Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia Marvel Round

Ohhhhh wait X-Men aren't superheroes and they start with powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Ohhhhh wait X-Men aren't superheroes and they start with powers.
    But they aren't activated until they find each other. And I think only recruiting happens in the day so the only way X-men could have had powers before night one is if Xavier or Magneto successfully found someone.
    Live Life, Love Others.

Quote Originally Posted by DeLink View Post
    Cheddar is one of the popular, energetic guys.
    "A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult." - Proverbs 12:16

"Comparison is the thief of joy." - Theodore Roosevelt

Dethy Analysis Helper

So it would've said "Mafia Member X saved Scarecrow"

Unvote: Scarecrow
    Let me clarify as thats entirely on me. I'm referring specifically to the mafia kill. That will ALWAYS say who did it. Nothing else, including other kills, will. Also, powers will make sense, but arent necessarily canon.

Quote Originally Posted by cheddar View Post
    But they aren't activated until they find each other. And I think only recruiting happens in the day so the only way X-men could have had powers before night one is if Xavier or Magneto successfully found someone.

^This. I know this round is a bit complicated and I hope not overly so. I thought it'd be a fun concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Valynor View Post
    Also, powers will make sense, but arent necessarily canon.
    Well, that's what I figured. Like their powers are inspired from the canon. Which is what my thought process was when I talked about possibilities of Jean being a healer or Xavier being able to help save himself. It'll be canon translated into mafia mechanics.
    Live Life, Love Others.

"A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult." - Proverbs 12:16

Dethy Analysis Helper

What the **** did I miss? 0_0
    Give me an hour to go sort through all this...

Quote Originally Posted by Jonothan Crane
    Patients suffering delusional episodes often focus their paranoia on an external tormentor. Usually one conforming to Jungian archetypes. In this case, a scarecrow.

-32 degrees latitude, free, safe and warm

So glad I didn't have time to look at this thread earlier...
    So, where are now? Gotmilk is town. Or at least not super villain. If his save was mafia it would have been noted.
    Damn, I have looked 3 times at the OP list while writing this post alone. And I'm still not sure I will know who anyone is talking about.
    Scare is not confirmed anything yet because it also wasn't maf who saved him.
    Have I got it?

Conun is looking confusing along with everyone else!

But based on previous statements, unless I have something to go on, it's either Burn or Conundrum. What a conundrum
    vote: Burn
    for now.
    I'm glad I'm not judgemental like all you smug, superficial idiots

Ok...Maybe I didn't need an hour.
    General thoughts (without quotes):
    1. Why is Cheddar so hung up on Prof. X? It is either theory crafting or he actually knows something for true but not trying to totally let on. Makes me think he is Magneto with how the rest of those posts went.
    2. Saves are neither incriminating nor prove anything (at this stage. They should mean more n2 with further evidence behind them.
    At this stage, there could be a mafia doctor (Why? Unless there is a vig or other killing role), 2 town doctors (unlikely for balance purposes in my mind), or another role has saves as a possibility (collector or schizo were mentioned as possibles and make sense). There are many possible ways this could work hence why I think it will mean more n2.
    3. Conun's game plan has completely changed since last game. I'm taking that to mean he is town role pending further evidence.
    4. Valy's 'roles will make sense but not neccessarily canon' post is interesting. I'll have to have a look back through role names to see if there may be any obvious contextual clues.

May be back with more as I keel going through.

Patients suffering delusional episodes often focus their paranoia on an external tormentor. Usually one conforming to Jungian archetypes. In this case, a scarecrow.

Let me clarify as thats entirely on me. I'm referring specifically to the mafia kill. That will ALWAYS say who did it. Nothing else, including other kills, will. Also, powers will make sense, but arent necessarily canon.
    Further thoughts on the above:
    Potentials:
    Ironman - Bodyguard (think of iron suit protecting someone)
    Daredevil - Schizo / collector (dares may involve an inherent amount of risk)
    Doc Oc - Doctor (in the name)
    Storm - Collector (makes sense if each of her weather abilities means something different e.g. fog hiding someone so can't be hurt, lightning killing someone, cyclone/tornado/hurricane roleblock keeping people in cover).

Sadly, most of these really obvious reading all allude to something similar. Not sure how much can be read into it but it is some thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    Ok...Maybe I didn't need an hour.
    General thoughts (without quotes):
    1. Why is Cheddar so hung up on Prof. X? It is either theory crafting or he actually knows something for true but not trying to totally let on. Makes me think he is Magneto with how the rest of those posts went.
    Probably more over thinking than theory crafting, but yeah. Discussion was lacking so I posted.

