Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Valy's Round Game Thread

Default Valy's Round Game Thread

Game basics:

Mafia is a game of logic and deceit where 3 opposing teams; the Villagers, independents and mafia all try to kill each other off. The mafia are killers whose goal is to take over the town by outnumbering the Villagers, by placing votes for lynches and killing off a member each night.

The Rules for the Game:

1. --- Mafia is divided into rounds, or ‘days.’ Each round lasts for 24 hours and will begin/end at 09:00 EST. The KP should come at ROUGHLY 10:00 EST. The reason I say roughly is because I will have detailed KP's to help further the story. And yes, for those of you who don't care, there will be a summary at the bottom.

2. --- In that amount of time, the players of the game decide who as a group they want to Lynch by voting. To vote, you must state that it is a vote, and make the vote Bold. The player who receives the most votes will be killed at the end of that day, unless he is saved. Players MAY vote No Lynch.

3. ---The Mafia has the power to kill a player once each day by messaging me, the host, the players name. That player will die unless they are saved. The Mafia also must tell me which of their players they will send to do the job. Any member of the mafia may send in the kill, but I will only take the kill from the highest ranking member.

4. ---Most players have a special power that they can use once per day. Within that day, the player must message me how they are going to use their power, even if it is to abstain from using it.

5. ---Specials are made void if they are killed before getting the chance to use it.

6. ---If you wish to show suspicion for someone, but do not want to vote for them, use the same format as if you were to vote, but instead, call it a FoS (Finger of Suspicion.) I will keep track of all FoS and votes. I will post a vote count at 10:00 EST so I can be corrected if wrong.

7. ---Betraying your group, or otherwise not "playing to win" (such as voting for yourselves) is taboo. If I catch you doing so, you will be permanently blacklisted from my games, no exceptions. Even if things seem hopeless, or you dislike your teammates, keep trying; if you give up (or worse, betray your team), you ruin the fun for everyone.

9. ---The dead may not talk ever. Not even one post after they are dead or I will ask a mod to delete it. The. Dead. May. Not. Talk.

10.--- I am omnipotent. I can do whatever I want. So suck it.

Rules and Requirements

1. Once the game has started, keep the spamming to a moderate amount. I'll give you a warning if I think you are spamming too much. You get two warnings, and after that I will kill you.
    2. Stay active on the thread. Inactives get auto-killed. And I'm strict on this as you know if you've played previous rounds of mine. After 3 days you will get auto-killed. All you have to do to be active is post or PM me. You don't have to vote. There ARE exceptions to this rule. If I know someone should be active (say, Hidden Sage for example) then I will likely turn the other cheek for an extra day or two as I know sometimes you have problems getting access to a computer. You may also let me know in advance. Just do me a favor. If you aren't going to be available for longer than 4 days, don't sign up.
    4. Voting is done publicly.
    4-1. Abstaining is, of course, allowed, and you can vote for a "no lynch" as well.
    4-2. As of now, you may change your votes as much as you like, but if it becomes an issue, a rule disabling changing votes will be made.
    5. Posting private messages is NOT allowed. It is a game of deceit and intellect, after all. It’s up to the players to decide who to believe.
    6. No screen shots can be posted or sent to other players! If somebody sends you one, please report it to me and they will be auto-killed. Thank you.
    7. NO ROLE-CLAIMING PUBLICLY! And I would prefer you keep it to a minimum in PM's, but I'm lenient on this if I hear about it.
    8. Investigations will be PMed at the KP, so as to allow roleblockers the chance to block them.
    9. Don't challenge me. I don't put up with it. I'm a nice person, but if you get out of line, I will report you to a mod. I've done it before. Don't test me on this one.
    10. I reserve the right to refuse someones application to join the game. I most likely will not do this, but there are certain people who are not allowed to join because they are inactive every time they sign up.
    11. There will likely be enough roles for everyone to have one, unless there are too many people and it would become complicated.
    12. The game is meant to be fun, and while there are a lot of rules, just remember, I'm a laid back host. I like to have fun, and I want you to have fun. The rules are mainly here to explain what you can and can't do, and they aren't sugarcoated. Many of them I am very relaxed with.

