Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Valy's Round Game Thread

"The edge of the world and all of Western civilization"

EBWOP II

Never mind. Maybe my brain will recover by tomorrow. I'll try thinking then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Arnold View Post
    Now go on you, shoo!

THinking on weekends should be banned. I totally lost track of KP time due to weekend happening.

FTPs vote on me feels scummy. Or maybe he just dislikes me. I know that sounds unlikely but it could happen that someone dislikes me.

Vote: FTP
    Reason: No response other than randomness and overtired brain for his vote on me.
    us1rd4 Shakin&Bakin | us2rd3 DarkFather Dual #665 | us6rd1 NoMercy | us9rd1 NotAMyth (sorceys raid slave and sandwich maker)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drummit View Post
    What the pineappleh's going on, and where are my reins?

Occasionally worshipped by Mitachuk, Hej and Vigil
    and most important Sprouts friend

Quote Originally Posted by Rokchick View Post
    So, if in order the "other" doctor saved Gebne? Or the mafia doctor?
    If you go back and read the OP, you will see that saves happen before kills....so the town doctor could have saved Gebne before he got killed.
    Note:Any posts made by this poster should always be construed in the most innocent angelic way possible. The poster is not responsible for where your depraved minds go, if you have a depraved mind.

Our Lady of Croppers ~Semper DOS~ ~Viva Toons~ || This area intentionally left blank. || The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity ~ Harlan Ellison

-32 degrees latitude, free, safe and warm

Quote Originally Posted by Flossie Schmumpus View Post
    If you go back and read the OP, you will see that saves happen before kills....so the town doctor could have saved Gebne before he got killed.
    So you are saying the KP is not in order then. Or.. you are the mafia doctor doing some deflecting?
    I'm glad I'm not judgemental like all you smug, superficial idiots

So you are saying the KP is not in order then. Or.. you are the mafia doctor doing some deflecting?
    Quote Originally Posted by Valynor View Post

The Rules for the Game:

10.--- I am omnipotent. I can do whatever I want. So suck it.
    Valy is omnipotent and omnipresent. He gets to decide what order he types things in.

ORDER OF ROLES
    Ties between factions are solved by my dart board.
    Roleblocks
    Governor
    Investigations
    Saves
    Bodyguards
    Mafia/Vigil/SK

The Schizo's place in the order is determined by what happens. Saves and roleblocks go in the samespot on the board, while kills go with the Mafia/vigil/sk kill.
    Flossie is correct in her logic. saves happen before kills.
    us1rd4 Shakin&Bakin | us2rd3 DarkFather Dual #665 | us6rd1 NoMercy | us9rd1 NotAMyth (sorceys raid slave and sandwich maker)

In which case, why didn't we see 2 saves in the kp?
    FOS: Flossie and Pine

Quote Originally Posted by Jonothan Crane
    Patients suffering delusional episodes often focus their paranoia on an external tormentor. Usually one conforming to Jungian archetypes. In this case, a scarecrow.

It definitely seems like Valy has enacted Rule 10 in the order he posted KP actions. They do not follow the order of roles.

Best answer I can see to Scare's question (why not 2 saves) is that day role has 50% chance of doing something different each night, unless Valy clarifies something different. So really, we have been lucky that 3 of 4 opportunities for doctor so far have ended up being their correct save action.

There was only one save because vpindian (one of the doctors) was rb'd by the Salesman. Blocks happen before saves. The one save we saw was by the mafia doctor.

Vote: Flossie
    Reason:
    failing to note the rb just to try to claim it was NOT the mafia doctor who saved FTP (by targeting Gebne and getting switched) strikes me as odd. You're smarter than that.

The country with the world's longest official name

Quote Originally Posted by vpindian91 View Post
    Reason:
    failing to note the rb just to try to claim it was NOT the mafia doctor who saved FTP (by targeting Gebne and getting switched) strikes me as odd. You're smarter than that.
    You're saying Flossie is beyond making clumsy mistakes? Are we talking about the same person?

