Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Guns at school

Our country is in love with sex and violence. Do we need more regulation and control on guns, yes and no. We do not need broad overarching federal laws. The only laws the fed needs to improve are interstate regulations, including gun shows. As a side, what is up with gun shows. I went to two of them recently with my white, male, conservative friends. I was shocked by all the **** stuff, most of it celebrating **** Germany. While at the same time, and at the same booth, books, shirst, stickers, etc.. on being a "patriot". Because there is nothing more patriotic then supporting an ideal that we went to war with!
    Gun laws need to reflect the state and region where they will be inforced. Major cities need strict regulation, while rural communities with a history of gun ownership for sport will need less regulations. This is why the NRA is so wrong. They attack all regulations as an attack on all gun owners, without realizing that a gun owner in Chicago, is different than a gun owner in rural Georgia. Compromise, what a strange concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurtz View Post
    Hell most of my family are hunters and my cousin is a world class shot with a rifle. Actually he was. He's older than me now, so I doubt he's still as good.
    Wait... wait... he's older than you now?

Was he younger than you a few years ago or something?
    TCG says... sign your -Rep, cowards. I don't -Rep people just because they -Rep me.
    The Dinosaur says: (img)Image removed (/img) http://i749.photobucket.com/albums/x...eSignature.png

Quote Originally Posted by eruthe1 View Post
    Our country is in love with sex and violence. Do we need more regulation and control on guns, yes and no. We do not need broad overarching federal laws. The only laws the fed needs to improve are interstate regulations, including gun shows. As a side, what is up with gun shows. I went to two of them recently with my white, male, conservative friends. I was shocked by all the **** stuff, most of it celebrating **** Germany. While at the same time, and at the same booth, books, shirst, stickers, etc.. on being a "patriot". Because there is nothing more patriotic then supporting an ideal that we went to war with!
    Gun laws need to reflect the state and region where they will be inforced. Major cities need strict regulation, while rural communities with a history of gun ownership for sport will need less regulations. This is why the NRA is so wrong. They attack all regulations as an attack on all gun owners, without realizing that a gun owner in Chicago, is different than a gun owner in rural Georgia. Compromise, what a strange concept.
    What interstate regulations?

Quote Originally Posted by Sirveri View Post
    No. Seriously, we export guns, gun smuggling would dramatically increase the price beyond what anyone other than a criminal syndicate could afford. Significantly curtailing US domestic gun production would likely also curtail gun violence in Mexico due to the flow patterns there.
    Significantly curtailing large democrat controlled cities in America would reduce crime drastically too.

Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    No, it's not.
    Which one is?

[QUOTE=cofc;2645621]What interstate regulations?

Well, off the top of my head, the interstate regulations that the fed uses in all situations; selling and transport of resource between states in our union. You know, the reason why the Articles of Confederation failed and the Constitution was created. States know what is best for their pop better than a fed that is hundreds/ thousands of miles away.

Well, off the top of my head, the interstate regulations that the fed uses in all situations; selling and transport of resource between states in our union. You know, the reason why the Articles of Confederation failed and the Constitution was created. States know what is best for their pop better than a fed that is hundreds/ thousands of miles away.
    The constitution specifically allows for the federal government to regulate commerce between the states. The problem is silly people think it means any commerce inside the whole United States.

-32 degrees latitude, free, safe and warm

Quote Originally Posted by cofc View Post
    Is that the study that said Tea Party members were smarter than both conservatives and liberals in science?
    Now I already knew which websites you read, but that just confirmed it. No, it didn't say that at all. What it said was that he couldn't find the statistical bias that usually shows conservatives are stupider. Read it and see, don't just bleat rubbish that your right wing websites spout.

But which of the proposed laws would the rural farmers have a problem with? They don't get their guns from randoms at gun shows, they will pass background checks, and they probably wouldn't mind a register either. All of those things were in force here BEFORE our restrictions, and that's all that was proposed there.

