Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia Marvel Round

Default Mafia Marvel Round

Game basics:

Mafia is a game of logic and deceit where 3 opposing teams; the Villagers, independents and mafia all try to kill each other off. The mafia are killers whose goal is to take over the town by outnumbering the Villagers, by placing votes for lynches and killing off a member each night.

The Rules for the Game:

1. --- Mafia is divided into rounds, or ‘days.’ Each round lasts for 24 hours and will begin/end at 09:00 EST. The KP should come at ROUGHLY 10:00 EST. The reason I say roughly is because I will have detailed KP's to help further the story. And yes, for those of you who don't care, there will be a summary at the bottom.

2. --- In that amount of time, the players of the game decide who as a group they want to Lynch by voting. To vote, you must state that it is a vote, and make the vote Bold. The player who receives the most votes will be killed at the end of that day, unless he is saved. Players MAY vote No Lynch.

3. ---The Mafia has the power to kill a player once each day by messaging me, the host, the players name. That player will die unless they are saved. The Mafia also must tell me which of their players they will send to do the job. Any member of the mafia may send in the kill, but I will only take the kill from the highest ranking member.

4. ---Most players have a special power that they can use once per day. Within that day, the player must message me how they are going to use their power, even if it is to abstain from using it.

5. ---Specials are made void if they are killed before getting the chance to use it.

6. ---If you wish to show suspicion for someone, but do not want to vote for them, use the same format as if you were to vote, but instead, call it a FoS (Finger of Suspicion.) I will keep track of all FoS and votes. I will post a vote count at 10:00 EST so I can be corrected if wrong.

7. ---Betraying your group, or otherwise not "playing to win" (such as voting for yourselves) is taboo. If I catch you doing so, you will be permanently blacklisted from my games, no exceptions. Even if things seem hopeless, or you dislike your teammates, keep trying; if you give up (or worse, betray your team), you ruin the fun for everyone.

9. ---The dead may not talk ever. Not even one post after they are dead or I will ask a mod to delete it. The. Dead. May. Not. Talk.

10.--- I am omnipotent. I can do whatever I want. So suck it.

Rules and Requirements

1. Once the game has started, keep the spamming to a moderate amount. I'll give you a warning if I think you are spamming too much. You get two warnings, and after that I will kill you.
    2. Stay active on the thread. Inactives get auto-killed. And I'm strict on this as you know if you've played previous rounds of mine. After 3 days you will get auto-killed. All you have to do to be active is post or PM me. You don't have to vote. There ARE exceptions to this rule. If I know someone should be active (say, Hidden Sage for example) then I will likely turn the other cheek for an extra day or two as I know sometimes you have problems getting access to a computer. You may also let me know in advance. Just do me a favor. If you aren't going to be available for longer than 4 days, don't sign up.
    4. Voting is done publicly.
    4-1. Abstaining is, of course, allowed, and you can vote for a "no lynch" as well.
    4-2. As of now, you may change your votes as much as you like, but if it becomes an issue, a rule disabling changing votes will be made.
    5. Posting private messages is NOT allowed. It is a game of deceit and intellect, after all. It’s up to the players to decide who to believe.
    6. No screen shots can be posted or sent to other players! If somebody sends you one, please report it to me and they will be auto-killed. Thank you.
    7. NO ROLE-CLAIMING PUBLICLY! And I would prefer you keep it to a minimum in PM's, but I'm lenient on this if I hear about it.
    8. Investigations will be PMed at the KP, so as to allow roleblockers the chance to block them.
    9. I reserve the right to refuse someones application to join the game. I most likely will not do this, but there are certain people who are not allowed to join because they are inactive every time they sign up.
    10. There will likely be enough roles for everyone to have one, unless there are too many people and it would become complicated.
    11. The game is meant to be fun, and while there are a lot of rules, just remember, I'm a laid back host. I like to have fun, and I want you to have fun. The rules are mainly here to explain what you can and can't do, and they aren't sugarcoated. Many of them I am very relaxed with.

