Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 121 to 160 of 168

Thread: Alliance Analysis 12/8/13

  1. #121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmie View Post
    We did this last server ... and it didn't ruin us at all. In fact, i got a great 15c out of it next to our WW
    Ahh, Kimmie, context, context context.

    First, let's discuss artifacts. Will you be going with a similar strategy as last round? I recall you focused nearly exclusively in attacks on small artifacts last round?

    Regarding last round, Kimmie, given the odds and differences in situations, do you think that your comment even has merit or were you just anxious to chime with even a hollow victory such as that given the situation?
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron D'Holbach View Post
    The sad part is, Flying Pumpkin's reveal is bigger news than the WW.
    Quote Originally Posted by fortress View Post
    ...I ethos'd it...
    Answers to common questions? Game help, Forum rules, Forum Rank, other great resources, and for new posters

  2. #122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lethaljimmy View Post
    Aku, You have never liked me because of the forum. I still respect you and think well of you but you are entitled to have an opinion and I am aware that I can not make everyone happy.
    Actually Jimmy, I neither like, nor dislike you. Usually, when you post something in the forums it is rather unintelligible, like it is exploding out of your head, without any thought given as to how it will turn out, or sound. I think the natural inclination I have towards your posts is generally confusion. The exception being if you post something that is a falsehood(on purpose, or by mistake), in which case you can be sure, if I have intel that says it's a falsehood I will step in as a kind hearted soul and correct you. It isn't easy to keep people on the straight and narrow.

    And please... Don't worry yourself over my happiness. I've got it handled, that's what beer and women are for.

  3. #123
    lethaljimmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Hoth
    Posts
    1,787

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingPumpkin View Post
    Then give him a challenge on artifacts. I know it's Kurtz and all, but it's no fun when he quits for boredom.

    Now, cat him off the server, that I would like to see and would be a great way to see him removed. However, you would not be the first to try this and many have ruined their alliances abilities to be effective in the pursuit of this goal.
    Yes Kurtz was already catted of s1 last round and proved to be little to no problem at all. Look up pooh corners from last round. In fact pox and stoli did most of the heavy lifting. Kurtz ran off and left them after he mouthed off in the forum.

  4. #124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lethaljimmy View Post
    Yes Kurtz was already catted of s1 last round and proved to be little to no problem at all. Look up pooh corners from last round. In fact pox and stoli did most of the heavy lifting. Kurtz ran off and left them after he mouthed off in the forum.
    He's on the same team so he'll do the same thing. Kimmie can have a 15c in the gray. There has not been a massive influx of good players to check out Birthday server. They all wanted to play on your team.

    You hit on one of the points pretty well though. You cannot bash Kurtz for being catted off without giving P0x and Stoli some credit. He'll probably delete right after artifacts too.

  5. #125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingPumpkin View Post
    Regarding last round, Kimmie, given the odds and differences in situations, do you think that your comment even has merit or were you just anxious to chime with even a hollow victory such as that given the situation?
    FP... c'mon, man. You know as well as I do that Kurtz has/had posted several times here how he always "wanted" to get catted off of a server. It isn't Kimmie's fault that circumstances led to that happening.

    If we are to brag about our accomplishments, we must be willing to acknowledge our failures. We beat them in R5, they beat our *** in R6. Remember, we played just as much a part in those "odds and differences" as they did, with our choice of strategy and shortcomings in diplomacy/recruitment.

    You may notice that no such group exists this round, similar to what we attempted last round. Probably a good reason for that...
    us1rd4 Gressor2 / Narwhal
    us1rd5 Elmo / RetrofitMID
    us1rd6 JL Picard
    us1rd7 Putin
    us5-AE Happy Gilmore

    Quote Originally Posted by bugzy View Post
    It's huggling when they do it, it's strategy when I do it.

  6. #126
    Consul Kurtz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The land of the ice and snow
    Posts
    24,821

    Default

    Yup there is a damn good reason. I should never have started the group again last round, but got talked into it. This round, I would not have tried even if people wanted me to.

  7. #127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bugzy View Post
    He's on the same team so he'll do the same thing. Kimmie can have a 15c in the gray. There has not been a massive influx of good players to check out Birthday server. They all wanted to play on your team.

    You hit on one of the points pretty well though. You cannot bash Kurtz for being catted off without giving P0x and Stoli some credit. He'll probably delete right after artifacts too.
    P0x and Stoli did everyone proud, great players to say the least.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gressor2 View Post
    If we are to brag about our accomplishments, we must be willing to acknowledge our failures. We beat them in R5, they beat our *** in R6. Remember, we played just as much a part in those "odds and differences" as they did, with our choice of strategy and shortcomings in diplomacy/recruitment.
    I could not agree with you more. Not really sure why you, Jimmy, and Kimmy keep trying to put Kurtz on so high of a platform. Now, I highlighted the important part to me. For me it should be more along the lines of "The worth of any accomplishment is the adversity you had to over come to achieve it."

