the patron of things despised of;
    pray for me, that finally I may receive the alterations and the couture of thongs in all my fripperies, ornamentations, and trimmings,
    particularly those of purple hue, and that I may read Chak with the thong throughout Eternity.

There are a lot of posts missing from when I was here a few days ago. Did they get lost or did they get deleted?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Eb0l is the alpha and the omega
    The eternal pumpkin queen, and mother of gerbils
    So it was written and so it must forever be

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Chak View Post
    Luckily I had the NY State fair to distract me. Otherwise the shakes were manageable.
    Wonder if the mods noticed it was down for maintenance?
    I actually didn't, but I was away from the internet for different reasons. Found out when I got back online to apologize.

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Evil View Post
    There are a lot of posts missing from when I was here a few days ago. Did they get lost or did they get deleted?
    It looks like a forum wide roll back to an earlier state.

Not as bad as the one that went on for like 2 or 3 weeks. I'm surprised I came back after that one. This one was nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshyyy View Post
    There is some serious misquoting potential above.
    The rep system should be abolished.

Probably had to restore an old backup, tons of posts are missing and I had an old PM showing as unread in my inbox...

*nod* The forums were restored to the last full backup Travian had for each domain's forum.
    - Carrie, retired HMH -

Quote Originally Posted by dmswartz View Post
    *nod* The forums were restored to the last full backup Travian had for each domain's forum.
    Why?
    "Semper necessitas probandi incumbit ei qui agit."

Consul

It does not question. It just puts the lotion in the bucket.

I'll wait for the hose.
    Quote Originally Posted by gebne View Post
    St. Chak, glorious atelier, faithful servant and bearer of thong,
    the stain of the troll has caused you to be forgotten by many,
    but the true forum invokes you universally as the patron of things despised of;
    pray for me, that finally I may receive the alterations and the couture of thongs in all my fripperies, ornamentations, and trimmings,
    particularly those of purple hue, and that I may read Chak with the thong throughout Eternity.

Quote Originally Posted by Luisss View Post
    Why?
    Probably something happened to the server that caused corruption or data loss. Power outage, maybe? Or hardware failure?

Okay, I will buy the they were restored to the last full back up, but things were also edited and or removed. I know I had some posts disappear where I said I was skeptical that TG would actually listen to our suggestions, but then went on to make suggestions, while posts that were to the best of my recollection posted after my posts are still there, this happened both here and on .com. This really only brings one question to mind, why can't TG accept any critism? Don't they realize that people who take the time to complain actually want things to get better?

Okay TG, I give up, I will not try to improve things anymore, I will play as long as I can stand it and then just leave. It is clear you do not care for my custom.

Fighter, Bella; don't tell me to write directly to TG, they do not reply, they do not care. I have tried writing to them directly in the past for other things, for clarification...at best they have pooh poohed my concerns, but then at least they replied, at worst they have simply disregarded my inquiry, not even a note that the email had been received.

Another odd thing in the roll back.....my rep was edited...weird.

But meh....it all doesn't matter.
    Note:Any posts made by this poster should always be construed in the most innocent angelic way possible. The poster is not responsible for where your depraved minds go, if you have a depraved mind.

Our Lady of Croppers ~Semper DOS~ ~Viva Toons~ || This area intentionally left blank. || The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity ~ Harlan Ellison

I smell a false flag operation.
    Excuse me for disagreeing that your degeneracy is sacred.

Huh. I was just on my Settings page, and noticed that it no longer lists the ban I got a few years ago. Do those notices disappear eventually, or was that lost in the outage?

Consul

Woden, you got banned???

Quote Originally Posted by Flossie Schmumpus View Post
    Okay, I will buy the they were restored to the last full back up, but things were also edited and or removed. I know I had some posts disappear where I said I was skeptical that TG would actually listen to our suggestions, but then went on to make suggestions, while posts that were to the best of my recollection posted after my posts are still there, this happened both here and on .com. This really only brings one question to mind, why can't TG accept any critism? Don't they realize that people who take the time to complain actually want things to get better?