IMPORTANT:
    This game is CLOSED COMMS. Most of my games have them open, but this one is going to be an exception.

ORDER OF ROLES
    Ties between factions are solved by my dart board.
    Mayor
    Roleblocks
    Governor
    Investigations
    Saves
    Bodyguards
    Mafia/Vigil/SK
    Cleric

The Schizo's place in the order is determined by what happens. Saves and roleblocks go in the samespot on the board, while kills go with the Mafia/vigil/sk kill.

How to Win

* The villagers win when all mafia and independents are dead.
    * The mafia win when they outnumber the villagers and independents.
    * The independents win when they are the last ones standing.
    * Note: If all the mafia are dead, the village still has to get rid of the independents. From experience I've learned that killing off all the villagers while still outnumber the mafia is not an easy thing to do.

Round Specific Details:

There are four factions. Three really, but one counts as two.

Superheroes, supervillains, X-men, and Magneto.

Superheroes are village, and the villains mafia. X-men are technically independents. They will start the game not knowing who the others are, and they have to find each other. Each X-man can target someone each night. If it's another X-man (not Magneto or Xavier), they can then communicate. Xavier and Magneto need to find the other X-men. If they do, they recruit them. Xavier and Magneto are trying to assemble the whole team. They CAN steal members from each other, but once the team is assembled for one side or the other, it's over. If Xavier succeeds in it, Magneto is killed and vice versa. Xavier's X-men are looking for a town win. Magneto's X-men want their own independent win.

Roles are open to everyone's knowledge, but powers are NOT be divulged in the opening post. You will get your role, and I'll tell you what it does and that's it. However, each villain has a superhero counterpart. Those superheroes are not given powers yet. They must find and kill the villain to get their powers. They may target one person a night. If it's the villain, the villain dies and they get their power. However, if the villain targets THEM, the hero dies and gets the superheroes power on top of the power they already have.

X-men will be recruited at the time of, NOT during KP. That means they can change alleigance twice in the same day. The X-men get powers if they assemble. Until then, they are simply trying to find each other.

Village is quite small, but that's because at the beginning of the round, and unless assembled by Magneto, the X-men (excluding Magneto) count as village.

This is extremely experimental and meant to be fun, so bear with me if it gets complicated.
    Last edited by Valynor; 04-15-2015 at 03:04 AM.

Roles:

Superheroes:

Captain America
    Iron Man
    Spider-man
    Daredevil
    Hulk

Super villains:
    Red Skull
    Doctor Octopus
    Mandarin

X-men:
    Professor Xavier
    Wolverine
    Storm
    Jean Grey

Magneto

Player List (2/13):

Burninator - Spider-Man
    Scarecrow - Red Skull
    Vpindian - Iron Man
    Rokchick - Mandarin
    Gotmilk- Wolverine
    Vinit - Doctor Octopus
    Seba- Jean Grey
    Mbstokem - Magneto
    Conundrum - Daredevil
    Cheddar - Storm
    FA Slippery
    Jason - Unknown
    Wildfire

KP 1

KP 2

KP 3

KP 4

KP 5

Town Victory
    Last edited by Valynor; 04-16-2015 at 12:18 AM.

This round has officially begun. Everyone has their roles. If you don't have a role, it's because you had no space in your inbox. Clear some out and shoot me a message and I'll send it to you.
    Last edited by Valynor; 04-07-2015 at 03:07 AM.

Can haz player list?

Done. Knew I was forgetting something.

Vote: Conun
    Greedo.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonothan Crane
    Patients suffering delusional episodes often focus their paranoia on an external tormentor. Usually one conforming to Jungian archetypes. In this case, a scarecrow.

The rule against haunting makes me think people are going to be coming back from the dead which would fit with the whole superhero thing.

