Thread: Wtf

Default Wtf

They changed the spawning patterns?!?

yea,
    thats ****............
    how the hell we farm
    need to farm oasis after BP ends or what?

I am WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY out in the boonies
    US1R1 - BillW
    US3R1 - BillW (AeM)
    US2R5 - BillW (RoA)
    US2R6 - BringinSexyBack (PANDA)
    US2R7 - Dr. Bob (STD)
    US5R7 - Thanatos

Sign your derps. Cackling hens, the lot of you.

Quote Originally Posted by lethaljimmy View Post
    I am paid to rate people on their level of perfesionalism

Blown away lol...

Hmm, if this is the way, i guess i wont see many players

This is going to be AMAZING
    Something about how I am

Maybe I should have been a simming Roman after all?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonothan Crane
    Patients suffering delusional episodes often focus their paranoia on an external tormentor. Usually one conforming to Jungian archetypes. In this case, a scarecrow.

What's the pattern... Randomly screw everyone's plans?
    us1rd4 Gressor2 / Narwhal
    us1rd5 Elmo / RetrofitMID
    us1rd6 JL Picard
    us1rd7 Putin
    us5-AE Happy Gilmore

Quote Originally Posted by bugzy View Post
    It's huggling when they do it, it's strategy when I do it.

We were asked to report the issue.

Wait so this is an issue? as in its going to change back?
    I actually had a chance to get a second village this round

Ex- Head Multihunter

We believe there is an issue with spawning locations, as well as other things. I'm not sure what TechSupport can do about it at this point, but I have requested their assistance and am awaiting a response. I (or Minke) will update with any information as it becomes available.

Quote Originally Posted by HMH Carrie View Post
    We believe there is an issue with spawning locations, as well as other things. I'm not sure what TechSupport can do about it at this point, but I have requested their assistance and am awaiting a response. I (or Minke) will update with any information as it becomes available.
    In this case, reply will likely be this is a feature not a bug.

Truthfully, I like it
    Something about how I am

Carthage Vs Roma.
    Nuff said.

My friends all spawned in my 20x20, random luck for the win

Quote Originally Posted by BFFLS View Post
    My friends all spawned in my 20x20, random luck for the win
    Same here
    Something about how I am

The real question: is (was) it a disadvantage or an advantage to spawn in the group that all spawned like normal in Italy? On the one hand you have farms (maybe) but on the downside everyone in that small group will be watching to see if anyone is a farm and if you go offline for too long you may find yourself a farm. Everyone seems relatively active in Italy so far. Yes, if you spawned way out, you may not be able to farm as well as planned but you still can farm, and you have a lot less to worry about neighbor-wise while you're sleeping.

Ex- Head Multihunter

I just finished talking to TechSupport. Spawning will now work like it should. Anyone who spawned between server start and 9:30 pm Eastern tonight and didn't spawn where they expected and don't like it, may write to admin@travian.us to have their account deleted so that they may attempt another spawn.

In the deletion request, please make sure to include the account name and the server number, and write from the email address used to register the account. That information will speed up the process.

Also, there is a spam filter on the admin inbox - if you don't hear back from me within a few minutes this evening, double-check your inbox and make sure you don't need to click a link to release your message from the spam filter.

I will handle requests as quickly as possible, but sorry guys, I'm the only in-game admin-type person online right now, and I'll only be able to stay awake another hour or two before I have to crash, and I'm not sure when the next admin-type person will be online after I go to bed. I'll do the best I can to help before then. Thanks for your understanding and patience.
    Last edited by Ex- HMH; 07-17-2014 at 04:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Carni View Post
    The real question: is (was) it a disadvantage or an advantage to spawn in the group that all spawned like normal in Italy? On the one hand you have farms (maybe) but on the downside everyone in that small group will be watching to see if anyone is a farm and if you go offline for too long you may find yourself a farm. Everyone seems relatively active in Italy so far. Yes, if you spawned way out, you may not be able to farm as well as planned but you still can farm, and you have a lot less to worry about neighbor-wise while you're sleeping.
    Not to mention better quad distribution for grabbing croppers, not all spawns are clustered near a few croppers that are near heavily contested borders instead players are spread thinly and there is much less competition for good croppers inside quad and further out croppers get developed faster since its not a massive trek from the middle of the map.

worst start in travian for me....
    all confusion

Well I for one LOVE my spawn right near a prime 150% 15c, A few close friends, and some farms. As well as a speed arti.

Well I for one LOVE my spawn right near a prime 150% 15c, A few close friends, and some farms. As well as a speed arti.
    I honestly hope you don't play as well as you post, I want a challenge not another cake walk.
    US1- ???

Best of luck holding on to all of the above.
    s1: The Dude
    s19: Venom

Mods be all up on deeznutz

Get the speed and cropper, then come back.
    S1-R7: Kizmet ~ Care - #1 Attacker (Terse is a b***h)
    S2-R6: Symphony ~ FEAR - WW 75 to 0 http://travian-reports.net/us/report/2351573f0f7
    S1: Al Bundy

Quote Originally Posted by Enyalois View Post
    You're actually in an alliance, that right there means I know what huggling is

You really followed me and Marshall to this server too? Do you at least have your own account this time? xD
    Pain And Travian Are Life`s Only Dependices
    SO
    Have Fun
    Make War
    And Above All Else
    Lessen The Pain
    NOW you may clap
    Common IGNS
    -Jett (duo),Sir Dalton,The Scourge (duo),Sir Dalton,RangersWeMiss,James D,Foe Hammer,Jett (duo) ,The Scourge (duo),Sir Dalton,RangersWeMiss,WeAreLuckyToo

I think the bug has created an interesting situation. With the ancient city (artifact) locations being known right off the bat, there was almost surely going to be a decision for most people on where to expand. Which artifacts to go after, which croppers were best suited to own/defend them. With their locations being pretty spread out across the map, the spawning issue has allowed a percentage of accounts an unexpected opportunity to reach those spots quicker (rather than central spawning).

Take the NE quad, for example. An account that fell "victim" to the bug could have spawned around (roughly) -130/130. Compare that to an account that centrally spawned @ -30/30. That is a settler's walk of 28 hours. Provided the two accounts reach expansion at the same pace, that farther out account has a huge advantage in reach over the other. Not only speed in initially reaching it, but a shorter shipping time to develop it.

Not saying it's everyone's cup of tea, being that far out. But a group with good players out in that "bug" ring, is already well positioned to reach (and dominate) their target AC areas before anyone else.
    us1rd6 JL Picard
    us1rd7 Putin
    us5-AE Happy Gilmore

Quote Originally Posted by Gressor2 View Post
    I think the bug has created an interesting situation. With the ancient city (artifact) locations being known right off the bat, there was almost surely going to be a decision for most people on where to expand. Which artifacts to go after, which croppers were best suited to own/defend them. With their locations being pretty spread out across the map, the spawning issue has allowed a percentage of accounts an unexpected opportunity to reach those spots quicker (rather than central spawning).

Take the NE quad, for example. An account that fell "victim" to the bug could have spawned around (roughly) -130/130. Compare that to an account that centrally spawned @ -30/30. That is a settler's walk of 28 hours. Provided the two accounts reach expansion at the same pace, that farther out account has a huge advantage in reach over the other. Not only speed in initially reaching it, but a shorter shipping time to develop it.

Not saying it's everyone's cup of tea, being that far out. But a group with good players out in that "bug" ring, is already well positioned to reach (and dominate) their target AC areas before anyone else.
    Indeed. However, I think they'll find farming a fair bit harder. Only the real hardcore players spawned that early.

Without the ability to farm, the chance of getting a 2nd village very fast is diminished. I started as a teuton and am out in the boonies. Considering whether or not to take the delete option.

Quote Originally Posted by s6_Geronimo View Post
    Without the ability to farm, the chance of getting a 2nd village very fast is diminished. I started as a teuton and am out in the boonies. Considering whether or not to take the delete option.
    My dual is still out there, but I respawned at like 4AM this morning (NY time). Now I think you'll find that it is getting too late. The server pop won't be big enough for warrant respawning IMO.

With the exception of the absolute top tier farmers (like the best 5-10 most efficient), it is an efficient spending of resources and CP planning that wins the expansion race.... not farming.

The last few rounds, I barely farm at all before expanding. And I'm usually top 20. You just have to have an efficient plan and stick to it. Now if you're used to the high-volume-farming route, and were looking forward to it.... then yeah, no bueno.
    us1rd6 JL Picard
    us1rd7 Putin
    us5-AE Happy Gilmore

Quote Originally Posted by Gressor2 View Post
    With the exception of the absolute top tier farmers (like the best 5-10 most efficient), it is an efficient spending of resources and CP planning that wins the expansion race.... not farming.

The last few rounds, I barely farm at all before expanding. And I'm usually top 20. You just have to have an efficient plan and stick to it. Now if you're used to the high-volume-farming route, and were looking forward to it.... then yeah, no bueno.
    To be fair, last round (of s1), we weren't able to farm. So you really need to be thinking about a server you played (properly) before that. Farming has made a fair bit of difference to my settle rate this much I know for sure. Especially as Teut.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurtz View Post
    To be fair, last round (of s1), we weren't able to farm. So you really need to be thinking about a server you played (properly) before that. Farming has made a fair bit of difference to my settle rate this much I know for sure. Especially as Teut.
    The double res would have made farming more productive in a sense. The biggest changes werent the production amounts, but the limited natars(which have 'smarter' AI), quicker oasis respawns (cleared an oasis last night and today it has MORE nature than my initial clear, and i only managed to scrape about 1.5k res from it without losing a single troop), and extended bonus protection. All still exist today.

Farming, like Gressor mentioned, is really only going to be effective for those that do it VERY efficiently. (the fastest people will be settling as bp ends, so player v player raiding won't even matter much)

That being said, those that raid most efficiently, will be some of the first to spawn.
    Last edited by nips27; 07-17-2014 at 09:40 PM.
    HEY!!! WTF are you doing looking down here? My post is up there idiot! ^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Baron80 View Post
    You really showed me. Even though I know you just handed my *** as much as one can on a forum.
    us5r7(AE) - Ghostbusters

Ex- Head Multihunter

My offer expires today, whenever I go to bed, which will hopefully be in about 5 hours from now. After that, you'll need to delete your own account.