Okay TG, I give up, I will not try to improve things anymore, I will play as long as I can stand it and then just leave. It is clear you do not care for my custom.

Fighter, Bella; don't tell me to write directly to TG, they do not reply, they do not care. I have tried writing to them directly in the past for other things, for clarification...at best they have pooh poohed my concerns, but then at least they replied, at worst they have simply disregarded my inquiry, not even a note that the email had been received.

Shut up Anne frank lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron D'Holbach View Post
    You should quote yourself. It's like liking your Facebook status or high-fiving yourself in the mirror.

It's what I would do if I didn't have to keep mine exactly how it is for madsquirrels and erazer.

Quote Originally Posted by Flossie Schmumpus View Post

Simply not true. Backups had to be used because there were concerns about the integrity of the latest DB version, so some posts/threads/PMs were lost as a part of that. Other than that, the stock backup was used - nobody went through however many million posts all of the forums combined represents when they were reloading them.

|Travian Manual|Forum Rules|Server Rules|
    "Veni, Vidi, Victus sum"

Quote Originally Posted by Fighter1405 View Post
    Simply not true. Backups had to be used because there were concerns about the integrity of the latest DB version, so some posts/threads/PMs were lost as a part of that. Other than that, the stock backup was used - nobody went through however many million posts all of the forums combined represents when they were reloading them.
    I question the integrity of TG, also, how dare you finally show up to argue with Flossie when you spend most of your time ghosting! You sir, are a scoundrel and the Germans are preheating an oven.
    Last edited by Slippery; 09-01-2013 at 07:02 PM. Reason: Unnecessary **** reference
    You should quote yourself. It's like liking your Facebook status or high-fiving yourself in the mirror.

It's what I would do if I didn't have to keep mine exactly how it is for madsquirrels and erazer.

Quote Originally Posted by jdurand View Post
    Woden, you got banned???
    Yeah, a one-day ban like two years ago. Inappropriate picture, not surprisingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Fighter1405 View Post
    nobody went through however many million posts all of the forums combined represents when they were reloading them.
    You are right: there would be no need to "go through" every post on record when you're looking to disappear only recent posts.
    Excuse me for disagreeing that your degeneracy is sacred.

Quote Originally Posted by Erbal View Post
    You are right: there would be no need to "go through" every post on record when you're looking to disappear only recent posts.
    Or simply trace specific individuals... it's easy to find specific posts if you know who wrote them.
    TCG says... sign your -Rep, cowards. I don't -Rep people just because they -Rep me.
    The Dinosaur says: (img)Image removed (/img) http://i749.photobucket.com/albums/x...eSignature.png

Philosopher Principal Brian Lewis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Woden View Post
    Huh. I was just on my Settings page, and noticed that it no longer lists the ban I got a few years ago. Do those notices disappear eventually, or was that lost in the outage?
    Your settings page only shows 5 infractions, if you've gotten warnings or bans since then it probably got pushed off. Check the infractions tab on your profile.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotmilk View Post
    Your settings page only shows 5 infractions, if you've gotten warnings or bans since then it probably got pushed off. Check the infractions tab on your profile.
    Huh. I could have sworn that it was still listed below the warnings prior to the rollback, but maybe I'm mistaken.

-32 degrees latitude, free, safe and warm

Quote Originally Posted by The Cat Goddess View Post
    Or simply trace specific individuals... it's easy to find specific posts if you know who wrote them.
    Me feels a tin foil hat supply business might go well now...
    I'm glad I'm not judgemental like all you smug, superficial idiots

My stuff looks the same. I'm not considered an "Enemy of the State" like the rest of you degenerates.
    "And how can this be?!" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XBHL...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    Either that, or he needs to beat your other wings' recruiters and diplomats over the head with a burlap sack full of dead babies. Frozen dead babies, so it hurts more.
    George Carlin on Global Warming:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjmtSkl53h4

.US4 - Subject to Change
    .US9 - Sorcey's Forcey

Quote Originally Posted by cooper316 View Post
    My stuff looks the same. I'm not considered an "Enemy of the State" like the rest of you degenerates.
    Not yet, but I have faith in you.