ORDER OF ROLES
    Ties between factions are solved by my dart board.
    Roleblocks
    Governor
    Investigations
    Saves
    Bodyguards
    Mafia/Vigil/SK
    Cleric

The Schizo's place in the order is determined by what happens. Saves and roleblocks go in the samespot on the board, while kills go with the Mafia/vigil/sk kill.

How to Win

* The villagers win when all mafia and independents are dead.
    * The mafia win when they outnumber the villagers and independents.
    * The independents win when they are the last ones standing.
    * Note: If all the mafia are dead, the village still has to get rid of the independents. From experience I've learned that killing off all the villagers while still outnumber the mafia is not an easy thing to do.
    Last edited by Valynor; 03-02-2015 at 04:39 AM.

The Roles

The Village

Vigilante- The Vigilante doesn't trust the law to lynch the mafia. So they decide to take the law into their own hands. May kill a player of their choosing once per night.

Sheriff- The law of the village. The villagers trust them to keep the peace. May investigate someone for their innocence by reading their mind. Mafia Leader and Independents except Serial Killer appear innocent.

Doctor- A master physician. They are so skilled in medicine, they can fix even the worst of wounds. The village will not allow them to attempt to help the lynch victim. May save one person per night. May not save the person lynched. Their save is not distinguished from the dirty doctor's save in the kill post. Have a 50% chance to stop a poisoning.

Door-to-door salesman- They don't care about the things happening in town. They just want to sell their wares. May roleblock one person per night.

Stalker- An obsessive creeper. Once they are drawn to someone, they can't resist the urge to just stare all night long. May follow one person per night to find out who they targeted that night.

Neighborhood watch- In charge of keeping an eye on the other villagers. May watch one person per night to find out who targeted them that night.

Old Granny- A feisty old women. She won't let any young whippersnapper mess with her. Kills anyone who attacks her. Only the godparent themselves can kill her. The poisoner can also kill her because it isn't a direct assault. She can be lynched. (Yes, a guy can get this role.)

Bodyguard- A trained guardian. They are skilled at protecting their charge. May choose one person per night. If that person is attacked the bodyguard dies instead.

Elite Bodyguard- A highly trained and extremely skilled guardian. They won't let anything happen to their charge. May choose one person per night. If that person is attacked the bodyguard dies instead, and kills the attacker as well. This works on anyone except the Godparent.

Schizophrenic- Simply insane. They listen to the voices in their head no matter what. May target one person per night. My dartboard decides if that person is roleblocked, saved, or killed. There is a 20% chance that they will roleblock themselves.

Priest- Loves and takes care of the villagers. The villagers are horrified if the priest is lynched. If lynched, the first person to vote for them will be killed.

Mayor- Chosen by the people to govern the town, they are highly persuasive. May send me a second vote each night.

Town Drunk- Wishes they were popular. They are so drunk, they think they are the mayor. May send me a second vote each night. If this vote is for the same person their main vote was for, this renders a -1 for that person. If it is for public vote counts and the private vote nets that person a -1. Told they are the mayor.

Governor- Even more popular than the mayor, they hold high authority with the town. May stop a lynch once every three nights. (This begins from their first lynch stop. They may stop a lynch anytime for the first time, it then becomes the next three nights after that.) They may not stop their own lynching.

Cleric- Someone immensely in tune with the natural spirits of the world. They may raise a person from the dead with a random role. The new role may be village, mafia, or independent. This may only happen once per game.

Immobilizer- Extremely skilled at temporarily paralyzing someones body. They may paralyze someone for one day. From that KP to the next, the paralyzed victim may not post, PM, use their role, or vote.

City Slicker- A classy person just moved in from a big city. A normal villager with no roles, but turns up guilty in investigations. Told they are a normal villager.

The Collecter- A person who has spent their whole lives collecting occult items with no idea what any of them actually do. Is given a list of items at the beginning of the game. Once per day they can use one of the items on a target of his choice. Each item has a power attributed to it,but the collecter doesn't know any of them.

Villager- A peaceful person who wants only to live without the troubles of the world. Has no powers.

