Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cold War Mafia

Default Cold War Mafia

The year is 1950, and the world is poised on the brink of nuclear devastation. Two forces seem diametrically opposed and inevitably drawn into conflict. On one side stands the United States and its European allies, devoted to republican forms of government dominated by commercial and economic interests, and on the other stands the USSR, China, and the bloc countries, whose ideological propositions claim Marxist descent including sometimes the idea that the working public even in the West will rise up and overthrow the bourgeois democracies, but whose real ideological commitments seem to be merely to political oppression and nuclear counterpoint.

Here in the United States, KGB affiliated agents and communist sympathizers threaten to deliver the Free World (TM) to the Soviets. We cannot allow this to happen. To win this game of political intrigue, the Communists must be successfully blacklisted. Fail, and America will never be the same.

Roles
    True, Blue Blooded Americans
    Senator Joe McCarthy -- The architect of the Red Scare, known later as 'McCarthyism.' This powerful senator's accusations are taken quite seriously, at least for now, and all it takes is a simple accusation to tie a player up for an entire night, unable to complete their normal tasks. [Town Roleblock]
    J. Edgar Hoover -- Powerful, rich, and influential anti-Communist deeply involved in the destruction of the American communist party. This conservative ideologue is capable of providing a significant quantity of campaign financing. As a result, one might be compelled to take his votes into consideration more heavily than the votes of others. [Doublevoter]
    Rep. Martin Dies -- Chair of the Dies Committee, this lawmaker has the power to ask the $64 question: "Are you now or have you ever been a member of the Communist Party of the United States?" [Detective]
    The American People -- Often dormant, but the nexus of true, legitimate American political power. Capable of salvaging the reputations of anyone with enough popular support. [Doctor]
    President Eisenhower -- Not actively involved in the hunt for commies, Eisenhower did sanction the movement by appointing people whom he expected to support it to government offices, and by not putting an end to it by rescinding Truman executive orders authorizing it. [Vanilla Townie]
    American Communists
    The Rosenbergs -- husband and wife team of KGB operatives sent to America to leak American secrets to their masters in Moscow. These two must not only be blacklisted, but executed. [Godfather]
    The Hollywood Ten -- Refuse to submit to House inquisition into their political activities, these actors, screenwriters, and directors must have Communist ties, if only one could determine what they are. [Janitor]
    Leonard Bernstein -- A musician, composer, and 'philanthropist,' one wouldn't be surprised if this guy were also a homosexual and a traitor. Either way, his material support for the American reds doubtless complicates matters for everyday Americans trying to go about their business without having to think about whether their business is in any way good. [Mafia roleblock]
    Aaron Copland -- Classical composer for the masses, this man has consistently failed to pay tribute to those with economic privilege, and we suspect as a result that he is a Communist whose activities must be stopped. [Mafia grunt]
    Albert Einstein -- Prominent scientist, but also a Jew and a probable Red, Einstein's expertise in all things relativistic and atomic are to be reckoned with. [Poisoner]
    People With Questionable Loyalties
    Leon Trotsky -- exiled from the USSR because of something or other that Stalin didn't like about him, and allowed by the Americans to remain in hiding in Mexico. If he could only survive this superpower conflict....well, that'd be great. [Survivor]
    Justice Earl Warren -- appointed by President Eisenhower and expected to uphold McCarthyist positions in the Supreme Court, Warren switched it up with a big middle finger for the ongoing witch hunt. One can really never be sure which way he'll stand when push comes to shove. [Bus Driver]

Rules
    ~ You know, I don't know why we bother with these when there isn't anyone new in the round. Y'alls know the rules. I'll just specify the stuff that can be a question.
    1) You MAY vote "no lynch" N1, but on no other night.
    2) Hammer rule is in effect, which means if more than half of the votes are in for one person, no one may change their vote and that person will be lynched.
    3) You may not publicly roleclaim in an overt manner. If you want to hint, even as obviously as changing your avvy, be my guest. But let's make it a game, not a confessional.
    4) Roles and votes by KP time of 11PM pls.
    5) No open comms.

Players (5)
    (I haven't sent out roles because I'm uncertain of the full list as of yet. If your name is in pink especially, please confirm your status as playing or not playing. Some of you posted in the signup thread, but I don't know how to interpret your ins or not ins!)
    Kabbie
    SC -- Eisenhower
    Flossie -- was Albert Einstein
    JK -- was Sen. Joe McCarthy
    bw -- was The Rosenbergs
    MK
    FTP -- The American People
    Steph (AKA Slip) -- was Rep. Martin Dies
    Valy
    Rok -- was Justice Earl Warren
    vpin
    vinit
    WF8

KPs
    Last edited by The Burninator; 01-31-2015 at 05:33 AM.

Alright, PMing roles now. Pinks will be alternates, I guess.

EDIT: Roles are out. You may proceed with your witch hunt, dearies.
    Last edited by The Burninator; 01-25-2015 at 11:07 PM.

The country with the world's longest official name

Vote: FTP
    Reason:
    Only unshortened username in the list. Clearly Mafia

"The edge of the world and all of Western civilization"

Vote: MK
    Reason: Get on my level, breh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Arnold View Post
    Now go on you, shoo!

Vote: No Lynch

First night and all.

IMPORTANT HOSTPOST
    IF you only have 1 PM, that is your role.

IF you received a second PM, the second PM contains your role. I rerolled many of them for the reason that I didn't want late joiners to necessarily be confirmed town. I am not saying that one of the late joiners is necessarily mafia, I'm just saying I rerolled.

Thank you for your patience and grace. You're a lovely, Capitalist paradise, and may your fields of oil last forever.

Quote Originally Posted by The Burninator View Post
    [SIZE=5]IMPORTANT HOST POST
    So what you're really saying is...

tl;dr Everyone who joined late is scum.

Good2know
    Now go on you, shoo!

Flossie and Valy are scum. Discuss.

FTP is back!!! YAY
    Vote:FTP
    Reason:I missed doing this
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelman View Post
    If I don't attack any WWs, can I take credit for the win?

Trick question, of course I can. After all, here in the forum no rules apply. Folks just declare themselves the winner. Easier. No unpleasant bending.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokchick View Post
    Pap is trying to do a wildfire with weird.

Quote Originally Posted by jason_kroeker View Post
    Flossie and Valy are scum. Discuss.
    Pessimism never won any battle.

-32 degrees latitude, free, safe and warm

Vote: Burn

Oh wait.. no, dammit, I can't. No gauss either - blast, what is a poor gel to do?
    Vote: WF

I'm glad I'm not judgemental like all you smug, superficial idiots

Burnie put yelled and swore at me.....he is a meanie pooh pooh head dictator. Down with dictators.

Vote: Burnie pooh.
    Note:Any posts made by this poster should always be construed in the most innocent angelic way possible. The poster is not responsible for where your depraved minds go, if you have a depraved mind.

Our Lady of Croppers ~Semper DOS~ ~Viva Toons~ || This area intentionally left blank. || The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity ~ Harlan Ellison

Quote Originally Posted by FTP View Post
    tl;dr
    If that post was too long for you... >.<
    what is a poor gel to do?
    Be applied topically and not ingested? (If it is ingested, contact the poison control center right away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flossie Schmumpus View Post
    Burnie put yelled and swore at me
    It was more of a "typed offhandedly but in assumed a chastising tone for the lulz" type of thing. I hart you flossies . Many hart. And don't chu forget it.

Vote: No lynch

Dude was just screaming that he was a commie spy.

If that post was too long for you... >.<

Be applied topically and not ingested? (If it is ingested, contact the poison control center right away.

It was more of a "typed offhandedly but in assumed a chastising tone for the lulz" type of thing. I hart you flossies . Many hart. And don't chu forget it.

I am completely lost.
    Note:Any posts made by this poster should always be construed in the most innocent angelic way possible. The poster is not responsible for where your depraved minds go, if you have a depraved mind.

Our Lady of Croppers ~Semper DOS~ ~Viva Toons~ || This area intentionally left blank. || The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity ~ Harlan Ellison

Vote: No lunch
    Srs bsns

Quote Originally Posted by Jonothan Crane
    Patients suffering delusional episodes often focus their paranoia on an external tormentor. Usually one conforming to Jungian archetypes. In this case, a scarecrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    Vote: No lunch
    Srs bsns
    No LUNCH!!!

Okay, I shall also cast a vote
    Vote: No Lynch
    Reason:
    he's red

Vote: no lynch
    Reason: is a dirty communist

Vote: No Lunch

Reason: Must be a Commie, he doesn't like lunch.

No LUNCH!!!
    Vote: No Lunch

Reason: Must be a Commie, he doesn't like lunch.
    XD
    Yay autocorrect!

Patients suffering delusional episodes often focus their paranoia on an external tormentor. Usually one conforming to Jungian archetypes. In this case, a scarecrow.

XD
    Yay autocorrect!
    You say it was autocorrect? are you a commie too?

Stop it you ********!!! I want my lunch!
    Unvote:Vote:Yes Lunch!
    Reason:I'm starved and I want Burn to make us Burritos!

Trick question, of course I can. After all, here in the forum no rules apply. Folks just declare themselves the winner. Easier. No unpleasant bending.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildfire8 View Post
    I'm starved and I want Burn to make us Burritos!
    I get the feeling he might overcook them.
    Now go on you, shoo!

Fire roasted siracha burritos..yes yes yes.

Psst Wild.....No Lunch is the dude keeping us from getting lunch.....he is picketing the kitchen as we speak, interfering with the cooks.

KP1: I'll edit the theme into this tomorrow, likely. I'm tired and upset, mostly because I'm always surprised when I rediscover how little the people I like like me back. Someday I'll stop being surprised, and it will stop hurting so unbearably much. *sigh.*

Anyway,

No lynch was lynched and was not a person.
    MK was protected

(Text added so y'alls know that yes, that was the entire KP.)

Vote: Jason

Cant vote no lynch and no mafia kill screams inactive. Jason is clever enough to make us want to think that. Its a placeholder since I have nothing to go off of.

KP1: I'll edit the theme into this tomorrow, likely. I'm tired and upset, mostly because I'm always surprised when I rediscover how little the people I like like me back. Someday I'll stop being surprised, and it will stop hurting so unbearably much. *sigh.*
    I totally get you.

I was starting to like this one girl I just met... and then I found out she's married

Anyway, it should be noted that MK may have been protected successfully. Other than that I've got nothing.
    Now go on you, shoo!

“There are moments when I wish I could roll back the clock and take all the sadness away, but I have the feeling that if I did, the joy would be gone as well.”

*hug*

WIFOM of kill or lack thereof leads no where. RVS continues?

WIFOM of kill or lack thereof leads no where. RVS continues?
    Pretty much, not much to go off of with this kp.

Vote:MK
    Reason:Lowest probability of being town as of now (not a great reason but its something) and want to get him talking because he was super quiet last round as mafia.

Thats a solid point. But I imagine if he was successfully protected it would tell us.

-32 degrees latitude, free, safe and warm

I'm not so sure it would.

But I have no reason to vote anyone else, so quick:
    are you mafia?
    I'm glad I'm not judgemental like all you smug, superficial idiots

Quote Originally Posted by Wildfire8 View Post
    Vote:MK
    Reason:Lowest probability of being town as of now (not a great reason but its something) and want to get him talking because he was super quiet last round as mafia.
    Lowest? Oh nevermind.....wasn't thinking, but getting MK to talk would definitely be good

Does protected mean saved by the doctor?....or am I just so rummy that I can't see the bodyguard role?

And ::HUG::: ::HUG:: for Burnie, I am sorry you hurt.

Clarificatory points:
    1) All possible roles were listed in the OP. I believe the only protect role was a doctor, so there shouldn't be confusion over bodyguard or not.
    2) There are actions that are listed in the KP and actions that are not. RBs aren't listed, if there are any, nor are switches, if there was one. Protects are listed whether or not they are successful.