Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Personal wars

Default Personal wars

They can be fun to have, keeps your skills sharp even as they damage or ruin your game.

I am frugal with gold, not cheap, frugal. I can spend when the need arises, but hate to waste by impatience or laziness. So I settled my second village n the boons, a 125% 9C, within 8 squares of 2 125% 15Cs, a sweet spot. I could have taken either of the 15C but as I said, I am frugal and it means a lot of NPC.

Three days later, someone from the biggest alliance took the 15C 5 squares away. In a normal Travian world it usually means war. So I prepared, they did not, not even communicating with me for 3 weeks, only doing it after my cats spoke. Alas, they spoke too soon and could not demolish the village. Since then it has been mostly guerrilla warfare (in my part), out-attacking, out-defending, and out-robbing them.

Of course the purpose of the game is to build a World Wonder, and I am also preparing to help doing that, but a small war can break the monotony of simming to artifacts. Other morale from the story, if you settle within 8 or even 13 squares of another player in the boonies, be prepare for war, you declared it.

LOL....war in the boonies!

Ok I don't even know where to start here.... this is gold taking it to the forums bud.

Three days later, someone from the biggest alliance took the 15C 5 squares away.
    A. I settled from the SE to the NW .... you know this, everyone you've complained to about this knows this. When I sent you weren't there.
    not even communicating with me for 3 weeks
    B. You are a small roman with a 9c settled as second village. I assumed you were a noob.

So I prepared, they did not,
    C. You made 800 imps and 80 cats.... that's prepared to take me out?

Since then it has been mostly guerrilla warfare (in my part), out-attacking, out-defending, and out-robbing them.
    D. You send daily on me.... I've sent 3 times on you and one of those was a 48 hour attack to kill my spawn hammer ....

E. My ally had asked me not to take you out as you could be a player of value, yet you can't stop and see the big picture that a tuet rammer and a roman catter could own everyone when working together.... instead in our peace talks you demand i either give up a 50% oasis to you so you get a 150% 9c (or we could both have 125%), or that I straight up delete giving you a "win" or however you see it.

F. End of the day bud here is the run down. You have a 125% 9c with 0% bonus atm .... i have a 125% 15c with 100% bonus, You raid my oasis as your income.... and every now and again you seem to forget about the cost of your troops compared to me I get that right now you see yourself as winning as you send cats at my 68 pop village..... I hope you realize what's coming

Appears to be a little skirmish, not really a war.
    I also see you moved further out into the boonies. Why?
    Its hard to supply a WW from that far out in the boonies.

I think if the Goat gets serious your capital will disappear. Who know though, you may be the best player in all of Travian.
    After all, you built cats while Goat built resources production to maximize cat production. Personally I don't think you should anger Goat.

Just my opinion, I could be wrong.
    Last edited by Alaskan Rider; 04-12-2015 at 05:48 AM.
    Long Rider in game

When I'm dead it won't matter anymore.
    For now I'll have another beer.

My purpose, as I told you and your leaders, was not to win, but either negotiate or I would fight a war of attrition knowing I had no chance of "winning" against 2 top alliances. I sent messages to that effect for 2 weeks, only to have you respond with taunts. I had planned to join IMPS since the start as the most promising alliance in the Quad, if I had, and if IMPS was a normal alliance, they would have asked you to remove the cropper and maybe that I compensate you. Your lack of consideration stopped that plan.

As just trying to kill your spawn hammer, let me laugh, you were top raider the weeks before when you had it. You gave my friends and me good hero XP at little cost to us. I posted the report of that splat in the BR reports. Not a huge hammer, but great loss that early.

Peace negotiations, another laugh, you started by telling me that you could never really trust having a Roman so close to your Capital. Then you offered nothing, saying to take the stealing of my cropper and its oases in stride, that you have a big alliance behind you.

