Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Freezer Mafia

The country with the world's longest official name

Default Freezer Mafia

Freezer Mafia Sign ups

Long ago, the four freezer drawers lived in harmony. Then, everything changed when the ice pops attacked.

Rules:
    • Start should be on Sunday/Monday
    • Each day lasts 24 hours and will end at 01:00 UTC/20:00 EST (KP should be up within an hour)
    • No PMs (except between Mafia, or where stated)
    • No lynch can be lynched once
    • No explicit roleclaiming
    • Votes must be in bold
    • Other rules are as normal (unless they're not)

Roles:

Ice Cream (town):
    Cookies and cream - Their parents were murdered by ice pops in a dark alley, and they dedicated their lives to eradicating their kind (vigilante)
    Chocolate - As the best flavour, they can persuade people to answer their questions (detective)
    Strawberry - Unlike apples, strawberries do not keep the doctor away. In fact, they are the doctor.
    Neopolitan - They have a bit of lots of flavours (Jack of all Trades [one shot kill, investigate, protect and roleblock])
    Mint - Their mysterious green colour can distract people from whatever they were doing (roleblocker)
    Mint chocolate chip - Halfway between a cop and a roleblocker (jail keeper)
    Vanilla - You knew this was coming. (vanilla townie)

Ice Pops (Mafia):
    Cola - Godfather (I have no idea why :/)
    Strawberry - the evil counterpart to the strawberry ice cream (mafia doctor, cannot target mafia two nights in a row)
    Orange - their bright colours are there to warn you of their poison
    Lemon and lime - Having the fragrance of many cleaning products somehow helps them clean up after the kill (janitor)
    Grape - Can roleblock players with their grapiness
    Ice cubes - When they're not stealing riffs from Queen, they help their icy brethren take over the freezer (goon)

Other (independent):
    Frozen pizza - There's never enough room for them, so everything else has to be mixed up to fit them in (bus driver)
    Frozen peas - Bitter about being so terrible, they have sworn revenge on the better tasting freezer contents. (serial killer)
    Fish fingers - They don't care about this feud, they jut want to live. (survivor)
    Box with the label torn off - nobody knows what they want or what they can do...

Players:
    Carni
    vpindian91
    Scarecrow - role not revealed
    The Burninator
    jason_kroeker - lemon and lime
    Flossie Schmumpus
    FTP
    Vinit144
    Valynor

Kill Posts:
    Night 1
    Night 2
    Last edited by Mouse-Keyboard; 03-20-2015 at 01:26 AM.

Roles have been sent out. You may begin.

First KP will be Thursday 01:00 UTC/Wednesday 20:00 EST.
    Last edited by Mouse-Keyboard; 03-17-2015 at 06:10 PM.

"The edge of the world and all of Western civilization"

Vote: Carni
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Arnold View Post
    Now go on you, shoo!

Vote: FTP
    He killed me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonothan Crane
    Patients suffering delusional episodes often focus their paranoia on an external tormentor. Usually one conforming to Jungian archetypes. In this case, a scarecrow.

Well if this is how we're doing it...

Vote: MK

So...liek...no activity is fun, yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonothan Crane
    Patients suffering delusional episodes often focus their paranoia on an external tormentor. Usually one conforming to Jungian archetypes. In this case, a scarecrow.

It did take a while for the round to start up so people probably haven't realized the game started yet.

Anyway,
    Vote: No lynch.

Day 1 shenanigans

I was gone all day and just now found out the game was going.....
    Note:Any posts made by this poster should always be construed in the most innocent angelic way possible. The poster is not responsible for where your depraved minds go, if you have a depraved mind.

Our Lady of Croppers ~Semper DOS~ ~Viva Toons~ || This area intentionally left blank. || The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity ~ Harlan Ellison

Wait.. when is the KP? I am pretty sure I missed Night 1 i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinit144 View Post
    Wait.. when is the KP? I am pretty sure I missed Night 1 i guess.
    I'm pretty sure KP (or at least cutoff for first KP) is still just over 13 hours away. Lots of time.

Vote: Vinit

I hadnt even posted yet.

Vote: No Lynch
    Calling out weak trolling since December 2012

S1 R6 - Caesarum R7 - Carni R8 - Phantom
    S2 R8 - Storeythor
    S4 R8 - Carni
    S5 R5 - Blackbird R7 - BBC
    S8 R2 - Eazykills
    S19 R1 - Seba18

Quote Originally Posted by Valynor View Post
    Vote: Vinit

I hadnt even posted yet.
    Haha.. I noticed that after I put in my vote.

vote: no lynch

Just an hour to vote/send in roles.

