Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moderators Have Multiple Accounts?

Default Moderators Have Multiple Accounts?

How come moderators are allowed to have multiple accounts?

Quote Originally Posted by Sapient View Post
    How come moderators are allowed to have multiple accounts?
    New rule, they have to.

Quote Originally Posted by cofc View Post
    New rule, they have to.
    ^This

We have a new work account to handle any and all official Travian business, and our old private account for our day to day forum usage.

Quote Originally Posted by Mod Gotmilk View Post
    ^This

We have a new work account to handle any and all official Travian business, and our old private account for our day to day forum usage.
    Yup, the work accounts will be under our old name, with our personal accounts getting new names. (with the exception of Kabooja, who is a very new mod).

Well, I liked them only having one account, It was a lot more fun with mods being able to actually get into the discussions. This just puts us in line further with .com, who has by far the worst leadership I have ever seen....Way to go travian, anger your fan base.
    Retired as of 10/13/14 after 7 and a half years of playing. Good luck to those who continue to play.
    us2; Round 6 - Adjudicator (Getter) (BACON) (Lost)
    us3; Round 2 - stevo (Getter) (QoD) (Lost)
    us3; Round 3 - stemem (Getter) (SI) (Won)
    us3; Round 4 - BliZZarD (Getter) (Delicious) (lost)
    us3; Round 5 - Ice Lillies (Getter) (DoS) (Semper DoS)
    us3; Round 7 - Revolt (Getter) (SI) (Won)
    us8; Round 1 - Heavenly Wrath (Getter) (TNT) (won)
    com3; Round ? - General Mills (Getter) (ReD DoS/TWD) (Lost)

Among your myelinating glia-oligodendrocytes

Technically, one of the accounts belongs to TG, but cofc is correct. Those of you who have accounts on other TG forums will already be familiar with this set up.

In the future, when we bring on a new mod they will pick a name for their official TG account. It will be up to each individual whether or not they disclose who they are privately.

If you have any further questions feel free to send me a PM.

Yes Bella, i am familiar with it, and well, to be honest, I hate it there and will continue to do so here. What makes this forum great is that we know nearly everyone, including the mods. Hate to use this term, but a lot of us here have become, well, a close nit community (When even then, the cops know everyone in these communities -.-. Now we have a 1984 secret police. Doesn't make sense to me.
    Retired as of 10/13/14 after 7 and a half years of playing. Good luck to those who continue to play.
    us2; Round 6 - Adjudicator (Getter) (BACON) (Lost)
    us3; Round 2 - stevo (Getter) (QoD) (Lost)
    us3; Round 3 - stemem (Getter) (SI) (Won)
    us3; Round 4 - BliZZarD (Getter) (Delicious) (lost)
    us3; Round 5 - Ice Lillies (Getter) (DoS) (Semper DoS)
    us3; Round 7 - Revolt (Getter) (SI) (Won)
    us8; Round 1 - Heavenly Wrath (Getter) (TNT) (won)
    com3; Round ? - General Mills (Getter) (ReD DoS/TWD) (Lost)

I get the having a second account that is property of the company. Smart business there.
    However, going anonymous is bad bad bad and shows a serious lack of trust.
    Quote Originally Posted by gebne View Post
    St. Chak, glorious atelier, faithful servant and bearer of thong,
    the stain of the troll has caused you to be forgotten by many,
    but the true forum invokes you universally as the patron of things despised of;
    pray for me, that finally I may receive the alterations and the couture of thongs in all my fripperies, ornamentations, and trimmings,
    particularly those of purple hue, and that I may read Chak with the thong throughout Eternity.

Just to note that this is also being discussed from this post and on.

Quote Originally Posted by Belladonna View Post
    Technically, one of the accounts belongs to TG, but cofc is correct. Those of you who have accounts on other TG forums will already be familiar with this set up.

In the future, when we bring on a new mod they will pick a name for their official TG account. It will be up to each individual whether or not they disclose who they are privately.

If you have any further questions feel free to send me a PM.
    The anonymous part is ripe with chances for abuse.

Philosopher Principal Brian Lewis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ???? View Post
    Yes Bella, i am familiar with it, and well, to be honest, I hate it there and will continue to do so here. What makes this forum great is that we know nearly everyone, including the mods. Hate to use this term, but a lot of us here have become, well, a close nit community (When even then, the cops know everyone in these communities -.-. Now we have a 1984 secret police. Doesn't make sense to me.
    Can you explain how this will kill the forum at all, and or why you think comparing it to 1984 will do anything? That's just super childish. .Com already sucked well before they switched to having separate work accounts, and honestly if you can't figure out who the mods private accounts are, you clearly didn't know them before anyway so it really isn't any different.