    So, instead of continuing to blindly boost Kurtz ego, let's look at this accomplishment shall we?

    Quote Originally Posted by lethaljimmy View Post
    Largest alliance in players.
    #1.TBW 167
    #2. Ethos 163
    #3 PW&C 111
    #4 TRDNT 110
    #5 DS 57
    #6 TOONS 39
    Yes, this is from Jimmy's own posts from about the same time last server. Now, if memory serves, Jimmy and Kimmie were in PW&C. Kurtz was in Toons. I don't recall which metas were NOT attacking Toons last round, so the ratio of attackers to defenders was somewhere between 6:1 and 16:1.

    So, Gressor, you were quik to defend Jimmy's and Kimmie's pride in accomplishing this goal of getting Kurtz to delete from a server. Would you say this is justified? If so, how do you hope to achieve victory over someone so mighty? (I really hope your just misunderstanding the bent of my post, because this just seems silly)

    Jimmie and Kimmy, the colaboration you formed to achieve this was impressive. You talked many into working against their own self interests and managed to play it so your own meta capitalized from all of this. So, while not the most honorable approach, a truly well played move and well executed. You should take pride in that.

    However, on the note of taking pride in removing Kurtz account, I hope you are at least reconsidering that pride. Seriously, the more you talk that event up, the weaker you sound and the worse your present situation appears to your players.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron D'Holbach View Post
    The sad part is, Flying Pumpkin's reveal is bigger news than the WW.
    Quote Originally Posted by fortress View Post
    ...I ethos'd it...
    Answers to common questions? Game help, Forum rules, Forum Rank, other great resources, and for new posters

  8. #128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingPumpkin View Post
    P0x and Stoli did everyone proud, great players to say the least.



    I could not agree with you more. Not really sure why you, Jimmy, and Kimmy keep trying to put Kurtz on so high of a platform. Now, I highlighted the important part to me. For me it should be more along the lines of "The worth of any accomplishment is the adversity you had to over come to achieve it."

    So, instead of continuing to blindly boost Kurtz ego, let's look at this accomplishment shall we?



    Yes, this is from Jimmy's own posts from about the same time last server. Now, if memory serves, Jimmy and Kimmie were in PW&C. Kurtz was in Toons. I don't recall which metas were NOT attacking Toons last round, so the ratio of attackers to defenders was somewhere between 6:1 and 16:1.

    So, Gressor, you were quik to defend Jimmy's and Kimmie's pride in accomplishing this goal of getting Kurtz to delete from a server. Would you say this is justified? If so, how do you hope to achieve victory over someone so mighty? (I really hope your just misunderstanding the bent of my post, because this just seems silly)

    Jimmie and Kimmy, the colaboration you formed to achieve this was impressive. You talked many into working against their own self interests and managed to play it so your own meta capitalized from all of this. So, while not the most honorable approach, a truly well played move and well executed. You should take pride in that.

    However, on the note of taking pride in removing Kurtz account, I hope you are at least reconsidering that pride. Seriously, the more you talk that event up, the weaker you sound and the worse your present situation appears to your players.
    FP, Kimmie was in W&C, Jimmy was in Ethos already in a secret confed with TBW, they were pounding on Toons together. I don't know about TRDNT, I think they were equivalent of Augustus this round, big but a non event. Then they tried to do it to us, though Kimmie claimed that while they were involved in every op on us by the TBW/Ethos group it was always a coincidence. Mostly it was TBW and W&C doing the heavy lifting risking the hammers, which didn't really work out very well for them. While Jimmy sat in the NE, with TBW on one side as meat shields and W&C on the other side as lapdog, simming up hammers and defense.

  9. #129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingPumpkin View Post
    So, Gressor, you were quik to defend Jimmy's and Kimmie's pride in accomplishing this goal of getting Kurtz to delete from a server. Would you say this is justified? If so, how do you hope to achieve victory over someone so mighty? (I really hope your just misunderstanding the bent of my post, because this just seems silly)
    I'm not defending any pride in the statement. It is a simple fact, however the circumstances led to it coming about.

    I seem to remember Kurtz posting back in H&K that his goal was to be "catted off the server".
    Then the next round, in Toons, I seem to remember the same statement in posts.
    Then his enemies did it.

    If one does not desire to be catted off of a server, even by several enemies... then one should not post that as a goal... in a forum that contains several enemies.
    us1rd4 Gressor2 / Narwhal
    us1rd5 Elmo / RetrofitMID
    us1rd6 JL Picard
    us1rd7 Putin
    us5-AE Happy Gilmore

    Quote Originally Posted by bugzy View Post
    It's huggling when they do it, it's strategy when I do it.