Votes:
    Carni - I (FTP)
    FTP - I (Scarecrow)
    Invalid - I (Jason)
    No Lynch - III (vpin, Carni, Burn)
    Valynor - I (Vinit)
    Vinit - I (Valynor)

Not voting: Flossie

Can someone confirm these are correct?

Kill Post 1

After very little discussion, the freezer inhabitants decided not to lynch anyone.

The Burninator and Valynor were too distracted by minty grapes to do anything overnight.

When the freezer was opened in the morning, Scarecrow's box was lying on the floor, however, the contents had been scooped out, so it was impossible to tell what flavour he was.

Summary:
    No one was lynched.
    Burn and Valy were roleblocked.
    Scarecrow was killed, his role was not revealed.

So... we know there is a janitor, and that it is not Burn or Valy. And unless I'm missing something, I believe that's all we know.

Also, out of 9 total, a balanced round should expect 2 Mafia (and 0 or 1 Indies). So we still have a couple days. But does anyone have any actual leads or will this be a blind vote?

Oh Drat! Sorry I was out working and forgot the time for the KP...my vote would have been No Lynch
    Note:Any posts made by this poster should always be construed in the most innocent angelic way possible. The poster is not responsible for where your depraved minds go, if you have a depraved mind.

Our Lady of Croppers ~Semper DOS~ ~Viva Toons~ || This area intentionally left blank. || The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity ~ Harlan Ellison

Quote Originally Posted by jason_kroeker View Post
    So... we know there is a janitor, and that it is not Burn or Valy. And unless I'm missing something, I believe that's all we know.
    MK said something about "minty grapes", indicating that without a doubt both the mint (town rb'er) and grapes (maf rb'er) are in play. But that's probably kind of obvious anyway.

The only possible leads for today would have to be role-generated because there is nothing incriminating in the kp. Otherwise today will be a "random" (aka mafia-swayed) lynch that will end in the lynching of a townie.
    Now go on you, shoo!

Quote Originally Posted by FTP View Post
    The only possible leads for today would have to be role-generated because there is nothing incriminating in the kp. Otherwise today will be a "random" (aka mafia-swayed) lynch that will end in the lynching of a townie.
    That wouldn't be all that bad, actually... given the numbers we have. Let's say we're at 6-2 right now (we could be 5-2-1, but that's basically the same). If we mis-lynch tonight and Mafia gets a kill (4-2), but manage to get a great lead on a Mafia, that puts us 3-1 after 2 more nights, as a worst case. And it's possible within those 2 nights, either the killer will get RB'ed (since we know that role is in play), or a victim could get saved or similar (quite likely such a role is in play, given the size of set-up and the basic roles available).

If we manage to get a lead for tomorrow, and if we get a bit lucky and prevent one kill, bringing us to 4-1 after 2 more nights... then that buys us an extra night until LYLO. So the best way to try and weed out a Mafia (even when there are only 2) is to try and leave votes close - a tie (or multiple ties), and let the Mafia sway the votes. Now, there's a bit of WIFOM since I've now explained this all out loud. But that's part of the game!

Vote: Flossie
    Reason:
    let's get a little more discussion today than there was yesterday - also "oops, I forgot" but sending in a kill does seem like a potential sneaky plan to try and sound clear.

MK said something about "minty grapes", indicating that without a doubt both the mint (town rb'er) and grapes (maf rb'er) are in play. But that's probably kind of obvious anyway.

Can there be a round of mafia without a godfather like figure? I've never played one which is why I'm asking. If there is a godfather we're probably up against 3 mafia, because there's a janitor and FTP's logic for a mafia rb'er makes sense.

S2 R8 - Storeythor
    S4 R8 - Carni
    S8 R2 - Eazykills
    S19 R1 - Seba18

vote: vpin
    Reason: gut

Reason: Let's go for a tie maybe. That may make it harder for mafia to make a kill maybe. This is a wild guess though. No evidence. And also relative to change.

That wouldn't be all that bad, actually... given the numbers we have. Let's say we're at 6-2 right now (we could be 5-2-1, but that's basically the same). If we mis-lynch tonight and Mafia gets a kill (4-2), but manage to get a great lead on a Mafia, that puts us 3-1 after 2 more nights, as a worst case. And it's possible within those 2 nights, either the killer will get RB'ed (since we know that role is in play), or a victim could get saved or similar (quite likely such a role is in play, given the size of set-up and the basic roles available).

If we manage to get a lead for tomorrow, and if we get a bit lucky and prevent one kill, bringing us to 4-1 after 2 more nights... then that buys us an extra night until LYLO. So the best way to try and weed out a Mafia (even when there are only 2) is to try and leave votes close - a tie (or multiple ties), and let the Mafia sway the votes. Now, there's a bit of WIFOM since I've now explained this all out loud. But that's part of the game!

Vote: Flossie
    Reason:
    let's get a little more discussion today than there was yesterday - also "oops, I forgot" but sending in a kill does seem like a potential sneaky plan to try and sound clear.
    Jason, there won't be a lot of discussion from me today either, I will be at the same place I was yesterday getting a garden ready for a client, I simply didn't note the KP time and thus when I did log on, fully expecting to read the day's posts and vote...I found the KP was already posted.

Vote: vinit144

S2 R8 - Storeythor
    S4 R8 - Carni
    S8 R2 - Eazykills
    S19 R1 - Seba18

I deem it incredibly likely that one of the other 2 votes on no lynch last night was a maff. I thought it was most likely to be vpin, but Vinit is acting very suspiciously. For one thing, a tie doesn't really help the town, since it allows everyone involved an excuse.

LFoS: Vinit144.

I want to hear from vpin.

I think Carni is acting quite strange by just voting and not adding any reasoning behind his votes. Maybe he doesn't want to draw too much attention to himself?

Flossie's explanation for not voting makes sense except if she knew she is going to be busy today why didn't she contribute who she thought was mafia in her one post above?

For me its a tossup between Flossie and Carni

Quote Originally Posted by Carni View Post
    Can there be a round of mafia without a godfather like figure? I've never played one which is why I'm asking. If there is a godfather we're probably up against 3 mafia, because there's a janitor and FTP's logic for a mafia rb'er makes sense.
    The Godfather role is almost always used by hosts in this forum. I assume it's probably in play.

Vote: Valynor
    No reason exactly; will change if there's time.
    Now go on you, shoo!

Vinpin....I have not thoughts yet....except that I am rankled by Jason....his reasoning on me sounds a bit unlike him....it sounds like he is mirroring the way I would put things and for that reason he is on the top of my list. So with out further ado....

vote : Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Carni View Post
    The Godfather role is almost always used by hosts in this forum. I assume it's probably in play.

Vote: Valynor
    No reason exactly; will change if there's time.
    I say the exact opposite. I often run rounds without a godfather (or where he has an additional power) so Mafia gets extra Specials. And I know some others do that too, especially in smaller rounds. There's no way we could have 3 Mafia this round, or it's over already (as in, not balanced properly).

Quote Originally Posted by Flossie Schmumpus View Post
    Vinpin....I have not thoughts yet....except that I am rankled by Jason....his reasoning on me sounds a bit unlike him....it sounds like he is mirroring the way I would put things and for that reason he is on the top of my list. So with out further ado....

vote : Jason
    Ah, the retaliation vote. Oh well. Nothing unusual here.
    unvote ... for now

Vote: Jason

Thanks Valy. So much for teals sticking together.

Back to seriousness though... Statistically, Valy and Burn are least likely to be Mafia. So their votes are least likely to be biased. It's not for sure, but better than fully random, I think. Well, I will not follow Valy's vote. So

[b] vote Vinit
    reason:[\b] following Burn, I guess?

[b] vote Vinit
    reason:[\b] following Burn, I guess?
    Technically following Burn would be to vote for me...

I'm going to follow my gut on this one

What's the vote count, and has cutoff already passed?
    Now go on you, shoo!

What's the vote count, and has cutoff already passed?
    Cutoff is in about 5 minutes. I'm doing the vote count now.

Edit:
    Votes:
    vpindian91 - I (Burn)
    Carni - II (Vinit144, vpin)
    Vinit144 - II (Carni, Jason)
    Valynor - I (FTP)
    Jason- II (Flossie, Valynor)

Not voting: None

Again, can someone check this (I'm using first person to reach total tie breaking)?
    Last edited by Mouse-Keyboard; 03-20-2015 at 01:10 AM.

I did not have a vote for Flossie anymore. I did vote for Vinit (though it seems formatting didn't bold it... Stupid phone). And now I see I wasn't actually following Burn - I thought he had voted Vinit, but he had actually voted vp.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse-Keyboard View Post
    (I'm using first person to reach total tie breaking)?
    I hope this doesn't mean what I think it means. Ties go to coin toss or random.org, right?

I hope this doesn't mean what I think it means. Ties go to coin toss or random.org, right?
    Sorry, you got to two votes first. I don't like having randomness (apart from the role allocation), so you're going to die :/

Kill Post Two:

The frozen foods had considerable difficulty deciding who to lynch, but eventually decided to throw jason_kroeker out onto the floor. In the morning, his melted contents were found to be lemon and lime. Flossie Schmumpus and FTP were confused to find that they were in each others' drawers, and Flossie and The Burninator both smelled of minty grapiness.

Summary:
    jason_kroeker was lynched, and was the lemon and lime ice pop.
    Flossie Schmumpus and FTP were switched by the bus driver.
    Flossie and The Burninator were roleblocked.