If you talk about additional restrictions, like semi-automatic military style guns, and magazine sizes, then if they need them they would get them, but the gangsters wouldn't. That's the whole point of it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cat Goddess View Post
    Wait... wait... he's older than you now?Was he younger than you a few years ago or something?
    Holy .... I thought this forum aged us unnecessarily. It looks like it's the elixir of youth instead!

I am never sure when it is essential to use blue txt.
    Last edited by Rokchick; 10-22-2013 at 01:59 AM.
    I'm glad I'm not judgemental like all you smug, superficial idiots

Quote Originally Posted by Rokchick View Post
    Now I already knew which websites you read, but that just confirmed it. No, it didn't say that at all. What it said was that he couldn't find the statistical bias that usually shows conservatives are stupider. Read it and see, don't just bleat rubbish that your right wing websites spout.
    I read the blog that the professor directly posted it on. He said Tea Party members were more science smart than everyone else.

I read the blog that the professor directly posted it on. He said Tea Party members were more science smart than everyone else.
    Oh dear. Ironic? Or just funny? You read what you wanted to read and proved THE ENTIRE POINT!

http://www.culturalcognition.net/blog/

A recurring irony in the empirical study of politically biased misunderstandings of science is how often people misconstrue empirical evidence of this very phenomenon as a result of politically biased reasoning.

It’s funny.
    It’s painful.
    And it’s depressing—indeed, the 50th time you see it, it is mainly just depressing
    So I wasn’t “surprised”—much less “stunned”—when I observed descriptions of the data I presented on the correlation between science comprehension and identification with the tea party being warped by this same dynamic.
    The 14 billion regular readers of this blog (exactly 2,503,232 of whom identity with the tea party) know that I believe that there is no convincing empirical evidence that the science communication problem—the failure of compelling, widely accessible scientific evidence to dispel culturally fractious disputes over societal risks and other policy-relevant facts—can be attributed to any supposed correlation between a “conservative” political outlook & a deficit in science literacy, critical reasoning skills, or commitment to science’s signature methods for discovery of truth.

Oh dear. Ironic? Or just funny? You read what you wanted to read and proved THE ENTIRE POINT!

http://www.culturalcognition.net/blog/

A recurring irony in the empirical study of politically biased misunderstandings of science is how often people misconstrue empirical evidence of this very phenomenon as a result of politically biased reasoning.

It’s funny.
    It’s painful.
    And it’s depressing—indeed, the 50th time you see it, it is mainly just depressing
    So I wasn’t “surprised”—much less “stunned”—when I observed descriptions of the data I presented on the correlation between science comprehension and identification with the tea party being warped by this same dynamic.
    The 14 billion regular readers of this blog (exactly 2,503,232 of whom identity with the tea party) know that I believe that there is no convincing empirical evidence that the science communication problem—the failure of compelling, widely accessible scientific evidence to dispel culturally fractious disputes over societal risks and other policy-relevant facts—can be attributed to any supposed correlation between a “conservative” political outlook & a deficit in science literacy, critical reasoning skills, or commitment to science’s signature methods for discovery of truth.
    So when he said Tea Party scored higher, he misspoke?

This is going down as one of our funniest convos sweetie. Thanks.
    Just read the paper. If you don't get irony, as a last resort, try it just as science.

This is going down as one of our funniest convos sweetie. Thanks.
    Just read the paper. If you don't get irony, as a last resort, try it just as science.
    Alluding to facts you cannot present is trolling.

I posted my references. Post yours. And remember... Irony.

I posted my references. Post yours. And remember... Irony.
    References for what?

References for what?
    Where are the facts I can't present?

Where are the facts I can't present?
    Your initial claim was I am wrong. How?

Your initial claim was I am wrong. How?
    You are always wrong. You need to be more specific.

You are always wrong. You need to be more specific.
    So I was right?

So I was right?
    Aww, never mind sweetie. The last word in this series just digs you deeper. Still funny, but only marginal now. Have more troll juice.

Aww, never mind sweetie. The last word in this series just digs you deeper. Still funny, but only marginal now. Have more troll juice.