The Mafia

Godparent- Leader of the mafia. A cool, clever person. They are skilled at leading their team. They send in the kill each day, and who will perform the kill. Appears innocent in investigations.

Janitor- Tired of being unappreciated, this sanitation expert has decided instead to work for the mafia. If sent for the kill they will clean up the mess and stop the village from knowing the victims role. The mafia is not told either.

Lawyer- A dirty and corrupt judicial expert, the lawyer is the mafia's personal defense counsel. May tie up one person with legal paperwork per night to roleblock them.

Dirty doctor- Paid a lot of cash for their services, they are willing to do as the mafia asks. May save one person per night. May only save a mafia member once every three nights. Their role is not distinguished from the doctor's save in the kill post. Have a 50% chance to stop a poisoning.

Poisoner- Skilled with all manner of poisons, they are a valuable member of the mafia. If sent for the kill, the target will die the next day. Their posion can get past the Old Granny and protection. They have a 50% chance of being stopped by the doctor.

Fence- Skilled at avoiding the law. Shows up innocent in investigations.

Independents

Serial killer- A sadistic person who enjoys the thrill of murder. May kill one person every other night. Appears guilty in investigations after they kill someone.

Hateful killer- Targets three people they absolutely hate and works towards their deaths. They may pick three people at the beginning of the game. They are told their exact roles. They may not tell anyone who these people are. They win if these three people die before they are. However, the game doesn't end if the hateful killer wins. They win along with the winner of the game.

Bus driver- The towns happy-go-lucky bus driver. They drive people to their stops, but doesn't pay attention to if it is really their stop or not. May choose two people per night (I reserve the right to change this to once every other night at any point) and switch their fates. May not switch the fate of the person being lynched. Also does not work with investigations. Appears guilty.

Players: 3/11

Scarecrow - Poisoner

Vpindian - Doctor

Rokchick

Jason

Mouse-Keyboard - Stalker

Carni - Godfather

Kabooja

Hidden Sage - Bus Driver

Gebne - Unknown

Flossie - Mayor

FTP - Cleric

KP 1

KP 2

KP 3

KP 4

KP 5
    Last edited by Valynor; 03-04-2015 at 05:00 AM.

IMPORTANT

OH NO! Something terrible has happened! Perhaps the apocalypse is coming, or perhaps there's some strange magic at work, but the roles in this game are not simply....static. Each day your role has a 50% chance of changing for that day. You won't be informed of it unless there's something you need to know to use your new role. Mafia will always be mafia and town will always be town. If the investigator can suddenly kill, it will still come up as the investigator having killed. Why? So the town isn't nerfed.
    Last edited by Valynor; 02-25-2015 at 03:17 AM.

All roles are out. Let the game begin.

The country with the world's longest official name

Quote Originally Posted by Valynor View Post
    IMPORTANT

OH NO! Something terrible has happened! Perhaps the apocalypse is coming, or perhaps there's some strange magic at work, but the roles in this game are not simply....static. Each day your role has a 50% chance of changing for that day. You won't be informed of it unless there's something you need to know to use your new role. Mafia will always be mafia and town will always be town. If the investigator can suddenly kill, it will still come up as the investigator having killed. Why? So the town isn't nerfed.
    Does that mean we have a 50% chance of it being the role we were told and 50% random, or 50% the role it was the night before and 50% random?

Of course Valynor would decide to break the roles. Well, this will be interesting. So long as I remember I'm involved in it, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse-Keyboard View Post
    Does that mean we have a 50% chance of it being the role we were told and 50% random, or 50% the role it was the night before and 50% random?
    Lets continue with the sheriff analogy. If youre the sheriff and you target someone, you have a 50% chance of performing another roles action instead. You remain the sheriff.

Lets continue with the sheriff analogy. If youre the sheriff and you target someone, you have a 50% chance of performing another roles action instead. You remain the sheriff.
    /waits for the sheriff to kill the gf n1....

Also, this effectively means the mafia have every mafia role at their disposal. E.g. If they didn't have a janitor, they have a chance each night to have one. That can and will play havoc if it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonothan Crane
    Patients suffering delusional episodes often focus their paranoia on an external tormentor. Usually one conforming to Jungian archetypes. In this case, a scarecrow.

