Thread: Feedback on T4.4

Default Feedback on T4.4

Hi everyone,

We would like to know your feedback about the new T4.4 version. How does it feel when you actually play it? Do you like the new changes? If not, what would you change about them?

Are you missing anything about this new version? What would you like to see added?

Let us know and I'll forward it in my weekly feedback to Travian Games. Be as constructive as possible about your feedback.

Please post feedback if you've actually played this version, and not just from viewing the info about it. We want proper feedback from players who have experience playing this version. Thank you.

Travian US Team

Not being able to sell any trades but 1:1 has been a real drag on my test run on the .pt server 8. There are hundreds of non 1:1 trades posted to be bought (I guess because people don't realize they can't be bought from them), and I'd love to not have to NPC my wheat. The .pt server is not a server I'm willing to buy gold on, so I've had to just upgrade my granary nonstop.

It would be nice to change this rule so that only players that are larger can make unprofitable purchases, that way if there's feeding it goes from large players to small players (which you would rarely see with multi-account users).

Quote Originally Posted by Poblano View Post
    Not being able to sell any trades but 1:1 has been a real drag on my test run on the .pt server 8. There are hundreds of non 1:1 trades posted to be bought (I guess because people don't realize they can't be bought from them), and I'd love to not have to NPC my wheat. The .pt server is not a server I'm willing to buy gold on, so I've had to just upgrade my granary nonstop.

It would be nice to change this rule so that only players that are larger can make unprofitable purchases, that way if there's feeding it goes from large players to small players (which you would rarely see with multi-account users).
    Are you doing full trade cart trades, or trying to do them? On the birthday server I found I had to do really small trades to make a profit the first few days....it is the pushing limit that was the culprit.
    Note:Any posts made by this poster should always be construed in the most innocent angelic way possible. The poster is not responsible for where your depraved minds go, if you have a depraved mind.

Our Lady of Croppers ~Semper DOS~ ~Viva Toons~ || This area intentionally left blank. || The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity ~ Harlan Ellison

Full trade cart trades?

Say you are a Roman a full trade cart would be 500 and you want to make 50%. You put 500 clay on the market and ask for 750 wheat in return, the person who wants to nab the trade has to have enough daily production to get beyond the pushing rules...in the beginning days people do not have enough production to do so. If you make the trade same ratio but smaller, it will work; 100 clay for 150 wheat will probably work.
    Note:Any posts made by this poster should always be construed in the most innocent angelic way possible. The poster is not responsible for where your depraved minds go, if you have a depraved mind.

Our Lady of Croppers ~Semper DOS~ ~Viva Toons~ || This area intentionally left blank. || The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity ~ Harlan Ellison

Quote Originally Posted by Flossie Schmumpus View Post
    Say you are a Roman a full trade cart would be 500 and you want to make 50%. You put 500 clay on the market and ask for 750 wheat in return, the person who wants to nab the trade has to have enough daily production to get beyond the pushing rules...in the beginning days people do not have enough production to do so. If you make the trade same ratio but smaller, it will work; 100 clay for 150 wheat will probably work.
    You obviously haven't read the changes. No one can buy anything but 1:1 trades on the market until they are off BP. Literally, they are unable to purchase the trades. Yes, they can purchase trades that are profitable for them, but who can post them if we are all on BP for the first 5 days?

Quote Originally Posted by Poblano View Post
    You obviously haven't read the changes. No one can buy anything but 1:1 trades on the market until they are off BP. Literally, they are unable to purchase the trades. Yes, they can purchase trades that are profitable for them, but who can post them if we are all on BP for the first 5 days?
    Ah....well they just want you to use more gold.

PS I do not read instructions or guides before starting to play a game, I dive in, flounder and wallow around a bit and then dependign on how it goes check out the things I need.

