Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 120 of 205

Thread: Cold War Mafia

  1. #81
    Consul Rokchick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    -32 degrees latitude, free, safe and warm
    Posts
    8,564

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valynor View Post
    Its a strange line of thought to make suspicions off of. But I may be rusty.
    Why? It's a fairly obvious one. Why would mafia let one of their own get lynched so early? They wouldn't. They didn't. So therefore they didn't care if it was me or FT that got the chop. Was there 2 votes on anyone else? It is feasible that they left it as is if there were already 2 on anyone not mafs, but otherwise, they would avert a lynch by making sure they voted to stop a random lynch.

    Has anyone had a crack at working out the likely number of whatevers this round?
    I'm glad I'm not judgemental like all you smug, superficial idiots

  2. #82

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rokchick View Post
    Why? It's a fairly obvious one. Why would mafia let one of their own get lynched so early? They wouldn't. They didn't. So therefore they didn't care if it was me or FT that got the chop. Was there 2 votes on anyone else? It is feasible that they left it as is if there were already 2 on anyone not mafs, but otherwise, they would avert a lynch by making sure they voted to stop a random lynch.

    Has anyone had a crack at working out the likely number of whatevers this round?
    Either that or mafia were ready to let one of their own get lynched. But that is highly unlikely.
    And there is too little info for anyone to guess anything out of all this.

    Just that there is a poisoner. That's it. The doctor is already dead so no use of that.
    But yeah, all 12 roles are not in play for sure. With the likely decrease in mafia roles.

    I am not sure of this, but I think the Godfather has to be there every round right? So the other one will be evident tomorrow.
    Btw, why wasn't there any mafia kill today? Or can one role (i.e., poisoner here) attack multiple times in a row?

  3. #83

    Default

    There's alot of factors in that. It wasnt a simple tied vote. I, for instance, didn't even realize there was a tie or I probably would have changed my vote. Not to mention its far too early for the mafia to show their hand. I'd probably leave a threeway tie be and hope for the best.

  4. #84

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rokchick View Post
    Vote: JK
    FoS: WF, bw, Slip, etc.
    JK tried to start a train on me, the others voted town as well. Probably a few more did too. I'm guessing it was me that had the tied vote (anyone else?) and it should almost clear me and anyone else who was tied.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokchick View Post
    Well if there were tied votes, and one of the targets was mafs, they would untie it to save them.
    Although, I guess if if there are only 2 of them, they might not be able to.
    Lol Really Rok? I voted for FTP to make a tie to try and draw out mafia to break it.
    Not to mention last night was basically RVS.
    I also agree with valy though that just because mafia didn't vote to break the tie doesn't clear you and JK.
    Whoever did break it would have definitely had my lynch today so they probably played the odds if one of you were scum.

    tl;dr Rok needs to stop smoking rocks and post reasoning that is actually reasonable lol
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelman View Post
    If I don't attack any WWs, can I take credit for the win?

    Trick question, of course I can. After all, here in the forum no rules apply. Folks just declare themselves the winner. Easier. No unpleasant bending.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokchick View Post
    Pap is trying to do a wildfire with weird.

  5. #85

    Default

    EBWOP: Super big lol I just realized you voted for JK who was the third person tied with you and FTP in the three way tie.
    So... if you followed your own reasoning since JK wasn't saved from the tie he must be town... but then you go and vote for him.
    Yeah that makes sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelman View Post
    If I don't attack any WWs, can I take credit for the win?

    Trick question, of course I can. After all, here in the forum no rules apply. Folks just declare themselves the winner. Easier. No unpleasant bending.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokchick View Post
    Pap is trying to do a wildfire with weird.

  6. #86

    Default

    Allright I'm tired and about to pass out but one more thing.
    Double Wow!
    JK FTP and Rok were all tied at two votes only because Valy forgot to bold his vote!
    JK would have been lynched if unbolded votes were counted. But of course burn would never do that.
    Not sure if there is anything suspicious or telling from it cause I'm too tired to think through possible scenarios but it is interesting that JK only escaped the lynch by a vote being messed up and then pure luck/ probability.
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelman View Post
    If I don't attack any WWs, can I take credit for the win?

    Trick question, of course I can. After all, here in the forum no rules apply. Folks just declare themselves the winner. Easier. No unpleasant bending.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokchick View Post
    Pap is trying to do a wildfire with weird.

