Thread: Bann those that use the Tor browser.

Default Bann those that use the Tor browser.

I think that players, that use the Tor brower, should be banned. First time a warning. But the second time, the player should be banned. With the Tor browser, it is easy to have several accounts, and not be detected. I play on the classic server. There are some players that have gotten over 45 million resources in a week. One player got something like 56 million resources in a week. He is still in game playing. His alliance has gotten over 400 million resources so far this week.

What I have heard, is that the members of this alliance has created hundreds of accounts. They use them to raid, and to make defence troops. The person I talked to on skype, said that he is using Tor on a TS server, and has made several accounts there. He has not been detected by the Multi Hunter. He was the one that told me that the alliance that was getting lots of resources, was using Tor.

I emailed the admin. The admin, and MH said that the players weren't cheating.

So here is what should be done.

1. The programmers that work for Travian, should develope ways to detect the Tor browser. I'm not a programmer, so I don't know how it would be done.

2. Give the MH the tools, to detect the Tor browser.

3. Change the ToS, that says that Tor is no longer allowed. Those that use Tor for the first time, would get a warning. Second time, the player would be banned.

Browsers such as IE, Firefox, and Chrome, would be allowed. Only Tor would be banned.

If certain browsers are the main culprits that facilitate multi-accounting, then looking into banning those would not be a bad idea.
    Note:Any posts made by this poster should always be construed in the most innocent angelic way possible. The poster is not responsible for where your depraved minds go, if you have a depraved mind.

Our Lady of Croppers ~Semper DOS~ ~Viva Toons~ || This area intentionally left blank. || The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity ~ Harlan Ellison

Quote Originally Posted by Flossie Schmumpus View Post
    If certain browsers are the main culprits that facilitate multi-accounting, then looking into banning those would not be a bad idea.
    Fully agree. The .com classic server is full of cheating filthy Russians and it has taken some of the fun out of playing.
    http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...39am_18fec.jpg

s1r4: Basement Dog, TRU
    s1r3: AngelicRampage, oNE-RA
    s3r2: Elfkin/Strait Scuba, QOD
    s3r3: Omamba, Nemesis
    s3r4: Insomnia, Nemesis
    s3r5 Cookie Monster, Nemesis

I'm generally wary anytime someone says "I think these people are cheating, and this is how I heard they might be doing it." Tor strikes me as the sort of thing people would use and think "now they will never catch me multi accounting!" But that doesn't actually mean it will work. Tor should stop them from detecting same ip usage, but while that bypasses the first line of defense, that's not enough to escape detection completely.
    S6-r1 The_Chuck S8-r1 Lanie (night shift) S5-r3 Tyche (night shift) S7-r3 Chuckles (night shift)
    S2-r6 Tommo and rebuild S1-r7 Country (day shift) S5-r7(AEU) Office Space S19-r2 (SE) The Joker

Quote Originally Posted by Tineren View Post
    I'm generally wary anytime someone says "I think these people are cheating, and this is how I heard they might be doing it." Tor strikes me as the sort of thing people would use and think "now they will never catch me multi accounting!" But that doesn't actually mean it will work. Tor should stop them from detecting same ip usage, but while that bypasses the first line of defense, that's not enough to escape detection completely.
    Well, what do you make of this?
    http://travian-reports.net/us/report/2390699b4e9
    http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...39am_18fec.jpg

s1r4: Basement Dog, TRU
    s1r3: AngelicRampage, oNE-RA
    s3r2: Elfkin/Strait Scuba, QOD
    s3r3: Omamba, Nemesis
    s3r4: Insomnia, Nemesis
    s3r5 Cookie Monster, Nemesis

Umm, what am I supposed to make of it? That's the standard same ip message they've given for a few years. There are tons of ways of triggering it (the easiest being to play Travian on your phone), and it has nothing to do with cheating, but rather with limits. And I really don't see what it has to do with a service that masks your IP.
    S6-r1 The_Chuck S8-r1 Lanie (night shift) S5-r3 Tyche (night shift) S7-r3 Chuckles (night shift)
    S2-r6 Tommo and rebuild S1-r7 Country (day shift) S5-r7(AEU) Office Space S19-r2 (SE) The Joker

Is it possible to detect the Tor browser? If this proposal were implemented, how would Travian Games go about detecting the Tor browser?

Yes it is possible to detect. More than that, I am not permitted to say.
    - Carrie, retired HMH -

+1 to this thread. Here's the top 5 raiding stats (So far this week - 36 hours in). Bear in mind we're still a couple months from end game:

1. BEST 200859356
    2. Valhalla 27063362
    3. infinITA 26521210
    4. SCUD.ITA 13364472
    5. I & I 10187675

There are only 38 players in the top alliance. Unfortunately the multihunter's won't investigate. One of their players has raided 26 million in 36 hours - with 9 villages and no speed artefact.

The style of play has forced a lot into deletion, and it is sad to see them make such a mess of the game!