I could only see Wolverine or Jean/Phoenix as viable candidates for such. Doubt it is a mechanic though. Copy pasta from prior Valy rounds.

Patients suffering delusional episodes often focus their paranoia on an external tormentor. Usually one conforming to Jungian archetypes. In this case, a scarecrow.

I'll change this in the official rules in a bit, but this game is CLOSED COMMS. Unless your role allows.

Vote: Scarecrow
    Reason: Hairy animal monster

Yeah, I don't think the no haunt rule is unique to this round.
    Live Life, Love Others.

Quote Originally Posted by DeLink View Post
    Cheddar is one of the popular, energetic guys.
    "A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult." - Proverbs 12:16

"Comparison is the thief of joy." - Theodore Roosevelt

Dethy Analysis Helper

EBWOP: Also..
    Vote: Scarecrow
    Reason: Jabba approves.
    Live Life, Love Others.

"A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult." - Proverbs 12:16

Dethy Analysis Helper

Question about the xavier/magneto mechanic: If either of them is lynched/killed before they find all the xmen would all the xmen just convert to the other side or would they still need to be found?

Still bitter about last round

-32 degrees latitude, free, safe and warm

Vote: Burn

Cos I can.

I've read the rules n stuff 3 times, and I'm still sure I will make some wrong assumptions at some stage. I remember watching an X-men movie (maybe 2 of them), and the goodie/baddie thing seemed much clearer!
    I'm glad I'm not judgemental like all you smug, superficial idiots

Quote Originally Posted by vpindian91 View Post
    Question about the xavier/magneto mechanic: If either of them is lynched/killed before they find all the xmen would all the xmen just convert to the other side or would they still need to be found?

Still bitter about last round
    While assembling the team, they each have some extra protections. However, should one die, the search goes on. Should both die, X-men become independent and have no wincon.

Edit: As an aside, no matter what, even if Magneto assembles the X-men, they still count as assets to the village for game play purposes. Reason being, town is very small by themselves. Without the x-men, it would be an almost impossible game. So for Xaviers team and independent, they are essentially town assets. For Magneto's team, mafia has to eliminate town AND the X-men. Which means two things. One, it's in the mafia's best interests to find the X-men first, but it ALSO means that for every x-man that is killed, it becomes less difficult to assemble the rest. So it's a double-edged sword for the mafia.
    Last edited by Valynor; 04-07-2015 at 06:08 AM.

This should be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by SMod Gotmilk View Post
    The rule against haunting makes me think people are going to be coming back from the dead which would fit with the whole superhero thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    I could only see Wolverine or Jean/Phoenix as viable candidates for such. Doubt it is a mechanic though. Copy pasta from prior Valy rounds.
    This. I'm too lazy to write up entirely new rules every single round. However, don't be surprised if comic book-esque twists happen....

Quote Originally Posted by Valynor View Post
    This. I'm too lazy to write up entirely new rules every single round. However, don't be surprised if comic book-esque twists happen....
    So, like, the Avengers assembling given all but Daredevil on the town side are or become members at some stage?

Reading the round rules over again, there's a bunch of stuff that I'm curious about.

First, I'm seeing two heroes who canonically don't have villain pairings. Unless we're counting when Daredevil faced off against Doc Oc. But then again so did the Hulk, Captain America, and Iron Man so maybe special battles don't count. These special cases that are caused by Marvel's vast shared universe would definitely throw a wrench into the simple hero-villain pairing if we're applying them here. So ruling that out (even though it's still a remote possibility) do the Hulk and Daredevil get random pairings? Or perhaps they aren't paired at all and already have their powers? If they don't have pairings then do the villains still get their powers by killing them?

Does a hero get his powers if their villain is killed by a lynch?

And I'm curious to see how the Magneto/Xavier mechanic plays out because there so many ways it could play out due to the fact that recruiting can be done any time during the day.
    Live Life, Love Others.

Dethy Analysis Helper

Quote Originally Posted by cheddar View Post
    Reading the round rules over again, there's a bunch of stuff that I'm curious about.

First, I'm seeing two heroes who canonically don't have villain pairings. Unless we're counting when Daredevil faced off against Doc Oc. But then again so did the Hulk, Captain America, and Iron Man so maybe special battles don't count. These special cases that are caused by Marvel's vast shared universe would definitely throw a wrench into the simple hero-villain pairing if we're applying them here. So ruling that out (even though it's still a remote possibility) do the Hulk and Daredevil get random pairings? Or perhaps they aren't paired at all and already have their powers? If they don't have pairings then do the villains still get their powers by killing them?

Does a hero get his powers if their villain is killed by a lynch?

And I'm curious to see how the Magneto/Xavier mechanic plays out because there so many ways it could play out due to the fact that recruiting can be done any time during the day.
    Daredevil and the Hulk do not have pairings. Thats just because of the natural discrepancy between mafia and village numbers. Mafia have to target their opposed hero. Heroes can get their powers from their villains death no matter how it happens, but the power will be lesser. Also keep in mind, they can still only recruit once per day. Fun fact, I always hand pick roles for people too rather than using random.org.
    Last edited by Valynor; 04-07-2015 at 12:10 PM.

Vote: no lynch

*looks suspiciously at the train forming in Conun... I know, last round and all, but still*

vote: No lynch.

Senior Community Moderator SMOD polkadot's Avatar

I like the Fun Fact...I had a suspicion too...means you know your player base well, Valynor. I did that for my doggy round too. I did use random...but then I switched some people around.

And I will now close my polka-dotted mouth and leave you guys be.

Given the fact that Town does not have a lot of members I was wondering if we'd like to kill someone off just to have a bit more idea Night 2. Now that I look at it again, I guess no. The specials work much better in this case than lynches.

Unvote.

Vote: No Lynch

Question for the host: If we lynch [a supervillian] or [superhero (by accident)], does their counterpart obtain their powers?

OR

Does lynching the counterpart to, say, Hulk, mean that Hulk can never get his powers since he never targeted/killed his counterpart?

Quote Originally Posted by Valynor View Post
    Daredevil and the Hulk do not have pairings. Thats just because of the natural discrepancy between mafia and village numbers. Mafia have to target their opposed hero. Heroes can get their powers from their villains death no matter how it happens, but the power will be lesser. Also keep in mind, they can still only recruit once per day. Fun fact, I always hand pick roles for people too rather than using random.org.
    Burn he already answered that

Burn he already answered that
    #whatIGetForNoTReadingOPInFull

I should wait until I have time for this to post again.

vote: No Lynch
    US1 - R8: Seba18 - TMH
    US1 - R9: Easy Faked Oven - RIP (http://travian-reports.net/us/report/284151238bd/http://travian-reports.net/us/report/293427537bc)
    US19 - R1: Seba18 (win)

Unvote:vote No lynch

Vote: No lynch

Such an interesting discussion we've had today

typical of day one though

unvote:vote no lynch

Vote:No lynch
    Lots of interesting rules this round should be fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelman View Post
    If I don't attack any WWs, can I take credit for the win?

Trick question, of course I can. After all, here in the forum no rules apply. Folks just declare themselves the winner. Easier. No unpleasant bending.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokchick View Post
    Pap is trying to do a wildfire with weird.

Such an interesting discussion we've had today
    I herd GM likes butts.

I heard he cannot lie.

I heard us other brothers can't deny.

Quote Originally Posted by The Burninator View Post
    I herd GM likes butts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    I heard he cannot lie.
    These two things may in fact be related

BUTT you lot lie and besides (or is that behinds) I can't find a marvel with a big ***.
    does he like me now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Burninator View Post
    I herd GM likes butts.
    Can confirm

And.... I think I'll stop clue hunting now, and let someone else point them out for me this round Hint: I will need them to be pointed out, even if they are marvelous. Yeah....