Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cold War Mafia

So is it that mafia was RB'ed on first night?

Mr. RB'er, we'd like hints.

Role blocks are not listed? That makes this a lot harder since we can't narrow down suspects. :/

So why does Burnie want to make it hard on town....must be to balance things...plus the role blocker knows who they blocked, so the knowledge is not lost but must be more subtly reveiled.
    Note:Any posts made by this poster should always be construed in the most innocent angelic way possible. The poster is not responsible for where your depraved minds go, if you have a depraved mind.

Our Lady of Croppers ~Semper DOS~ ~Viva Toons~ || This area intentionally left blank. || The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity ~ Harlan Ellison

Quote Originally Posted by Vinit144 View Post
    Mr. RB'er, we'd like hints.
    I don't know if the RBer outing himself would be a good idea this early.

There could also a poisoner role in play as well... Also since there are 12 roles and 12 players it would make sense that every role is in play but that would be horribly unbalanced for the town. So question to Mr. hostinator: Do some people have the same roles?

Quote Originally Posted by Rokchick View Post
    I'm not so sure it would.

But I have no reason to vote anyone else, so quick:
    are you mafia?
    Nope. In fact, I've already hinted at my role.

But my vote on Jason stands if only because I have nothing else. Nothing personal buddy.

-32 degrees latitude, free, safe and warm

Bit of a waste of a night.
    For no particular reason..
    Vote: vpin
    I'm glad I'm not judgemental like all you smug, superficial idiots

"The edge of the world and all of Western civilization"

Quote Originally Posted by Valynor View Post
    I looked back and caught that .

Vote: Valor
    Reason: Scum claim
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Arnold View Post
    Now go on you, shoo!

Vote: Jason

Reason: Putting my bet on Valynor's claim. Hoping for the best.

Cant vote no lynch and no mafia kill screams inactive. Jason is clever enough to make us want to think that. Its a placeholder since I have nothing to go off of.
    Sure, pick on a fellow teal, why don't you? I am clever enough to do such a thing. But so are many others here. And, as someone else has mentioned since your post, there's also the potential of a poisoner.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildfire8 View Post
    Vote:MK
    Reason:Lowest probability of being town as of now (not a great reason but its something) and want to get him talking because he was super quiet last round as mafia.
    Took me a second to figure this out. But yes, a marginally lower probability of being Town. Given 12 random roles split Town/Mafia/Indie (likely multiple vanilla's, as I'll mention below)... MK can't be the doctor. Anyone else can be any of the 12 roles. But the slight difference I'll say isn't even worth pursuing at this point. There are often much better odds in Mafia that people don't follow. Here, assuming 3 Mafia, everyone else has 3/12=25% chance of being Mafia, and MK has 3/11=28% chance.

Quote Originally Posted by The Burninator View Post
    Clarificatory points:
    1) All possible roles were listed in the OP. I believe the only protect role was a doctor, so there shouldn't be confusion over bodyguard or not.
    2) There are actions that are listed in the KP and actions that are not. RBs aren't listed, if there are any, nor are switches, if there was one. Protects are listed whether or not they are successful.
    This is not cool. Definitely anti-Town hosting! RB's and switches not listed means these roles would have to be convincing enough of the info they know... or basically would have to soft-claim their role, if there was a potential lead from their knowledge, making them very vulnerable. And with a potential Mafia Poisoner, even a potential lead might not pan out.

And then also the Doctor being listed all the time means we don't even know if it was successful. Useless, I say.

So is it that mafia was RB'ed on first night?
    We really won't know until we see if there was a poisoning tomorrow. And at that point, if there was no poisoning, the RB'er could say who they blocked night-1.

But my vote on Jason stands if only because I have nothing else. Nothing personal buddy.
    Quote Originally Posted by FTP View Post
    I looked back and caught that .

Vote: Valor
    Reason: Scum claim
    Interesting response FTP. You think Valy hinted at being Mafia?

Reason: Putting my bet on Valynor's claim. Hoping for the best.
    Vinit, you've played smarter than this previously - are you really trying to start a bandwagon on me? Valy hasn't hinted at being the Detective if that's what you're thinking. He specifically said he has nothing else, except a hunch that I could pull a stunt like not submitting a night-1 kill (even though he would do such a thing himself, and so might a few others this round).

Strong FoS: Vinit

Nope. Not a hint to being scum as I'm not. Keep thinking.

I think I am going to need many more cups of coffee before I can figure out what is going on....if then.

I have no read on any one, except that MK is still being very silent as is his wont.
    Note:Any posts made by this poster should always be construed in the most innocent angelic way possible. The poster is not responsible for where your depraved minds go, if you have a depraved mind.

Our Lady of Croppers ~Semper DOS~ ~Viva Toons~ || This area intentionally left blank. || The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity ~ Harlan Ellison

Nope. Not a hint to being scum as I'm not. Keep thinking.
    No, I saw your claim. I know how to Google quotes.
    Now go on you, shoo!

The country with the world's longest official name

Quote Originally Posted by jason_kroeker View Post
    Sure, pick on a fellow teal, why don't you? I am clever enough to do such a thing. But so are many others here. And, as someone else has mentioned since your post, there's also the potential of a poisoner.
    Poisoner seems like the most likely option.

Quote Originally Posted by jason_kroeker View Post
    And then also the Doctor being listed all the time means we don't even know if it was successful. Useless, I say.
    Burn, does the KP state if the doctor actually did anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Flossie Schmumpus View Post
    I think I am going to need many more cups of coffee before I can figure out what is going on....if then.

I have no read on any one, except that MK is still being very silent as is his wont.
    Being pestered to post is being added to my list of really annoying things (also a bit hypocritical, given that you've barely said anything except telling me to post).

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse-Keyboard View Post
    Burn, does the KP state if the doctor actually did anything?
    The KP states who was protected by the doctor, not whether or not the protect was ... um, effective.

vote: Flossie
    Reason:
    non-commital posting
    But I'm also leaving my strong FoS on Vinit.

Vote: FTP
    Reason: His avatar says no damn pandas and I love them.

Seriously though we're shooting in the dark I feel. I just urge everyone with an important role to use them cleverly, I feel like it's going to be more difficult without more details in kp's

Sorry was gone much longer than expected with pt...

Jason, I am non-committal simply because there is nothing to commit to.....everything is sort of up in the air, I have yet to see any real red flags. So I am pretty well lost. Heck....I am not even getting Valy's soft claim. So I am basically lost.

And not to jump on ANY bandwagon, I don't get the claim either!

If Valy's claim is true, then there's really no reason to follow a lynch on Jk. As it is though it's a pretty safe soft claim to make as a mafia member as there are probably multiple people with the same role.

so FOS: Valynor

I have no idea who to actually vote for though since its basically a stab in the dark at this point.

vote: rok
    reason: throwaway vote with the little info we have

Quote Originally Posted by bw87 View Post
    vote: rok
    reason: throwaway vote with the little info we have
    As opposed to your thowaway vote with the little information we have???? Who should I have voted for?

Vote:FTP
    I think this makes it a tie which is always interesting. We still have an hour till KP right?
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelman View Post
    If I don't attack any WWs, can I take credit for the win?

Trick question, of course I can. After all, here in the forum no rules apply. Folks just declare themselves the winner. Easier. No unpleasant bending.
    Pap is trying to do a wildfire with weird.

Sorry unvote:vote: FTP
    Let's see what happens

Trick question, of course I can. After all, here in the forum no rules apply. Folks just declare themselves the winner. Easier. No unpleasant bending.

Vote: Slip
    Eh.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonothan Crane
    Patients suffering delusional episodes often focus their paranoia on an external tormentor. Usually one conforming to Jungian archetypes. In this case, a scarecrow.

Unvote
    Vote: Rok
    Reason:
    gut

As opposed to your thowaway vote with the little information we have???? Who should I have voted for?
    Anyone really. There isn't anything to go off of yet. I voted for you because i dont think a train will start.

Lol speak a little too soon?
    Would someone mind doing a vote count? I'm on mobile so it's pretty hard

I don't really care tonight. Any reason someone attempts to give for their vote today will be baseless. Including mine. It's basically RVS, like somebody already said.
    Now go on you, shoo!

Quote Originally Posted by vpindian91 View Post
    If Valy's claim is true, then there's really no reason to follow a lynch on Jk. As it is though it's a pretty safe soft claim to make as a mafia member as there are probably multiple people with the same role.

so FOS: Valynor

I have no idea who to actually vote for though since its basically a stab in the dark at this point.
    I never wanted anyone to follow my vote. I said it was basically a throwaway vote.

KP2

SC has died of poison. It's an unfortunate occurrence, really. But they say he ran afoul of one or two KGB operatives by accidentally stumbling in on one of their secret meetings, so they had to kill him to preserve their anonymity. Anyway, SC was President Eisenhower.

The HUAC has blacklisted FTP after a deadlocked vote. FTP was The American People. Well. That's awkward.

[Haunt] Oh... was the vote tied up? Didn't even notice. [/haunt]
    Now go on you, shoo!

Vote: JK
    FoS: WF, bw, Slip, etc.
    JK tried to start a train on me, the others voted town as well. Probably a few more did too. I'm guessing it was me that had the tied vote (anyone else?) and it should almost clear me and anyone else who was tied.

JK tried to start a train on me, the others voted town as well. Probably a few more did too. I'm guessing it was me that had the tied vote (anyone else?) and it should almost clear me and anyone else who was tied.
    I'm not understanding what you're saying. Why would you be cleared?

Well if there were tied votes, and one of the targets was mafs, they would untie it to save them.
    Although, I guess if if there are only 2 of them, they might not be able to.

Well if there were tied votes, and one of the targets was mafs, they would untie it to save them.
    This sounds like a very very strange argument.....it sounds mafiaish to me.

There are multiple Vanilla Townies. I am pretty sure about that. Other than that, what Rok said sounds kinda correct to me.

But I do not understand how Flossie doesn't find it so.

FoS - Flossie.

That...sounds off to me.

Vote: Rok

There are multiple Vanilla Townies. I am pretty sure about that. Other than that, what Rok said sounds kinda correct to me.

But I do not understand how Flossie doesn't find it so.

FoS - Flossie.
    Its a strange line of thought to make suspicions off of. But I may be rusty.