"The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes."
    -Doyle

I happen to like most of the changes. Nice job. I am wondering why the WW villages outside of the gray area have double the natars inside though? Are we attempting to discourage WWs being built outside of the gray area? If so, just leave them inside the gray. I happen to like that they are out of the gray, just thought they should have the same level of difficulty as those inside the gray.

Also, you surely know that a good many of your players are ahem... Older? We gray hairs would love to see other options in the appearance tab for the hero to reflect the aged section of society. In other words, how about some gray hair? A pot belly? Gray beards? I'm sure the teuts would like a beer mug for their hero too

Other than that... Nice server!

The changes seem to be evening out the playing field a bit, allowing new players to get their feet under them. Overall, it's working out pretty well.

My only complaint so for is for culture points. The celebrations are now just too expensive vs. their culture point yield. It is giving a significant advantage to those that are just buying up artwork. The going price right now on US4 is 12000-16000 silver, up from 9000-10000 last week.
    "And how can this be?!" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XBHL...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    Either that, or he needs to beat your other wings' recruiters and diplomats over the head with a burlap sack full of dead babies. Frozen dead babies, so it hurts more.
    George Carlin on Global Warming:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjmtSkl53h4

.US4 - Subject to Change
    .US9 - Sorcey's Forcey

You'll find the opposite is true really. Because of the boosted production in 4.4, you can earn the resources to pay for a party 40% faster, so if your parties are worth at least 360 cp, they are essentially cheaper than older versions. What this will quickly lead to is more people building higher level town halls to throw parties faster.
    S6-r1 The_Chuck S8-r1 Lanie (night shift) S5-r3 Tyche (night shift) S7-r3 Chuckles (night shift)
    S2-r6 Tommo and rebuild S1-r7 Country (day shift) S5-r7(AEU) Office Space S19-r2 (SE) The Joker

Quote Originally Posted by cooper316 View Post
    The changes seem to be evening out the playing field a bit, allowing new players to get their feet under them. Overall, it's working out pretty well.

My only complaint so for is for culture points. The celebrations are now just too expensive vs. their culture point yield. It is giving a significant advantage to those that are just buying up artwork. The going price right now on US4 is 12000-16000 silver, up from 9000-10000 last week.
    I've found that artwork is almost useless on s1. Large parties are just so cheap and easy. Small parties are something that I only ever threw the first week or 2 of the server.

Quote Originally Posted by Tineren View Post
    You'll find the opposite is true really. Because of the boosted production in 4.4, you can earn the resources to pay for a party 40% faster, so if your parties are worth at least 360 cp, they are essentially cheaper than older versions. What this will quickly lead to is more people building higher level town halls to throw parties faster.
    My cp per village isn't to 360 yet. My largest village is doing 297 as of this post, and I have been building some (relatively) underutilized buildings in that village for the cp. To get to that 360 break even point will take adding a significant amount of fluff.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurtz View Post
    I've found that artwork is almost useless on s1. Large parties are just so cheap and easy. Small parties are something that I only ever threw the first week or 2 of the server.
    How much farther along is S1?

Either that, or he needs to beat your other wings' recruiters and diplomats over the head with a burlap sack full of dead babies. Frozen dead babies, so it hurts more.

.US4 - Subject to Change
    .US9 - Sorcey's Forcey

How much farther along is S1?
    Endgame. And I meant early on. We were top 10 and we used zero artwork... other than maybe a couple we've found on adventures. Most top people didn't.

us1 was actually 2x production (so cheaper parties, relatively). But theory still stands, just to a lesser degree. Parties are essentially cheaper than before, due to larger than normal production rates. And yeah, we (Putin) were pretty much top 10 up until endgame, and I think we used a single artwork that we got on an adventure. Yet still, artworks were going for a ridiculous rate, given the cost of parties vs production. I am assuming the 40% increased production in 4.4 is a sort of compromise between the drastic production changes on the birthday server vs previous rounds. Although.... consumption going back to normal (1x) is a nice change, also. Without an increase in storage and/or shipping capacity, feeding a large hammer was honestly a ***** at times.
    us1rd4 Gressor2 / Narwhal
    us1rd5 Elmo / RetrofitMID
    us1rd6 JL Picard
    us1rd7 Putin
    us5-AE Happy Gilmore

Quote Originally Posted by bugzy View Post
    It's huggling when they do it, it's strategy when I do it.

