Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dear s2

Default Dear s2

It is with great regret that we would like to inform you that FEAR will no longer be able to bring you WW battle reports unless they get edited out and made anonymous.

One of BACON's WW holders is forbidding us from using their name on any battle reports posted on the WW BR section of these forums.

As you all might remember, we went through a great deal of trouble to try and gain all necessary permissions from all parties involved in order to continue bringing you the most up to date information with real names and real numbers on it.

On behalf of FEAR I'd like to make sure that. All rival/enemy and/or friendly alliances know that they are still welcomed to continue using the names of our players on any WW battle reports as long as they adhere to forum rules. Said permission has been previously obtained from our membership by our council group.

I hope you all continue to enjoy of the ongoing action as we near the end of the server.
    Из России с любовью
    s1r7 Hammer 1
    s1r7 Hammer 2
    S2r6 Mr. Noodle/ FEAR 2WW hits not saved
    s5r5 Hammer 1 Won
    s5r5 Hammer 2 Won
    s8r1 Cap Hammers are back Won
    S2R2 Outsidergua Lost
    Guide to Cap Hammers

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bane View Post
    Salem?
    Not sure I'm allowed to name names. But I would name names if I am allowed.
    Из России с любовью
    s1r7 Hammer 1
    s1r7 Hammer 2
    s5r5 Hammer 1 Won
    s5r5 Hammer 2 Won
    S2R2 Outsidergua Lost
    Guide to Cap Hammers

Salem?
    Yes, Salem
    Painted Kitty - S1

Quote Originally Posted by coppley View Post
    Yes, Salem
    Kind of sad when you really think about it. I mean, people from all alliances. Bacon, Fear, Roa, etc.
    Everybody wanted the same thing and we all worked towards achieving a common goal.
    Из России с любовью
    s1r7 Hammer 1
    s1r7 Hammer 2
    s5r5 Hammer 1 Won
    s5r5 Hammer 2 Won
    S2R2 Outsidergua Lost
    Guide to Cap Hammers

Yes, Salem
    BOOOOO!!!!!
    S1R2: Ishnu
    S2R5: danger
    S2R6: BringinSexyBack
    S5R6: Scum Bag

Maybe they think if we don't post their BR's people will forget about them.
    S2R3 Gloryhogg - WVF (First Hammer, Teut)
    S2R4 Hej Hogg - WVF Won! (First Gaul Hammer)
    S2R5 Shakespeare - WVF
    S2R6 Snuffleupagus - FEAR Won! (Experiment Hammer, 48 hrs of troop build artie total)
    S5R? Gloryhogg - US Won! - "Gloryhogg" was ruler over the largest personal empire." (Solo WW Kill Hammer)
    S4R4 Iron Pig - TDS Won! (First Roman Hammer)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hektur View Post
    WVF won with Hogg at the helm, you kiss his feet, recognize him as one of the greatest leaders you've seen, praise him.
    Record 4 wins 2 losses - 6 WW hammers

Quote Originally Posted by Gloryhogg View Post
    Maybe they think if we don't post their BR's people will forget about them.
    I have to agree, this reeks of chapped ***.
    Last edited by Slippery; 09-06-2013 at 07:52 PM. Reason: I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt here because I know you know better...
    US1R1 - BillW
    US3R1 - BillW (AeM)
    US2R5 - BillW (RoA)
    US2R6 - BringinSexyBack (PANDA)
    US2R7 - Dr. Bob (STD)
    US5R7 - Thanatos

Sign your derps. Cackling hens, the lot of you.

Quote Originally Posted by lethaljimmy View Post
    I am paid to rate people on their level of perfesionalism

Not a BACON issue, its a salem issue. Shes not having fun unless shes ruining every one elses.

I wonder if they've read the rules.

I'm confused. You don't need to obtain permission for a WW BR. The rule is as follows:

2.4: Battle Reports

Battle reports may be posted on the forums, however they must not contain the in-game names of affected players or their villages. Posts in connection with the battle reports must not contain even a hint of who the affected player(s) are; battle reports must be completely anonymous. Acceptable methods of making battle reports anonymous include replacing the In Game Name and village name with either letters (ex. "xxx," "yyy"), an extremely vague description ("Silly Village," "Silly Account,") or alliance names. Information must not be posted in such a manner that makes the identity of the affected player(s) apparent.

Please note that we are lifting this restriction for World Wonder holders. Battle reports on World Wonders may be posted but the defense must be omitted from the report. You may post what was sent at it, the resulting damage, and the name of the World Wonder only.

Therefore, unless you're trying to post defense numbers, you don't need any permission. So says the rules. If you are not posting them to be nice then kudos to you!

Quote Originally Posted by Slippery View Post
    I'm confused. You don't need to obtain permission for a WW BR. The rule is as follows:

Battle reports may be posted on the forums, however they must not contain the in-game names of affected players or their villages. Posts in connection with the battle reports must not contain even a hint of who the affected player(s) are; battle reports must be completely anonymous. Acceptable methods of making battle reports anonymous include replacing the In Game Name and village name with either letters (ex. "xxx," "yyy"), an extremely vague description ("Silly Village," "Silly Account,") or alliance names. Information must not be posted in such a manner that makes the identity of the affected player(s) apparent.

Please note that we are lifting this restriction for World Wonder holders. Battle reports on World Wonders may be posted but the defense must be omitted from the report. You may post what was sent at it, the resulting damage, and the name of the World Wonder only.

Therefore, unless you're trying to post defense numbers, you don't need any permission. So says the rules. If you are not posting them to be nice then kudos to you!
    Conundrum removed his post in the WW thread. Which is sad because they're some of the best posts on the us2 forum.
    I've probably played 30 servers at this point

US1 Honeybadger - http://travian-reports.net/us/report/46781746d83
    http://travian-reports.net/us/report/49535643339

I blame blazin1 for any actions that may occur during the course of any server

I'm even more confused than you slip. All WW Battle reports were removed from the post
    I reached out to Salem Witches to try and get their permission but they rejected my request. So unless I get Salem to change his/her mind or someone in Bacon leadership that can speak for the rest of their members and allow us to post the other BRs. Then we'll have the same problem over and over.

Check this out:

Edited by Conundrum
    Quote Originally Posted by Outsidergua View Post
    You need to make the attackers information anonymous unless you have permission from the attacker (you don't for at least one of the attackers). Feel free to edit and report the BRs once they are anonymous.

WW lvl from 95 --> lvl 92
    Wall from lvl 20--> lvl 18

Build time lost ~48 hours.
    Last edited by Outsidergua; 09-06-2013 at 06:05 PM.
    Из России с любовью
    s1r7 Hammer 1
    s1r7 Hammer 2
    s5r5 Hammer 1 Won
    s5r5 Hammer 2 Won
    S2R2 Outsidergua Lost
    Guide to Cap Hammers

Quote Originally Posted by Teutons View Post
    Conundrum removed his post in the WW thread. Which is sad because they're some of the best posts on the us2 forum.
    I removed the BRs, I didn't delete the posts.

I'm even more confused than you slip. All WW Battle reports were removed from the post
    I reached out to Salem Witches to try and get their permission but they rejected my request. So unless I get Salem to change his/her mind or someone in Bacon leadership that can speak for the rest of their members and allow us to post the other BRs. Then we'll have the same problem over and over.

Check this out:

Edited by Conundrum
    Remember how I told you that you could put the BRs back in as long as you didn't put the one in you didn't have permission for? You can put the other ones back in since you have permission to post them. I told you this.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    I removed the BRs, I didn't delete the posts.