At the end of the day your alliance loses twice, once in my not being a member, as I think I have proven so far to be a good player, and second with what I already cost it and will cost in the future. You are welcome to attack me anytime, my village are built on that premise. Keep in touch.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskan Rider View Post
    Appears to be a little skirmish, not really a war.
    Check the battle report I posted in the BR thread.

I also see you moved further out into the boonies. Why?
    Its hard to supply a WW from that far out in the boonies.
    "restarting" late forced my hand. There is still plenty of time to develop enough to help.

I think if the Goat gets serious your capital will disappear. Who know though, you may be the best player in all of Travian.
    I have no doubt about that, I can only slow him down, I already raided between 200 and 300K of resources from him (some so-called veterans do not even know how to "cranny up, spend down, ship,"), killed more than 1000 defense, and splat his spawn hammer. If he takes too long to destroy my capital, I will have to do it myself. Not the best player by far, but good.

After all, you built cats while Goat built resources production to maximize cat production. Personally I don't think you should anger Goat.
    Cats are what makes the difference early in the game. I made a typical mistake, I jumped the gun, and attacked with the RP only at 15 and 40 cats too short. Not that many cats are necessary to take an artifact so I do not get the maximizing them early, unless building a EGH.

Just my opinion, I could be wrong.
    On that we agree, I could be wrong too.

spawn (SE); Cap (NW) ..... I don't think anyone needs to hear anything moar about that subject of splatting
    you were top raider the weeks before
    You think that was all from the spawn?
    Unlike you I raid inactives, and natars even from the boonies

Then you offered nothing
    We offered you a spot in the alliance, peace, and a friendship .... you spit in our face and made obscene demands. You had talked with our leaders before about sharing, they brought me into peace talk, you showed up late, then changed your mind ....
    To be honest your whole "game" is obsessing over me; while on my side ... your just a speed bump before end game

Luv as always
    Goat

Quote Originally Posted by Dude the Goat View Post
    spawn (SE); Cap (NW) ..... I don't think anyone needs to hear anything moar about that subject of splatting
    Nah, anyone can see the report and judge for themselves.

You think that was all from the spawn?
    Unlike you I raid inactives, and natars even from the boonies
    Try bluffing someone else, remember I scout your villages at will and know how much troops you had. Of course you raid now also from the boonies, I killed your spawn hammer...at least a day trip.

We offered you a spot in the alliance, peace, and a friendship .... you spit in our face and made obscene demands. You had talked with our leaders before about sharing, they brought me into peace talk, you showed up late, then changed your mind ....
    Never changed my mind, told your leader that it was a last try, that I knew you were arrogant and would not see nor care about the harm you were doing to your alliance, on purpose I asked for one of my oases back to judge your sincerity, as I knew you had chiefs and had told me earlier that you would take my 15C and my 9C.

To be honest your whole "game" is obsessing over me
    You're the one who stalked my area...I am the one leaving the area...you are not very good at trolling either

while on my side ... your just a speed bump before end game
    See, that it is another problem with players like you, not only entitled to take any spot they want, not caring about noobs, as you thought I was, then bullying those "noobs" and forcing them to delete as you boasted you did. You do not realize that by doing that, you are best lose a farm, and at worse, the game loses a new player that we should have mentored to learn how to survive bullies and the early game.

Luv as always
    Goat
    Have a nice day

It is travian's responsibility to grow players, not the Goat's. He just wants your stuff. Mini-wars are part of the game too.

I wait eagerly for his rebuttal though. Great stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by jopa View Post
    He just wants your stuff.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvgN5gCuLac

People tell me there is a distinction between newbie and n00b.

A newbie is a new player. If a newbie is active and wants to learn. This server has shown that it is eager to embrace them.

A n00b thinks that they are important enough that some nonsense etiquette must be followed while settling croppers around them, even if they cannot do anything about it, and that the #1 alliance cares about their cropper dispute.

Bringing that here is over the top, and we should coin a new word for it.

Quote Originally Posted by bugzy View Post
    And if you are Goat...you make the distinction a priori...based on? Travian name???

A newbie is a new player. If a newbie is active and wants to learn. This server has shown that it is eager to embrace them.
    This is why your troll in incomprehensible to me. You seemed to care about teaching new players how to survive, grow, and make valuable recruits in future servers. Goat just milks them until they delete and boasts about it. If a newbie cannot follow simple directions, such as cranny up, then I agree, they are n00bs. Giant seems a n00b by that account. Did not have crannies, RP was at 1, bled resources daily for a week. I know that my attacks were pinpricks looking at the big picture, but I bet they showed well in the alliance battle reports.

A n00b thinks that they are important enough that some nonsense etiquette must be followed while settling croppers around them, even if they cannot do anything about it, and that the #1 alliance cares about their cropper dispute.
    The nice trolling part, point taken

Sure, not as fun as talking about Flossie, Kimmie, or whoever tickles the fancy, but at least my post is about something that is happening in the server now...but I know that as a member of TA you are just doing your job and supporting your ally IMPS...want to talk about hugging early

Ultimately, if my post is so over the top, it will scroll down to oblivion rapidly...until then, it is fun too.

Quote Originally Posted by Seauton View Post
    ...but I know that as a member of TA you are just doing your job and supporting your ally IMPS...want to talk about hugging early
    Oh now you have my attention. Please enlighten me as to what TA's about, what my job is, and how we are allied with IMPs. Unfortunately there seems to be a shortage of popcorn.

Oh now you have my attention. Please enlighten me as to what TA's about, what my job is, and how we are allied with IMPs. Unfortunately there seems to be a shortage of popcorn.
    TA is all about two things, huggling every team while simultaneously splatting on every team. Generally it sounds like an easy concept, but some players just don't seem to get it.

Your job is listed on the alliance profile: You're the splat coordinator. You make sure we fulfill our weekly quota of splats. I heard the easiest way to do this was to throw a spawn hammer at someone in the boonies. It doesn't seem like a splat to me or you I know, but apparently it's the next big thing. Who would've thought?

How we are allied with IMPS is an easy one. We huggle everyone! Remember?

This has been an informative post to jog Bugzy's memory as it continues to get older.
    Calling out weak trolling since December 2012

S1 R6 - Caesarum R7 - Carni R8 - Phantom
    S2 R8 - Storeythor
    S4 R8 - Carni
    S5 R5 - Blackbird R7 - BBC
    S8 R2 - Eazykills
    S19 R1 - Seba18

I already raided between 200 and 300K of resources from him
    Whoa Whoa Whoa, let's exaggerate some moar.... and i don't think anyone is impressed by oasis raiders? I dunno maybe ppl like that kinda stuff now....
    killed more than 1000 defense
    You killed 400 phallax and some DR from a dude that is deleting and some of mah spears.... again you keep forgetting about what you lose and what it costs you...
    40 cats too short
    Have you ever zero'd someone before.... you need a bit more than 100 cats bud ....
    then bullying those "noobs"
    LOL again here you go talking about things you don't know anything about.... I've never bullied a noob.... i bully people who multi accounts, and ppl who attack me .... you threw the first stone and are now crying over it ... I feel no sympathy for you, to my knowledge no one feels bad for you
    If he takes too long to destroy my capital, I will have to do it myself.
    please do, but it's hard to cat a village.... from the same village .... maybe i'll help you
    I asked for one of my oases back to judge your sincerity
    ... you keep talking about whats best for the alliance, and end game, and blah blah blah ... yet you are in a solo alliance, your scattered in all quads, and you really think that a 150% 9c is best over a 100% 15c? Like I see right through your Napoleon complex... go jack up your truck and buy some balls hanging from your hitch if you feel bad about your tiny member
    Last edited by Dude the Goat; 04-12-2015 at 03:56 PM.

Your definition seems sound. I was once a newbie but have grown into a NOOB. After all these years I truly believe I am self important while all around me barely acknowledge my existence.
    Long Rider in game

When I'm dead it won't matter anymore.
    For now I'll have another beer.

Whoa Whoa Whoa, let's exaggerate some moar.... and i don't think anyone is impressed by oasis raiders? I dunno maybe ppl like that kinda stuff now....
    120K the first night I started milking the oases alone...but resources was not the purpose...just pinpricks to get you mad and launch your spawn hammer.

You killed 400 phallax and some DR from a dude that is deleting and some of mah spears.... again you keep forgetting about what you lose and what it costs you...
    My hero gained a level on your hammer (as well as 6 other heroes) and gained 2 levels on the dude who was deleting. If more dudes delete, please let me know. As for costs...I always scout and plug the results in the travian battle simulator. I always look for the best combo to inflict about 3 times the cost as my cost, but I know that in the long run I cannot compete on resources, so notice most of my villages are elsewhere now.

Have you ever zero'd someone before.... you need a bit more than 100 cats bud ....
    No, first time I try. I usually plan large operations with multiple players, this is why it is not bothering me, I am learning too.

LOL again here you go......no one feels bad for you
    snipped the crying

please do, but it's hard to cat a village.... from the same village .... maybe i'll help you
    ... you keep talking about whats best for the alliance, and end game, and blah blah blah ... yet you are in a solo alliance, your scattered in all quads, and you really think that a 150% 9c is best over a 100% 15c? Like I see right through your Napoleon complex... go jack up your truck and buy some balls hanging from your hitch if you feel bad about your tiny member
    some more crying and n00b attempt at trolling..."tiny member"...

When do we find out whether or not Goat is the father? Or is the storyline the cheating boyfriend?
    My only concern is this thread will eventually reach a resolution. Great stuff guys! Spring is the best season to air dirty laundry.

travian battle simulator.
    No one needs say more. Proof positive.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurtz View Post
    No one needs say more. Proof positive.
    Extended Combat Simulator 2.0RC, and it is usually on the nose

Omg.....I'm learning so much in this thread!!! Or I could have just forgotten everything I once knew. I will say, y'all keep misspelling it. It's BOOBS, not NOOBS. Sigh. Please don't stop! I want moar!

There is proof, you lost what you illegibly raided from me .... and smacked those phallax real good
    Last edited by Mod Cré Spéir; 04-12-2015 at 07:11 PM. Reason: Removed non-anonimized battle report

There is proof, you lost what you illegibly raided from me .... and smacked those phallax real good
    ...lost half what you did...and hero gained a level...your point?

Someone should teach the n00b how to anonymize reports...just saying...
    Last edited by Seauton; 04-12-2015 at 05:19 PM. Reason: removed link

...lost half what you did...and hero gained a level...your point?

Someone should teach the n00b how to anonymize reports...just saying...
    Uhhhh ... you lost 132,660 from the troops dead .... i lost 50,860 .... that's half in your mind? If you need help with your math homework I probably have time later tonight bud

Extended Combat Simulator 2.0RC, and it is usually on the nose
    That's not what you said.

Uhhhh ... you lost 132,660 from the troops dead .... i lost 50,860 .... that's half in your mind? If you need help with your math homework I probably have time later tonight bud
    I think he is also counting those phals into your losses, ya know they are your phals that you made as a Teut.
    Last edited by Mod Cré Spéir; 04-12-2015 at 07:39 PM. Reason: Mentioning cheating or bans is not allowed.
    Calling out weak trolling since December 2012

S1 R6 - Caesarum R7 - Carni R8 - Phantom
    S2 R8 - Storeythor
    S4 R8 - Carni
    S5 R5 - Blackbird R7 - BBC
    S8 R2 - Eazykills
    S19 R1 - Seba18

Quote Originally Posted by Kurtz View Post
    That's not what you said.