2. Saves are neither incriminating nor prove anything (at this stage. They should mean more n2 with further evidence behind them.
    At this stage, there could be a mafia doctor (Why? Unless there is a vig or other killing role), 2 town doctors (unlikely for balance purposes in my mind), or another role has saves as a possibility (collector or schizo were mentioned as possibles and make sense). There are many possible ways this could work hence why I think it will mean more n2.
    "Why?" Seeing as how unlikely it is that there are currently two active town-sided doctors AND the fact that the indy powers aren't necessarily activated yet either. Things are very vanilla at the moment and considering that I think the mafia doctor theory is most likely at this point. However, that still isn't much of anything all things considered and I agree that night 2 should help out a lot more with this.

Also, schizo was mentioned in a cut-and-paste portion of the OP and I don't remember a collector being mentioned. Did I not see something?
    Last edited by cheddar; 04-09-2015 at 11:03 AM. Reason: seperating quotation to make replies more clear
    Live Life, Love Others.

Dethy Analysis Helper

Vote: WF8
    Reason: I've never seen him play town and not have roleclaimed VI by now.

Wow, a lot happened last night (after KP)! And it's basically all speculation. Hard to say who has what powers (Town/Mafia/Indie) this round, given the set-up... and then to know what is activated. It seems Mafia have powers, but the 3 paired Townies don't yet. The 2 unpaired Townies might (and it seems probably do, and that one probably is a Doctor or similar).

As for Indies... if I read it correctly, when they start to assemble, they gain powers, which means that if any successfully targets any other X-man, they get a power. By pure odds alone, let's say all 5 targeted someone early enough yesterday (that activating a power before KP could be effective). The 2 recruiters do not seem to be able to target the other to activate this, but I will consider if a non-recruiter targets a recruiter, they have found another X-man (Host confirm?) Anyway, the recruiters have 12 to choose from, and 3 are successful (9/12 causes no match). The 3 others have 4/12 success (pending assumption above), or or 8/12 chance of no match.
    So assuming all 5 submitted a name, there is (9/12)^2*(8/12)^3=0.167 chance of no match 5/6 chances of a match, or 1/6 chance of no match). I'd say at least 1 Indie has their power already, almost definitely!

On the other hand, if my assumption is wrong, and a non-recruiter can only get 'activated' by finding another non-recruiter, then their odds change to 2/12 success or 10/12 no match. Overall odds then (9/12)^2*(10/12)^3=0.326, or still only a 1/3 chance no match happened (2/3 chance someone got matched yesterday).

So we could have seen Town/Mafia Docs, or maybe Town/Indie, or maybe Mafia/Indie. In other words, we know nothing.

All that being said, we still might want to vote someone today, because we don't know if or how many killing roles are friendly. So lynching may be our best choice to get the Villains.

Quote Originally Posted by jason_kroeker View Post
    Wow, a lot happened last night (after KP)! And it's basically all speculation. Hard to say who has what powers (Town/Mafia/Indie) this round, given the set-up... and then to know what is activated. It seems Mafia have powers, but the 3 paired Townies don't yet. The 2 unpaired Townies might (and it seems probably do, and that one probably is a Doctor or similar).

As for Indies... if I read it correctly, when they start to assemble, they gain powers, which means that if any successfully targets any other X-man, they get a power. By pure odds alone, let's say all 5 targeted someone early enough yesterday (that activating a power before KP could be effective). The 2 recruiters do not seem to be able to target the other to activate this, but I will consider if a non-recruiter targets a recruiter, they have found another X-man (Host confirm?) Anyway, the recruiters have 12 to choose from, and 3 are successful (9/12 causes no match). The 3 others have 4/12 success (pending assumption above), or or 8/12 chance of no match.
    So assuming all 5 submitted a name, there is (9/12)^2*(8/12)^3=0.167 chance of no match 5/6 chances of a match, or 1/6 chance of no match). I'd say at least 1 Indie has their power already, almost definitely!

On the other hand, if my assumption is wrong, and a non-recruiter can only get 'activated' by finding another non-recruiter, then their odds change to 2/12 success or 10/12 no match. Overall odds then (9/12)^2*(10/12)^3=0.326, or still only a 1/3 chance no match happened (2/3 chance someone got matched yesterday).

So we could have seen Town/Mafia Docs, or maybe Town/Indie, or maybe Mafia/Indie. In other words, we know nothing.

All that being said, we still might want to vote someone today, because we don't know if or how many killing roles are friendly. So lynching may be our best choice to get the Villains.
    X-man targetting a recruiter does nothing. The recruiter must find the x-men.

Usual night 2 shot in the dark...

vote: mbstokem

Confusing game mechanics are confusing.

Okay so if the mafia had a save it WOULDN'T show up in the KP as "Mafia Member X saved Scarecrow" but as "Scarecrow was saved"? Is that what you're saying?

If so SCs mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by The Burninator View Post
    Vote: WF8
    Reason: I've never seen him play town and not have roleclaimed VI by now.
    That's not fair Valy will auto-kill me. Seriously like it's happened.
    Vote:Burn
    Stop trying to get me to kill myself.
    P.S. I'm sick so no alcohol for me for atleast a few more days so y'all are only gonna get sober crazy. Well actually I just stocked up on cough syrup. LOL
    ... Damn you burn I want to make some claims so bad right now **** you
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelman View Post
    If I don't attack any WWs, can I take credit for the win?

Trick question, of course I can. After all, here in the forum no rules apply. Folks just declare themselves the winner. Easier. No unpleasant bending.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokchick View Post
    Pap is trying to do a wildfire with weird.

Vote: Burn

I have feels that feel mafia from him
    Quote Originally Posted by mbstokem View Post
    o ya. i hope he goes back to it. i liked my name being in some1's sig

Okay so if the mafia had a save it WOULDN'T show up in the KP as "Mafia Member X saved Scarecrow" but as "Scarecrow was saved"? Is that what you're saying?

If so SCs mafia.
    So this is my first round, so sorry if this is a stupid question: Why would Scarecrow be mafia? Couldn't "Mandarin" attack Gotmilk and the mafia realize they are attacking one of their own and save him? If so, then either of them could be mafia, correct? Let me know if I am making a mistake somewhere.
    US1 - R8: Seba18 - TMH
    US1 - R9: Easy Faked Oven - RIP (http://travian-reports.net/us/report/284151238bd/http://travian-reports.net/us/report/293427537bc)
    US19 - R1: Seba18 (win)

^Yes this scenario is very possible. So we don't really know much definitively from last night, except that GM isn't mandarin. Everything else is theories and based on reads of players. If it's your first round it will be hard to read people because you have no baseline to judge them off of to guess if they are acting different.

Trick question, of course I can. After all, here in the forum no rules apply. Folks just declare themselves the winner. Easier. No unpleasant bending.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildfire8 View Post
    If it's your first round it will be hard to read people because you have no baseline to judge them off of to guess if they are acting different.
    This also gives me an advantage
    US1 - R9: Easy Faked Oven - RIP (http://travian-reports.net/us/report/284151238bd/http://travian-reports.net/us/report/293427537bc)

Quote Originally Posted by Seba View Post
    So this is my first round, so sorry if this is a stupid question: Why would Scarecrow be mafia? Couldn't "Mandarin" attack Gotmilk and the mafia realize they are attacking one of their own and save him? If so, then either of them could be mafia, correct? Let me know if I am making a mistake somewhere.
    The mafia know who each other, so they would never do that on accident. It could be done on purpose but that I see very little reason to intentionally draw attention to yourself like that. I'm hesitant to say place blame on scarecrow either for that fact, although with the confusing round mechanics he might not have known that the save would show up in the KP.

Now what I do find interesting is Seba and Wildfire trying so hard to throw suspicion, that isn't really concrete from anyone, off Scarecrow. I've got my eyes on you

Quote Originally Posted by Seba View Post
    It's a possibility, but mafia almost never targets themselves especially not night one. If mafia did do this and SC turns up town then we lynch Gotmilk and we have a mafia.

It's day 2, the two saves is all the actual evidence we have. I'm definitely happy to go with the KP evidence over "I have a feeling XYZ is mafia"...

Vote: Scarecrow

Quote Originally Posted by SMod Gotmilk View Post
    The mafia know who each other, so they would never do that on accident. It could be done on purpose but that I see very little reason to intentionally draw attention to yourself like that. I'm hesitant to say place blame on scarecrow either for that fact, although with the confusing round mechanics he might not have known that the save would show up in the KP.

Now what I do find interesting is Seba and Wildfire trying so hard to throw suspicion, that isn't really concrete from anyone, off Scarecrow. I've got my eyes on you
    Again, I'm just trying to learn the game so don't read too much into it. I'm just trying to understand where the assumptions are coming from.

It's a possibility, but mafia almost never targets themselves especially not night one. If mafia did do this and SC turns up town then we lynch Gotmilk and we have a mafia.

It's day 2, the two saves is all the actual evidence we have. I'm definitely happy to go with the KP evidence over "I have a feeling XYZ is mafia"...

This makes sense then.

B
    To be clear I defended scare back when I thought the two actions (saves) had to have been sent in by town. That being said I still think the likely scenario is that scare is being set up. If we lynch him and he comes up town GM is not our next best bet. It's the people that lead on scare.
    Still all that being said we really shouldn't even bother with all that it's obvious that burn is maffs so stop wasting our time and help us lynch him already.

B

To be clear I defended scare back when I thought the two actions (saves) had to have been sent in by town. That being said I still think the likely scenario is that scare is being set up. If we lynch him and he comes up town GM is not our next best bet. It's the people that lead on scare.
    Still all that being said we really shouldn't even bother with all that it's obvious that burn is maffs so stop wasting our time and help us lynch him already.
    I don't know how you guys think logic works but it isn't like that. You're trying to lead a lynch based on tenuous evidence at best, while at the same time trying distance yourself from it and to pin the blame on someone else. If I didn't know better that sounds like something a mafia scum would do

This is still way too vague. Grrr

Unvote

If so SCs mafia.
    This is correct. At least, the first part lol.

Vote: Conundrum

I don't know how you guys think logic works but it isn't like that. You're trying to lead a lynch based on tenuous evidence at best, while at the same time trying distance yourself from it and to pin the blame on someone else. If I didn't know better that sounds like something a mafia scum would do
    I completely agree that my vote on burn has no logic to support it, I never claimed otherwise.
    Obviously I also agree and have already stated that the votes on scare aren't logical and make the voters look suspicious.

I'm not seeing the kp as "evidence" of anything other than there are two saves one of which is "most likely" mafia. How do we know the towns doc role can't save 2 at a time? How do we know the maf aren't pulling a WIFOM type play? There is no "evidence" in the kp so claiming there is when it's all still just guessing and assumptions of what roles do what and which team they belong to us just silly. I'm not defending SC, he could very well be mafia, but saying he's mafia because of a save isn't convincing enough to make me not go with my gut.
    o ya. i hope he goes back to it. i liked my name being in some1's sig

I wouldn't put much on Seba. It's his first round ever and Valy did say he hand picked roles so I'd assume that he'd put Seba on one of the least complicated roles so he could participate without getting too badly confused. And in the case of this round the two least complicated roles look like daredevil and hulk so unless I'm given evidence that proves otherwise I'm going to give Seba the benefit of the doubt for now. If this comes back to bite me then all the more credit goes to Seba.

I completely agree that my vote on burn has no logic to support it, I never claimed otherwise.
    Obviously I also agree and have already stated that the votes on scare aren't logical and make the voters look suspicious.
    I think GM misread your post because I also did and was going to respond to you here before I caught myself. I don't think he should have grouped you with Conun in that accusation.

Also, with so little to go on I'm not sure I want to jump on Burn or Scare and I will also admit that I'm starting to slip into a "we need to kill Conun first" mentality. So I'll hold my vote for now so I can have time to go back through the thread again and see if it's worth going for Burn or Scare.
    Live Life, Love Others.

Dethy Analysis Helper

How exactly am I trying to distance myself from it? Seems a lot more like I'm trying to lead a lynch on SC, which I am.

I'm not seeing the kp as "evidence" of anything other than there are two saves one of which is "most likely" mafia.
    Right, that's exactly it. I'm not saying it's great evidence, but it's evidence enough for day 2. What else do we even have to go on besides our gut?

I can say with complete confidence that out of the limited active power roles town has (I'm assuming two) one of them isn't a doctor type role. That's more than enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by cheddar View Post
    I'm starting to slip into a "we need to kill Conun first" mentality.
    Can we stop with this already? Sorry I won last game - time to get over it.
    Last edited by Conundrum; 04-09-2015 at 09:39 PM.

The only other option to the weak KP evidence is a random shot in the dark lynch, you guys are dumb.

The only other option to the weak KP evidence is a random shot in the dark lynch, you guys are dumb.
    I don't see how that is any worse. All we've learned today is that we haven't learned anything.

I don't see how that is any worse. All we've learned today is that we haven't learned anything.
    Yes we have... two saves were used. That's not nothing. Town had two roles that could be used, Hulk and Daredevil. They're not both doctors. One of the saves most likely came from an independent or a mafia. You were targetted by mafia so I'm willing to bet Scarecrow was saved by mafia.

This isn't even weak evidence, it's pretty solid. Especially for day 2????????

I'm just going to put out there there the possibility of maf doctors being able to target non-maf players.
    As an exercise to skew with readings it has definitely worked.

I'm just going to put out there there the possibility of maf doctors being able to target non-maf players.
    As an exercise to skew with readings it has definitely worked.
    That is of course a possibility. Willing to take it though, with no other evidence on the board. Plus my gut is telling me you're mafia, especially after this post.

So, who are we lynching?