Quote Originally Posted by Principal Brian Lewis View Post
    Can you explain how this will kill the forum at all, and or why you think comparing it to 1984 will do anything? That's just super childish. .Com already sucked well before they switched to having separate work accounts, and honestly if you can't figure out who the mods private accounts are, you clearly didn't know them before anyway so it really isn't any different.
    Unless you change your name and picture, Gotmilk.

The forum users have been asking for transparency for the modding, this is a step in the opposite direction, this further hides the connection of who is doing what, leading to even less accountability for the mods' actions.
    Note:Any posts made by this poster should always be construed in the most innocent angelic way possible. The poster is not responsible for where your depraved minds go, if you have a depraved mind.

Our Lady of Croppers ~Semper DOS~ ~Viva Toons~ || This area intentionally left blank. || The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity ~ Harlan Ellison

Quote Originally Posted by Flossie Schmumpus View Post
    this further hides the connection of who is doing what, leading to even less accountability for the mods' actions.
    Except this isn't true, at all. Nothing has changed on the mod side of the spectrum. The only change is mods have personal accounts now. If I warn you, I'll be warning you from "SMod Conundrum". How on earth is that anonymous?

LOL

This is the dumbest thing I've seen in a long time

LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokchick View Post
    OMG, Wodey found a woman who agrees with him. He must be right, cos all women are always right all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeannie Gold View Post
    Except this isn't true, at all. Nothing has changed on the mod side of the spectrum. The only change is mods have personal accounts now. If I warn you, I'll be warning you from "SMod Conundrum". How on earth is that anonymous?
    You do realize you are in the last group of mods to have a connection to the forums, simply because you were able to transfer your regular account to your mod account and make a new regular account. In the future, as I understand it, you will not be given this option but given a new mod account. Currently it is up to you whether you want to reveal your regular account name or not....I can see that in the near future that option will not be available and while you may know ModX gave you a warning or infraction, you will have no idea about the person behind the name, in fact several people could be sharing the account, much like MHs do. I see the writing on the wall. Funny how we are not allowed to use the term **** in the forums, TG is acting more and more like them.
    Note:Any posts made by this poster should always be construed in the most innocent angelic way possible. The poster is not responsible for where your depraved minds go, if you have a depraved mind.

Our Lady of Croppers ~Semper DOS~ ~Viva Toons~ || This area intentionally left blank. || The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity ~ Harlan Ellison

Funny how we are not allowed to use the term **** in the forums, TG is acting more and more like them.
    But you are allowed to use the word Stasi. Which is actually more how they're acting.

**** is clearly the most telling about the politics of that party.
    Last edited by Formor Smod; 11-20-2013 at 06:01 PM. Reason: filter

Unless you change your name and picture, Gotmilk.
    I have the same signature, post count, and this account is linked to a skype named gotmilk3895, if you can't figure out who I am, that isn't my fault.

You do realize you are in the last group of mods to have a connection to the forums, simply because you were able to transfer your regular account to your mod account and make a new regular account. In the future, as I understand it, you will not be given this option but given a new mod account. Currently it is up to you whether you want to reveal your regular account name or not....I can see that in the near future that option will not be available and while you may know ModX gave you a warning or infraction, you will have no idea about the person behind the name, in fact several people could be sharing the account, much like MHs do. I see the writing on the wall. Funny how we are not allowed to use the term **** in the forums, TG is acting more and more like them.
    1. Most of this post is wrong

2. Are you really comparing us having two separate accounts to **** Germany? Yeah, that seems totally reasonable, and not at all ridiculous...

I'm not sure which is funnier, the wrongheaded attempts at 'community management' or that TG actually thinks it is worth putting time and effort into. If y'all are into that ****, just port to getSatisfaction so we can use topic emoticons to convey the general mood
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokchick View Post
    OMG, Wodey found a woman who agrees with him. He must be right, cos all women are always right all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeannie Gold View Post
    And they can rename their personal accounts.
    And they can multi account.

So how many times can you change your account name? Once? Infinite? Can you post today, and then change over to the workaholics characters tomorrow? Can you take my name except changing the capitalization of the first letter? Who are mod gotmilk and Smod conundrum, those names no longer exist on this forum. They are literally tied to nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshyyy View Post
    There is some serious misquoting potential above.
    The rep system should be abolished.

Actually, the idea of making the mods 1 large account might not be so bad.
    I really don't see the need to know who gave you the warning/ban, then again I've always preached a higher level of uniformity in the moderating. If you have a complaint with said infraction you should be dealing with the mods so that if it is not resolved to your liking you can speak to the next in command and show you've gone through the proper channels.
    This also means when the stupid noobs go to derp mods 'because they can' no one really gives a **** about it. Whereas before, I know many of them have stopped bothering to post because every time they do they're met with a sea of red. This personal account also allows the moderators to join in conversations without fear of HQ taking comments out of context and accusing them of 'not properly representing the company'.

Quote Originally Posted by 5m4llP0X View Post
    I really don't see the need to know who gave you the warning/ban, then again I've always preached a higher level of uniformity in the moderating. If you have a complaint with said infraction you should be dealing with the mods so that if it is not resolved to your liking you can speak to the next in command and show you've gone through the proper channels.
    This also means when the stupid noobs go to derp mods 'because they can' no one really gives a **** about it. Whereas before, I know many of them have stopped bothering to post because every time they do they're met with a sea of red. This personal account also allows the moderators to join in conversations without fear of HQ taking comments out of context and accusing them of 'not properly representing the company'.
    That sea of red might have to do with the fact that responding to a mod is often a bannable offence.

This personal account also allows the moderators to join in conversations without fear of HQ taking comments out of context and accusing them of 'not properly representing the company'.
    Which is a load of crap once 1 single person knows who they are. They're still the face no matter if they have a mod account and a "multi" account or not.

It will merely be the people that aren't overly active on the forums that don't know who they are and those are the ones that transparency is most sorely needed for.

That sea of red might have to do with the fact that responding to a mod is often a bannable offence.
    I respond to mod comments all the time. You must actually be breaking the rules, man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurtz View Post
    Which is a load of crap once 1 single person knows who they are. They're still the face no matter if they have a mod account and a "multi" account or not.
    It will merely be the people that aren't overly active on the forums that don't know who they are and those are the ones that transparency is most sorely needed for.
    Not according to HQ.
    Last edited by 5m4llP0X; 11-20-2013 at 06:14 PM.

I respond to mod comments all the time. You must actually be breaking the rules, man.
    You are also a former mod who likes to white knight, man.

Breaking the rules is a bannable offense, it has nothing to do with who you respond too.

^

Breaking the rules is a bannable offense, it has nothing to do with who you respond too.

^
    It would be better if those posts we are not allowed to respond to are marked as such in the message.

It is bad, if only for accountability within the staff. If everybody is using the same account, there's no way for the admins to know who is doing what.

This also means when the stupid noobs go to derp mods 'because they can' no one really gives a **** about it.
    This brings up another point... mod accounts are not able to give rep right now, but they should probably also be set so that they can't receive rep either.

And, peeps, this isn't the first time this has come up... there were talks about doing this same thing back when I was a mod. In fact, I think my 'personal' account is still floating around, from before the idea got scrapped at the time.

In a sea of bad ideas, this one is horrible. Huge step backwards.

edit: it never occurred to me that there might be absolutely no choice in this. My apologies if I seemed an ***. I still think it's a horrible idea, but have a better idea on where to cast my 'evil eye' cursing at.
    Last edited by Dan Chak; 11-20-2013 at 06:36 PM. Reason: cuz the moon told me to and it's watching us right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by gebne View Post
    St. Chak, glorious atelier, faithful servant and bearer of thong,
    the stain of the troll has caused you to be forgotten by many,
    but the true forum invokes you universally as the patron of things despised of;
    pray for me, that finally I may receive the alterations and the couture of thongs in all my fripperies, ornamentations, and trimmings,
    particularly those of purple hue, and that I may read Chak with the thong throughout Eternity.

You are also a former mod who likes to white knight, man.
    You are also a repeat rule breaker who likes to whine on the forums whenever he gets what he deserves.
    It would be better if those posts we are not allowed to respond to are marked as such in the message.
    You just responded to a message and didn't get banned--your point is now invalidated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Woden View Post
    It is bad, if only for accountability within the staff. If everybody is using the same account, there's no way for the admins to know who is doing what.
    Which is why I am an advocate for uniformity of moderating, but that's more of a pipe dream.
    Quote Originally Posted by Woden View Post
    This brings up another point... mod accounts are not able to give rep right now, but they should probably also be set so that they can't receive rep either.
    That works, as well. But there are a lot of things we need to look at when it comes to rep.

You are also a repeat rule breaker who likes to whine on the forums whenever he gets what he deserves.

You just responded to a message and didn't get banned--your point is now invalidated.
    Actually no, I proved the hypocrisy already to you.

That was not a mod account.

