Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia Marvel Round

^ Damn Black Widow has some nice boobs
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelman View Post
    If I don't attack any WWs, can I take credit for the win?

Trick question, of course I can. After all, here in the forum no rules apply. Folks just declare themselves the winner. Easier. No unpleasant bending.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokchick View Post
    Pap is trying to do a wildfire with weird.

As is usual for my rounds, day 1 is a double day so everyone has a chance to stop in.

Quote Originally Posted by The Burninator View Post
    I herd GM likes butts.
    I've never heard of him!
    US1 - R8: Seba18 - TMH
    US1 - R9: Easy Faked Oven - RIP (http://travian-reports.net/us/report/284151238bd/http://travian-reports.net/us/report/293427537bc)
    US19 - R1: Seba18 (win)

Quote Originally Posted by Seba View Post
    I've never heard of him!
    You've never heard of me, or of butts? Because either way I'm feeling hurt

-32 degrees latitude, free, safe and warm

Butthurt?
    I'm glad I'm not judgemental like all you smug, superficial idiots

I'm ashamed that I started this discussion about butts.

What comes out cannot come back in
    US1 - R8: Seba18 - TMH
    US1 - R9: Easy Faked Oven - RIP (http://travian-reports.net/us/report/284151238bd/http://travian-reports.net/us/report/293427537bc)
    US19 - R1: Seba18 (win)

Hehe. Butt.
    Hahahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonothan Crane
    Patients suffering delusional episodes often focus their paranoia on an external tormentor. Usually one conforming to Jungian archetypes. In this case, a scarecrow.

So I have a question for everyone. Because of the way this round is, powers are almost non-existent at the beginning. Would you rather it stay closed comms, or I open them up? I realized it may be more difficult to pick things up with the lack of powers early on as most of it is behind the scenes. Experimental system, I'm happy to change things around if needed.

Open commmmmmm

Either.
    I tend to avoid most comms when they are open anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonothan Crane
    Patients suffering delusional episodes often focus their paranoia on an external tormentor. Usually one conforming to Jungian archetypes. In this case, a scarecrow.

-32 degrees latitude, free, safe and warm

Ditto. I always assume anyone PMing me has an ulterior motive.
    I'm glad I'm not judgemental like all you smug, superficial idiots

Not open. Open comms takes away from group discussion which drives the game for most people.
    Quote Originally Posted by mbstokem View Post
    o ya. i hope he goes back to it. i liked my name being in some1's sig

Also vote: no lynch
    o ya. i hope he goes back to it. i liked my name being in some1's sig

Not open. Open comms takes away from group discussion which drives the game for most people.
    ^this

I used open comms last game cuz it was supposed to help the town.

Of course, it really only helped Conun.

That said, if Conun is town, yo open up dem comms ^^.

I agree with that. I am not very proficient in open comms, it is much better this way where every discussion happens in front of your eyes. Much easier to follow and be a part of.

Closed comms it is.

My wife is making dinner and we are going to have a night to celebrate her new job, so I'm going to post KP a bit early. I'll check in every so often to answer questions, but otherwise I'll be mostly gone for the day. KP coming up.

Nobody was lynched.

Gotmilk was attacked by Mandarin.

Scarecrow was saved.

Gotmilk was saved.

Wow everyone loves me.

Wow, very telling KP. That makes Gotmilk confirmed not super villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Wow, very telling KP. That makes Gotmilk confirmed not super villain.
    I promise to use this great power responsibly.

I find it very unlikely there are two town doctors this round especially since half of the town doesnt even have their powers yet.

Looks like either scarecrow was saved by a mafia doctor or the mafia set up a very elaborate cover up for Gotmilk

Fos: Scarecrow

He could still be a X-man but that's not really top priority at the moment, especially since professor Xavier is still alive.

And why not (hopefully) start conversation with super weak accusations with long winded explanations: I'm curious about the saving of Scare. Since Gotmilk was targeted by Mafia and saved, then we can assume that his savior was not a villain. With the town's powers currently suppressed (other than hulk and daredevil I'm assuming) then I'm not very confident that there are two people on the town's side at the moment who can save people. So could Scare's save been a villain save?

I'm not sure how close to canon Valy is sticking for powers, so I guess I can't know but it's definitely a possibility. I mean I doubt both daredevil and hulk can save people if that's even a possibility as a power for both of them. And the only other possibility is if a X-man can save someone and the only one I can see having that power is Jean with her Phoenix powers. And that's if Xavier or Magneto were able to successfully find Jean on Day 1. Which, in that case, it could be a protection of Scare if he is either Xavier or Magneto. But that could also be the case for GM, which I think is more likely. Especially since I think that one of Xavier's powers is probably the ability to foresee his death on account of his telepathy since Valy hinted at extra protection for Xavier and Magneto. But that's IF any of what I just speculated is true.

Again I don't see daredevil or hulk getting healing powers unless we stray from canon a bit. Maybe Hulk. So either way, the likelyhood that there is more than one doctor on the side of the town at this point in the game is very low. This is not strong enough for even an FoS towards Scare in my opinion but it is something to think about.
    Live Life, Love Others.

Quote Originally Posted by DeLink View Post
    Cheddar is one of the popular, energetic guys.
    "A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult." - Proverbs 12:16

"Comparison is the thief of joy." - Theodore Roosevelt

Dethy Analysis Helper

EBWOP: Damn, sniped due to my blabbering...
    Live Life, Love Others.

"A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult." - Proverbs 12:16

Dethy Analysis Helper

If I understand the rules correctly only two players should have powers N1.
    Considering only two powers showed up, I think it's safe to assume that we saw the hulk and daredevil.
    The only other possible explanation is that one of those two forgot to send in special after two days AND someone besides those two roles already had powers. This is almost definitely not the case.

My guess: Hulk and Daredevil are Doctor and Schizo... or collector, basically anything not doctor but is possible to do a save. Which would result in two saves. I'm leaning towards schizo for the second since its a common role.

Trick question, of course I can. After all, here in the forum no rules apply. Folks just declare themselves the winner. Easier. No unpleasant bending.

Quote Originally Posted by cheddar View Post
    I'm not sure how close to canon Valy is sticking for powers
    I think he said he wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by vpindian91 View Post
    I find it very unlikely there are two town doctors this round especially since half of the town doesnt even have their powers yet.

Looks like either scarecrow was saved by a mafia doctor or the mafia set up a very elaborate cover up for Gotmilk

Fos: Scarecrow
    ^

town doesn't have two doctor roles. Mafia targeted Gotmilk

Vote: Scarecrow

Not sure how experienced Cheddar is so I'm going to go with.
    Vote: VP
    FOS:Cheddar
    Am I over reacting? Possibly, but honestly the rules were pretty clear and trying to cast doubt on scare seems scummy.
    Counter-arguement, if they were mafia they would know for certain that their theory was wrong. Would they still post it?
    I got no ******* clue, but hey whatever man.

I think this has been done in one of the rounds to help prevent a Mafia from looking like a mafia. If I am not wrong there is very much a probability that SC or anyone who would have been saved had been set up to be framed. It may sound weird but I believe is very much likely. I think I'll hold my vote for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildfire8 View Post
    If I understand the rules correctly only two players should have powers N1.
    Considering only two powers showed up, I think it's safe to assume that we saw the hulk and daredevil.
    The only other possible explanation is that one of those two forgot to send in special after two days AND someone besides those two roles already had powers. This is almost definitely not the case.