  10. #130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NotanotherNoob View Post
    FP, Kimmie was in W&C, Jimmy was in Ethos already in a secret confed with TBW, they were pounding on Toons together. I don't know about TRDNT, I think they were equivalent of Augustus this round, big but a non event. Then they tried to do it to us, though Kimmie claimed that while they were involved in every op on us by the TBW/Ethos group it was always a coincidence. Mostly it was TBW and W&C doing the heavy lifting risking the hammers, which didn't really work out very well for them. While Jimmy sat in the NE, with TBW on one side as meat shields and W&C on the other side as lapdog, simming up hammers and defense.
    Thank you. I hadn't give it much thought in about a year, so hard to remember how it as all playing together.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kurtz View Post
    Yup there is a damn good reason. I should never have started the group again last round, but got talked into it. This round, I would not have tried even if people wanted me to.
    Yea, so many of us were planning on taking a break, despite others conceptions, natar wins are not easy afairs and it's rough on just about every account. You started off wanting that, then got talked into giving it another go. Of course, once you got talked into it, you were all for it.

    By the way Kurtz, hope you don't mind me putting a cap on your glory. I am sure a part of you was enjoying the pedestal and infamy various people have been making for you, just seemed rather silly to me. Your good which is telling by what it took to get your account off the server. However, no point making it into more then even that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron D'Holbach View Post
    The sad part is, Flying Pumpkin's reveal is bigger news than the WW.
    Quote Originally Posted by fortress View Post
    ...I ethos'd it...
    Answers to common questions? Game help, Forum rules, Forum Rank, other great resources, and for new posters

  11. #131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gressor2 View Post
    I seem to remember Kurtz posting back in H&K that his goal was to be "catted off the server".
    Then the next round, in Toons, I seem to remember the same statement in posts.
    Then his enemies did it.
    The original goal of TRU was to be catted off the server. We failed at that too.

  12. #132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingPumpkin View Post
    Jimmie and Kimmy, the colaboration you formed to achieve this was impressive. You talked many into working against their own self interests and managed to play it so your own meta capitalized from all of this. So, while not the most honorable approach, a truly well played move and well executed. You should take pride in that.

    However, on the note of taking pride in removing Kurtz account, I hope you are at least reconsidering that pride. Seriously, the more you talk that event up, the weaker you sound and the worse your present situation appears to your players.
    First, I think that this is misplaced. I know LJ, and while I am not a member of his fan club, I KNOW that he deserves MUCH more respect than he gets here.

    Jimmy didn't claim it was a huge accomplishment to take Kurtz out, only that it had been done - you were the one who said it would sink the team trying...

    Jimmy didn't suggest that Kurtz would do as last time around and bail after artis (that was mother)

    As a member of the ETHOS team, I can assure you quite clearly that the people he plays with do not think of LJ in the terms you suggest here, and while you have joined the chorus on the forum calling for his head - the remainder of the ETHOS team here on us1 DOES NOT think that their situation here is bad, or getting worse.

    I say this with a great deal of confidence, because while I am not one of the former ETHOS players who decided to stay with the team, the forum had EXACTLY 0% influence on that decision of mine. That is a similar ratio to the import of ANYTHING and EVERYTHING said here on the players from and currently in that group.

    The psychological warfare that happens here, and that your posts here exemplify, has no effect on people that don't read them, or care about the opinions of those who do. Which is worth remembering before we imagine or allow anything or everything said here to mean too much.
    90% of the game is half mental : What time is it? You mean now? - Yogi Berra

    Quote Originally Posted by bugzy View Post
    It's huggling when they do it, it's strategy when I do it.

  13. #133
    lethaljimmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Hoth
    Posts
    1,787

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NotanotherNoob View Post
    FP, Kimmie was in W&C, Jimmy was in Ethos already in a secret confed with TBW, they were pounding on Toons together. I don't know about TRDNT, I think they were equivalent of Augustus this round, big but a non event. Then they tried to do it to us, though Kimmie claimed that while they were involved in every op on us by the TBW/Ethos group it was always a coincidence. Mostly it was TBW and W&C doing the heavy lifting risking the hammers, which didn't really work out very well for them. While Jimmy sat in the NE, with TBW on one side as meat shields and W&C on the other side as lapdog, simming up hammers and defense.
    Nan, You are so far off the mark. I understand that you have been active in the forum and reading in here for accuracy. I also know that if travian tracked damage that I could back up more of what I was saying but lets be clear on several points. First off the majority of Toons were in the NE. There were a few in the NW and in the SE, but the majority of them were getting hit by Ethos. We had spoken with both the NW and the SE that things would be on hold while toons (the returning champs) were knocked off the server. This was a stratagy that was agreed on by all quads and I know will probably be the only comment in this write up you comment on. The heavy lifting on them was not in the other quads and the disdain for Ethos was not because we sat back and did nothing. You were in the SW and sat comfortably in the the hardest quad for us to attack. It did not mean that the simming was happening that is talked about in here and I defended by myself in the forum. Ethos was unliked because we kept pressure on toons and cut down every account out side of the core then moved in. No matter how it is spun it happened. Ethos chiefed and catted more toon accounts then any alliance on the server. It just worked in our favor that the accounts in the other quads were being pressured at the same time and was by design.

    I try to avoid this topic because it is rather unpopular with folks in the forum and I want to show some respect to the players that are very good people that were in the alliance but it gets to a point in here that things get very twisted. It gets old and to have DS commenting on issues like this when you guys were clearly outside of the battle and only saw the forum intel to back up the statements you are making.

    Quote Originally Posted by Titan V View Post
    First, I think that this is misplaced. I know LJ, and while I am not a member of his fan club
    I have a fan club? All I get is hate mail.

    While I know I do not get respect in the forum and that my grammar in here fails me. I am okay with it and I understand that I am misread based on my own representation. I have an ability to see the game at a from a perspective of a much larger scale that most people do not and for that I thank TRU for kicking my butt several years ago that forced me to dig in and look at things that could be worked on and THC (s6) for playing the exact same card I played last round. I will do anything and everything for the team that I am with and I know that the respect is only because it is given first and not demanded in return.

  14. #134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingPumpkin View Post
    Ahh, Kimmie, context, context context.

    First, let's discuss artifacts. Will you be going with a similar strategy as last round? I recall you focused nearly exclusively in attacks on small artifacts last round?

    Regarding last round, Kimmie, given the odds and differences in situations, do you think that your comment even has merit or were you just anxious to chime with even a hollow victory such as that given the situation?
    you said "you would not be the first to try this" and that it had ruined most who had tried. i was just stating that your comment didn't hold true for us. Not sure why you think that's a surprising or negative comment to make, given how inaccurate your comment was... for us.

    Pretty much nothing we do this round is similar to what we did last round. Always expect the unexpected... or does it then become expected?? hmm....



  15. #135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lethaljimmy View Post
    Nan, You are so far off the mark. I understand that you have been active in the forum and reading in here for accuracy. I also know that if travian tracked damage that I could back up more of what I was saying but lets be clear on several points. First off the majority of Toons were in the NE. There were a few in the NW and in the SE, but the majority of them were getting hit by Ethos. We had spoken with both the NW and the SE that things would be on hold while toons (the returning champs) were knocked off the server. This was a stratagy that was agreed on by all quads and I know will probably be the only comment in this write up you comment on. The heavy lifting on them was not in the other quads and the disdain for Ethos was not because we sat back and did nothing. You were in the SW and sat comfortably in the the hardest quad for us to attack. It did not mean that the simming was happening that is talked about in here and I defended by myself in the forum. Ethos was unliked because we kept pressure on toons and cut down every account out side of the core then moved in. No matter how it is spun it happened. Ethos chiefed and catted more toon accounts then any alliance on the server. It just worked in our favor that the accounts in the other quads were being pressured at the same time and was by design.

    I try to avoid this topic because it is rather unpopular with folks in the forum and I want to show some respect to the players that are very good people that were in the alliance but it gets to a point in here that things get very twisted. It gets old and to have DS commenting on issues like this when you guys were clearly outside of the battle and only saw the forum intel to back up the statements you are making.


    Yes, Jimmy, funny how we had 13 of the top 20 defenders in our group and they weren't a bunch of Toons. I believe Ethos had 1, was the WW holder. And you are very disrespectful to TBW as well, specially since they are the ones who actually took the win.

  16. #136
    lethaljimmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Hoth
    Posts
    1,787

    Default

    NAN, I cleared that comment up. You misdirected my quote. I was talking about the tread with people saying DS deserved the win and I believed that you did not. Nice try on the twist though.

  17. #137
    Merchant b4dm0therf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Bahstonia
    Posts
    1,367

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lethaljimmy View Post
    The heavy lifting on them was not in the other quads and the disdain for Ethos was not because we sat back and did nothing.
    Yeah, we did some serious wrecking. Right before WP&C started chiefing Pooh's villas we ran an op that trashed his cap and wheat-locked at least 7 of his feeders. The WP&C folks must have been pissed when they kept chiefing villas that had no wheat fields.
    s1: The Dude
    s19: Venom


    Mods be all up on deeznutz

  18. #138

    Default

    Curious what the time line was on the village wrecking of Kurtz. I seemed to understand that he was, or was near, all but AWOL at the time that TBW went to Toons for arties. Was the cap wrecking after we swiped arties, or before? Or during?