Remember how I told you that you could put the BRs back in as long as you didn't put the one in you didn't have permission for? You can put the other ones back in since you have permission to post them. I told you this.
    I know... is just frustrating to have to deal with this again if someone else in bacon changes their mind and decides that they want to contact you and say. "hey I don't want my name on the WW BRs"
    Hence my post here. If there really is a consensus, then I'll re-enter the rest of the BRs and will continue to update the forums with fresh WW battle reports as they come out of the oven.
    Из России с любовью
    s1r7 Hammer 1
    s1r7 Hammer 2
    s5r5 Hammer 1 Won
    s5r5 Hammer 2 Won
    S2R2 Outsidergua Lost
    Guide to Cap Hammers

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    If they truly were WW BR's then the whiner can go jump.

I know... is just frustrating to have to deal with this again if someone else in bacon changes their mind and decides that they want to contact you and say. "hey I don't want my name on the WW BRs"
    Hence my post here. If there really is a consensus, then I'll re-enter the rest of the BRs and will continue to update the forums with fresh WW battle reports as they come out of the oven.
    Well you could just make all the attackers anonymous if you're that worried about it. Or you could just repost the other BRs. I don't think any one else is really going to have a problem with their WW attack BRs being posted.

I know in the past I've said how much better the forums were back when it was more of a "Wild West" atmosphere (2008-2009), but the amount of butthurt in this thread is wildly entertaining.

So...the rules are made to be broken? Being selective in what's allowed/not allowed again?

LOL Most players have worked all server to use their hammers....and most want to show them off. But I can understand if there are issues with performance...

hammer.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Cisalpine View Post
    But I can understand if there are issues with performance...
    Bacon do seem to have issues with that....

Quote Originally Posted by Cisalpine View Post
    So...the rules are made to be broken? Being selective in what's allowed/not allowed again?

LOL Most players have worked all server to use their hammers....and most want to show them off. But I can understand if there are issues with performance...

hammer.jpg
    Let me clarify a bit further. If you are the attacker, you can post your hit on the WW and not have to worry about editing anything out. If you are the WW holder, however, you would need permission to post where the hammer came from. If you take the last line of the rule as literally as possible, you'll understand.

Let me clarify a bit further. If you are the attacker, you can post your hit on the WW and not have to worry about editing anything out. If you are the WW holder, however, you would need permission to post where the hammer came from. If you take the last line of the rule as literally as possible, you'll understand.
    The BR's are broadcasted throughout the entire enemy alliance. Yet you don't want it posted in the forum so your own team can see them? This sounds like someone isn't a team player....

Quote Originally Posted by ISHNU View Post
    The BR's are broadcasted throughout the entire enemy alliance. Yet you don't want it posted in the forum so your own team can see them? This sounds like someone isn't a team player....
    Ummmm, here's some more clarification.... I don't play us2, so I hope this isn't you thinking I want to hide my hammer. If I worked all year long on something I'd probably make a youtube video (kidding)

Ummmm, here's some more clarification.... I don't play us2, so I hope this isn't you thinking I want to hide my hammer. If I worked all year long on something I'd probably make a youtube video (kidding)
    Actually Slip, he will make a youtube video.
    US1R1 - BillW
    US3R1 - BillW (AeM)
    US2R5 - BillW (RoA)
    US2R6 - BringinSexyBack (PANDA)
    US2R7 - Dr. Bob (STD)
    US5R7 - Thanatos

Sign your derps. Cackling hens, the lot of you.

Quote Originally Posted by lethaljimmy View Post
    I am paid to rate people on their level of perfesionalism

No Slip! It wasn't directed toward you.

Mods I posted a BR of my WW attack today morning. Guess what it said 'post has to be approved by the moderator before it can be posted, why hasn't my BR been posted yet?

PS: It was very much within the rules!

