Thread: No medals for week 1?

Default No medals for week 1?

When the top-10 did not reset at 12-midnight I thought perhaps it will reset at 12-noon NY time. No top-10 reset and no medals. Anyone here anything official about this?

Technically the week wasn't a full week as the server started on Wednesday, and I don't think I've ever seen them give medals for the first non-complete week. Medals will be at midnight of this coming Sunday, I believe.

If anyone can confirm this is what's up, and that it's not another bug, I'd appreciate that.

I was told they we're waiting for a whole week from server start making the medals given out on Wednesday but that would be kinda odd..
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepez View Post
    Potentially a good idea to make your hammers in your capitals folks, work that auto dodge!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gressor2 View Post
    I see only one problem with this proposal.I only have one capital.....

Us5 - Beelzebub ~NWO~

Quote Originally Posted by Carni View Post
    Technically the week wasn't a full week as the server started on Wednesday, and I don't think I've ever seen them give medals for the first non-complete week. Medals will be at midnight of this coming Sunday, I believe.

If anyone can confirm this is what's up, and that it's not another bug, I'd appreciate that.
    On s3 they did it this way and the first medals given said week 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by mbstokem View Post
    o ya. i hope he goes back to it. i liked my name being in some1's sig

Ah, I'm sure that's it... I remember that happening on other servers now. I'm usually not in contention for a medal right at the start, but thought a little shiny one would be consolation for me being in the damn boonies and slim pickings once players start coming out of BP. I will be jealously watching the robbers board change over the next few hours. Grrrrrr.

On s3 they did it this way and the first medals given said week 2.
    Same thing with the last round of s1. That's usually how it works.
    HEY!!! WTF are you doing looking down here? My post is up there idiot! ^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Baron80 View Post
    You really showed me. Even though I know you just handed my *** as much as one can on a forum.
    us5r7(AE) - Ghostbusters

Quote Originally Posted by nips27 View Post
    Same thing with the last round of s1. That's usually how it works.
    I think week 1 medals are becoming more and more rare, the server has to start on a Monday or at the latest Tuesday for a true week 1 medal to be earned.
    o ya. i hope he goes back to it. i liked my name being in some1's sig

Customer Service Team playingwithfire's Avatar

The server started mid week. Medals will be given out next Sunday after a full week of play.

This just in.... all week 1 medals will now be a life size model of Rick James.

Whenever the proud owner looks upon it with joy...

Last edited by Gressor2; 07-22-2014 at 03:01 AM.
    us1rd4 Gressor2 / Narwhal
    us1rd5 Elmo / RetrofitMID
    us1rd6 JL Picard
    us1rd7 Putin
    us5-AE Happy Gilmore

Quote Originally Posted by bugzy View Post
    It's huggling when they do it, it's strategy when I do it.

So, very odd. Got a medal at 8pm NY time. Top-10 has reset on a very strange hour.

Yeah, what the crap is up with that? Even Travian staff doesn't know what's going on here?
    s1: The Dude
    s19: Venom

Mods be all up on deeznutz

Ex- Head Multihunter

It was actually news to us, I suspect largely for two reasons, which should hopefully be clear in a moment. After talking to TechSupport about it, it turns out that the server is programmed to check to see if medals should be awarded on Sunday midnight, and whether or not medals should be awarded is based upon the percentage of players in Beginner's Protection. If medals are not able to be awarded at that regular time, then the server has instructions to continue checking (I think every hour) until enough players are out of BP and medals are able to be awarded. Thus, those accounts that spawned when the server started on Thursday at 7 pm, came out of BP tonight around 7 pm, and so enough accounts were out of BP when the server checked at 8 pm, and boom - medals awarded.

So, two reasons why this really hasn't come up before, I think…

one is that it seems like our servers are being started later in the week, so more players are in BP when the usual Sunday night time comes around (or I may be imagining that),

and two, and probably more importantly, with the enforced extended BP and late week starts, it's unlikely we'll be seeing medals for the first week at the day and time at which we are accustomed, due to the number of accounts still in BP at the usual time.

This week's medals will be awarded at the time at which we are accustomed, since the majority of accounts will be out of BP from here on out. (/me crosses her fingers and hopes a boatload of silver bots don't spawn and mess that up)
    Last edited by Ex- HMH; 07-22-2014 at 03:17 AM.

we missed our #1 raiders medal
    now we have to do it with a #2 medal....
    Last edited by timhoofd; 07-22-2014 at 07:51 AM. Reason: tsk, language

Tradesperson

Quote Originally Posted by timhoofd View Post
    we missed our #1 raiders medal
    now we have to do it with a #2 medal....
    I think your doing it wrong. Usually you do "it" with a Man or a Woman. But hey who am I to dissuade you.