  7. #87

    Default

    My vote didnt count? Oops

  8. #88
    Consul Rokchick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    -32 degrees latitude, free, safe and warm
    Posts
    8,564

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wildfire8 View Post
    EBWOP: Super big lol I just realized you voted for JK who was the third person tied with you and FTP in the three way tie.
    So... if you followed your own reasoning since JK wasn't saved from the tie he must be town... but then you go and vote for him.
    Yeah that makes sense.
    Well actually I missed that JK had 2 votes. I'll check that when I get off the phone. if he did, I'll add to the less likely list.
    Unvote
    I'm glad I'm not judgemental like all you smug, superficial idiots

  9. #89

    Default

    All right based on two players trying to lynch lead on JK and then playing the oops card I got a good feeling he's town which if true is good for us.
    One of these two is scum but I'm going with Vote:Rok
    Because my gut and tradition demand it.
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelman View Post
    If I don't attack any WWs, can I take credit for the win?

    Trick question, of course I can. After all, here in the forum no rules apply. Folks just declare themselves the winner. Easier. No unpleasant bending.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokchick View Post
    Pap is trying to do a wildfire with weird.

  10. #90

    Default

    Is Wildfire always this defensive? I dont believe I've ever played with him.

  11. #91
    Consul Rokchick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    -32 degrees latitude, free, safe and warm
    Posts
    8,564

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wildfire8 View Post
    All right based on two players trying to lynch lead on JK and then playing the oops card I got a good feeling he's town which if true is good for us.
    One of these two is scum but I'm going with Vote:Rok
    Because my gut and tradition demand it.
    Sorry WF, I can still only see one vote on JK yesterday. Who other than vinit voted for him? And no don't count valy. when I'm vote counting I only look at bolded text, or it could take all night.

    Maybe it's valy and JK playing games! Or you and JK!
    Back we go

    Vote: JK
    I'm glad I'm not judgemental like all you smug, superficial idiots

  12. #92

    Default

    Only a maf would try to get JK lynched early.
    Vote: Rok
    Reason: best so far

    Also, what does RVS mean?

  13. #93


    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,072

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FA Slippery View Post
    Only a maf would try to get JK lynched early.
    Vote: Rok
    Reason: best so far

    Also, what does RVS mean?
    I might be biased, but I like this reasoning. Vinit is still my highest on the scum-radar though, but I don't understand Rok either this game.

  14. #94

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jason_kroeker View Post
    I might be biased, but I like this reasoning. Vinit is still my highest on the scum-radar though, but I don't understand Rok either this game.
    Vinit is on my list too, but I can't bring myself to change my vote from Rok.

  15. #95

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jason_kroeker View Post
    I might be biased, but I like this reasoning. Vinit is still my highest on the scum-radar though, but I don't understand Rok either this game.
    I think my role should have been evident by now. I am hoping you missed that or else there's something fishy here.

  16. #96

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vinit144 View Post
    I think my role should have been evident by now. I am hoping you missed that or else there's something fishy here.
    Actually, what you've said so far is the one thing that's kept me off of you entirely. Otherwise I may have switched gears.

  17. #97

    Default

    Last night's vote was entirely because I am kind of clueless this time around since there is too little information to work on.
    I think that's the only thing that has spooked JK. Haha.

  18. #98

    Flossie Schmumpus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    I apparently exist
    Posts
    11,120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valynor View Post
    Is Wildfire always this defensive? I dont believe I've ever played with him.
    He is an absolute kook, it takes me forever to wade through his posts and unpack them. He will suddenly shoot off 4-5 of them in a row.

    Quote Originally Posted by FA Slippery View Post
    Only a maf would try to get JK lynched early.
    Vote: Rok
    Reason: best so far

    Also, what does RVS mean?
    Slip????? ...... How long have you been playing? RVS: Random Vote Stage (took me forever to figure it out...years?)

    Quote Originally Posted by Vinit144 View Post
    I think my role should have been evident by now. I am hoping you missed that or else there's something fishy here.
    Clearly I need help in the soft claim area....I am missing yours too.
    Note:Any posts made by this poster should always be construed in the most innocent angelic way possible. The poster is not responsible for where your depraved minds go, if you have a depraved mind.

    Our Lady of Croppers ~Semper DOS~ ~Viva Toons~ || This area intentionally left blank. || The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity ~ Harlan Ellison

  19. #99

  20. #100
    Merchant bw87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,007

    Default

    Rok has a valid argument. Why would mafia risk lynching their own?

    fos: valy, slip
    reason: above

  21. #101
    Senator Mouse-Keyboard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The country with the world's longest official name
    Posts
    3,724

    Default

    So I decided to make a table of roles again (not sure how useful it will be though).

  22. #102

    Flossie Schmumpus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    I apparently exist
    Posts
    11,120

    Default

    I noticed that mafia didn't have a current kill. I am going to assume they are active. They may have sent the poisoner again or they might have gotten blocked. If we do not have a death by poison tonight we can assume who ever got role blocked last night was either the poisoner or some other mafia guy.

    The roleblocker of course will have to subtly hint this...and I will likely miss it....with my luck they already hinted and it went whoosh over my head.

    Still not getting a strong feeling on anyone.
    Note:Any posts made by this poster should always be construed in the most innocent angelic way possible. The poster is not responsible for where your depraved minds go, if you have a depraved mind.

    Our Lady of Croppers ~Semper DOS~ ~Viva Toons~ || This area intentionally left blank. || The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity ~ Harlan Ellison

  23. #103


    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,072

    Default

    If people (like Vinit) are saying it should be obvious who they've hinted at being, and it is *not* obvious to most of us, that's often a Mafia ploy to make them sound Town-ish.

    Also, votes switched and were added so late last night, that not everyone was online and if the right Mafia member(s) weren't there, maybe a Mafia could have been up for lynch. So no one is cleared (in my opinion) by voting patterns yesterday.

    I agree with Flossie though, about the likelihood of a poisoner sent again last night, and if no poison death tomorrow, a RB would be the likely cause (though doctor save could be the reason too). However, having had 2 of us say this now, going forward (from what Mafia might send tonight) may no longer be a valid argument, since we've now put an idea in their heads. WIFOM!

    Vote: Vinit

  24. #104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jason_kroeker View Post
    If people (like Vinit) are saying it should be obvious who they've hinted at being, and it is *not* obvious to most of us, that's often a Mafia ploy to make them sound Town-ish.

    Also, votes switched and were added so late last night, that not everyone was online and if the right Mafia member(s) weren't there, maybe a Mafia could have been up for lynch. So no one is cleared (in my opinion) by voting patterns yesterday.

    I agree with Flossie though, about the likelihood of a poisoner sent again last night, and if no poison death tomorrow, a RB would be the likely cause (though doctor save could be the reason too). However, having had 2 of us say this now, going forward (from what Mafia might send tonight) may no longer be a valid argument, since we've now put an idea in their heads. WIFOM!

    Vote: Vinit
    I will say Vinit has subtly claimed and I did catch it but he's claiming the same as me which is very well possible.

  25. #105
    Senator Mouse-Keyboard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The country with the world's longest official name
    Posts
    3,724

    Default

    Vote: Wildfire
    Reason:
    Changed vote to FTP

    Quote Originally Posted by Flossie Schmumpus View Post
    The roleblocker of course will have to subtly hint this...and I will likely miss it....with my luck they already hinted and it went whoosh over my head.
    The trouble with that is that the Mafia can see it just as easily as the town.

    Quote Originally Posted by Flossie Schmumpus View Post
    Still not getting a strong feeling on anyone.
    FoS: Flossie
    Reason:
    Non-commital (as JK said earlier)

    Quote Originally Posted by jason_kroeker View Post
    If people (like Vinit) are saying it should be obvious who they've hinted at being, and it is *not* obvious to most of us, that's often a Mafia ploy to make them sound Town-ish.
    I spotted it (although I thought it was accidental at the time).

  26. #106
    Consul Rokchick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    -32 degrees latitude, free, safe and warm
    Posts
    8,564

    Default

    Looks like I might die tonight. And then you will STILL have the same mafs left to deal with.

    I make it 3 on me and 1 each on WF, vinit and JK.

    I still have Jason in my sights, mainly because he missed a hint even I got, and I'm lousy at it. But WF is looking dodgy as. Who else is "in trouble" for targeting JK? And why are you so protective of him if you don't know he's town?
    I'm glad I'm not judgemental like all you smug, superficial idiots

  27. #107

    Default

    Unvote: Rok
    Withholding judgement for the moment.

  28. #108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rokchick View Post
    Sorry WF, I can still only see one vote on JK yesterday. Who other than vinit voted for him? And no don't count valy. when I'm vote counting I only look at bolded text, or it could take all night.

    Maybe it's valy and JK playing games! Or you and JK!
    Back we go

    Vote: JK
    Oooh you're right my bad I counted Valy's as real so I thought it was 3 way. And then I noticed later that Valy's didn't count but for some reason still assumed it was a 3 way.
    So yeah I guess my stuff about that was wrong. Still kinda weird you're voting for JK I'm reading town but whatever whatever
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse-Keyboard View Post
    Vote: Wildfire
    Reason:
    Changed vote to FTP
    Lol I changed my vote from you to FTP so of all people you should be happy. I moved it, as I stated earlier I believe, to create a tie to try and draw out some mafia.
    Although in hind sight if Valys vote didn't count FTP might have had 2 and then Rok tied with him. Either way it was RVS and I like messing with him.
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelman View Post
    If I don't attack any WWs, can I take credit for the win?

    Trick question, of course I can. After all, here in the forum no rules apply. Folks just declare themselves the winner. Easier. No unpleasant bending.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokchick View Post
    Pap is trying to do a wildfire with weird.

  29. #109

    Default

    hmm wow I was about to take my vote off Rok Valy but now... self preservation, I'm hanging on for dear life.
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelman View Post
    If I don't attack any WWs, can I take credit for the win?

    Trick question, of course I can. After all, here in the forum no rules apply. Folks just declare themselves the winner. Easier. No unpleasant bending.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokchick View Post
    Pap is trying to do a wildfire with weird.

  30. #110

    Default

    Ahh crap now Rok is gonna put her vote on me for sure to save herself. She's scum I tell you kill her!
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelman View Post
    If I don't attack any WWs, can I take credit for the win?

    Trick question, of course I can. After all, here in the forum no rules apply. Folks just declare themselves the winner. Easier. No unpleasant bending.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokchick View Post
    Pap is trying to do a wildfire with weird.

  31. #111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wildfire8 View Post
    hmm wow I was about to take my vote off Rok Valy but now... self preservation, I'm hanging on for dear life.
    Vote: Wildfire

    Reason: I have no idea who to vote for. So I'll sow a bit of chaos.

  32. #112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valynor View Post
    Vote: Wildfire

    Reason: I have no idea who to vote for. So I'll sow a bit of chaos.
    Nah this is payback for that fantasy mafia round spamming isn't it lol don't lie
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelman View Post
    If I don't attack any WWs, can I take credit for the win?

    Trick question, of course I can. After all, here in the forum no rules apply. Folks just declare themselves the winner. Easier. No unpleasant bending.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokchick View Post
    Pap is trying to do a wildfire with weird.

  33. #113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wildfire8 View Post
    Nah this is payback for that fantasy mafia round spamming isn't it lol don't lie
    Nah I'm over it. I enjoy watching fireworks if I dont have a solution.

  34. #114

    Flossie Schmumpus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    I apparently exist
    Posts
    11,120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jason_kroeker View Post
    If people (like Vinit) are saying it should be obvious who they've hinted at being, and it is *not* obvious to most of us, that's often a Mafia ploy to make them sound Town-ish.

    Also, votes switched and were added so late last night, that not everyone was online and if the right Mafia member(s) weren't there, maybe a Mafia could have been up for lynch. So no one is cleared (in my opinion) by voting patterns yesterday.

    I agree with Flossie though, about the likelihood of a poisoner sent again last night, and if no poison death tomorrow, a RB would be the likely cause (though doctor save could be the reason too). However, having had 2 of us say this now, going forward (from what Mafia might send tonight) may no longer be a valid argument, since we've now put an idea in their heads. WIFOM!

    Vote: Vinit
    I think the doctor is already dead, so he can't save us.
    Note:Any posts made by this poster should always be construed in the most innocent angelic way possible. The poster is not responsible for where your depraved minds go, if you have a depraved mind.

    Our Lady of Croppers ~Semper DOS~ ~Viva Toons~ || This area intentionally left blank. || The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity ~ Harlan Ellison

  35. #115

    Flossie Schmumpus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    I apparently exist
    Posts
    11,120

    Default

    Vote: JK

    Reason: Just gives me a oogie feeling.
    Note:Any posts made by this poster should always be construed in the most innocent angelic way possible. The poster is not responsible for where your depraved minds go, if you have a depraved mind.

    Our Lady of Croppers ~Semper DOS~ ~Viva Toons~ || This area intentionally left blank. || The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity ~ Harlan Ellison

  36. #116

    Default

    Unvote: WF

    Vote: Flossie

  37. #117

    Default

    Vote : JK

    Reason: Too obvious now Jason. I wonder how you missed what I said.

  38. #118

    Default

    Reason: Too obvious now Jason. I wonder how you missed what I said. You can do better than that I think.

  39. #119

    Default

    Just as a disclaimer since I'll likely be in bed before kp, yes I know I'm acting funny as you may know if you've played with me before. I'm merely dipping my toes back into the water.

  40. #120

    Default

    Vote: JK
    Reason: Vinit's role claim was kinda obvious even to me and i usually miss those types of things but he does have a point how it would be easy for Mafia to hide behind that role since there seems to be a multitude of that role.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •