Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: American Horror Story

Among your myelinating glia-oligodendrocytes

Default American Horror Story

Any AHS fans out there?

Season 3 starts soon, what do you guys think of the coven theme?

I don't have a TV, but I watched season 1 on netflix. I liked it, but then season 2 was too gory for me. I might check out season 3, if it looks better.

I tried watching a clip of an episode once and it didn't grab my interest. It may have been the choice of clip with absolutely no context to accompany it, tho.
    So much to watch as it is now, but with Breaking Bad almost over for me (I still have 5 episodes left to watch), I may need a new show.
    Quote Originally Posted by gebne View Post
    St. Chak, glorious atelier, faithful servant and bearer of thong,
    the stain of the troll has caused you to be forgotten by many,
    but the true forum invokes you universally as the patron of things despised of;
    pray for me, that finally I may receive the alterations and the couture of thongs in all my fripperies, ornamentations, and trimmings,
    particularly those of purple hue, and that I may read Chak with the thong throughout Eternity.

Lost interest after episode 4. Don't known why, but thrillers bore me.3
    If there is a God, He must really love stupid people. Look how many He made.

Consul

For some reason this didn't pull me in. Sons and Mad Men, awesome. This one, not so much for me.

-32 degrees latitude, free, safe and warm

Have to admit I didn't even try it. I'm not good with horror anyway and I have too much other good stuff to catch up on yet. Still need to finish Breaking Bad!
    I'm glad I'm not judgemental like all you smug, superficial idiots

Never seen it. I lean towards Canadian shows as they are the ones I can watch online without being blocked. Television watching is scarce here...everyone does their own thing on their own computers. Though I will on occasion turn it on to watch a Pilot of an upcoming show like Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Quote Originally Posted by kabooja View Post
    Never seen it. I lean towards Canadian shows as they are the ones I can watch online without being blocked. Television watching is scarce here...everyone does their own thing on their own computers. Though I will on occasion turn it on to watch a Pilot of an upcoming show like Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
    Haven't seen that Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. yet, how is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Erknen View Post
    Haven't seen that Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. yet, how is it?
    I watched it last night. So far it seems a bit formulaic. But I'll give it a few more eps.

Quote Originally Posted by Rokchick View Post
    I watched it last night. So far it seems a bit formulaic. But I'll give it a few more eps.
    Yep, me too. I didn't read the comics so I don't know these characters. And I also regret not watching The Avengers too. But heck, I'll roll with it.

I fell asleep 3 times trying to watch the first episode of American Horror Story.

This is highly unusual for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurtz View Post
    I fell asleep 3 times trying to watch the first episode of American Horror Story.

This is highly unusual for me.
    Just like my Grandma does.

Quote Originally Posted by Erknen View Post
    Just like my Grandma does.
    Something like that.

Saving the first 2 episodes of Agents of Shield to watch with my sons this weekend (said the doddering old man in his rocker, drool escaping from the corner of his smiling, hopeful mouth). I'm a Whedon fan so unless he has gone off the reservation, I expect good things.
    I loved The Avengers. Good fun.
    I watched Michael J. Fox's new show and he is the best thing on it. Worth watching for him alone - try to ignore the terrible actors playing his children.
    Watched The Crazy Ones and fun stuff. Not nearly as wonderful as my poor departed Boston Legal, but still very fun.
    pray for me, that finally I may receive the alterations and the couture of thongs in all my fripperies, ornamentations, and trimmings,
    particularly those of purple hue, and that I may read Chak with the thong throughout Eternity.

SHIELD wasn't bad. A bit cheesy, but what do you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Chak View Post
    Saving the first 2 episodes of Agents of Shield to watch with my sons this weekend (said the doddering old man in his rocker, drool escaping from the corner of his smiling, hopeful mouth). I'm a Whedon fan so unless he has gone off the reservation, I expect good things.
    I loved The Avengers. Good fun.
    I watched Michael J. Fox's new show and he is the best thing on it. Worth watching for him alone - try to ignore the terrible actors playing his children.
    Watched The Crazy Ones and fun stuff. Not nearly as wonderful as my poor departed Boston Legal, but still very fun.
    Just finished watching the second episode online. Made me chuckle and laugh throughout.

Just finished watching the second episode online. Made me chuckle and laugh throughout.
    2nd episode of which?!

Quote Originally Posted by dan chak View Post
    2nd episode of which?!
    s.h.i.e.l.d.

The Black List trumps American Horror Story.

If you haven't watched it, but remember Boston Legal... Think of Spader's character from Boston Legal at his worst... at his most manipulative. That's close to his character in The Black List.

The other actors do a good job too.
    TCG says... sign your -Rep, cowards. I don't -Rep people just because they -Rep me.
    The Dinosaur says: (img)Image removed (/img) http://i749.photobucket.com/albums/x...eSignature.png

Yeah, I've recorded Blacklist. I'm waiting to bank 2 of them because sometimes the first one needs a quick follow up to convince me. Probably the same as SHIELD. Should have done that there too.

I'm enjoying Agents Of SHIELD. Really liked the first one due to the presence of J. August Richards, who rocks as an actor and is hot to boot. Second one was not quite as appealing to me but it's still holding me as an audience.