Wow. Rok got Woden to iggy her. Dayum.
    Then Rok and Cofc proceed to have forum secks. Again.
    You two need to exchange Skype IDs and take it personal.
    Quote Originally Posted by gebne View Post
    St. Chak, glorious atelier, faithful servant and bearer of thong,
    the stain of the troll has caused you to be forgotten by many,
    but the true forum invokes you universally as the patron of things despised of;
    pray for me, that finally I may receive the alterations and the couture of thongs in all my fripperies, ornamentations, and trimmings,
    particularly those of purple hue, and that I may read Chak with the thong throughout Eternity.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Chak View Post
    Wow. Rok got Woden to iggy her. Dayum.
    Then Rok and Cofc proceed to have forum secks. Again.
    You two need to exchange Skype IDs and take it personal.
    No, I'm an exhibitionist!

But seriously, you must have got a giggle from his response to the study I posted? I almost gave up and admitted it was the best response so far on the forums. But I was 20% convinced he was serious. But really, it was so brilliantly understated, I am back on the cofc is pure troll wagon now.
    Last edited by Rokchick; 10-22-2013 at 05:11 AM.

Back on topic, and mostly because I just found this thread..lol

Guns at school:
    I do live in Az, and I also happen to have a CCW permit.. I can tell you here in Az schools are a "gun-free" zone.. However that being said, law enforcement in all cases have a free pass on that. Inter city police may carry their weapon whether on duty or not on a school campus.. Out of state police may not..

Military personnel may only carry their "on duty" side arm if they are Military Police.. All Other military personnel are only issued "machineguns" when deployed..

Now to the CCW permit : Having a permit does not allow me to carry near a school as of yet, however some states are changing that and allowing CCW permit holders to carry while picking up/dropping off their children.. As it stands now, here in AZ., this is how the rules read for CCW holers..
    "I have a CCW permit. Can I carry my handgun on school grounds while picking up my child?
    Conditionally. If you remain in your vehicle and the handgun is unloaded before entering school grounds, yes. If you have to exit your vehicle while picking up your child, the handgun must be unloaded (as above) and secured (locked) within the vehicle out of plain view. Use caution if you must exit the vehicle with a handgun (or any weapon) to secure it in the trunk of your vehicle. Others may see you and not understand your intention.

Additionally, designated employees of a school may order a person off of school property if that person is believed to be interfering with school operations. School boards may also enact specific and more restrictive rules governing firearms and deadly weapons on school grounds. Determine what the rules of a school are before attempting to enter school grounds with a firearm. (ARS 13-3102.A.12, 13-3102.I and ARS 13-2911)"

As you can see, local school boards have the authority to regulate allowance or restrictions of weapons on campus..

Also, those with no Carry Permit in most states need to remain 1000 feet away from school grounds with a gun.(In states that allow open carry)
    s1 : Storeythor http://travian-reports.net/us/report/2674061c50d
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    Gotta be talented to look after 2 WW's simultaneously. Or crazy... Crazy seems more like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gressor2 View Post
    The more I read of OdinLoki's posts, the more I want to play alongside him. Not for the results, as frequently good as they are, but for the sheer fun he seems to have at it. Would + rep if I could, man. Always enjoy reading your stuff... and mostly cringe at the results contained in 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chas00 View Post
    Storeythor,most offensive/defensive account holder on the server.
    Quote Originally Posted by bugzy View Post
    He's a nut and the more the odds are stacked against him, the better he seems to come out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by odinloki View Post
    "I have a CCW permit. Can I carry my handgun on school grounds while picking up my child?
    Technically, in North Carolina you can now. Though, it has to be in a locked compartment, out of sight, in your vehicle. Like a compact gun safe under the seat. And your car must be locked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod Dark Tower View Post
    *Sigh*, I'm such an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blazin1 View Post
    I'm not very bright.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapient View Post
    Technically, in North Carolina you can now. Though, it has to be in a locked compartment, out of sight, in your vehicle. Like a compact gun safe under the seat. And your car must be locked.
    How is that carrying if it's on a locked compartment in the car?

How is that carrying if it's on a locked compartment in the car?
    People are inside their car when they use it.