My guess: Hulk and Daredevil are Doctor and Schizo... or collector, basically anything not doctor but is possible to do a save. Which would result in two saves. I'm leaning towards schizo for the second since its a common role.
    I took this line:

Quote Originally Posted by Valynor View Post
    Each villain has a superhero counterpart. Those superheroes are not given powers yet. They must find and kill the villain to get their powers. They may target one person a night. If it's the villain, the villain dies and they get their power. However, if the villain targets THEM, the hero dies and gets the superheroes power on top of the power they already have.

as Villains already have powers to start the game and superheroes don't. So the two powers could be from the two town roles or it could be from either of the 2 town roles and any of the 3 mafia members.
    Last edited by vpindian91; 04-09-2015 at 06:18 AM. Reason: added emphasis

Wow conun jumps right on the train.
    Am I nuts or is everyone else wrong? Is there a difference?
    All right getting too deep.
    Note: I am not saying that scare is innocent, just that the saves aren't incriminating
    Well actually now that I think about it Scare has a lower probability of being town compared to other players not in the KP based on my reasoning that both actions were town based so that excludes scare from a town role.
    But still all this about a mafia doctor is wrong. I hope. If not I look super scummy rn. Lol whatever night everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by vpindian91 View Post
    I took this line:.......as Villains already have powers to start the game and superheroes don't. So the two powers could be from the two town roles or it could be from either of the 2 town roles and any of the 3 mafia members.
    Hmmm you're right, it does read like the villains already have powers. So yeah I'm an idiot sorry man.
    Unvote

So yeah most likely explanation is two doctors to keep things balanced. These guys most likely do know what they're talking about and I have just accidentally spammed everyone again. (Sorry Valy) Everyone can disregard everything i have said tonight as complete gibberish and with that said, I am now going to go to bed.

So you guys seem to have went on a wild ride that didn't really get us anywhere, I'll come back in the morning when I'm actually capable of thinking things through but I'm going to at least put a vote down so I don't forget to come back and do it later.

Vote: Conundrum: he's a shady lady and I don't like it

Quote Originally Posted by Wildfire8 View Post
    Wow conun jumps right on the train.
    Am I nuts or is everyone else wrong? Is there a difference?
    All right getting too deep.
    Note: I am not saying that scare is innocent, just that the saves aren't incriminating
    Well actually now that I think about it Scare has a lower probability of being town compared to other players not in the KP based on my reasoning that both actions were town based so that excludes scare from a town role.
    But still all this about a mafia doctor is wrong. I hope. If not I look super scummy rn. Lol whatever night everyone.

I agree that the saves aren't totally incriminating. This could just be the mafia framing scare, but its a good lead so far and it helps generate discussion.

Of course the saves are incriminating. The KP tells us this:

Gotmilk was attacked by Mandarin
    Scarecrow was saved
    Gotmilk was saved

Two doctor type roles used. Town only had two roles that could be used in the first place, Daredevil and Hulk (no villain counterpart to kill). There's no way they're both doctors. Which means one of the saves had to have come from mafia.

Everyone always says "mafia's could be targeting each other to throw the town off", but I've only seen that done like once and it didn't work out. It also would make zero sense to do it night 1. Besides if this is somehow a mafia ruse then we can just lynch Gotmilk the next day and we got em.

Mafia do start with powers. To level that field, ONLY mafia moves are distinguished as to who did it. I've had some wine so forgive me if that doesnt make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    I think he said he wasn't.
    This is only statement made by Valy publically that is anything close to evidence for this:
    I'll make it very non-comic friendly for you.
    And that's still super vague as to what that entails. So for now I'm calling bull**** on him not using canon for powers unless he comes out and says something more concrete on the matter. Makes no sense to me to not use basic canon at least for power mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinit144 View Post
    I think this has been done in one of the rounds to help prevent a Mafia from looking like a mafia. If I am not wrong there is very much a probability that SC or anyone who would have been saved had been set up to be framed. It may sound weird but I believe is very much likely. I think I'll hold my vote for now.
    Definitely a possibility.

I was making a weak accusation and said so. I have more faith in my theory on Xavier's power and that still is based on circumstances that I can't be sure happened.
    Live Life, Love Others.

Dethy Analysis Helper

Mafia do start with powers. To level that field, ONLY mafia moves are distinguished as to who did it. I've had some wine so forgive me if that doesnt make sense.
    So it would've said "Mafia Member X saved Scarecrow"

Unvote: Scarecrow