Is anyone watching Sleepy Hollow? It's kind of fun in a spooky 'the Apocalypse is coming' way, even though I think that revolutionary soldier Ichabod Crane is adapting way too quickly to 21st century ways, especially in terms of working with a black female cop. But is this really the kind of show of which to demand psychological verisimilitude, I ask myself and then move on.
    And now I'll tell you what's against us, an art that's lived for centuries. Go through the years and you will find what's blackened all of history. Against us is the law with its immensity of strength and power - against us is the law! Police know how to make a man a guilty or an innocent. Against us is the power of police! The shameless lies that men have told will ever more be paid in gold - against us is the power of the gold! Against us is racial hatred and the simple fact that we are poor.
    - The Ballad of Sacco and Vanzetti, Joan Baez

Quote Originally Posted by Meherrin View Post
    I'm enjoying Agents Of SHIELD. Really liked the first one due to the presence of J. August Richards, who rocks as an actor and is hot to boot. Second one was not quite as appealing to me but it's still holding me as an audience.

Is anyone watching Sleepy Hollow? It's kind of fun in a spooky 'the Apocalypse is coming' way, even though I think that revolutionary soldier Ichabod Crane is adapting way too quickly to 21st century ways, especially in terms of working with a black female cop. But is this really the kind of show of which to demand psychological verisimilitude, I ask myself and then move on.
    I found myself with the same reaction for the second episode. Still entertaining nonetheless.

Yep, I've watched both episodes online. I'm a computer junky.

I'm watching Sleepy Hollow. It's kind of dumb, but I find it quite entertaining. It doesn't take itself too seriously which is a big plus for me. And I forgive quite a lot because it is rooted in American cultural history, so I assume if something seems stupid, it's just that I don't understand some hidden reference. Sometimes it's even true!

About to restart Homeland here too. Now that does take itself seriously, but is very well done. Claire Danes went up a lot in my estimation when I saw the first series. It was getting ponderous in season 2, but I can see potential coming in again.

Oh you watch that? I tried to...and then somehow I veered off watching something else. I like Damian Lewis; thought he did a fantastic job in Band Of Brothers.

I know what I'll be watching again now.
    CURRAHEE!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonothan Crane
    Patients suffering delusional episodes often focus their paranoia on an external tormentor. Usually one conforming to Jungian archetypes. In this case, a scarecrow.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cat Goddess View Post

If you haven't watched it, but remember Boston Legal... Think of Spader's character from Boston Legal at his worst... at his most manipulative. That's close to his character in The Black List.

I agree. I think Blacklist will go far.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    I know what I'll be watching again now.
    CURRAHEE!
    Try The Pacific, unless you have seen it. I still have a personal preference of BoB over Pacific, but that Series does not disappoint.

I agree. I think Blacklist will go far.
    It still feels a little forced and contrived to me. The acting is great, but the storyline.... meh not all that great, but still watchable. I'll have to see where it goes.

Try The Pacific, unless you have seen it. I still have a personal preference of BoB over Pacific, but that Series does not disappoint.
    Both of those bloody rock. I cannot stand Hanks as an actor, but as a director? Damn he's good.

Both of those bloody rock. I cannot stand Hanks as an actor, but as a director? Damn he's good.
    If you own The Pacific Series, can I borrow it? I've been trying to see it in its entirety via Youtube. Perhaps one day I will have to buy it and add it to our Collection.
    Last edited by kabooja; 10-07-2013 at 11:17 PM.

If you own The Pacific Series, can I borrow it? I've been trying to see it in its entirety via Youtube. Perhaps one day I will have to have it buy it and add it to our Collection.
    Lol even if I did, sending it from Norway to the US would probably be more expensive than buying it there.

I "borrowed" it from the internet and burnt it onto DVD's .

Tough Luck.

I live in Canada, not US. And I'm not going to cross the Border just for the sake of it.

/me goes back to my overpriced life.

s.h.i.e.l.d.
    Finally watched the first two episodes this weekend. Loved them, but I have a few issues. They make SHIELD seem very small in scale as far as manpower is concerned, first of all. Second of all, it seems oddly similar to Dollhouse
    I'll keep watching, tho, cuz his shows usually warm up wonderfully as they gain steam.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cat Goddess View Post

I see absolutely no similarities between Spader's 2 characters but, my Gump, Boston Legal was such a wonderful ******* show. Definitely on my all time top 20 lists, if not top 10.
    I like The Blacklist so far. It's gathering steam fast. I disagree with Kurtz, although I understand what he is saying because I have the same feeling about AMC's Low Winter Sun. I mainly started watching it because Lennie James is a freaking god of acting, but he just seems to be playing 'intense, mysterious Lennie James' all through it. So forced, so contrived.
    I have 5 episodes that I have yet to watch due to dying interest

Quote Originally Posted by Meherrin View Post

Haven't caught Sleepy Hollow yet but want to. Will give it a try cuz you recommended it

Lol even if I did, sending it from Norway to the US would probably be more expensive than buying it there.

I "borrowed" it from the internet and burnt it onto DVD's .
    ******* Vikings stealing our ****.

Tough Luck.

I live in Canada, not US. And I'm not going to cross the Border just for the sake of it.

/me goes back to my overpriced life.
    Overpriced, but a hell of a lot happier.

Overpriced, but a hell of a lot happier.
    How do you know? Is there a test or device that can measure such a thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Chak View Post
    How do you know? Is there a test or device that can measure such a thing?
    In general, Canada is much happier than the US. Whether or not she is specifically is something else. Multiple studies done has shown that.

Whether or not she is specifically is something else.
    Huh?

Huh?
    Canada may be in the top 10 happiest countries in the world, but that doesn't specifically mean that you personally are. I don't know. However, Canada consistently scores a heck of a lot higher than the US in terms of happiness.

Well of course Canadians are happy. They have snow and maple syrup.

Quote Originally Posted by Cisalpine View Post
    Well of course Canadians are happy. They have snow and maple syrup.
    Actually, given that they're further north and hence have the whole issue of long dark winter days (hence the snow), they should really be less happy all other things being equal.

Our lives are not ruled by them! But we would bathe in it if we could.

I love the last sentence!