View Poll Results: Forum Rule for WW Battle Reports

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change to the rule.

2 3.33%
  • Anyone may post what was sent at it, the resulting damage, and the name of the WW only.

3 5.00%
  • Attacker & WW holder may post the BR (with attacker information) as is minus any defensive numbers.

1 1.67%
  • Anyone may post the BR (with attacker information) as is minus any defensive numbers.

16 26.67%
  • Attacker & WW holder may post the BR as is with no editing.

7 11.67%
  • Anyone may post the BR as is with no editing.

31 51.67%

Thread: WW Battle Reports

Among your myelinating glia-oligodendrocytes

Default WW Battle Reports

Dear Players,

We are considering making changes to the current forum rule regarding World Wonder battle reports. I believe I've managed to narrow it down to 6 main options.

Option 1: Attacker and WW holder may post what was sent at it, the resulting damage, and the name of the World Wonder only. (Current rule)

Option 2: Anyone may post what was sent at it, the resulting damage, and the name of the World Wonder only.

Option 3: Attacker and WW holder may post the BR (with attacker information) as is minus any defensive numbers.

Option 4: Anyone may post the BR (with attacker information) as is minus any defensive numbers.

Option 5: Attacker and WW holder may post the BR as is with no editing.

Option 6: Anyone may post the BR as is with no editing.
    I encourage you to pass this along to duals and alliance members. Feel free to use this thread to discuss this topic, but I would like to keep the conversation on WW battle reports only please.

Be sure and read options carefully before you vote as you will not be able to change your vote once it's been cast.

Option 6 for sure. I strongly feel if you attack with enough troops to get the full report, you should be able to post the full report. I've always thought it was odd that this one type of report had special restrictions on this domain. But you should probably make it clear that they can post with no editing, not that they have to post that way. Defenders will still likely post blank defense as they always have.

Edit to add:
    Further, I would like the same rules to apply to WW plans and WW holder artifacts (which would bring the rules in line with the .com forums).
    Last edited by Tineren; 09-12-2013 at 04:07 AM. Reason: More stuff
    S6-r1 The_Chuck S8-r1 Lanie (night shift) S5-r3 Tyche (night shift) S7-r3 Chuckles (night shift)
    S2-r6 Tommo and rebuild S1-r7 Country (day shift) S5-r7(AEU) Office Space S19-r2 (SE) The Joker

I just voted option 6. No room for misinterpretation or whining from anybody.
    Plus, as an attacker. Being able to get a defense report and share it with the server is as great as reward as Travian could offer.
    Из России с любовью
    s1r7 Hammer 1
    s1r7 Hammer 2
    S2r6 Mr. Noodle/ FEAR 2WW hits not saved
    s5r5 Hammer 1 Won
    s5r5 Hammer 2 Won
    s8r1 Cap Hammers are back Won
    S2R2 Outsidergua Lost
    Guide to Cap Hammers

Quote Originally Posted by Tineren View Post
    Option 6 for sure. I strongly feel if you attack with enough troops to get the full report, you should be able to post the full report. I've always thought it was odd that this one type of report had special restrictions on this domain. But you should probably make it clear that they can post with no editing, not that they have to post that way. Defenders will still likely post blank defense as they always have.

Edit to add:
    Further, I would like the same rules to apply to WW plans and WW holder artifacts (which would bring the rules in line with the .com forums).
    This

Farmhand

#6. Enough with the prudishness
    us2 _ Scipio
    us1 _ Robin your hood

Quote Originally Posted by Outsidergua View Post
    I just voted option 6. No room for misinterpretation or whining from anybody.
    Plus, as an attacker. Being able to get a defense report and share it with the server is as great as reward as Travian could offer.
    Agreed!
    S1R2: Ishnu
    S2R5: danger
    S2R6: BringinSexyBack
    S5R6: Scum Bag

The final option is the way to go. Always thought is was odd to have to hide stuff.

Edit to add:

I don't know when the last time you wanted to share a BR over there, but currently on the .com forum, yes you are allowed more lee way on what you can report, but because there are no BRs from any of the report generators allowed, you effectively can't report anything at all. There is no BR thread for the server I play.
    Note:Any posts made by this poster should always be construed in the most innocent angelic way possible. The poster is not responsible for where your depraved minds go, if you have a depraved mind.

Our Lady of Croppers ~Semper DOS~ ~Viva Toons~ || This area intentionally left blank. || The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity ~ Harlan Ellison

Quote Originally Posted by Flossie Schmumpus View Post
    I don't know when the last time you wanted to share a BR over there, but currently on the .com forum, yes you are allowed more lee way on what you can report, but because there are no BRs from any of the report generators allowed, you effectively can't report anything at all. There is no BR thread for the server I play.
    The URLs for most BR generator sites are filtered out because they have ads. However you can still share in-game reports (it's why they added the access permission options for in-game reports).
    S6-r1 The_Chuck S8-r1 Lanie (night shift) S5-r3 Tyche (night shift) S7-r3 Chuckles (night shift)
    S2-r6 Tommo and rebuild S1-r7 Country (day shift) S5-r7(AEU) Office Space S19-r2 (SE) The Joker

^^ Agreed.

Honestly, this information travels within and between alliances fairly freely in game and through other channels. I see no reason for it to be withheld from the forum. If you haven't already seen the unedited reports for the round you are playing, it simply means you aren't asking the right person.
    s7r1: super white / blondie
    s6 r2: SWB
    s6 r3: fire-bum (dual)
    s6 r4: Democrazy (dual) Thanks guys.
    s2r6: Twinky Could have been bigger, but it was too hard to feed.

I was going to go with the last for the same reasons Kaos Control mentioned, but changed my mind and vote after some thought.
    Both the hammer and WW involved with the attack should be allowed to post unedited BRs because it involves them - period. If the hammer decides not to, but the WW still wants to - fine, but unedited and vice versa as well.
    As much as I'd like to see that posted in here regardless of who or how it got here, it involves 2 specific accounts and they should be the only ones to decide.
    I went with 5.
    Quote Originally Posted by gebne View Post
    St. Chak, glorious atelier, faithful servant and bearer of thong,
    the stain of the troll has caused you to be forgotten by many,
    but the true forum invokes you universally as the patron of things despised of;
    pray for me, that finally I may receive the alterations and the couture of thongs in all my fripperies, ornamentations, and trimmings,
    particularly those of purple hue, and that I may read Chak with the thong throughout Eternity.

I agree with DC. I went 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Chak View Post
    As much as I'd like to see that posted in here regardless of who or how it got here, it involves 2 specific accounts and they should be the only ones to decide.
    There is almost nothing about running a WW that is localized to an account. It's entirely a team effort. For example on s2 we have 500+ different groups of reins, 100+ players sending resources, a rotating team of 4-5 different sitters working shifts. Even some of the gold on the account was provided by sitters. Managing defense is coordinated by a team involving a similar sized group of people working the other wonder.
    While the offensive side involves fewer people, it's still far from a solo effort. Single hammers landing on Wonders without supporting fakes/attacks/rammers are not effective. Building a group of endgame hammers to effectively damage a wonder is a team effort that lasts the whole round. There are anvils to protect, garages to feed, scout hammers to gather information, working hammers that die often so the EGHs can sim, offensive and defensive coordinators that run the ops, and artifact coordinators for storage and trainer artifacts. Wonder hits are a joint effort on both sides, that's why they have special rules.

That said, as someone who has killed enough to get a D report on an enemy wonder three times and was not allowed to post what I killed, I prefer choice five over choice four .

Additional Edit:
    A point in consideration of the "Only the owners" viewpoint. It might make sense to apply a rule change about publicity only to new servers rather than running servers. That way any hammer or Wonder player could know the rule before they decided to devote a year of their life to a server to it if they are strongly opposed to publicity.
    Last edited by Tineren; 09-13-2013 at 07:52 AM.

For the record, I voted #5 when I first saw the poll but was feeling too lazy to explain.
    And then DC took care of that for me.

I feel like if the hammer got through and killed 25%+ of the def, then everyone on the server who cares already knows what was there.
    And if the hammer has just gone splat on a WW, anyone who cared about that hammer knows about that splat already as well. So posting those numbers isn't any type of secret anymore.
    MokMonster does not support, condone or agree with anything written in this post.
    Any suggestions to the contrary are purely unintentional.
    (Unless you agreed with it -- then I totally said it)

Anyway to get such BR's distributed easier is fine by me. I've led too many confeds and seen too many people "left out in the darK" as to what is going on at the higher levels. Many are too shy to ask, and it does get to be a pain getting and distributing such info among multi x multi-wing groups.

Personally , I'd like if the most recent 5 WW BR's could be accessed off the map drop-down BR listing by ANYONE playing, no matter if they are in the connected alliances of ww attacker/defender or not. Too many times , I have seen smaller players give up on Travian, and also increased apathy among many players, simply because they felt left out, not knowing what is going on in WW land. And it gets tedious , if you are part of the WW clique to get such info out sometimes,especially when you are doing that plus the zillion other issues, big alliance leaders have to deal with. Yes , I realize all the ww fakes , would make this irrelevant alot of the time, but it would still help many times. And even the fakes would give some clue to who is doing what ,as far as the game goes.
    Last edited by St.Christopher; 09-15-2013 at 04:53 PM.
    Retired (2-2) finished servers

S1-GreatWhite-(Victory!)
    S2-STC
    S6-GhostRider/JB
    S7-Montross-r2(Victory!)/Crom-r3
    S8-Cyclops

Six is ideal.

There is almost nothing about running a WW that is localized to an account. It's entirely a team effort. For example on s2 we have 500+ different groups of reins, 100+ players sending resources, a rotating team of 4-5 different sitters working shifts. Even some of the gold on the account was provided by sitters. Managing defense is coordinated by a team involving a similar sized group of people working the other wonder.
    While the offensive side involves fewer people, it's still far from a solo effort. Single hammers landing on Wonders without supporting fakes/attacks/rammers are not effective. Building a group of endgame hammers to effectively damage a wonder is a team effort that lasts the whole round. There are anvils to protect, garages to feed, scout hammers to gather information, working hammers that die often so the EGHs can sim, offensive and defensive coordinators that run the ops, and artifact coordinators for storage and trainer artifacts. Wonder hits are a joint effort on both sides, that's why they have special rules.

That said, as someone who has killed enough to get a D report on an enemy wonder three times and was not allowed to post what I killed, I prefer choice five over choice four .

Additional Edit:
    A point in consideration of the "Only the owners" viewpoint. It might make sense to apply a rule change about publicity only to new servers rather than running servers. That way any hammer or Wonder player could know the rule before they decided to devote a year of their life to a server to it if they are strongly opposed to publicity.
    I have sat WWs on regular and faster than regular servers 3 times. I have fed WWs a bazillion times. They are in no way comparable. Yes, the feed and care of a WW is most certainly a group effort but only a handful watch those numbers in wheat spin and deal with thousands of fakes and reals, levels lost and zeroing right there in front of their faces.
    Huge difference.
    Pretty much anyone with a will to can find out what the numbers were with some work and sweet talk, but as the end game is set up now, I really think the choice should remain with either the hammer account or the WW account.
    Quote Originally Posted by gebne View Post
    St. Chak, glorious atelier, faithful servant and bearer of thong,
    the stain of the troll has caused you to be forgotten by many,
    but the true forum invokes you universally as the patron of things despised of;
    pray for me, that finally I may receive the alterations and the couture of thongs in all my fripperies, ornamentations, and trimmings,
    particularly those of purple hue, and that I may read Chak with the thong throughout Eternity.

Among your myelinating glia-oligodendrocytes

Seems pretty clear so far which way you guys would like us to go with this rules. I'd like to wrap this thread up in a few days so if you have any friends and/or alliance members that have yet to vote please encourage them to do so within the next couple of day.