My cp per village isn't to 360 yet. My largest village is doing 297 as of this post, and I have been building some (relatively) underutilized buildings in that village for the cp. To get to that 360 break even point will take adding a significant amount of fluff.
    That "fluff" is (and has always been) a much cheaper source of cp than throwing parties. Just level 20 MB and market and level 10 fields is 300+. Generally, the largest players have always focused on a mixture of cp buildings and parties, the changes are just encouraging smaller players to do the same thing.

I did a test contest a few years ago against one of my friends. He golded up TH 10s for big parties in his new villages (among other things) the first day or two of settling. But he built for the bare minimum: fields, market, wh, granary, TH, and any prerequisites. I built my villages slowly, and only took my THs to level 2, but I always put in level 20 acads, embassies, etc. What we found was that despite the fact that I was spending less gold and fewer resources, I was getting new villages as fast as he was. Of course the conclusion wasn't that one method was better than the other, but rather that a combination of the two would be much faster.
    S6-r1 The_Chuck S8-r1 Lanie (night shift) S5-r3 Tyche (night shift) S7-r3 Chuckles (night shift)
    S2-r6 Tommo and rebuild S1-r7 Country (day shift) S5-r7(AEU) Office Space S19-r2 (SE) The Joker

Quote Originally Posted by Tineren View Post
    That "fluff" is (and has always been) a much cheaper source of cp than throwing parties. Just level 20 MB and market and level 10 fields is 300+. Generally, the largest players have always focused on a mixture of cp buildings and parties, the changes are just encouraging smaller players to do the same thing.

I did a test contest a few years ago against one of my friends. He golded up TH 10s for big parties in his new villages (among other things) the first day or two of settling. But he built for the bare minimum: fields, market, wh, granary, TH, and any prerequisites. I built my villages slowly, and only took my THs to level 2, but I always put in level 20 acads, embassies, etc. What we found was that despite the fact that I was spending less gold and fewer resources, I was getting new villages as fast as he was. Of course the conclusion wasn't that one method was better than the other, but rather that a combination of the two would be much faster.
    I don't disagree with the blended approach. It's what I've always used. It's a matter of time, though. I can't build up level 10 fields, and level 20 buildings at the same time.

I appreciate your help. I really do, but my building is based on efficiency (even if I suck at it sometimes), and leveling up buildings primarily for their cp production significantly before that level is needed for its actual use seems inefficient - especially when you add in the building times.

.US4 - Subject to Change
    .US9 - Sorcey's Forcey

I don't disagree with the blended approach. It's what I've always used. It's a matter of time, though. I can't build up level 10 fields, and level 20 buildings at the same time.

I appreciate your help. I really do, but my building is based on efficiency (even if I suck at it sometimes), and leveling up buildings primarily for their cp production significantly before that level is needed for its actual use seems inefficient - especially when you add in the building times.
    We were one of the first 5 to settle this round of s1. We had lvl 6 crannies bloody everywhere. Should have gone to lvl 9's really.

Not a fan of the CP changes. But this is my first round of t4.4, so I'm sure it will just take some getting used to. Other than that, it seems as if teuton percentages have dropped some compared to other servers. Maybe because of the BP changes? (Which will also take some getting used to.) I like the 40% increase in production. It adds a new aspect to the game. Early game simming will likely become more prevalent (yay juicy farms).
    Quote Originally Posted by LordDeath View Post
    Your a sarcastic smart ***. Two things I don't like in a person.
    US4R7-Mr. Pig

Yeah, that's why I don't play anything but roman. I often forget that some people play the barbarian tribes and can't build properly .