I always scout and plug the results in the travian battle simulator.
    I did not mention which Travian simulator I used, first, not knowing the rules about posting links beside youtube, and second, I thought it would be obvious...my mistake...now maybe you could give me my rep back

Quote Originally Posted by Carni View Post
    I think he is also counting those phals into your losses, ya know they are your phals that you made as a Teut.
    The cost to his alliance, I am not just looking at one account...glad you are back, wrote to you in the game but someone else said you were away.

Edit: It was pointed out to me that it is bad form to talk about someone's rep on the forum and I apologize and edit my post as such.

Goat has a very low ratio of action versus reputation in the game. He speaks loud but carries a tiny stick so far, not impressed. He could have killed my scout hammer anytime by following it home for example, good XP for him. Now he says that he will wait until after arties to make his move...let me LOL...what's next...wait until the WW...sorry bud, not waiting.
    Last edited by Mod Cré Spéir; 04-12-2015 at 07:40 PM.

It's not because we're tagged TA. It's not because we like Goat.
    This is the second time you've given us a reason to post our opinion other than...well, we have opinions.

Everyone that's cleared their area so far has had to deal with at least one of you, arguing these same arguments before they go quiet and become farms.

It's not because we're tagged TA. It's not because we like Goat
    It's both

Everyone that's cleared their area so far has had to deal with at least one of you, arguing these same arguments before they go quiet and become farms.
    I am not the one boasting.

It's both
    Thinking that I would say something because I am in TA shows a complete lack of understanding of what TA is.

Thinking that I would say something because I am in TA shows a complete lack of understanding of what TA is.
    If I am wrong I apologize, I based my comment on what I hear from IMPS players...and so many (edit: in TA) loving the goat

Edit 2: in fact I was contemplating of joining TA before hearing that they supported IMPS, this is why I wrote Carni, and was not asking for help or anything, just hello. You guys are doing what I tried to do in another server but had to abandon not having enough support and I wish you the best of luck doing it.
    Last edited by Seauton; 04-12-2015 at 06:25 PM.

It's not because we're tagged TA. It's not because we like Goat.
    This is the second time you've given us a reason to post our opinion other than...well, we have opinions.
    Whiny isn't he?

I figured I'd just skip to the end instead of quoting all of the stupidity in this thread.....

The official statement from ÆP can be taken from our goat.

-Edit-

Apparently we are so great at propaganda this guy started catting himself....
    Last edited by RycorAbsinthe; 04-12-2015 at 09:50 PM.
    Something about how I am

I plan on having a personal war with the owner of that Brosus account....

I wonder who that could be
    Something about how I am

It's both

I am not the one boasting.
    For the record, TA is about geriatric care and changing roles. We forget who does what, and if you say something in chat, and later while having a spell of dementia, your role will be changed whether you want it to or not. Generally we can't remember why we have the role in the first place.

Also...Goat is an old player that we've known and dealt with.

Wait....how old ARE you Goat? Maybe you're in the wrong alliance!!

Also...FYI double posting kills kittens. It's bad enough Kurtz always wants to eat them. There is an edit button at the bottom of the post where you can reopen your post, correct or add to it. Just wanted to let you know since I'm an old cat lady.
    Last edited by Cisalpine; 04-13-2015 at 12:50 AM.

Update on the situation:

After someone warned him that it was stupid to continue destroying my 15C, they wised up and stopped. Too bad as I intended (and they did too) for them to chief it as it was 80 cats away from zero pop. I could only milk from that village 500 wheat an hour, having all the wheat fields stuck on level 4. They did not take the bait when I renamed the village "Cat me if you can", so I renamed it "Taking you too long" and did the job myself. I needed to lower my exposure while they are giving me more targets.
    Last edited by Seauton; 04-13-2015 at 01:43 AM. Reason: grammar

Quote Originally Posted by Cisalpine View Post
    It's bad enough Kurtz always wants to eat them.
    Just their noses!