Any account that uses password that gives a wrong IP address will be banned. In the case of a Tor Browser there should be evidence of the anonymity and the player should be banned.

This is the amount the cheaters got last week. I removed the names, and I won't mention the alliance, or quad. All top 10 of the robbers are in the same alliance.
    ================================================== =====================

Robbers of the week
    No. Player Resources
    1. 121590503 Thats 121 million.
    2. 114580488 Thats 114 million.
    3. 86762899
    4. 83495932
    5. 82336095
    6. 78360813
    7. 58270109
    8. 54939846
    9. 48793057
    10. 46290406 At number 10 is 46 million.
    ================================================== =========================
    Now does anybody know if it is possible to get that much resources without cheating? They get that week, after week. Everybody in the top 10 in robbers, are from the same alliance. Some of their players have three hammers. One player that is in the top 10, has 4 villages. He is at number 5 of robbers.
    I have been emailing one of the workers at Travian Games. The email address is complaint@traviangames.com.
    Now, how many people reading this, would be in favor of banning players that use the Tor browser? If you are in favor, or not in favor, then leave a comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Menedemus View Post
    Now does anybody know if it is possible to get that much resources without cheating?
    Yes, it is.
    And it isn't really all that difficult with farm lists and round-the-clock account coverage.

Some of their players have three hammers.
    And here you have answered your question as to how it is done... they have LOTs of troops.

One player that is in the top 10, has 4 villages. He is at number 5 of robbers.
    You don't need a lot of towns to have a lot of troops if you're raiding a lot.

I have been emailing one of the workers at Travian Games.
    Stop that. They won't help you and there's nothing to help you for anyway.

Now, how many people reading this, would be in favor of banning players that use the Tor browser?
    First post your evidence that all of the "cheaters" are actually using the tor browser. One person saying it in skype isn't enough.
    I've never cheated, never multi'ed, and have never had much difficulty getting to the top of the raider's list in my serious servers.

Also... if there are that many bot-run accounts on the server you should be able to find them and raid them yourself.
    Or build a bunch of phalanx and drop them into likely towns to kill off raiders.

But understand that having a few dummy accounts won't add up to 50m/week. A fully-upgraded production town (standard 4/4/4/6) will make ~675k/week. That means you need 75 towns all to yourself to get to 50M. Not just 75 towns, mind you. 75 which you and only you are raiding. That means no one else can ever notice that those towns are just sitting there doing nothing but getting farmed.

I'm not saying there isn't cheating in Travian. I'm just saying what you're suggesting is unlikely.
    MokMonster does not support, condone or agree with anything written in this post.
    Any suggestions to the contrary are purely unintentional.
    (Unless you agreed with it -- then I totally said it)

The farms that they are raiding have their own alliance. The player with four villages, has farms all around him. He is surrounded by farms. They border his villages. Now why would farms build next to a top raider? These farms also make troops. If any of the top raiders get attacked, or a player from their alliance get attacked, then they wil get lots of defence troops. If you try to raid those farms over, and over, then you will get your troops killed. The Tor browser hides your IP address. So the MH can't see that, they are multi accounts. The person I talked to on skype, told me that he is using the Tor browser on a TS5com server. He hasn't been detected by the MH so far.

Using the Tor browser, it is easy to cheat. That is why players that use the Tor browser should be banned. Everybody needs to email the admin, and the founder of Travian games, and tell them about what is happening. See if they can come up with a ToS, that says that the Tor browser, or any browser that hides, or changes your IP address, can't be used.

There's the issue: Com MH's don't give a **** about the rules. That is why people break them over there.

Quote Originally Posted by 5m4llP0X View Post
    There's the issue: Com MH's don't give a **** about the rules. That is why people break them over there.
    We dont have that issue here though... Every MH I have ever had the pleasure of chatting with (and I have chatted with a ton) have always bent over backwards to investigate, review and answer any of my questions or concerns. That is one of the reasons I keep coming back to play here and not any other domains.
    The power of Murdok......
    wow i love that Murdok guy he ain't even a Mh anymore but i am still scared he will ban me lol

... Reputation and respect are earned, not given, no matter how big your ban-stick may be. He ain't no Murdok.

Quote Originally Posted by Murdok View Post
    We dont have that issue here though... Every MH I have ever had the pleasure of chatting with (and I have chatted with a ton) have always bent over backwards to investigate, review and answer any of my questions or concerns. That is one of the reasons I keep coming back to play here and not any other domains.
    That's why those who play com never come here. They never get past village 2.

This is from the classic server, on com3, of last week.

Robbers of the week
    Rank Alliance Resources
    1. 1043976379
    2. 155396033
    3. 66088565
    4. 64283774
    5. 59096586
    6. 56335370
    7. 52512853
    8. 45964223
    9. 35250470

The alliance at number one got over 1 billion resources. At number 2 is 155 million in resources. So the number 1 alliance in robbers, has gotten 7 times as much resources as the number 2 alliance. My alliance is at number 9.
    Below is the reason that Travian Games won't bann players for using the Tor browser.