Valy, can the mafia inadvertently end up with a double kill on a night due to this mechanic? Say, for instance, a mafia lawyer becoming a poisoner or janitor for a night?

Patients suffering delusional episodes often focus their paranoia on an external tormentor. Usually one conforming to Jungian archetypes. In this case, a scarecrow.

Vote Valy

Reason: Do I even have to say it?
    Note:Any posts made by this poster should always be construed in the most innocent angelic way possible. The poster is not responsible for where your depraved minds go, if you have a depraved mind.

Our Lady of Croppers ~Semper DOS~ ~Viva Toons~ || This area intentionally left blank. || The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity ~ Harlan Ellison

-32 degrees latitude, free, safe and warm

Errrr, I have enough trouble keeping up in an ordinary game!!

vote: HS
    reason: no burn or gauss
    I'm glad I'm not judgemental like all you smug, superficial idiots

Vote: Rok
    Gauss isn't here to do it.

Blessed be the ways of Valy. Confusing as well. May the odds be ever in towns favour. I declare this round should see more than a single hour of scampering. Dartboards and dancing. Valy know how to throw a shindig.

Vote: scarecrow

Reason: saving Valy from the zombies
    Last edited by gebne; 02-25-2015 at 09:08 AM.
    us1rd4 Shakin&Bakin | us2rd3 DarkFather Dual #665 | us6rd1 NoMercy | us9rd1 NotAMyth (sorceys raid slave and sandwich maker)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drummit View Post
    What the pineappleh's going on, and where are my reins?

Occasionally worshipped by Mitachuk, Hej and Vigil
    and most important Sprouts friend

Argh. Silly phone. Does that count as bold?
    us1rd4 Shakin&Bakin | us2rd3 DarkFather Dual #665 | us6rd1 NoMercy | us9rd1 NotAMyth (sorceys raid slave and sandwich maker)

Quote Originally Posted by gebne View Post
    Blessed be the ways of Valy. Confusing as well. May the odds be ever in towns favour. I declare this round should see more than a single hour of scampering. Dartboards and dancing. Valy know how to throw a shindig.

[bold]Vote: scarecrow

Reason: saving Valy from the zombies [/bold]
    Just edit the bold. I've quoted the original.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    Valy, can the mafia inadvertently end up with a double kill on a night due to this mechanic? Say, for instance, a mafia lawyer becoming a poisoner or janitor for a night?
    Its possible, yes. But I have a hidden mechanic in play to prevent that from happening too much.

I dont discount unbolded votes. If you dont even try it may annoy me but I wont punish you for forgetting.

Vote: FTP

The country with the world's longest official name

Vote: kabooja
    Reason:
    Seems a bit scummy

Vote: No-Lynch

I don't want to be the cause of someone accidentally getting lynched night one.
    Calling out weak trolling since December 2012

S1 R6 - Caesarum R7 - Carni R8 - Phantom
    S2 R8 - Storeythor
    S4 R8 - Carni
    S5 R5 - Blackbird R7 - BBC
    S8 R2 - Eazykills
    S19 R1 - Seba18

Vote: No lynch

Day one and such.

As is traditional in my games when I dont get many specials, day 1 is a double day. That allows everyone to get caught up that we're playing and send things in.

Vote: No Lynch
    Reason: he's the only one who looks scummier than Valy and kabooja right now?

"The edge of the world and all of Western civilization"

Vote: No Lynch
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Arnold View Post
    Now go on you, shoo!

Vote: No lynch
    Reason:
    11 players means a short round, shorter if we get lynch-happy out of the gate. I want to have time to actually PLAY this.

Pine, are you mafia?

Where is everyone?

Where is everyone?
    Waiting for our host to post KP-1. Seems like the extension did a whole lot of good.

Pine, are you mafia?
    No I am not. I am a pineapple!!!

You sure you're not a mafia pineappleh? You know the tingling feeling people get when eating pineapples are the pineapples eating the person back. That is fairly nefarious to me...

Quote Originally Posted by jason_kroeker View Post
    Waiting for our host to post KP-1. Seems like the extension did a whole lot of good.
    I'm working on it. And actually, it did. A lot more will happen tonight than would have.

I'm working on it. And actually, it did. A lot more will happen tonight than would have.
    Thou art a horrid tease....I hates waiting
    Note:Any posts made by this poster should always be construed in the most innocent angelic way possible. The poster is not responsible for where your depraved minds go, if you have a depraved mind.

Our Lady of Croppers ~Semper DOS~ ~Viva Toons~ || This area intentionally left blank. || The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity ~ Harlan Ellison

Quote Originally Posted by gebne View Post
    No I am not. I am a pineapple!!!
    You sure you're not a mafia pineappleh? You know the tingling feeling people get when eating pineapples are the pineapples eating the person back. That is fairly nefarious to me...

Please note Pineh did not say she was town....

Quote Originally Posted by Flossie Schmumpus View Post
    Thou art a horrid tease....I hates waiting
    No, you want a tease? When I put together the list of events, I burst out laughing. It's amazing. I'm writing up the little flavor parts now.

Quote Originally Posted by Flossie Schmumpus View Post
    Please note Pineh did not say she was town....
    I did notice this. Was going to my next prod after her reply.
    No, you want a tease? When I put together the list of events, I burst out laughing. It's amazing. I'm writing up the little flavor parts now.
    I die don't I? =|

The town was quite boisterous. Some wanted to sporadically murder a few of the citizens for no apparent reason, while others wanted to try and hang their deity, Valy-Jesus. Of course, most realized that the first was murder and the second a terrible idea, so everyone decided to just go home.

No one was lynched.

The town stalker did what they were best at. Stalk. But tonight was different. Tonight….well….he had to die. Oh yes, he had to. There was no other choice. And so the stalker crept up…slowly…slowly…and plunged a knife deep into Hidden Sage’s back.

The Stalker killed Hidden Sage

Thankfully, from around the corner, another person strode. A cry erupted from their lips as they witnessed the brutal stabbing. The stalker ran, now frightened, as the doctor sprinted for Hidden Sage. Fortunately, they were able to make it to him just in time.

The Doctor saved Hidden Sage

The door-to-door salesman knocked on Scarecrows door. No one ever bought anything from him and he was sick of it. If Scarecrow didn’t buy anything…well….something would have to be done. Sure enough, Scarecrow tried to slam the door on the D2D salesman. But they weren’t having it. Quick as the eye could blink, the D2D drew a small pistol and shot Scarecrow on the spot and ran away.

The door-to-door salesman killed Scarecrow.

Scarecrow hit badly was still able to make it to a phone. Before long, sirens could be heard in the distance as an ambulance showed up at his doorstep.

The Doctor saved Scarecrow.

The Schizo just couldn’t figure things out tonight.

The Schizo roleblocked themselves.

The Bus Driver decided he'd play a prank today. After sharing a few drinks with Jason and Rok, he left them off at each others stops, none the wiser.

The Bus Driver switched Jason and Rok.

Summary:

No one was lynched.
    The Stalker killed Hidden Sage
    The Doctor saved Hidden Sage
    The door-to-door salesman killed Scarecrow.
    The Doctor saved Scarecrow.
    The Schizo roleblocked themselves.
    The Bus Driver switched Jason and Rok.
    Last edited by Valynor; 02-27-2015 at 03:52 AM.

W! T! F!
    I... What?!?

You died and came back to life. All that working with zombies and they recruited you. Simple really.

So, there are two doctors? And nobody died, right?

This round hurts my brain. I think my favorite part of the KP is the bus driver, because it has nothing to do with anything that happened and is thus not part of the confusion.

I don't think there was a mafia kill? D2D salesman and town stalker are both stalker roles? So no one died and mafia didn't even try to kill anyone?
    Calling out weak trolling since December 2012

S1 R6 - Caesarum R7 - Carni R8 - Phantom
    S2 R8 - Storeythor
    S4 R8 - Carni
    S5 R5 - Blackbird R7 - BBC
    S8 R2 - Eazykills
    S19 R1 - Seba18