Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Forum Mix-Up Part Deux (A Game of Mafia)

Quote Originally Posted by The Burninator View Post
    I love you.

Me
    I'm sorry, burn. You were awesome back in the day, but my commentary got distracted by people who were talking more at the moment. I'll try to give you more attention, I promise.

FoS: Valynor
    Reason:
    experience in past rounds together says that staying suspicious is just good business. Nothing personal, you're still awesome.

As to voting, nothing for certain yet, and I have to go to sleep soon. Will be around a few hours before KP tomorrow, hopefully, so that'll give me a chance to re-***** and cast a vote.

Sorry all for being gone the short day coincided with my busiest day of the week I will be around more now. Glad to see you almost killed me with random votes I appreciate the love

Just got home from class, I'll try to come back later with something more substantial

I was going to vote for whoever Flossie voted for because I figured maybe they killed her for it. Then I looked back and saw it was me sooo....

I don't get why Rok is the interpreter. Is it cuz she's a loudmouth?
    My last "Forum Mixup" round had very clear descriptions as to why each person's namesake role was the role it was - some serious, and others random or creative. Rather than ending up with half the people matched to the same role as last round, this round I have been a little less "matching" of namesake and role, in order to make the round more creative, confusing, and fun.

Quote Originally Posted by FTP View Post
    It's weird seeing Jason's username in teal/blue/indigo (I'm colorblind so I don't really know which it is)
    Ya, I find it weird seeing my name in teal too. And the teal I was given almost makes me feel like I should get back to an Embassy and contribute there again. Meh, I'll stick to Mafia here. (Oh, and Valy also looks weird in teal).

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden sage View Post
    Anywho, we know that there's an interpreter role to explain the weird crap Jason put in the round. We know that the Coin Flipper got hella lucky with the toss last night.
    Ya, I put weird crap in the round. Enjoy, and welcome back. It was fun creating this round!

Vote: Hidden Sage

Something you said about the coin flipper getting lucky strikes me as odd. I can't quite pin it down. And since I have nothing else to go off of, there you go.

The country with the world's longest official name

My ideas as to what roles are:

Quote Originally Posted by jason_kroeker View Post
    Rokchick is an Interpreter (Action will always be listed in KP)
    Flossie Schmumpus is The Magic Fork (Action will always be listed in KP)
    Wildfire8 is Wildly Important (Action will *not* be listed in KP)
    Carni is a Vanisher (Action will *not* be listed in KP)
    The Burninator is a Burninator (Action will *not* be listed in KP)
    Hidden Sage is a Lurker (Action *might* be listed in KP)
    Vinit144 is a Very Friendly Neighbour (Action will only be listed in KP under a certain condition)
    SMod Gotmilk is The Grandma (Action will not be specifically listed in KP)
    Valynor is Mr. Clean (Action will be listed in KP, if used)
    vpindian91 is a Medicine Man (Action will always be listed in KP)
    sony1 is an Investigator (Action will *not* be listed in KP)
    kabooja is Creepy Stalker (Action will *not* be listed in KP)
    [Mouse-Keyboard is a Coin Flipper (Action will always be listed in KP)]
    [FTP is a Bad *** Collector (Action *might* be listed in KP)]
    rokchick-already explained in KP
    flossie-not sure, possibly something to do with role redirection (I think that might just be because it sounds like Morton's Fork)?
    wildfire-no idea
    carni-could be a commuter?
    burn-Arsonist?
    HS-also sounds like commuter
    vinit-presumably is the neighbour, I'm guessing they have a one shot ability to send an anonymous message in the KP
    GM-already established as godfather
    valy-already established as janitor
    vpindian91-obviously the doctor (with a bit of a twist though)
    sony-probably a detective
    kabooja-tracker/watcher?
    MK-schitzo
    FTP-inventor?

EBWODP:

Quote Originally Posted by jason_kroeker View Post
    Mouse-Keyboard used his mouse on Vinit
    This looks like there are only two possibilities, rather than the usual four (as well as a coin flip only have two outcomes).

Quote Originally Posted by Valynor View Post
    Vote: Hidden Sage

Something you said about the coin flipper getting lucky strikes me as odd. I can't quite pin it down. And since I have nothing else to go off of, there you go.
    Is it him seeming to know which roles have died (unless I've missed something, which I think I have )?

"The edge of the world and all of Western civilization"

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse-Keyboard View Post
    Is it him seeming to know which roles have died (unless I've missed something, which I think I have )?
    Only two people have died so far, and one of their roles was revealed (Vinit was SMod Gotmilk). I don't think HS has ever mentioned anything about Flossie's role. But if you find anything that would be a great reason to FoS/vote for him since it could have been a scum slip.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Arnold View Post
    Now go on you, shoo!

EBWODP:

This looks like there are only two possibilities, rather than the usual four (as well as a coin flip only have two outcomes).

Nope it was me that missed something.

Unvote: Hidden Sage

I just realized that MK is the coinflipper. For some reason, I had thought he was talking about the coin flip for the lynch.

Quote Originally Posted by Valynor View Post
    Nope it was me that missed something.

Unvote: Hidden Sage

I just realized that MK is the coinflipper. For some reason, I had thought he was talking about the coin flip for the lynch.
    What?
    Now go on you, shoo!

Quote Originally Posted by FTP View Post
    What?
    Lol don't worry about it.

I swear I'm here to play! The short day happened to coincide with my busiest day as well. I have no plans to live up to the description of the Carni role and "vanish".

Anyways, I've been thinking about it and clearly we have a janitor in the mafia as Valynor. But the description of the other mafia "as a lurker" confuses me but the fact that the action "might be listed" gives us a few clues. It means the possibility of a role-blocker. They normally always show up in the KP but they might possibly only show up if relevant. It rules out the role of detective (has the mafia ever had a detective?) as that's not ever in the KP. The other role that came to mind when it was classified "lurker" was "the sniper". But that role even if it doesn't show up every KP will always be in KP when active because it kills someone.

Long story short, could be RBer could be a completely made up role. Would be an interesting one to clarify. Do we want the mafia roles clarified first or do we want to know all the roles of the town? I'd personally like to request whoever is Rokchik to clarify the final mafia, assuming we only have the 3 fitting the roles listed.
    Calling out weak trolling since December 2012

S1 R6 - Caesarum R7 - Carni R8 - Phantom
    S2 R8 - Storeythor
    S4 R8 - Carni
    S5 R5 - Blackbird R7 - BBC
    S8 R2 - Eazykills
    S19 R1 - Seba18

[Haunts] *Facepalm* [Haunts]

-32 degrees latitude, free, safe and warm

Already it's confusing me. I almost posted something stupid because I got player and role mixed up in my head... Sigh.
    I'm glad I'm not judgemental like all you smug, superficial idiots

Have we heard from sony1 at all?

FoS: Rok

Vote: sony1.
    Reason: if mafia, we would never know it due to inactivity. As far as the information I have, it's still RVS, and this makes this a better random than anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by kabooja View Post
    Have we heard from sony1 at all?

FoS: Rok
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Rokchick View Post
    Why?
    I'm not her, but
    Dayum, terribubble KP time for me too. But anywho, not a bad night.

FoS: Hidden Sage. Almost killed someone on night 1. What were you thinking?
    Apart from that, who might kill Floss off early? Kab, vinit?
    This post is incredibly suspect. Recipe for a maff post 101: (1) complain about something, (2) write about how happy you are that "we" are winning, (3) ask tons of questions with OK but not very good logic to sow confusion.

Now your post:
    1) complain about something
    2) write that it's "not a bad night," (eg write how happy you are "we" are winning)
    3) Bad logic with a ton of question marks.

I don't think you're maff, tbh, I think you're just being you at this game (eg not terribly convincing), but I can see why someone else might think you are.

Except...
    1. It is a terrible KP time for me. 6am. So after this I don't get to defend myself.
    2. What? That's just a dumb thing to say. I say that on most good outcomes. So do heaps of others.
    3. Not bad logic at all. HS almost lynched someone. If I had done it, you'd be all over it. And you know it!

So are you an Kab in cahoots as Mafs. Or are you just giving her some dodgy leads?

very mafiaish to lay out a heap of loose rubbish and follow with "I don't really think you're maf".
    So given I have to vote now, and no one else is looking much worse...

vote: burn

Vote: Rokchick
    Reason: "Why me" + way too defensive = mob
    Now go on you, shoo!

vote: sony1
    reason: inactive so he has to go
    Calling out weak trolling since December 2012

S1 R6 - Caesarum R7 - Carni R8 - Phantom
    S2 R8 - Storeythor
    S4 R8 - Carni
    S5 R5 - Blackbird R7 - BBC
    S8 R2 - Eazykills
    S19 R1 - Seba18

FoS-FTP, Rokchik both of those votes are rather suspect although I do have to agree about that KP time being rather annoying and inconvenient for me as well.

That said I don't really see anything bad enough about either of them to vote them off at this point.
    Vote:sony1
    reason:inactive

very mafiaish to lay out a heap of loose rubbish and follow with "I don't really think you're maf".
    If you actually look at my voting history, I am somewhat good at discerning who is or isn't mafia. I don't think you're mafia despite posting like one because you always play town fool, as denoted by the fact that
    So given I have to vote now, and no one else is looking much worse...
    You went and cast your vote for a roleclaimed townie. Good move there Rokkie. Rl smrt.

EBWOP: I lol that I'm actually in second for votes on me given that I think I'm the only roleclaimed townie. I guess I'll just have to get used to playing with people like this...

I dont think Rok is mafia. Burn is....interesting but I've never played much with him before. I'll hold my vote until a bit later.

EBWOP: I lol that I'm actually in second for votes on me given that I think I'm the only roleclaimed townie. I guess I'll just have to get used to playing with people like this...
    I don't know if you read the rules, but if you actually roleclaimed you'd be dead...

Quote Originally Posted by SMod Gotmilk View Post
    I don't know if you read the rules, but if you actually roleclaimed you'd be dead...
    It was a soft claim, dearie. Those are never illegal. At least, never that I've seen.

2. Role Claiming is not permitted - you risk an insta-ban from the host if you role-claim (true or not) - hints are permitted, but please do not make them obvious, or I might consider it a role-claim.
    Tone down the obviousness, we like you better alive

Quote Originally Posted by SMod Gotmilk View Post
    Tone down the obviousness, we like you better alive
    I'm being obvious? I know I'm being obnoxious. But that's different, my calcium enhanced friend.

Vote: Sony1
    Reason: inactive

Didn't see this before. I had to reread the thread 91 times, but I got it.

Didn't see this before. I had to reread the thread 91 times, but I got it.
    Well according to GM I'm "obvious." But also, he didn't get it either. So I don't wanna call anyone a hypocrite, but have you met this man?

It looks like we're lynching an inactive today, but in future we need to for srs get people talking. HS hasn't said much and I've come to expect real analysis from him, and mostly null reads on Valy and GM. I think I'm most suspicious of Kabbie and Carni, but we'll have more info after this KP.

It looks like we're lynching an inactive today, but in future we need to for srs get people talking. HS hasn't said much and I've come to expect real analysis from him, and mostly null reads on Valy and GM. I think I'm most suspicious of Kabbie and Carni, but we'll have more info after this KP.
    HS has been free to talk for 7 hours of the 39 this round has been in play, and 30 of the 73 posts in this thread happened AFTER I went to sleep last night (and then off to work afterward). Not my fault you only talk when I'm not around to join in. If I didn't know better, I'd think you were avoiding me.

Anyway, we have an hour till cut-off, and there's real material in the thread now. So, my thoughts thus far:

The roles being named after players is causing a lot of confusion, as evidenced by Valynor and Rokchick's comments last night. I might suggest referring to the roles by their secondary titles (Mouse-Keyboard as "The Coin Flipper") for example, because that cuts back on mixups. Town is in a good spot, but dumb lynches due to confused players won't help that at all.

@Burn's softclaim. I think I see it, but I'm as bad as jason for reading those, sometimes. As it were, I feel a need to point out that rules against claims mean that a fake softclaim is VERY hard to dispel anyway. It's a bit WIFOM, but that doesn't count for as much as you think. In this case, your behavior reads town (for now), so I'll let it slide. But don't rest your entire defensive argument on "I may or may not have hinted at being a specific role yesterday." It can't last forever, after all.

@The sony1 wagon based on inactivity: current voting rate suggests we have 4 possible mislynches before it's a tied game, assuming no more town kill roles are triggered. And maybe I'm just being soft because I've been gone too long, but we're 1.7 days into the round (since yesterday was short). I'm not sure that's long enough to conclusively declare "inactive" and throw out a new-ish players' chance to partake in the round. We have time before the round is serious, so I'mma argue for mercy on the newb.

@Burn could you explain a bit on this:

I think I'm most suspicious of Kabbie and Carni, but we'll have more info after this KP.
    Because while Kabooja is null, maybe SLIGHT scum-read to me, Carni actually comes off as slightly townish in his one substantial post, though null overall due to comparative lack of noise.

Anyway, current reads:

Burn: activity leader on the round with 14 of 73 posts. Leading the logical, if cruel inactive wagon. Town, because most work done to ferret info out, and that's a LOT of attention on him that scum would like to avoid:

Sony1: completely inactive, so null. Makes a logical lynch, but I'm soft in my veteran status here.

Valynor: voted for me, temporarily, based on "misreading" something in the thread. He's smart enough to not make those mistakes often, or else my memory is being too nice. The second one is plausible enough to not warrant a vote, but my existing wariness is increased a bit by that. Null, slight lean towards scum.

Carni: interesting and plausible logic re: The Lurker role. Needs more activity to say for sure. Null

The Milkfather (SMod Gotmilk for you new kids): Behavior matches my memory of his town play with the slight snarkiness and whatnot, so Town read for now.

vpindian: only three posts, two of which are votes only. He DID make an interesting point last night about tracking what roles show up in the KP. Makes for a chance to whittle down guesses on who is what role. Skeptical scum would want us to have ANY information in that direction, since they have a Janitor role and the advantages to knowledge it provides. Null, but slight lean towards town.

Rokchick: I should feel defensive since she's trying to be a hellraiser on me, but that's SOP for Rok, so it's kind of a relief. Old times and all. Anyway, aside from pointing out my n1 vote almost killing GM (sorry, bro), she's not gotten to do MUCH yet, and that attempt to start a wagon is a bit too spotlight-intensive for a mafia who's down one member this early. Town by virtue of reckless aggression.

FTP: the opposite problem as Rok. He's not raising enough of a ruckus, and that's weirding me out. Maybe it's the absence of mbstokem in this round, but I'm a bit suspicious of him on account of sideline behavior. Null, but with a trace of scum.

Wildfire: As post-spammy as always, as of last night, and probably second-most active behind Burn, despite being gone since last night. I share vpindian's concerns about his certainty that "the Grandma" (Gotmilk role, not Gotmilk player) is the godfather. It makes sense, but it's hard to say for sure. Null, very faint trace of scum.

MK: he's more active than I remember, but it's a pleasant change. Good material, if fairly straightforward, on the role analysis and what the weird stuff does (I like your thoughts on the Magic fork, especially). Town, at least for now.

Kabooja: pointed out sony's inactivity, which sparked the wagon, but didn't vote for it. Posts before that are pretty non-commital, so Null.

And due to a lack of time to wait for more discourse, I'mma

Vote: FTP
    Reason:
    needs moar aggro

Because while I'm far from certain, and gone too long for character reads to be truly reliable, his lack of aggression is the biggest flag I have right now. I'm not saying the sony wagon is a bad call-- just that I dislike making the inactive calls.

EBWOP: I say at the beginning "7 of the 39 hours this round has been in play." as of when that was posted, it's "7 out of 40." Took longer to compile my thoughts than expected, so I apologize for the textwall.

I'm as rusty as you are HS. This is only the second round I've played in being back. Although you seem at the top of your game.

KP-2:

FTP has been RB'ed by Flossie Schmumpus and her Magic Fork.

sony1 has been lynched and was Rokchick.

Rokchick was killed by Valynor so her role is not revealed to anyone.

(forgot to add this originally)
    vpindian attempted to save SMod Gotmilk even though he did not need help.
    Last edited by jason_kroeker; 02-05-2015 at 11:42 PM.

FoS: GM
    Reason:
    Third on bandwagon against sony.

LFoS: vpin
    Reason:
    Fourth on bandwagon.

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden sage View Post
    @Burn could you explain a bit on this:

Because while Kabooja is null, maybe SLIGHT scum-read to me, Carni actually comes off as slightly townish in his one substantial post, though null overall due to comparative lack of noise.
    Kabbie -- very slight scummish read on posts, plus flossie being the first kill. If I were kabbie, I might be worried that if *someone* can tell I'm mafia from posting habits, I might be worried that person is flossie. Higher than average chances kabbie is maff then, IMO.
    Carni -- In the past when he was town (this is several rounds ago now, mind you) he was more aggressive than he was when mafia. By this I mean, my trolling him had the same sorts of results it had when I trolled Rok (she got mad at me and voted for me).

I agree that FTP is significantly less aggro that usual, but he hasn't played in a while, so...

Interesting kill choices by Valynor. I'd say there is a pattern to the killings but I haven't found it yet. Shame we lost the Interpreter.