Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A "Farewell" and a "Hello"

Default A "Farewell" and a "Hello"

People of Travian,

Over the past six years I have had the true privilege of taking many different roles across Travian, both in the US and overseas. For the last four of those years that has meant looking after our US domain. It has all been a fantastic experience which I have enjoyed tremendously; we have both a amazing community and a great team of volunteers working to support it. Over those four years I have seen many changes and have had the chance to talk to a great number of you, all of which has been personally rewarding. Sadly, however, all good things must come to an end and so I have reluctantly decided to resign as your Community Manager. I just want to say a massive "Thank You" to everyone I've had the chance to interact with over the past 6 years, all of you who make Travian everything that it is.

However, all is not lost! I am also very happy to tell you that your new Community Manager will be Minke, who is currently working as the Community Manager for Rail Nation .COM. I am sure she will do a fantastic job and will take the domain to new and exiting places. I will let her introduce herself below, but please be gentle with her whilst she learns our funny ways.

This change has been planned for a couple of months now but could only be announced now that the details have been finalized, however it is effective immediately. Starting right now a new face will be looking after you all and any issues you may have.

I'll leave this thread open for comments for a while so that you can all welcome her here.

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Jamie

|Travian Manual|Forum Rules|Server Rules|
    "Veni, Vidi, Victus sum"

Hello everyone,

A small introduction about me, I’m Minke and I’m taking over from Jamie as your new Community Manager. I have been working for Travian Games a couple of years now and I started as a volunteer in the beginning working my way up the ladder. At this moment I work in different areas for the company such as social media, and translations but being a Community Manager is the biggest part of it.

I really enjoy this job and I’m looking forward in getting to know this community and it’s volunteers and members. I’ve heard some great things already!

We, as a team will keep working on providing an excellent level of service and inform you with all the latest information regarding this domain. If you have any concerns or questions be sure to contact me or one of the crew members.

Thank you Jamie for all your time and efforts you gave to this community. It is much appreciated. I wish you all the best in everything you will be doing in the future. Thank you once again.

Minke

Hi Minke and welcome. Where are you from?

Hi there,

Currently still living in The Netherlands were I was born, soon to move to New Zealand. Thank you for your welcome

Minke

Welcome to the US domain!!
    US1- ???

Quote Originally Posted by Minke View Post
    Hello everyone,

A small introduction about me, I’m Minke and I’m taking over from Jamie as your new Community Manager. I have been working for Travian Games a couple of years now and I started as a volunteer in the beginning working my way up the ladder. At this moment I work in different areas for the company such as social media, and translations but being a Community Manager is the biggest part of it.

I really enjoy this job and I’m looking forward in getting to know this community and it’s volunteers and members. I’ve heard some great things already!

We, as a team will keep working on providing an excellent level of service and inform you with all the latest information regarding this domain. If you have any concerns or questions be sure to contact me or one of the crew members.

Thank you Jamie for all your time and efforts you gave to this community. It is much appreciated. I wish you all the best in everything you will be doing in the future. Thank you once again.

Minke
    I've heard good things about you. I look forward to a new and more hands on style of admining.

You know I love you Jamie, but you've been a lazy bugger recently.

Either way, welcome Minke. Hope you enjoy these forums. We're an unruly bunch, so you'll certainly not get bored.

Take care, Jamie.

Welcome, Minke.

I'll miss you Jamie
    http://imageshack.us/a/img690/5194/m...crewmember.jpg
    s7 r1 - Quinnito/KWC (Gemini) s7 r2 - Kazumodo (frenchmaids) s7 r3 Smokey
    s1 r3 - Nemain (DSP)
    s5x - Pootang (DB!)

Farewell Jamie, and best of luck.

Well hello there Minke. :3

Bye Jamie. Thanks for your work. Welcome Minke!

Good luck Jamie.

Mmmm fresh meat. Fur is murder mink.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron D'Holbach View Post
    You should quote yourself. It's like liking your Facebook status or high-fiving yourself in the mirror.

It's what I would do if I didn't have to keep mine exactly how it is for madsquirrels and erazer.

Oh! I've never been allowed to post in the announcement thread, before!
    Also: Hi Minke, do you like tacos?

Farewell Jamie, Good luck where ever life takes you.

Hello Minke, Welcome aboard.
    Retired as of 10/13/14 after 7 and a half years of playing. Good luck to those who continue to play.
    us2; Round 6 - Adjudicator (Getter) (BACON) (Lost)
    us3; Round 2 - stevo (Getter) (QoD) (Lost)
    us3; Round 3 - stemem (Getter) (SI) (Won)
    us3; Round 4 - BliZZarD (Getter) (Delicious) (lost)
    us3; Round 5 - Ice Lillies (Getter) (DoS) (Semper DoS)
    us3; Round 7 - Revolt (Getter) (SI) (Won)
    us8; Round 1 - Heavenly Wrath (Getter) (TNT) (won)
    com3; Round ? - General Mills (Getter) (ReD DoS/TWD) (Lost)

Quote Originally Posted by 5m4llP0X View Post
    Oh! I've never been allowed to post in the announcement thread, before!
    Also: Hi Minke, do you like tacos?
    This thread was left open for a bit on purpose, Poxie. And we have not warned her about your special tacos yet.
    Ever wonder what happens when anvils get bored? Oops! http://gyazo.com/8a0b7655be4e244ce1cfd0b24130a7f1

Hurray! Everyone has now quit. I can finally rest in peace.

I'm more a fan of Italian food anyways, so no special taco's for me

Thank you everyone for the welcome

Minke

I'm more a fan of Italian food anyways, so no special taco's for me

Thank you everyone for the welcome

Minke
    Where you're going you'd better love sheep.

Good bye Jamie and good luck in your endeavors.

Welcome to the zoo Minke. I will try to be good and respectful.
    Note:Any posts made by this poster should always be construed in the most innocent angelic way possible. The poster is not responsible for where your depraved minds go, if you have a depraved mind.

Our Lady of Croppers ~Semper DOS~ ~Viva Toons~ || This area intentionally left blank. || The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity ~ Harlan Ellison

Quote Originally Posted by Flossie Schmumpus View Post
    I will try to be good and respectful.
    Don't believe her Minke. She's evil. Evil I tells you!

Does this mean I can perma Jamie now?

Quote Originally Posted by playingwithfire View Post
    This thread was left open for a bit on purpose, Poxie. And we have not warned her about your special tacos yet.
    That's PB&J sammiches, not tacos.

Welcome stranger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurtz View Post
    We learnt ... from [Kimmie]!
    Quote Originally Posted by FA Belladonna View Post
    Kurtz, the horse is dead, please stop beating it.

Want me to use my sad puppy eyes on her?

Quote Originally Posted by kabooja View Post
    Want me to use my sad puppy eyes on her?
    Have they ever really worked? Really?

I have only recently acquired such said technique. I hope I'm doing it right...

Quote Originally Posted by kabooja View Post
    I have only recently acquired such said technique. I hope I'm doing it right...
    Her evil is pervasive though. It may just poke those eyes out!

You can trust me.....just ask anyone....

Quote Originally Posted by Jacana View Post
    Does this mean I can perma Jamie now?
    YES!

That's PB&J sammiches, not tacos.
    To be avoided at all costs...do not even think about them. Forget you ever heard of the them....nothing to see here move along.

I am currently plying Kabie with coffee and Nussgipfli and tucking her in with a blankets and making sure she has enough pillows.....what do you think?

PS....want some scotch....I have the good stuff.
    Note:Any posts made by this poster should always be construed in the most innocent angelic way possible. The poster is not responsible for where your depraved minds go, if you have a depraved mind.

Our Lady of Croppers ~Semper DOS~ ~Viva Toons~ || This area intentionally left blank. || The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity ~ Harlan Ellison

That whisky has a lovely peaty taste. Would do perfectly with flambéed kitten tails.

You can trust me.....just ask anyone....

YES!

To be avoided at all costs...do not even think about them. Forget you ever heard of the them....nothing to see here move along.

I am currently plying Kabie with coffee and Nussgipfli and tucking her in with a blankets and making sure she has enough pillows.....what do you think?

What if she wants something else? Like tea?

That whisky has a lovely peaty taste. Would do perfectly with flambéed kitten tails.
    Here, let me poor you a generous measure, my sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by ECH0 View Post
    What if she wants something else? Like tea?
    I do not know yet if you should be allowed to serve tea.

Here, let me poor you a generous measure, my sweet.

I do not know yet if you should be allowed to serve tea.
    You don't trust me?

m.hudson

Thanks jamie and all the best for the future. Its been great working alongside you as a CM.

Minke good luck (think you might need it)

Sad, sad news.. even though we all knew it was going to come to an end sooner or later.. I always wanted to be a Moderator in the future with Jamie still being admin as he is my best buddy! He's definitely one of my favorite people I've ever met online, only two others are ranked up there with him.

He has been such a great friend to me, always talking to me whether I'm happy, sad, annoying, angry, ect. He's always there for me and I really appreciate him! He's very kind and funny, and just an altogether awesome person! He never really got the respect he deserved though from these forums that he has been on and helping for years. I, personally, think he was like the best admin ever. You's may not all agree on that, but hey, you's have your opinions and I have my own. Nobody will ever top him as Admin/Community Manager in my book, no offense to you Minke, I'm sure you'll be a fine Community Manager.

