Thread: What happened to the Trapper?

Default What happened to the Trapper?

Every resource I've been able to find in this forum or elsewhere, including this guide and the answers to this question state that traps remain when you demolish the Trapper. Now I just wasted a lot of time and resources raising a Trapper to level 20, demolished it to build something else and was stunned to discover I had no traps left! I tested by sending a raid to the village no troops were trapped, all were killed. (Yes, I'm sure I remembered to build the traps, not just raise the Trapper.) I further tested by demo'ing one level in another village and again my total number of traps went down.

I can't find anything to explain this in the changelogs. What happened to my traps?!
    ~Cricket

Work done with the hands is Labor.
    With the hands and the head is Craft.
    With the hands, the head, and the heart is Art.

Had you previously been attacked? You must remember that if you are attacked, not raided, by enough troops that your traps are broken and the trapped troops are freed then all your traps were broken and they could not be repaired due to the absence of the trapper building.

I know I saw this in a changelog somewhere. I'll have to look around for it. But your experience is correct, traps no longer stay when you tear the trapper down.

Edit, couldn't find it on the .us change logs, but here is the link to the .com change log:
    http://forum.travian.com/showthread....=1#post1912261
    Last edited by Tineren; 07-06-2014 at 12:13 AM.
    S6-r1 The_Chuck S8-r1 Lanie (night shift) S5-r3 Tyche (night shift) S7-r3 Chuckles (night shift)
    S2-r6 Tommo and rebuild S1-r7 Country (day shift) S5-r7(AEU) Office Space S19-r2 (SE) The Joker

Ex- Head Multihunter

Ah yes, it was one of those unintentional changes that we're not quite sure when it happened, thus why it didn't get into an official changelog. I just updated the Answers to include that information: http://t4.answers.travian.us/?view=a...=185#go2answer Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Mod Probability Indigo View Post
    Had you previously been attacked? You must remember that if you are attacked, not raided, by enough troops that your traps are broken and the trapped troops are freed then all your traps were broken and they could not be repaired due to the absence of the trapper building.
    No attacks occurred after I completed level 20 of the Trapper and built my 400th trap. Nor were any attacks involved in the second instance where I lost traps immediately after demolishing a level.

Quote Originally Posted by Tineren View Post
    I know I saw this in a changelog somewhere. I'll have to look around for it. But your experience is correct, traps no longer stay when you tear the trapper down.

Edit, couldn't find it on the .us change logs, but here is the link to the .com change log:
    http://forum.travian.com/showthread....=1#post1912261
    Thank you for the link. At least I found out before I tried to send settlers into my traps for safety, but it's still not a very nice surprise. I'm very disappointed with this change, but even more disappointed that they didn't see fit to disclose it to us in the .us forum.
    Last edited by Cricketswool; 07-11-2014 at 03:13 AM.
    ~Cricket

Work done with the hands is Labor.
    With the hands and the head is Craft.
    With the hands, the head, and the heart is Art.