I want to post a BR I have from S5 but forgot to get permission from myself before the server ended since the account Gloryhogg no longer exists how can I get permission, if I go back in time and get a signed note from past Gloryhogg can I please post it now in the present?
    S2R3 Gloryhogg - WVF (First Hammer, Teut)
    S2R4 Hej Hogg - WVF Won! (First Gaul Hammer)
    S2R5 Shakespeare - WVF
    S2R6 Snuffleupagus - FEAR Won! (Experiment Hammer, 48 hrs of troop build artie total)
    S5R? Gloryhogg - US Won! - "Gloryhogg" was ruler over the largest personal empire." (Solo WW Kill Hammer)
    S4R4 Iron Pig - TDS Won! (First Roman Hammer)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hektur View Post
    WVF won with Hogg at the helm, you kiss his feet, recognize him as one of the greatest leaders you've seen, praise him.
    Record 4 wins 2 losses - 6 WW hammers

Quote Originally Posted by anurag249 View Post
    Mods I posted a BR of my WW attack today morning. Guess what it said 'post has to be approved by the moderator before it can be posted, why hasn't my BR been posted yet?

PS: It was very much within the rules!
    Your post needed to be approved because you don't have very many posts and you made a post with a link. In this type of instance the system thinks you are potentially spam and your posts will need approved. Once you've posted a bit more this won't happen to you. I just checked and your post should be there now, please don't post it more than once, if it's been more than 24 hrs and your post hasn't appeared please contact the mod of the section instead of just trying again. Trust me, the system won't put the next one there either.

Quote Originally Posted by ISHNU View Post

This is a good point, really everyone on the server has already seen the BR , this is just a common place to discuss it. This rule should be looked at by the powers that be and not just for WW hits but all hits. Really as soon as you hit someone your Br goes around the server faster than a pic of Nimmo in a leather jump suit.
    Painted Kitty - S1

Wait. This isnt about permission to post hits on salems WW but rather that salem didnt want credit for her hammer hitting the FEAR WW. Is that it?

Wait. This isnt about permission to post hits on salems WW but rather that salem didnt want credit for her hammer hitting the FEAR WW. Is that it?
    Would you with that pathetic amount of damage?

This is a good point, really everyone on the server has already seen the BR , this is just a common place to discuss it. This rule should be looked at by the powers that be and not just for WW hits but all hits. Really as soon as you hit someone your Br goes around the server faster than a pic of Nimmo in a leather jump suit.
    As one that often plays lone wolf for the early part of servers, I don't care for this idea.
    ~I'm all about the Sim~

Really as soon as you hit someone your Br goes around the server faster than a pic of Nimmo in a leather jump suit.
    Completely untrue. I've yet to post the last series of those pics that he sent me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yo_Vanilla_Ice View Post
    Hereon every time I use the word "I" in reference to last server it really means Lanie plus tons of others of which I was fortunate to be added in ... in very small, very fine, print on a back page.

I suck.
    US3 R4 woad (GOB) - won
    US3 R5 Illuminati (DOS) - lost
    USX R12 Trace Element (NWO) - lost
    US6 R5 Tippy (THC)
    US2 R6 Marmalade (Fear) - won

I'm so confused. Is it just me of is what Conundrum and Slips are saying completely at odds with one another?
    Quote Originally Posted by gebne View Post
    St. Chak, glorious atelier, faithful servant and bearer of thong,
    the stain of the troll has caused you to be forgotten by many,
    but the true forum invokes you universally as the patron of things despised of;
    pray for me, that finally I may receive the alterations and the couture of thongs in all my fripperies, ornamentations, and trimmings,
    particularly those of purple hue, and that I may read Chak with the thong throughout Eternity.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Chak View Post
    I'm so confused. Is it just me of is what Conundrum and Slips are saying completely at odds with one another?
    That is what i'm seeing. To me, this entire thing is bull****...The rule doesn't make sense...at all. I get it for non-WW reports, but for WW reports, as long as defense isn't posted, names should be fine? It just isn't making sense to me....at all
    Retired as of 10/13/14 after 7 and a half years of playing. Good luck to those who continue to play.
    us2; Round 6 - Adjudicator (Getter) (BACON) (Lost)
    us3; Round 2 - stevo (Getter) (QoD) (Lost)
    us3; Round 3 - stemem (Getter) (SI) (Won)
    us3; Round 4 - BliZZarD (Getter) (Delicious) (lost)
    us3; Round 5 - Ice Lillies (Getter) (DoS) (Semper DoS)
    us3; Round 7 - Revolt (Getter) (SI) (Won)
    us8; Round 1 - Heavenly Wrath (Getter) (TNT) (won)
    com3; Round ? - General Mills (Getter) (ReD DoS/TWD) (Lost)