Jamie always helped me with Travian related problems and never has he been rude to me whilst talking on IRC, the forum or anytime at all. He's always patient and willing to listen and to try to explain/fix the problem. It's really sad knowing that if I start back up on Travian and have anymore problems that I will not be able to get him to help me with them, but instead go to someone else for help. (Again I mean no offense to the new Community Manager).

One thing though, Jamie best keep in contact, whether it be through IRC, Skype, the forums or whatever! I still expect to see him around! It's bad enough we lose him as Admin, I don't plan on losing him as a friend. & I don't think he plans on staying away either, I know Jamie and he's someone who will always be there. Very nice and loyal to his friends, sure.. I've never met him in real life, but there's always time for that in the future! Besides, I don't need to, to know that he's a wonderful person. He's one person that I have a lot of respect for and appreciate very much.

So Jamie, Fighter1405... there's something I want to say and that is THANK YOU.. thank you very much for all the effort you put in, all the time of helping us.. some of us "whiny little brats" about forum/game related problems, ect.. thank you for putting up with us for this long. You made this forum great with your personality and Community Manager touch. Hopefully it continues to stay great with the new admin, and the rest of the crew which best not slack off now I'm sure Minke will do great! Especially if you chose her, then that says a lot.

I guess I should probably stop rambling on, was going to make a thread of Jamie's leaving to say all our goodbyes but didn't realize this one would be open for comments so it's not needed. Anyways I should stop rambling so just need to say a few more quick things.. Hello Minke! Welcome aboard, I hope the trolls don't tease you too much and that you'll be happy being the Community Manager here, and Farewell to you Jamie, I won't say goodbye as this isn't quite goodbye. You'll still be around! To me.. goodbye is forever, bye is only for a short period of time.. atleast that's how I look at it, so bye Jamie!

You'll be missed as our Community Manager/Admin!

Good luck in life and hugs to you, Jamie.
    Last edited by Duskiee; 11-09-2013 at 07:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by m.hudson View Post
    Thanks jamie and all the best for the future. Its been great working alongside you as a CM.

Minke good luck (think you might need it)
    Shhh, don't tell her about me. Let it be a surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by playingwithfire View Post
    The Taco's actually belong to me! Poxxy just runs my pr campaign for the fair treatment of them!

BTW...
    Good Luck to you Jamie!!
    The power of Murdok......
    wow i love that Murdok guy he ain't even a Mh anymore but i am still scared he will ban me lol

... Reputation and respect are earned, not given, no matter how big your ban-stick may be. He ain't no Murdok.

Quote Originally Posted by ECH0 View Post
    You don't trust me?
    Um...yes...yes I do trust you.

Shhh, don't tell her about me. Let it be a surprise.
    My dear Lord Pox, please stop being so humble. Rise to your true position of power as the all powerful deity you are.

ps. Poxy is an angel in the making. Do not let him fool you.

Quote Originally Posted by Murdok View Post
    The Taco's actually belong to me! Poxxy just runs my pr campaign for the fair treatment of them!

BTW...
    Good Luck to you Jamie!!
    Murdy is another angel in waiting. Check out the fabulous Taco thread in the usX forum. (No, I do not know what it is still doing there....perhaps a kind person could rehome it on s1 where it really belongs...the cretins on usX know not what they have)

Minke, do not be shy...we don't bite....much. Most of us have had our shots.

I do want to talk to you about the title community manager, it is highly offensive.

Beware the unholy trinity! The Lord P0x, the Poxy ghost and the..... scabby son?

Um...yes...yes I do trust you.

My dear Lord Pox, please stop being so humble. Rise to your true position of power as the all powerful deity you are.

Murdy is another angel in waiting. Check out the fabulous Taco thread in the usX forum. (No, I do not know what it is still doing there....perhaps a kind person could rehome it on s1 where it really belongs...the cretins on usX know not what they have)

Minke, do not be shy...we don't bite....much. Most of us have had our shots.

I do want to talk to you about the title community manager, it is highly offensive.
    Good for a minute you had me worried there.

Thanks everyone for the welcome and positive messages regarding Jamie, great to read all of this.

@ Flossie
    You feel the title is highly offensive, it's just a title. You can call me Minke and I'm sure that's not offensive, at least I don't try to be. But on the other hand 'Minke' is a type of whale so maybe I should feel offended then?

You've lost me.

Minke

But on the other hand 'Minke' is a type of whale so maybe I should feel offended then?