================================================== ===================================
    thank you for your email.

The use of proxies/TOR in on its own is not a violation of our rules, unless while doing so other game rules are being violated, like operating more than one account, or using tools that alter the user interface or influence the gameplay.

Many of our players use proxies / TOR in order to access the game, when they are playing from places where it otherwise wouldn't be possible, like certain countries, work places, etc. That is why we would not ban their use. We will however keep investing all of the resources available to us into fighting any rules violations on our servers. If you, or any player, suspects such a violation, please report it to the Multihunter team, so that we can investigate the case and act accordingly.

Kind regards,
    Lory

Customer Service - Team Management
    ================================================== ==================================

And yet Travian Games wants us to continue to buy gold. Now why buy gold, when a player can just use the Tor browser to cheat. What countries are they talking about? North Korea? Most countries that won't allow it's people to play Travian, probably don't have that many people on the internet to begin with.

What countries are they talking about? North Korea? Most countries that won't allow it's people to play Travian, probably don't have that many people on the internet to begin with.
    You are apparently not aware that the middle east is the most active area of Travian players.
    Also, I am kind of confused why you keep bringing up problems you seem to be having on the .com domain on the .us forums.

The reason that I post the problems here, is that I haven't registered on the com forum. This is my first time playing on the com server. As for the middle east being the most active area. That may be true, but with the Tor browser, you are also having lots of cheating taking place. To the MH, it may not look like cheating. And if nothing is done, then you will see more people stop playing, or you might see more people cheat.

This idea does not involve a new troop type, or a new tribe. This is about making it harder to cheat.

The reason that I post the problems here, is that I haven't registered on the com
    I suggest you go an register and then whine there.

It would do no good, he would be immediately permabanned for bringing up the issue and it is an issue, a huge issue, but they refuse to even acknowledge they have an issue.
    Note:Any posts made by this poster should always be construed in the most innocent angelic way possible. The poster is not responsible for where your depraved minds go, if you have a depraved mind.

Our Lady of Croppers ~Semper DOS~ ~Viva Toons~ || This area intentionally left blank. || The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity ~ Harlan Ellison

It would do no good, he would be immediately permabanned for bringing up the issue and it is an issue, a huge issue, but they refuse to even acknowledge they have an issue.
    That may be so, but complaining about it on this forum is like going to your local Walmart and telling the cashier you don't like the pharmacy hours of a different Walmart 50 miles away. The cashier may smile and nod, but nothing is going to change because of the conversation.
    Last edited by Tineren; 01-03-2014 at 05:04 PM.

Not so much an issue of using Tor as them not bothering to do decent MH'ing. There are much easier and safer ways to make multis after all. I won't go into details, but if you want to know Flossie, you know where to find me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurtz View Post
    Not so much an issue of using Tor as them not bothering to do decent MH'ing. There are much easier and safer ways to make multis after all. I won't go into details, but if you want to know Flossie, you know where to find me.
    I tried that excuse once but the MH wasn't buying my multiple personality disorder defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurtz View Post
    I suggest you go an register and then whine there.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Flossie Schmumpus again. We'll just say that this is early September on the last rep given.

But on the receiving end of such things, it doesn't pay to complain at .com.
    Retired as of 10/13/14 after 7 and a half years of playing. Good luck to those who continue to play.
    us2; Round 6 - Adjudicator (Getter) (BACON) (Lost)
    us3; Round 2 - stevo (Getter) (QoD) (Lost)
    us3; Round 3 - stemem (Getter) (SI) (Won)
    us3; Round 4 - BliZZarD (Getter) (Delicious) (lost)
    us3; Round 5 - Ice Lillies (Getter) (DoS) (Semper DoS)
    us3; Round 7 - Revolt (Getter) (SI) (Won)
    us8; Round 1 - Heavenly Wrath (Getter) (TNT) (won)
    com3; Round ? - General Mills (Getter) (ReD DoS/TWD) (Lost)

I also play on the .com T3.6 server.And it has been one very blizzard server to say the least.
    this will be my 3rd.com server in on,all T3.
    Now the Russian(Best) have their own personal farming and defense alliances.yes it is very obvious to everyone but the MH.
    From day one they used throw away accounts to benefit their main accounts. Angels,Fu and friends are putting up a good fight still,but Valhala and allies are joining with the Best and maybe Saac.. thats 3 quads.

would not surprise me to see a lot of back stabbing in endgame.Now a few things need to be done before we lose more players
    that play the classics.

1.Have more than one T3.6 server going at a time.start 3 at different times of the year.
    2.clean up the cheating,the 2nd .com server I played on had a whole alliance get banned at the end of the server for having their own personal farming alliance.

oh the .com forum are crap,user getting banned all the time.trolls post mostly these day.
    Really the .com servers and forums are in bad shape.

cheers
    JJ