Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia Episode IV: A New Hope (War Thread)

Vote: Conundrum

Quote Originally Posted by Valynor View Post
    Vote: Conundrum
    What in those three posts made you change from "opting to hold my vote" to voting for me? Seriously guys can we get some discussion or what?

FoS: FTP and Valynor
    Reason: Voting without providing any reason

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    What in those three posts made you change from "opting to hold my vote" to voting for me? Seriously guys can we get some discussion or what?
    If I had to speculate it would be because you were coming at him about voting for no lynch.

"The edge of the world and all of Western civilization"

fos Conun

Failing to include Scarecrow and mbstokem in your fos for the same reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Arnold View Post
    Now go on you, shoo!

I always do that when voting gut instinct. There's little discussion to be had yet.

Quote Originally Posted by SMod Gotmilk View Post
    If I had to speculate it would be because you were coming at him about voting for no lynch.
    Didn't come at him, came at FTP.

Quote Originally Posted by FTP View Post
    fos Conun

Failing to include Scarecrow and mbstokem in your fos for the same reason.
    MB gave his reason and I can gather why SC voted the way he did. Why did you vote no lynch? Why is asking someone for rationale behind their vote a bad thing? O.o
    Last edited by Conundrum; 03-30-2015 at 10:45 PM.

I always do that when voting gut instinct. There's little discussion to be had yet.
    Are you sure it's not because I left you negative rep? You didn't change your vote until directly after that after all.

Are you sure it's not because I left you negative rep? You didn't change your vote until directly after that after all.
    That's exactly what that was. The message made no sense.

I'm suspicious of those who vote "no lynch" on day-2. I tried to push for that last game, because I was Mafia, and it is an ideal opportunity to say "there's no leads, let's not lynch anyone because it's more likely to be Town than Mafia), if the game allows "no lynch" more than once. It sounds like a good reason, but in reality, keeping quiet and voting "no lynch" again only helps Mafia. It gives them another night kill (with no day-kill, which is typically the only way Mafia die), and it keeps almost all discussion out of the day, and it definitely prevents looking for voting patterns if we manage to get Mafia up into a corner by voting one of their members.

So I believe it's been Vinit and FTP who have voted as such.

Vote: FTP

^part of the rationale behind my partial rvs vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonothan Crane
    Patients suffering delusional episodes often focus their paranoia on an external tormentor. Usually one conforming to Jungian archetypes. In this case, a scarecrow.

J_k logic for no lynches makes sense but since there are more ways for town to win besides just killing all the mafia members i can see the reasoning behind voting for no lynch as well.

Since the town can win through the efforts of Luke and Leia we need to be really certain the people we do vote out are not Luke or Leia since doing so would really kill town's chances of winning.

Progress should not be halted for the sake of something that might happen.
    You need R2 to deliver plans to Leia for Luke to begin. Luke then needs to survive 2 days while known to all which can only really happen if Han Solo and Obi-Wan are alive to protect him.

You need 5 interacting rebel roles in order to achieve a win via that method. I find this unlikely to happen.

Patients suffering delusional episodes often focus their paranoia on an external tormentor. Usually one conforming to Jungian archetypes. In this case, a scarecrow.

I agree its unlikely but with Open Comms it isn't impossible for those 5 people to communicate and interact with each other.

That's exactly what that was. The message made no sense.
    So let me get this straight, you're admitting that this post is a lie:

and that you only voted for me to get back at me or whatever for giving you negative reputation?

Interesting strategy.

Reason: KP is in an hour/self preservation

I think Valynor is a much better lynch target then FTP though, being caught lying about why you voted for someone on a night with so little information seems like more than enough reason. If I didn't have two votes on me I would change to Valy.

So let me get this straight, you're admitting that this post is a lie:

and that you only voted for me to get back at me or whatever for giving you negative reputation?

Interesting strategy.

Reason: KP is in an hour/self preservation
    Lets try this again. The neg message itself made no sense. If I cared enough to "get back at you" I'd just neg you right back. But since you wrote gibberish that almost sounded like Id be going somewhere for a week, that makes for a gut instinct. It's really not that difficult to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by vpindian91 View Post
    I agree its unlikely but with Open Comms it isn't impossible for those 5 people to communicate and interact with each other.
    5 out of 14 people total. 1/3 chance that any 1 part of that strategy will fall apart on any given night with increasing odds of failure as the game goes on. Luke, Han and Obi-wan are the pin for better odds once the Empire moves the death star into position as you only need 3 people alive.

Either way, trying to lynch Empire is the strategy most likely to succeed.

Lets try this again. The neg message itself made no sense. If I cared enough to "get back at you" I'd just neg you right back. But since you wrote gibberish that almost sounded like Id be going somewhere for a week, that makes for a gut instinct. It's really not that difficult to understand.
    Since you clearly had a full body reaction to the idea of me giving you negative reputation, maybe google the phrase? You're on a computer after all...

Just admit (wait you already did) that you voted for me because you were pissy that I left you negative rep. We've had this problem in the past (which is why I thought to leave the rep) and you're clearly not over it. You don't have to get so angry and defensive over reputation, it's not that big of a deal.

This doesn't do anything to deter my current vote.