  19. #139
    Merchant b4dm0therf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Bahstonia
    Posts
    1,367

    Default

    He still had the large arty I believe. I might even have the op plans for that one. Will have to look around in the morning to see if the spreadsheet still exists.
    s1: The Dude
    s19: Venom


    Mods be all up on deeznutz

  20. #140
    lethaljimmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Hoth
    Posts
    1,787

    Default

    just some bullet points to how I remember it.

    Ehtos hit cookie, Okefenokee, and a few others like Kratos and shiru. Not even sure how many accounts our battle group "the deadly hood" smashed while zen and I had some fun and started in on Pooh Corners. If I remember right Pox might even have a list.
    Kurts was under fire not just for cats but for holding reins down in the core with the players he wanted to protect only to watch the other accounts burn. When his own people started getting upset he went on a bender and after he got his 30 day chip he showed back up and his villages were all owned by Kimmies crew. That was about the same time that WC hit smokey and TBW was hitting SCH for the 2nd time. Seems about the right but it was almost a year ago. So I could be wrong.

  21. #141

    Meherrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    In a universe of my own design
    Posts
    4,208

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lethaljimmy View Post
    just some bullet points to how I remember it.

    Ehtos hit cookie, Okefenokee, and a few others like Kratos and shiru. Not even sure how many accounts our battle group "the deadly hood" smashed while zen and I had some fun and started in on Pooh Corners. If I remember right Pox might even have a list.
    Kurts was under fire not just for cats but for holding reins down in the core with the players he wanted to protect only to watch the other accounts burn. When his own people started getting upset he went on a bender and after he got his 30 day chip he showed back up and his villages were all owned by Kimmies crew. That was about the same time that WC hit smokey and TBW was hitting SCH for the 2nd time. Seems about the right but it was almost a year ago. So I could be wrong.
    I was on the account. Plus dualling with Kurtz on another server. Some of your facts are more-or-less correct, but your assumptions are not even close.
    And now I'll tell you what's against us, an art that's lived for centuries. Go through the years and you will find what's blackened all of history. Against us is the law with its immensity of strength and power - against us is the law! Police know how to make a man a guilty or an innocent. Against us is the power of police! The shameless lies that men have told will ever more be paid in gold - against us is the power of the gold! Against us is racial hatred and the simple fact that we are poor.
    - The Ballad of Sacco and Vanzetti, Joan Baez

  22. #142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by b4dm0therf View Post
    He still had the large arty I believe. I might even have the op plans for that one. Will have to look around in the morning to see if the spreadsheet still exists.
    Quote Originally Posted by lethaljimmy View Post
    just some bullet points to how I remember it.
    Ehtos hit cookie, Okefenokee, and a few others like Kratos and shiru.
    Hello,

    New round started. Are you guys going to join us?

    Regards,
    Okefenokee

  23. #143
    Consul Kurtz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The land of the ice and snow
    Posts
    24,821

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingPumpkin View Post
    Thank you. I hadn't give it much thought in about a year, so hard to remember how it as all playing together.



    Yea, so many of us were planning on taking a break, despite others conceptions, natar wins are not easy afairs and it's rough on just about every account. You started off wanting that, then got talked into giving it another go. Of course, once you got talked into it, you were all for it.

    By the way Kurtz, hope you don't mind me putting a cap on your glory. I am sure a part of you was enjoying the pedestal and infamy various people have been making for you, just seemed rather silly to me. Your good which is telling by what it took to get your account off the server. However, no point making it into more then even that.
    No worries mate, it was amusing me too.

    Quote Originally Posted by lethaljimmy View Post
    Kurts was under fire not just for cats but for holding reins down in the core with the players he wanted to protect only to watch the other accounts burn. When his own people started getting upset he went on a bender and after he got his 30 day chip he showed back up and his villages were all owned by Kimmies crew. That was about the same time that WC hit smokey and TBW was hitting SCH for the 2nd time. Seems about the right but it was almost a year ago. So I could be wrong.
    I really hope you don't believe your own crap.

    Quote Originally Posted by Meherrin View Post
    I was on the account. Plus dualling with Kurtz on another server. Some of your facts are more-or-less correct, but your assumptions are not even close.
    The very idea that I prioritised any account is hilarious. Especially given that I have never been involved much with D. But every damn account in any alliance that I have run is equal given good enough notice. Old, new or in between.

  24. #144

    Meherrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    In a universe of my own design
    Posts
    4,208

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kurtz View Post
    The very idea that I prioritised any account is hilarious. Especially given that I have never been involved much with D. But every damn account in any alliance that I have run is equal given good enough notice. Old, new or in between.
    That was one of the assumptions I was referring to.

    Having dualled with you I think three times now, and been an anvil in an alliance with you several more times, I have many memories of conversations about not taking reins other accounts had greater need of. I've never known you to scream for reins when others needed them. As much as I might have wanted to at times, you wouldn't let me.
    And now I'll tell you what's against us, an art that's lived for centuries. Go through the years and you will find what's blackened all of history. Against us is the law with its immensity of strength and power - against us is the law! Police know how to make a man a guilty or an innocent. Against us is the power of police! The shameless lies that men have told will ever more be paid in gold - against us is the power of the gold! Against us is racial hatred and the simple fact that we are poor.
    - The Ballad of Sacco and Vanzetti, Joan Baez

  25. #145
    Consul Kurtz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The land of the ice and snow
    Posts
    24,821

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meherrin View Post
    That was one of the assumptions I was referring to.

    Having dualled with you I think three times now, and been an anvil in an alliance with you several more times, I have many memories of conversations about not taking reins other accounts had greater need of. I've never known you to scream for reins when others needed them. As much as I might have wanted to at times, you wouldn't let me.
    Indeed. I tend to sacrifice my own account over others when it comes to reins.

    But really the only rein ***** we had was IOW. At least that is still around. They used to scream bloody murder if we asked any of "their" anvils for reins. Even if they didn't have incoming.

  26. #146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Titan V View Post
    The psychological warfare that happens here, and that your posts here exemplify, has no effect on people that don't read them, or care about the opinions of those who do. Which is worth remembering before we imagine or allow anything or everything said here to mean too much.
    Hmmm... so what is my goal in this "psychological warfare" that I am committing? I am assuming I have said something you didn't like but to be honest, no idea. Generally people don't go down the road of dismissals like this unless they are at a loss on how to address something.

    Quote Originally Posted by Titan V View Post
    you were the one who said it would sink the team trying...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmie View Post
    you said "you would not be the first to try this" and that it had ruined most who had tried. i was just stating that your comment didn't hold true for us.
    Kimmie... so, I agree completely that this round is very different then past rounds. So, since this discussion is about the plausibility of removing Kurtz from the server and what committal of hammer troops of the amount necessary to accomplish the feat, what do you feel are the important changes that would enable this?
    Also, please, include the changes good and bad over past rounds. Why do you think I might I be expressing concern regarding this tactic?
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron D'Holbach View Post
    The sad part is, Flying Pumpkin's reveal is bigger news than the WW.
    Quote Originally Posted by fortress View Post
    ...I ethos'd it...
    Answers to common questions? Game help, Forum rules, Forum Rank, other great resources, and for new posters

  27. #147
    lethaljimmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Hoth
    Posts
    1,787

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kurtz View Post
    Indeed. I tend to sacrifice my own account over others when it comes to reins.

    But really the only rein ***** we had was IOW. At least that is still around. They used to scream bloody murder if we asked any of "their" anvils for reins. Even if they didn't have incoming.
    I did not say that you prioritized your account. Read it again. I said you were protecting players that you wanted to down in the core. I would say that you are not a rein hog. You just did not understand that we were quartering you of in chunks because we saw how the defense was being distributed and who was not based on location.

    Bugsy. Glad you are back. I remember when we hit your account and you told me who you were. It felt good knowing we went up against someone of your caliber and won. I honestly hope to see you back in full form this round because your a damn great player.

  28. #148

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingPumpkin View Post
    So, since this discussion is about the plausibility of removing Kurtz from the server and what committal of hammer troops of the amount necessary to accomplish the feat
    Honestly the possibility of removing Kurtz from the server is very slim.... next to zero, unless he mashes the delete button, and with the fun he is having I seriously doubt that will happen.
    The power of Murdok......
    wow i love that Murdok guy he ain't even a Mh anymore but i am still scared he will ban me lol

    ... Reputation and respect are earned, not given, no matter how big your ban-stick may be. He ain't no Murdok.

  29. #149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by b4dm0therf View Post

    Bugsy. Glad you are back. I remember when we hit your account and you told me who you were. It felt good knowing we went up against someone of your caliber and won. I honestly hope to see you back in full form this round because your a damn great player.
    Wow thanks. This round is fun. ICU/CCU/MHU has been very welcoming considering our history.

    P.S. It's bugZy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Murdok View Post
    Honestly the possibility of removing Kurtz from the server is very slim.... next to zero, unless he mashes the delete button, and with the fun he is having I seriously doubt that will happen.
    This is not happening. We're keeping Erik!

    (Who else will we blame when we're removed?)
    Last edited by bugzy; 12-24-2013 at 07:29 PM. Reason: Added MHU for Liz

  30. #150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Murdok View Post
    Honestly the possibility of removing Kurtz from the server is very slim.... next to zero, unless he mashes the delete button, and with the fun he is having I seriously doubt that will happen.
    Daring people to cat Erik off the server is like daring people to try to kill a wild young lion cub by hand. No one is afraid of the cub but wouldn't dare attempt to because of the lions swarming around it.