Actually no, I proved the hypocrisy already to you.

That was not a mod account.
    No, you've shown that you have nothing but contempt for the rules and people in charge and love to spend copious amounts of time on the forums either passive-aggressively or outright pissing and moaning about said rules you get in trouble for breaking.

-32 degrees latitude, free, safe and warm

Actually, as unpopular as this is, I don't think it is a terrible idea. Mods do what mods do and if they can't participate in the forum as ordinary users then who would want to be a mod? I am one of the newer users here, and I know I DO look at mod accounts differently. In particular, if they say stupid things in a general discussion, I am far less likely to sit back and just accept an infraction.
    I don't know who the particular MH is when I'm in game, and I don't think that matters much. Why should it here? If you don't like what a mod does, you do whatever. If you don't like what one of their personal accounts says, you treat it like anyone else. Presumably the mod accounts will only show up on mod business anyway, so the rest of the time, they can just be users.

You have a bunch of volunteers doing a job which makes your forum work. I would never do it, because I have a personal rule against working for millionaires for free, but giving them the option to participate in the forum as ordinary users doesn't seem so bad. .com forum is terrible, but not because of this rule at all. If you think that, then you haven't been there.

I think there is a lot of "hate rules for hate rules sake" at work here as well as misplaced righteous indignation.
    I'm glad I'm not judgemental like all you smug, superficial idiots

I have the same signature, post count, and this account is linked to a skype named gotmilk3895, if you can't figure out who I am, that isn't my fault.

1. Most of this post is wrong
    Which part of that post is wrong? Most of that post is personal opinion. The part in red and or brown might be wrong because I am imparting what I was given to understand elsewhere. I was given to understand in the future new mods would have a new mod ID not connected to their regular forum ID, I do not know if you got to choose to keep your old/current mod ID or return it to regular status. The rest of the post is my opinion on where this is leading to. I have been around these forums a long time, I have seen as they have become more and more alien and less responsive to the customer, I am simply stating in where this will end up.

2. Are you really comparing us having two separate accounts to **** Germany? Yeah, that seems totally reasonable, and not at all ridiculous...
    I suggest you learn to comprehend what you are reading. No where did I compare there being separate accounts to **** Germany, however I did compare giving mods total anonymity and the total removal of accountability and oversight from and of the general populace is a **** tactic.

Conun you are young and trusting. I am sorry to tell you just because it came from headquarters does not mean it is good. I do know you have to follow it and probably from what I know of TG, support it, but what they are doing here is wrong, I have no real issue with the separate accounts, what is wrong is what they will do with this separation. I know you trust them and do not see anything wrong, but for a forum that has consistently asked for more transparency and community oversight of the modding process, this is an opening of a door to a huge leap into darkness.

I also know that all my protest here or anywhere else will not matter. TG doesn't give a flying **** about its customers.

No, you've shown that you have nothing but contempt for the rules and people in charge and love to spend copious amounts of time on the forums either passive-aggressively or outright pissing and moaning about said rules you get in trouble for breaking.
    I absolutely have contempt for rules that are applied randomly, and inconsistently, yes.

My reactions to those things are reactions, not (p)reactions.

I absolutely have contempt for rules that are applied randomly, and inconsistently, yes.

My reactions to those things are reactions, not (p)reactions.
    Fix'd

I'm not surprised at all by this, now the mods not only get to abuse bans, edits and deleted threads, now they can abuse the rep system too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron D'Holbach View Post
    You should quote yourself. It's like liking your Facebook status or high-fiving yourself in the mirror.

It's what I would do if I didn't have to keep mine exactly how it is for madsquirrels and erazer.

Conun you are young and trusting. I am sorry to tell you just because it came from headquarters does not mean it is good. I do know you have to follow it and probably from what I know of TG, support it, but what they are doing here is wrong, I have no real issue with the separate accounts, what is wrong is what they will do with this separation. I know you trust them and do not see anything wrong, but for a forum that has consistently asked for more transparency and community oversight of the modding process, this is an opening of a door to a huge leap into darkness.

I also know that all my protest here or anywhere else will not matter. TG doesn't give a flying **** about its customers.
    I actually expect that he is for this given that he has consistently used his mod powers to screw with people he doesn't like or people whose opinions he doesn't agree with. Now anyone relatively new will not be able to tell.

Pox, when did you become such a mod kiss ***?
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron D'Holbach View Post
    You should quote yourself. It's like liking your Facebook status or high-fiving yourself in the mirror.

It's what I would do if I didn't have to keep mine exactly how it is for madsquirrels and erazer.