Thread: Auction House Bug?

Default Auction House Bug?

I placed a bid on the helmet of the calvary for 5001, got outbid for 750 silver. Thought maybe I made a mistake and put 501, so tried again on another helm, got outbid for 1001. Thought I was going crazy and placed yet another bid on yet another helm. This bid was 10001, got outbid for 1155.

Browser is the most recent chrome, I do not share passwords. I also have around 30k silver, more than enough to place the above bids.

I have checked numerous times throughout the bidding process, and it seems as though my bid is in place. But then, at random times, I get outbid by far lesser amounts. What is going on?
    Quote Originally Posted by LordDeath View Post
    Your a sarcastic smart ***. Two things I don't like in a person.
    US4R7-Mr. Pig

You are overbidding by too much. The game values items based on what it has recently sold for and throws out bids that are deemed too high. This is to prevent silver bots from transferring silver to other accounts (in t4.0 you would see single ointments selling for tens of thousands of silver).
    While I get why they added the limits a few years ago, I think they set the limits far too low as regular users often run into them as you have.
    S6-r1 The_Chuck S8-r1 Lanie (night shift) S5-r3 Tyche (night shift) S7-r3 Chuckles (night shift)
    S2-r6 Tommo and rebuild S1-r7 Country (day shift) S5-r7(AEU) Office Space S19-r2 (SE) The Joker

That's weird. Wonder why they wouldn't just replace the much-too-large bid with one that meets the requirements. Also weird that when I go back to check my bids, it shows my bid and that I am the highest bidder, instead of not showing either (which I would expect it to do if I was bidding too high). I just placed one for 2001, so we'll see if that works.
    Quote Originally Posted by LordDeath View Post
    Your a sarcastic smart ***. Two things I don't like in a person.
    US4R7-Mr. Pig