Well as a 3rd party poster you would need permission from both the WW holder and the hammer regardless. And I know a bunch of you went to great lengths to get 3rd party permissions. And the rule does not specifically mention WW holders being able to name the hammer without permission which I hadn't realized until now. (Sorry guys) And you are right it does't seem fair that hammers can name the WW holder when the WW holder needs permission from the hammer to post their name; but with the ability for hammers to rebuild during endgames now it does make a bit of sense that the hammer might not want to be named.

Thanks to all you 3rd party posters for getting the permissions.
    or
    It's the luck of the draw.

Is bloody obvious from the top 10 anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurtz View Post
    ^this. If there's elephant poop in the middle of the living room, the zebra cannot take credit.
    Quote Originally Posted by gebne View Post
    St. Chak, glorious atelier, faithful servant and bearer of thong,
    the stain of the troll has caused you to be forgotten by many,
    but the true forum invokes you universally as the patron of things despised of;
    pray for me, that finally I may receive the alterations and the couture of thongs in all my fripperies, ornamentations, and trimmings,
    particularly those of purple hue, and that I may read Chak with the thong throughout Eternity.

Quote Originally Posted by Probability Indigo View Post
    Well as a 3rd party poster you would need permission from both the WW holder and the hammer regardless. And I know a bunch of you went to great lengths to get 3rd party permissions. And the rule does not specifically mention WW holders being able to name the hammer without permission which I hadn't realized until now. (Sorry guys) And you are right it does't seem fair that hammers can name the WW holder when the WW holder needs permission from the hammer to post their name; but with the ability for hammers to rebuild during endgames now it does make a bit of sense that the hammer might not want to be named.

Thanks to all you 3rd party posters for getting the permissions.
    How does the ability to rebuild your hammer after a WW hit make a bit of difference? Not like there's anything left of your hammer to hide and even for that matter it doesn't mean it will be built back in the same orientation. (rammer,cata)

The absolute only reason to not post the BR with real names is so the hammer owner isn't embarrassed of a pathetic hammer build attempt.

IMO....

Quote Originally Posted by Kurtz View Post
    The whole rule is convoluted and pointless. It's entirely a forum rule (and only .us forums).
    For example, if I want to add BR to my in-game profile, I can. But if I do, I'm not allowed to link my profile on the forum.
    Heck I remember the big round of wonder hits on us6r1. The OC had us take screenshots of our wonder hits and email them to him. Then he made a compilation picture of all of the hits for the forum.
    Then, despite the fact that every hammer emailed their own screen shot to him, the mods took it down and he had to redo the whole thing anonymously.

Really, they should just use the .com forum rule:
    Posting uncensored battle reports. This includes, but is not limited to, coordinates, village names and player names. Permission from all parties involved must be given prior to posting such material. Reports of attacks on or by WW villages or attacks involving Building Plans or Artefacts belonging to WW holders are excluded from this rule.
    S6-r1 The_Chuck S8-r1 Lanie (night shift) S5-r3 Tyche (night shift) S7-r3 Chuckles (night shift)
    S2-r6 Tommo and rebuild S1-r7 Country (day shift) S5-r7(AEU) Office Space S19-r2 (SE) The Joker