I see where you're trying to go with this Hillary, but even if he is mafia, I don't think him voting you for that reason would be his tell. So really you two are just back and frothing over something that won't get us any closer to lynching the dark side
    Quote Originally Posted by mbstokem View Post
    o ya. i hope he goes back to it. i liked my name being in some1's sig

I see where you're trying to go with this Hillary, but even if he is mafia, I don't think him voting you for that reason would be his tell. So really you two are just back and frothing over something that won't get us any closer to lynching the dark side
    I'm not trying to pretend it's a huge thing, but it's better than a no lynch and is better than completely random lynch since we have nothing on anyone.

Also tyvm for calling me Hillary.

Since you clearly had a full body reaction to the idea of me giving you negative reputation, maybe google the phrase? You're on a computer after all...

Just admit (wait you already did) that you voted for me because you were pissy that I left you negative rep. We've had this problem in the past (which is why I thought to leave the rep) and you're clearly not over it. You don't have to get so angry and defensive over reputation, it's not that big of a deal.
    Then you're simply a buffoon. Either way there's nothing to go off of and I'm ending this pointless conversation.

Couple things. First, why cheddar? That seems an odd first choice. Secondly, why the silence usual crowd? This has so far been dominated by people I'm not used to seeing here. Which, by the way, is great to see. I would love to know the logic behind cheddars death though.

Then you're simply a buffoon. Either way there's nothing to go off of and I'm ending this pointless conversation.
    Not at all a pointless conversation, none are in mafia. Certainly better than the complete lack of conversation/insta-voting you and FTP (The Empire) were trying to maintain.

"The edge of the world and all of Western civilization"

Unvote:Vote: Conundrum
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Arnold View Post
    Now go on you, shoo!

Couple things. First, why cheddar? That seems an odd first choice. Secondly, why the silence usual crowd? This has so far been dominated by people I'm not used to seeing here. Which, by the way, is great to see. I would love to know the logic behind cheddars death though.
    This post feels very "trying to be town" to me.

First off, I imagine you've played enough mafia games to know that the early mafia kills are very random. I know when I play I kill off the lower activity people first at the hopes of a good game.

Second, why are you asking about the other members being more quiet? You said this like 4 hours ago:

You know why people are quiet (you silenced them), because until just now nothing has really been going on.

What would be your motive to come up with these two random/stupid questions? I can't think of one besides trying to appear more town. Why are you so shaken up, Darth Sidious?

FOS: Stokem

This post feels very "trying to be town" to me.

First off, I imagine you've played enough mafia games to know that the early mafia kills are very random. I know when I play I kill off the lower activity people first at the hopes of a good game.

Second, why are you asking about the other members being more quiet? You said this like 4 hours ago:

You know why people are quiet (you silenced them), because until just now nothing has really been going on.

What would be your motive to come up with these two random/stupid questions? I can't think of one besides trying to appear more town. Why are you so shaken up, Darth Sidious?
    There's always some reason. Even if its simply to kill off inactives as you said. This is how I win games, I find the logic behind the KPs. Quite frankly, if the mafia could simultaneously play town perfectly and simply rolled the dice on who they killed it would probably stump me. But everyone has some reason for who they kill. Perhaps that person is a threat by virtue of being a good player, maybe theres a personal grudge, an inside joke, or inactivity kills. Either way, there's ALWAYS a reason.

As for the second thing, most players generally pipe in even if its to say they know nothing. The quiet from the usual players is different.

Edit: Unvote: Conun I dont know why you have this undying hatred of me, but after googling See You Next Tuesday I get the reference.
    Last edited by Valynor; 03-31-2015 at 02:31 AM.

There's always some reason. Even if its simply to kill off inactives as you said. This is how I win games, I find the logic behind the KPs. Quite frankly, if the mafia could simultaneously play town perfectly and simply rolled the dice on who they killed it would probably stump me. But everyone has some reason for who they kill. Perhaps that person is a threat by virtue of being a good player, maybe theres a personal grudge, an inside joke, or inactivity kills. Either way, there's ALWAYS a reason.

As for the second thing, most players generally pipe in even if its to say they know nothing. The quiet from the usual players is different.

Edit: Unvote: Conun I dont know why you have this undying hatred of me, but after googling See You Next Tuesday I get the reference.
    I've never seen you really excel at mafia to be honest, so I'm not going to trust you with the whole "this is how I win games" thing. I've played mafia on this forum a million times and I know how it works, there isn't "ALWAYS a reason", especially not the first night. How the hell could there be?

I don't have an undying hatred of you, I think you have a rage/delusion problem and nobody was talking so I called you a ****.

15 minute warning on closure of votes and specials.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    FOS: Stokem
    Butt wai dough?

I've never seen you really excel at mafia to be honest,
    Lol. Although I suppose that could be the delusion.
    Last edited by Valynor; 03-31-2015 at 02:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Burninator View Post
    Do you have a vote count? I'm feeling lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by The Burninator View Post
    Shaddup we're trying to have an adult convo here

-32 degrees latitude, free, safe and warm

What a load of useless "stuff" to wade through at short notice. I dont thing much of it is useful
    vote: FTP

Not a lot to go on, but I don't like to nl
    I'm glad I'm not judgemental like all you smug, superficial idiots

Shaddup we're trying to have an adult convo here
    Theres no adult conversation here :P

Lol.
    Don't cry over spoiled milk. You and FTP are mere pawns in the dark expanse of hell that is the Empire.

EBWOP... excuse typos bleh, bleh

Theres no adult conversation here :P
    Are there even any adults?