Thread: 2 Fast 2 Furious

http://tallraz.com/wp-content/upload...6042070689.png
    http://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_mtifihupun1rfbp0oo1.mp3#_=_
    Quote Originally Posted by Woden View Post
    See what you've done, modern day Republicans? You've made things so bad that I'm having to agree with Rokchick about something.

dude, the entire thing is a joke.

It goes to show that if its not on official legitimate news source, its not worth listening to.

Quote Originally Posted by travtool.com View Post
    dude, the entire thing is a joke.

It goes to show that if its not on official legitimate news source, its not worth listening to.
    Wah waaaaaah
    See what you've done, modern day Republicans? You've made things so bad that I'm having to agree with Rokchick about something.

Maybe they will stop making those terrible movies.

Anyone else find it somewhat funny that the star of so many Fast & Furious movies died in a speeding car?

Quote Originally Posted by 5m4llP0X View Post
    Anyone else find it somewhat funny that the star of so many Fast & Furious movies died in a speeding car?
    It's ironic.

According to Alanis Morissette yes. According to the definition of ironic, no.

"The edge of the world and all of Western civilization"

Quote Originally Posted by Babalu View Post
    Actually, this does qualify as situational irony.

"i·ro·ny1 [ahy-ruh-nee, ahy-er-]
    noun, plural i·ro·nies.
    the use of words to convey a meaning that is the opposite of its literal meaning: the irony of her reply, “How nice!” when I said I had to work all weekend.
    Literature.
    a.
    a technique of indicating, as through character or plot development, an intention or attitude opposite to that which is actually or ostensibly stated.
    b.
    (especially in contemporary writing) a manner of organizing a work so as to give full expression to contradictory or complementary impulses, attitudes, etc., especially as a means of indicating detachment from a subject, theme, or emotion.
    Socratic irony.
    dramatic irony.

an outcome of events contrary to what was, or might have been, expected.
    "

dictionary.reference.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Arnold View Post
    Now go on you, shoo!

Quote Originally Posted by 5m4llP0X View Post
    I did

About that...

Consul

Quote Originally Posted by kabooja View Post
    It's ironic.
    Isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by FTP View Post
    ...dictionary copy-pasta...
    Last edited by jdurand; 12-01-2013 at 11:19 PM.

There is nothing unexpected about a person known for driving cars realky fast dying in a car crash. in fact, its an entirely likely outcome.

"The edge of the world and all of Western civilization"

There is nothing unexpected about a person known for driving cars realky fast dying in a car crash. in fact, its an entirely likely outcome.
    Not as it is unrealistically portrayed in the movies. The characters pull all sorts of ridiculous stunts, and no harm ever comes to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Arnold View Post
    Now go on you, shoo!

If he had died in an old crappy car that was parked when he died, it would be ironic. But walker is a well known adrenaline junkie who was known for driving really fast and dangerous both on and off the set. Eventually doing that very dangerous thing resulted in his death. This death is about the most likely cause of death you can imagine for him. That is the exact opposite of irony. I suppose you thought it was ironic when dale earnheardt hit the wall and died?

If he had died in an old crappy car that was parked when he died, it would be ironic. But walker is a well known adrenaline junkie who was known for driving really fast and dangerous both on and off the set. Eventually doing that very dangerous thing resulted in his death. This death is about the most likely cause of death you can imagine for him. That is the exact opposite of irony. I suppose you thought it was ironic when dale earnheardt hit the wall and died?
    No that, too, was also funny.

He wasn't driving, though; he was the passenger. I'd say that that could qualify for irony.

If you stretched the meaning, maybe.
    Paul Walker was a race car driver as well as an actor. He had a greater knowledge of vehicles and what they can do than the average person. I don't think it was expected at all that he would die in a car crash coming from a charity event.
    Quote Originally Posted by gebne View Post
    St. Chak, glorious atelier, faithful servant and bearer of thong,
    the stain of the troll has caused you to be forgotten by many,
    but the true forum invokes you universally as the patron of things despised of;
    pray for me, that finally I may receive the alterations and the couture of thongs in all my fripperies, ornamentations, and trimmings,
    particularly those of purple hue, and that I may read Chak with the thong throughout Eternity.

Among your myelinating glia-oligodendrocytes

All I could think when I read the thread title was, "too soon."

So 2 car junkies, at least one of which is a speed freak but they probably both are, leave what is essentially a big party to go speeding down the road in a high end sports car. They lose control of the vehicle resulting in a fatal accident. This is officially the least ironic celebrity death since Chris Farley.

So 2 car junkies, at least one of which is a speed freak but they probably both are, leave what is essentially a big party to go speeding down the road in a high end sports car. They lose control of the vehicle resulting in a fatal accident. This is officially the least ironic celebrity death since Chris Farley.
    Don't mock Farley, man. When he died I ate a steak and prosciutto cheese sandwich in his name. No bread, just two New York Strips, Aged Gouda and tons of prosciutto.

This happened in the middle of the day.

I wouldn't dream of mocking Farley Pox, I was and still am a huge fan. But seriously, when the reports of his death came out, pretty much everyone on the planet said "Saw that one coming."