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse-Keyboard View Post
    You're saying Flossie is beyond making clumsy mistakes? Are we talking about the same person?
    Why is this quoted as vpin when it was HS who said it?

Patients suffering delusional episodes often focus their paranoia on an external tormentor. Usually one conforming to Jungian archetypes. In this case, a scarecrow.

Quote Originally Posted by gebne View Post
    THinking on weekends should be banned. I totally lost track of KP time due to weekend happening.

FTPs vote on me feels scummy. Or maybe he just dislikes me. I know that sounds unlikely but it could happen that someone dislikes me.

Vote: FTP
    Reason: No response other than randomness and overtired brain for his vote on me.
    A single vote on you on a day that NL was bound to win out...
    Now go on you, shoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    Why is this quoted as vpin when it was HS who said it?
    I think that glitch has happened before.

So the mafia doctor meant to save FTP, but saved geb instead. Hmmm...
    FoS: FTP, Floss.
    But nothing showing up as a really good reason to vote anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden sage View Post
    There was only one save because vpindian (one of the doctors) was rb'd by the Salesman. Blocks happen before saves. The one save we saw was by the mafia doctor.

Reason:
    Somehow my two gray cells did not compute that vinpin had been rb'ed. Clearly the mafia doctor was in action and wanted to save FTP. Now the mafia doctor will want to send in a save every night to provide cover for when he actually needs to save a mafia....because if he only saves someone every third night, we would know right away that the mafia doc's save is mafia.

Actually HS, that is some pretty scummy logic on your part, anyone who has played with me for a while knows just how forgetful/scattered I can be.

Um.....thanks?
    Note:Any posts made by this poster should always be construed in the most innocent angelic way possible. The poster is not responsible for where your depraved minds go, if you have a depraved mind.

Our Lady of Croppers ~Semper DOS~ ~Viva Toons~ || This area intentionally left blank. || The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity ~ Harlan Ellison

As a disclaimer, the doctor saved Gebne. I should have changed it to FTP. That's on me and is probably something you should all know.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    In which case, why didn't we see 2 saves in the kp?
    FOS: Flossie and Pine

Reason:

Hmmm why is it vote worthy when I miss the rb but barely noted when Scare also misses the rb?

fos: Scare
    reason: HS is giving him a pass for missing the rb, where as HS is voting for me because I missed the rb.
    fos: FTP
    reason: Something is not quite right. Knows vinpin, I believe actually introduced him to the game....thus would want him gone.
    fos: Carni
    reason: also acting out of character
    (I know I have too many fos....so bite me, those are the three people I am most leery of right now.)

Vote: HS

Reason: He is blithering. This is completely out of character.

fos: Carni
    reason: also acting out of character
    Explain?

fos: FTP
    reason: Something is not quite right. Knows vinpin, I believe actually introduced him to the game....thus would want him gone.
    Haha, the irony here will become apparent later on.

Vote: Hidden sage
    He's not being himself.
    Now go on you, shoo!

Explain?
    He is being oddly hesitant and reticent....it feels put on to me.

Vote: No Lynch

Vote: No Lynch
    It's a little late to no lynch, don't you think?
    Now go on you, shoo!

Thoughts:
    1. FTP promised to be more active. He hasn't really done so in my mind.
    2. If I read into Flossie, it's factors other than missing the roleblock (as I did) that would have me weary. Part of such being her associations thus far (e.g. Gebne)
    3. I'm wary of Geb from earlier. Even if she says she isn't mafia she didn't say she was town. And what is to stop her from stretching the truth for once?
    4. JK is being quite quiet as well. I know he tends to post less but more lengthy but we have only seen a little of this.

... And we wait again.
    And just to note, adding to the others who also missed it, I also missed the RB on vpin - on my phone and somehow didn't see that line.
    More thoughts in the morning I guess, since I will not see results til then.

Going to be a bit late. Waiting for a towtruck. Will post tonight when home.

Sorry, was driving and forgot to post a vote before I left.

How did you all miss the rb on vpin? This seems... unlikely. At least a couple of those could be bandwagoners. I'm suspicious of Jasons reticence as well.
    But we shall see....

I'm sorry guys, I'm going to have to push today back. Wanna know what you do when your phone dies while waiting for a tow truck? Keep waiting. Even when they never show up. So you walk.

Sorry, was driving and forgot to post a vote before I left.

How did you all miss the rb on vpin? This seems... unlikely. At least a couple of those could be bandwagoners. I'm suspicious of Jasons reticence as well.
    But we shall see....
    Be suspicious all you want. It is what it is. I missed it. If you really care, go look through the last 12 months of Matia. I often miss little things on weekends when playing on my phone while I am mostly busy spending time with family. Mon-Fri when I sit at a desktop and can look at a bigger screen and take a few notes, it is a different story.

But whether someone (me or anyone else) missed that, intentionally or not, it hardly makes a difference, I think. So a few of us weren't sure whether the save on geb (which Valy now says should have been written as FTP?) was Town or Mafia Doc and now it was clarified it was Mafia since Town was RB'ed.

So the intended target, geb, was selected by Mafia Doc, who can only pick Mafia 1 of 3 nights. If geb were to die and flip Mafia, then one of us who 'missed' it (I think the count is at about 3 people now) might have tried to cover. But geb is more than likely not Mafia based on her history of truthfulness (though I think I have only ever seen her as Town when questioned), so we likely should no lynch her next unless other evidence suggests otherwise.

I am also not no lunch. Just clarifying that since it is early morning here and my brain hasnt turned on yet.

Oh for a branch of flossies lounges here. I need coffee.

I'm sorry guys, I'm going to have to push today back. Wanna know what you do when your phone dies while waiting for a tow truck? Keep waiting. Even when they never show up. So you walk.
    Life happens, and is hell. We can wait, man.

@all: I'd apologize for my lack of content, but most of what I'm thinking needs the next KP to happen before I'm sure enough of it to talk. So for now, I'm going to twiddle my thumbs expectantly... or play Civ V.

So, was cutoff extended? Or are we just waiting for last night's KP still?

We're on an extended day because Valynor had life crap all over him. It happens, and can't be helped.

Alright. Finally everything is back to normal. Will get to work on the KP right now. Will skip flavor to make sure you guys get if faster.

Hidden Sage was lynched and was the bus driver

The Schizo roleblocked Scarecrow

FTP was killed by the Godfather and was the Cleric

The doctor saved Gebne

I checked like 3 times to make sure this was correct. But I feel like I missed something. If I missed your role, let me know.

Okay now we know for sure that Gebne is not mafia, she was saved last night because of the busdriver switch by the mafia doctor and she was saved again tonight by the mafia doctor....the mafia doctor can save a mafia only every third night, the other two nights he has to save non mafias

WE also know scare is not the godfather since the schizo roleblocked him.

FoS: Carni and Flossie

Doesn't that mean that there was no mafia kill night 2? The poisoner would've struck night 1 to get the death on night two but if the godfather killed today means that was sent today and no mafia kill night 2.
    Calling out weak trolling since December 2012

S1 R6 - Caesarum R7 - Carni R8 - Phantom
    S2 R8 - Storeythor
    S4 R8 - Carni
    S5 R5 - Blackbird R7 - BBC
    S8 R2 - Eazykills
    S19 R1 - Seba18

That appears to be correct. I will have to compile a list of inactives for night 2.

Good point!! No RB to blame either.

I'll come back with more thoughts in a bit.

I'd apologize for my lack of content, but most of what I'm thinking needs the next KP to happen before I'm sure enough of it to talk. So for now, I'm going to twiddle my thumbs expectantly... or play Civ V.
    This is twice that HS has promised us more content and not given it to us. His posts have not been nearly as helpful as useful. Why isn't he helping?

Place holder: Vote: Hidden Sage
    Calling out weak trolling since December 2012

S1 R6 - Caesarum R7 - Carni R8 - Phantom
    S2 R8 - Storeythor
    S4 R8 - Carni
    S5 R5 - Blackbird R7 - BBC
    S8 R2 - Eazykills
    S19 R1 - Seba18