    My point? Whether Kurtz is behind the account or any other person.. makes little to no difference. The credit goes to the EX DS group. We all know what amazing anvils they tend to have. Add in the offensive power you seem to have this round, which was severely lacking for your group last round, and you DO have THE most experienced group this round. All you have to do is show up to the round and perform.

    Meanwhile the rest of the groups are forced to use diplomacy and/or zerging, because of the limited experience within their quads. Which also lowers raiding abilities. The fact that the SE is raiding as much as they are makes 100% sense. They had the luxury of having the most people spawn in their quad (also shown when the ban hammer occurred)

    I look forward to and hope endgame is a pretty even fight. SE this round has been handed to you on a silver platter. You want to win.... dont **** up and/or paint unnecessary targets/let the rest of the server know what hand you have. That simple.

    Just my opinion of course. I could very well be WAY off. Take it or leave it.
    HEY!!! WTF are you doing looking down here? My post is up there idiot! ^^^^

    Quote Originally Posted by Baron80 View Post
    You really showed me. Even though I know you just handed my *** as much as one can on a forum.
    us5r7(AE) - Ghostbusters

  31. #151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nips27 View Post
    you DO have THE most experienced group this round. All you have to do is show up to the round and perform.

    Meanwhile the rest of the groups are forced to use diplomacy and/or zerging, because of the limited experience within their quads.

    Just my opinion of course. I could very well be WAY off. Take it or leave it.
    Dang, why didn't I think of that earlier?

    Quote Originally Posted by nips27 View Post
    Daring people to cat Erik off the server is like daring people to try to kill a wild young lion cub by hand. No one is afraid of the cub but wouldn't dare attempt to because of the lions swarming around it.
    sure, but the chest thumpers get to mock the little teams, and do so with impunity because they KNOW that the merest whisper of "huggle" and everybody else will run for the hills...

    It is SOOO very brave to say "bring it" when you have 44 of the top 100 accounts - especially when you are speaking to 9/100. This is why FP has left the reservation and entered deeply into spin territory. And I had thought he wasn't a partisan...
    Last edited by Titan V; 12-24-2013 at 08:14 PM.
    90% of the game is half mental : What time is it? You mean now? - Yogi Berra

    Quote Originally Posted by bugzy View Post
    It's huggling when they do it, it's strategy when I do it.

  32. #152

    Default

    I think this point could have been made without belittling a particular dual team. (Especially mine ) None of us ever said we were great players. That said hospital crew has welcomed us with open arms.

    We will be first to give the ICU/CCU/MHU anvils credit. I knew they were good, but watching them work has been amazing. "Bring it!" is not us bragging about what a great account we are, but confidence in the amazing ICU/CCU/MHU team.

    Back to our little dual team. Are we a target? Sure! Are we a team that will have an effect on the server? That remains to be seen. Will we "Bring it!"? I don't know. I have a healthy fear of hubris.

    I'm reading a lot of sour grapes and lack of confidence in these posts. I could be wrong. I think my problems with Erik last round are well known internally, but here we are. It's a new year, a new round, a new chance.

    Travian is not a very hard game and I know there's a lot of talent in the SE. I would recommend working on making your teams the best they can be, instead of worrying about our humble dual team and our amazing new alliance.
    Last edited by bugzy; 12-24-2013 at 08:47 PM. Reason: spelling/grammar

  33. #153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bugzy View Post
    I think this point could have been made without belittling a particular dual team. (Especially mine ) None of us ever said we were great players. That said hospital crew has welcomed us with open arms.

    We will be first to give the ICU/CCU/MHU anvils credit. I knew they were good, but watching them work has been amazing. "Bring it!" is not us bragging about what a great account we are, but confidence in the amazing ICU/CCU/MHU team.

    Back to our little dual team. Are we a target? Sure! Are we a team that will have an effect on the server? That remains to be seen. Will we "Bring it!"? I don't know. I have a healthy fear of hubris.

    I'm reading a lot of sour grapes and lack of confidence in these posts. I could be wrong. I think my problems with Erik last round are well known internally, but here we are. It's a new year, a new round, a new chance.

    Travian is not a very hard game and I know there's a lot of talent in the SE. I would recommend working on making your teams the best they can be, instead of worrying about our humble dual team and our amazing new alliance.
    I didnt mean to belittle you our your dual team at all. Merely used Erik specifically because he was the person of topic.

    Also, you can bet your *** that the SE will work its *** off to make sure you at the VERY least, get a good run for your money. I am in NO WAY admitting defeat. Instead stating that what most already knew.

    You're the favorites, but I think everyone and their mother knows that. But they also know what your weaknesses are. (or at least the SE does, guess I can't speak for all groups)

    I was just throwing out a few observations.

    Quote Originally Posted by Titan V View Post
    sure, but the chest thumpers get to mock the little teams, and do so with impunity because they KNOW that the merest whisper of "huggle" and everybody else will run for the hills...
    People always complain about huggling. Even if its not really huggling. One could argue that the hospital crew is huggling already... (requires separate thread to discuss, and I dont care to put the effort towards it )

    But really they may 'KNOW' that huggling wont happen, but they would be pretty daft to think that teams wont work together at some point to 'even the odds'.

    When will that come? Tomorrow? Aritifact release? Endgame? In between? Who knows. Too early to tell, but you know there will be SOMETHING.

    Like I said and truely believe. It really depends on what the SW does. Will they continue to prod the other groups to a combined op and/or huggling, and/or continue after they see the results of the first?
    Last edited by nips27; 12-24-2013 at 09:14 PM.
    HEY!!! WTF are you doing looking down here? My post is up there idiot! ^^^^

    Quote Originally Posted by Baron80 View Post
    You really showed me. Even though I know you just handed my *** as much as one can on a forum.
    us5r7(AE) - Ghostbusters

  34. #154

    Default

    My weakness is my love for you, nips.

    If you mean my alliance, then you're smarter than me if you see one.

  35. #155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bugzy View Post
    My weakness is my love for you, nips.

    If you mean my alliance, then you're smarter than me if you see one.
    Im on a roll today. Second post in a row I managed to christmas fudge up. You know what I meant you **** :P
    HEY!!! WTF are you doing looking down here? My post is up there idiot! ^^^^

    Quote Originally Posted by Baron80 View Post
    You really showed me. Even though I know you just handed my *** as much as one can on a forum.
    us5r7(AE) - Ghostbusters

  36. #156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nips27 View Post
    People always complain about huggling. Even if its not really huggling. One could argue that the hospital crew is huggling already... (requires separate thread to discuss, and I dont care to put the effort towards it )
    Please post details here. No separate post required.

  37. #157

    Default

    It's huggling when they do it, it's strategy when I do it.

  38. #158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bugzy View Post
    It's huggling when they do it, it's strategy when I do it.
    Dang... absolutely classic. Mind if I siggy that? Might be the best line I've ever seen written here.
    us1rd4 Gressor2 / Narwhal
    us1rd5 Elmo / RetrofitMID
    us1rd6 JL Picard
    us1rd7 Putin
    us5-AE Happy Gilmore

    Quote Originally Posted by bugzy View Post
    It's huggling when they do it, it's strategy when I do it.

  39. #159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kurtz View Post
    The very idea that I prioritised any account is hilarious. Especially given that I have never been involved much with D. But every damn account in any alliance that I have run is equal given good enough notice. Old, new or in between.
    Gotta back up this statement as TRUTH. Every round I've played with Erik, I've had no complaints about how defense was ran. That would include my portion of time either on Elmo, or contributing as a sitter. Any suggestions that Erik is a rein hog is way off base.
    us1rd4 Gressor2 / Narwhal
    us1rd5 Elmo / RetrofitMID
    us1rd6 JL Picard
    us1rd7 Putin
    us5-AE Happy Gilmore

    Quote Originally Posted by bugzy View Post
    It's huggling when they do it, it's strategy when I do it.

  40. #160

    Meherrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    In a universe of my own design
    Posts
    4,208

    Default

    I'll place my recollections of the defence priorities debate on record. When we realised that we had not pre-recruited the same kind of numbers that we had the round before, we knew that our anvils would be pushed to the limit.

    We warned members not to settle far out from the centre. We asked newer recruits to move further in. We knew that we had to have accounts close together so our anvils could get to one account, get hone, and get to another account quickly.

    People who chose to settle further out were warned in advance that they might not get the kind of defense they were used to from our anvils.

    It's more than a question of whether there's time to travel eight or ten hours to get to an outer account with incoming. It's whether there's time to get to that account, get back, and get to another account that has incoming later on, or that we have good intel suggesting an attack coming. D co-ordinators go mad over this kind of thing, but the simple truth is, if you need an anvil to get to one account and then make a fast turnaround to cover a second account, you can't send it out too far.

    When you're short-handed, you have to make the defense you have stretch as far as you can. If you have a choice of covering one key account or two.... You do what you must do. And people knew this eould be the case.
    And now I'll tell you what's against us, an art that's lived for centuries. Go through the years and you will find what's blackened all of history. Against us is the law with its immensity of strength and power - against us is the law! Police know how to make a man a guilty or an innocent. Against us is the power of police! The shameless lies that men have told will ever more be paid in gold - against us is the power of the gold! Against us is racial hatred and the simple fact that we are poor.
    - The Ballad of Sacco and Vanzetti, Joan Baez

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •