Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 41 to 80 of 85

Thread: FTP Mafia Game Thread

  1. #41
    FTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    "The edge of the world and all of Western civilization"
    Posts
    1,752

    Default

    Well this is just great. Normally the lynch occurs before all deaths, but Valy's punishment would have to occur first, right? So does someone else get lynched after he commits suicide? Also, I did make suicide against the rules of the game, so do I just ignore his post since this is just what he wants? But that would not be fair since it would go against what I said would happen.

    Here's what I'll do:

    Valynor has been killed and banned from all future games I host, at least for a while. There will be NO Lynch in the KP today. Valynor will double as the lynch, regardless of whoever is in the lead at the cutoff.

    This decision is final. Sorry this round is off to a bad start.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Arnold View Post
    Now go on you, shoo!

  2. #42
    FTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    "The edge of the world and all of Western civilization"
    Posts
    1,752

    Default

    KP 1

    Flossie died and was the Post Scrutinizer.

    Valynor died, got lynched, and was banned - all at the same time - and was Reads Between the Lines.

    Vpindian was killed and was Fiendish Team Player.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Arnold View Post
    Now go on you, shoo!

  3. #43
    Senator Mouse-Keyboard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The country with the world's longest official name
    Posts
    3,724

    Default

    Vote: JK
    Reason:
    Bandwagoning

  4. #44
    Consul The Burninator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    The Great Garden State
    Posts
    8,570

    Default

    Vote: Rockchick
    Reason: Unvoted me when she thought she could have gotten me killed, switching to an inactive. I'd have expected her to try to kill me.

    In all seriousness though, this round is shenanigans.

  5. #45
    Consul Rokchick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    -32 degrees latitude, free, safe and warm
    Posts
    8,564

    Default

    I'm very tempted to vote for JK as well. I might leave it for now in case the hammer rule comes in unexpectedly though, and I'd rather hear his wriggling out speech first.

    foS: Jason
    I'm glad I'm not judgemental like all you smug, superficial idiots

  6. #46


    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,072

    Default

    If we are required to lynch someone night-1, I prefer to lynch someone who could slide by as Mafia without us realizing. With Valy, it was because he is that good. Other times, I look for someone who posts very little and/or is hard to get a read on. Or just someone who habitually goes inactive.

    If I had an investigation role, I would have used that on Valy and looked to lynch someone else. But I don't have one of those. In theory, night-2, we should have more to go on. But it seems there was just the lynch/suicide and a kill?

  7. #47
    Philosopher Hidden sage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    A college library
    Posts
    4,454

    Default

    Well, the powers lost night aren't THAT huge-- the host-man's changes to the roles meant the cop wasn't reliable and Valy's role would have forced weird silences on him anyway. Ohh, and the cult dies night one, which is hella useful.

    The players, though--Valynor WOULD have been an asset to town, and the reason he's gone is Jason turning my troll votes into a wagon. Well, that and Valynor rage-quitting because he didn't want to be the night 1 lynch again. Kinda unfair to fully blame either of them--a calmer Valynor gets out from the noose when I come back, see the wagon, and unvote.

    On the other hand, we lost 3 non-mafia, out of 11 people. If host-man was crazy enough to stick all three mafia in this round, we're in LYLO already. So, decent odds for a mafia lynch, even blind. But better-than-decent odds that it's game over tomorrow, if that is the case.

  8. #48
    Senator Mouse-Keyboard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The country with the world's longest official name
    Posts
    3,724

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hidden sage View Post
    Valy's role would have forced weird silences on him anyway.
    Valynor's role's catch was the incriminating posts, not the silences.

  9. #49


    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,072

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hidden sage View Post
    Well, the powers lost night aren't THAT huge-- the host-man's changes to the roles meant the cop wasn't reliable and Valy's role would have forced weird silences on him anyway. Ohh, and the cult dies night one, which is hella useful.

    The players, though--Valynor WOULD have been an asset to town, and the reason he's gone is Jason turning my troll votes into a wagon. Well, that and Valynor rage-quitting because he didn't want to be the night 1 lynch again. Kinda unfair to fully blame either of them--a calmer Valynor gets out from the noose when I come back, see the wagon, and unvote.

    On the other hand, we lost 3 non-mafia, out of 11 people. If host-man was crazy enough to stick all three mafia in this round, we're in LYLO already. So, decent odds for a mafia lynch, even blind. But better-than-decent odds that it's game over tomorrow, if that is the case.
    Valy would have been an asset to Town, now that we know he was Town. However, yesterday we didn't know that. He was just as likely as anyone else to be Mafia, and could easily sway votes as he did last game.

    Also, on night-1, I would hardly call a 2nd vote a bandwagon. It was simply a calculated vote, for reasons I have stated.

    As for potential LYLO, I sure hope there are not 3 Mafia. At 11 total players, it is a toss-up for 2 or 3. The Mafia roles look weak, which would indicate probably 3. However, Town roles are also weak, so it could go either way. The other thing is - there are 11 potential roles listed and 11 players, so he may have just used each once... but roles were posted before actual number of players were known.

    Also, where is everybody? Almost no one posted last night after KP.

  10. #50
    Consul Rokchick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    -32 degrees latitude, free, safe and warm
    Posts
    8,564

    Default

    I claim beach leave as my excuse. I'm still not sure what to do though. I should get back on before KP in the morning though.
    But, just in case, for slightly better reason than his:
    Vote: Burn
    I'm glad I'm not judgemental like all you smug, superficial idiots

  11. #51


    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,072

    Default

    So, Burn votes Rok and Rok votes Burn. MK votes me. Should I vote MK? I really don't get any worse feeling from MK than any of the others posting here since KP - basically every argument is grasping at straws. If anything, watch for people lurking and not posting much. So easy for Mafia to watch Town argue against Town.

  12. #52
    Consul The Burninator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    The Great Garden State
    Posts
    8,570

    Default

    I actually get maff vibes from Rok this game though.

  13. #53


    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,072

    Default

    Like always? I mean, her last few posts don't seem right. But I'm reserving judgement since I may be reactionary/defensive since she FoS'ed me.

  14. #54
    Consul The Burninator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    The Great Garden State
    Posts
    8,570

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jason_kroeker View Post
    Like always? I mean, her last few posts don't seem right. But I'm reserving judgement since I may be reactionary/defensive since she FoS'ed me.
    I typically ignore her.

  15. #55

    Default

    Okay so that was a weird little turn of events. Valy we will miss you. You could've been a strong town asset. Personally though if there's no no-lynch allowed I don't blame people for voting for him. We have nothing to go off of and he's one who could easily fool us later on if he was mafs. So while he could've been a strong town asset he also could've been a strong mafia asset. Either way HS would've changed his vote and it would've made no difference but we have what we have.

    As for what's happened since KP rok and Burn are fighting like usual and besides that MK votes for Jason? For something I think personally is acceptable. Jason is being his typical reserved self and there's little to go off of. I don't know what I'm going to do.
    Calling out weak trolling since December 2012

    S1 R6 - Caesarum R7 - Carni R8 - Phantom
    S2 R8 - Storeythor
    S4 R8 - Carni
    S5 R5 - Blackbird R7 - BBC
    S8 R2 - Eazykills
    S19 R1 - Seba18

  16. #56
    Philosopher Hidden sage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    A college library
    Posts
    4,454

    Default

    Vote: MK
    Reason:
    I still think Valy being gone is dumb, but it's as much his fault for raging as jason's for bandwagoning. And MK's instant reaction vote on jason is INCREDIBLY opportunistic-looking around that whole fiasco.

  17. #57
    Consul The Burninator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    The Great Garden State
    Posts
    8,570

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carni View Post
    like usual
    You guys are annoying as hell.

    When do I EVER respond do Rok? EVER?

    GG maffs.

  18. #58

    Default

    Where have wildfire and kabooja been? They've both only shown up once to put in their vote night 1 and haven't said anything since.
    Calling out weak trolling since December 2012

    S1 R6 - Caesarum R7 - Carni R8 - Phantom
    S2 R8 - Storeythor
    S4 R8 - Carni
    S5 R5 - Blackbird R7 - BBC
    S8 R2 - Eazykills
    S19 R1 - Seba18

  19. #59


    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,072

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Burninator View Post
    You guys are annoying as hell.

    When do I EVER respond do Rok? EVER?

    GG maffs.
    You sure are getti defensive. Got something to hide from us?

  20. #60
    Consul The Burninator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    The Great Garden State
    Posts
    8,570

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jason_kroeker View Post
    You sure are getti defensive. Got something to hide from us?
    Yes. I'm mafia. Lynch me.

  21. #61
    Consul The Burninator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    The Great Garden State
    Posts
    8,570

    Default

    That's not even "defensive" JK. I'm attacking someone and being written off since I "always" attack Rok, but here we should read "never," since I almost never attack rok.

  22. #62


    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,072

    Default

    Why do I get the feeling you always do then. Is it someone else who always picks on Rok? Or is it that she always votes you?

  23. #63
    Consul The Burninator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    The Great Garden State
    Posts
    8,570

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jason_kroeker View Post
    Or is it that she always votes you?
    This

  24. #64
    kabooja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,789

    Default

    Stuff, Carni. Important stuff but obviously you won't care what it is.

    Funny you say that about Rok, because I do not get that feeling.what is it about her that is making you say she is suspect?

    I personally do not like to judge a player based on their past performance(s) in past round(s) because that can make you biased.

    FoS: Wildfire
    ________________________________________________
    "What wisdom can you find that is greater than kindness?"
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

  25. #65

    Default

    This is the second time I've seen wildfire lurking in the thread but not saying anything. As someone else said maf will stay quiet and just watch town go after town if we're bickering.

    Vote: Wildfire
    Calling out weak trolling since December 2012

    S1 R6 - Caesarum R7 - Carni R8 - Phantom
    S2 R8 - Storeythor
    S4 R8 - Carni
    S5 R5 - Blackbird R7 - BBC
    S8 R2 - Eazykills
    S19 R1 - Seba18

  26. #66

    Default

    I'm skiing this weekend. Didn't know I was going until just recently.
    Basically skiing >>> everything. I'll do my best to stay active but it's going to be below my average. Y'all can accept that or lynch me its whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelman View Post
    If I don't attack any WWs, can I take credit for the win?

    Trick question, of course I can. After all, here in the forum no rules apply. Folks just declare themselves the winner. Easier. No unpleasant bending.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokchick View Post
    Pap is trying to do a wildfire with weird.

  27. #67


    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,072

    Default

    That's a pretty lame defence there Wild. But at least you made a post!

  28. #68
    Philosopher Hidden sage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    A college library
    Posts
    4,454

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jason_kroeker View Post
    That's a pretty lame defence there Wild. But at least you made a post!
    It's also likely to be true. Wildfire doesn't lurk because he wants to stay out of the spotlight. It makes him MORE conspicous to do so.

  29. #69
    Consul Rokchick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    -32 degrees latitude, free, safe and warm
    Posts
    8,564

    Default

    To clarify the position between burn and I, we are in love. No really!
    Nah, a few rounds ago he got all shirty because I challenged one of his "I am town, trust me" posts. Had a rage attack and threatened to leave the game and never play again. So, of course, since then, I pick on him in random votes. Or Gauss. If burn's too cool about it, he's probably mafs. Well he was, hopefully he's over his deep love for me now.


    But anyway:
    Vote: Burn

    Since there's little else to go on.
    I'm glad I'm not judgemental like all you smug, superficial idiots

  30. #70
    FTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    "The edge of the world and all of Western civilization"
    Posts
    1,752

    Default

    KP 2

    The Burninator was lynched and was the Forum Mod.

    Hidden sage was lynched and was a Generic Interwebs Surfer.


    FTP'S TERRIBLE POSERS WIN.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Arnold View Post
    Now go on you, shoo!

  31. #71
    FTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    "The edge of the world and all of Western civilization"
    Posts
    1,752

    Default

    The shortest round ever. Sorry I set it up so poorly. I'll just stick to playing from now on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Arnold View Post
    Now go on you, shoo!

  32. #72

    Flossie Schmumpus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    I apparently exist
    Posts
    11,120

    Default

    Nah...you just have to let us no lynch night one and mention the host's name with impunity.......the premise was interesting Flowers Turgidly Popping
    Note:Any posts made by this poster should always be construed in the most innocent angelic way possible. The poster is not responsible for where your depraved minds go, if you have a depraved mind.

    Our Lady of Croppers ~Semper DOS~ ~Viva Toons~ || This area intentionally left blank. || The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity ~ Harlan Ellison

  33. #73
    Consul The Burninator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    The Great Garden State
    Posts
    8,570

    Default

    Good job guys. We all know I'm never right about these things.

  34. #74
    FTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    "The edge of the world and all of Western civilization"
    Posts
    1,752

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Burninator View Post
    Good job guys. We all know I'm never right about these things.
    You get really angry when you're town. That's how I know whether you are when I play.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Arnold View Post
    Now go on you, shoo!

  35. #75
    Consul Rokchick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    -32 degrees latitude, free, safe and warm
    Posts
    8,564

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Burninator View Post
    Good job guys. We all know I'm never right about these things.
    You weren't right about me being mafs. Sorry. I was a Generic Interwebs Surfer.

    Edit: Who was mafs? And yes, FTP, that's what I was trying to elicit too.
    I'm glad I'm not judgemental like all you smug, superficial idiots

  36. #76
    Senator Mouse-Keyboard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The country with the world's longest official name
    Posts
    3,724

    Default

    Who was Mafia?

  37. #77
    Consul The Burninator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    The Great Garden State
    Posts
    8,570

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FTP View Post
    You get really angry when you're town. That's how I know whether you are when I play.
    I get angry either way. It was obvious we were in LYLO and no one even wanted to talk. I couldn't generate discussion or enough social capital to turn the lynch. Not only that, some people refuse to play based on in game likelihood of being mafia, and instead vote for no particular reason at all. It irks me, although more so as town than as mafia. As mafia it helps win. As town it's just downright irrational.

  38. #78

    Default

    JK, kabbie, and I were mafia.
    Calling out weak trolling since December 2012

    S1 R6 - Caesarum R7 - Carni R8 - Phantom
    S2 R8 - Storeythor
    S4 R8 - Carni
    S5 R5 - Blackbird R7 - BBC
    S8 R2 - Eazykills
    S19 R1 - Seba18

  39. #79
    Philosopher Hidden sage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    A college library
    Posts
    4,454

    Default

    Well, that about figures.

  40. #80
    Senator Mouse-Keyboard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The country with the world's longest official name
    Posts
    3,724

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carni View Post
    JK, kabbie, and I were mafia.
    One of your posts made me think "Maybe Carni and JK are Mafia together", but I decided it was probably nothing :/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •