Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Brief Alliance Overview

MGD was the big-bad alliance in the NE, if memory serves me correctly.

PRiKs was on that server, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerzi View Post
    That was the round before I took over, but I do recall having NAPs in place with both of those alliances. I also remember that a few from each joined KoN the next round. The entire server was essentially concentrating on stopping RATAN and PACK, and none of us had the ability to do so if we were also fighting each other.
    exactly. That was a busy fun server. No simming, just battle after battle.

NAPs with WTF? and NVF ???

Quote Originally Posted by uwants View Post

NAPs with WTF? and NVF ???
    They just need a buddy in the SE and they'll be golden!

They offered a NAP with my alliance without messaging us at all.
    Hai, I'm Jarwa

Many achievements. 10+ year player.

Best achievements:
    #1 attacker - s5r3 Constellation
    #3 Attacker, builder of 3 EGH's, leader, and WW winner of s3r8 - Jarwa / TL;DR

has NAPs with every one and are afraid of KT.

is weak and lacks leadership.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bane View Post
    _______(server 3)_________ is weak and lacks leadership.
    ftfy

Also, need moar rams.
    us5r1: Justinian (BS)
    us7r1: Domitian (CM-BS)
    us5r2: Justinian (KoN-FUSE) *win
    us4r3: Trajan (RC) *win
    us5r3: Justinian (KoN) *win
    us2r4: Buzz Lightyear (PD) *WW
    us5r4: Justinian (KoN) *win
    us5r5: Justinian (Bacon)
    us3r7: ??? (TL;DR) *win, #1 account
    us19: Atom Ant (H&V) *win

Quote Originally Posted by Hermes View Post
    MGD was the big-bad alliance in the NE, if memory serves me correctly.

PRiKs was on that server, too.
    If you are talking about S5r1 it was NEC and I was a member.. a very very newbie member. NEC was a hodgepodge of folks actually. Apparently they split with the folks who formed =V=. We did alright I think for a very smallish group. Teutobod, CFG, it's Hometown, Pew, KadDargo amongst others. Ahhhh Priks. lol, my first Ally whom I left to join NEC because Mary? was such a control freak.

Memory's letters from the wall are still some of the best Travian fiction I've read. Besides sPaRkLeZ nonsense of course.
    S5r1-Mike Honcho S1r3-Mike Honcho s5r4-retch a sketch S1r5-snoozle (Go NATARS!) S6r3-Onomatopoeia USXr13-Karate Monkey USXr14-Hobbes USXr15 CDC USXr16-Cheekygurrl S1r7-Nub s5r7-eeyore usxr21-Austin Powers us3r? ONO

Quote Originally Posted by Honcho View Post
    If you are talking about S5r1 it was NEC and I was a member.. a very very newbie member. NEC was a hodgepodge of folks actually. Apparently they split with the folks who formed =V=. We did alright I think for a very smallish group. Teutobod, CFG, it's Hometown, Pew, KadDargo amongst others. Ahhhh Priks. lol, my first Ally whom I left to join NEC because Mary? was such a control freak.

Memory's letters from the wall are still some of the best Travian fiction I've read. Besides sPaRkLeZ nonsense of course.
    Soooo much in this small post that I had forgotten. I remember Mem, and Teutobod. And I had completely forgotten about NEC until tonight.

And Priks. Ahhhh Priks is right. Oh my god, I miss Sweet Annie.
    Leader of KoN (S5), TLDRDTX (S3), CIN and PaN (2016 tournie)
    NI!

Soooo much in this small post that I had forgotten.
    I miss the Blowtorch Squad....and the largest player on the server (for a while) being sitter-run.....and =V=.....and tonydaman.....and PriKs being extremely mischievous...and me being a n00b impressed by the "giant" player near me who had (gasp) 10 villages. And having 173 different spies in KoN. And that little weasel hermit in KoN killing all my beautiful EIs!

(stomps off in a pointless rage)

Quote Originally Posted by Justinian1 View Post
    I miss the Blowtorch Squad....and the largest player on the server (for a while) being sitter-run.....and =V=.....and tonydaman.....and PriKs being extremely mischievous...and me being a n00b impressed by the "giant" player near me who had (gasp) 10 villages. And having 173 different spies in KoN. And that little weasel hermit in KoN killing all my beautiful EIs!

(stomps off in a pointless rage)
    I dualed with my dad that round.... I was 12......
    Hai, I'm Jarwa

Best achievements:

I remember being in HOM (Haven of Might) and working to undermine KoN clear up until we ended up joining them, and even then it took us a while to drop plans of rebellion at a later point from the inside out. The end of that round was also one of the first major shifts in leadership of KoN as well.
    Last edited by Protista; 05-14-2015 at 06:18 PM.
    us5r1: Protista
    us5r2: Protista
    us5r3: Protista
    us5r4: Dr. Protista

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    I dualed with my dad that round.... I was 12......
    So you're like twenty now? Funny how times change.

2008 I was working night shift trying to keep my college buddies (all farms) alive on US2.
    2009 I was on a killing spree across two servers and catted something like 40 or 50 accounts.
    2015 I'm just quietly simming in anonymity.

Quote Originally Posted by Protista View Post
    I remember being in HOM (Haven of Might) and working to undermine KoN clear up until we ended up joining them
    BS was doing the same thing, but we never came around to joining. We finally made an NAP during the end of endgame with some n00b leader in KoN, their freshly-promoted Kerzi, who was pretty damn sure Justinian was just another dirty lying weasel. And she was right.

BS was doing the same thing, but we never came around to joining. We finally made an NAP during the end of endgame with some n00b leader in KoN, their freshly-promoted Kerzi, who was pretty damn sure Justinian was just another dirty lying weasel. And she was right.
    We ended up getting to a sort of do or die position, I had a hammer in the boonies that was originally going to be used against KoN but ended up being GW hit later on. Had I not made that transition though I suspect that would have been it for me and Travian. All sorts of things I would have never experienced and people I would have never met, kind of crazy really.
    us5r1: Protista
    us5r2: Protista
    us5r3: Protista
    us5r4: Dr. Protista

So you're like twenty now? Funny how times change.
    Yep, I just turned 21 this year.
    Hai, I'm Jarwa

Best achievements:

I miss the Blowtorch Squad.
    My first ever alliance! And the reason I joined KoN to begin with. That alliance was being hammered by KoN. I was a noob, but I knew we weren't strong enough to last. I was the largest player in BS, so I applied to KoN. My hope was that I could protect my friends from the inside of the beast. So yeah...Wolfman and Blackhatter were the reasons I joined to begin with. I couldn't stand seeing Happy and Haaviskhan kicking their *** every day.

Ah, but you did come around eventually. Muahahaha ha ha. ha. (see Bane? I've been practising my evil laugh)

Quote Originally Posted by Protista View Post
    Had I not made that transition though I suspect that would have been it for me and Travian. All sorts of things I would have never experienced and people I would have never met, kind of crazy really.
    Had you not made the transition, I would not have taken the leader position when it was dumped in my lap. You're the one who encouraged me, you're the one who met my lengthy list of objections point for point, and you're the one who swore that if I did it, you would always be there for me.

And here you are. You kept your promise. There would have been no KoN as we knew it without you

I'm kinda loving this trip down memory lane. If anyone other than current S3 players who happened to play S5 in the past would like to actually show up and pull the discussion back to present and the boredom that is this server and forum, then please...be my guest.

Please.
    NI!

anyone other than current S3 players who happened to play S5 in the past would like to actually show up and pull the discussion back to present and the boredom that is this server and forum, then please...be my guest.
    I'm doing my best darling. You need to work you charm and get some alliance leaders to see the value here and bring thier members here.

Muahahaha ha ha. ha. (see Bane? I've been practising my evil laugh)
    Proud of you! Little know fact... my real life laugh is a booming evil genius laugh.

My first ever alliance! And the reason I joined KoN to begin with. That alliance was being hammered by KoN. I was a noob, but I knew we weren't strong enough to last. I was the largest player in BS, so I applied to KoN. My hope was that I could protect my friends from the inside of the beast. So yeah...Wolfman and Blackhatter were the reasons I joined to begin with. I couldn't stand seeing Happy and Haaviskhan kicking their *** every day
    This is half of how I ended up in Storm US2R2. I went to Storm to try to save my friends. I'd pay resources to the top raiders to lay off of them. The other half was I was betrayed by the zergers which lead to my radical shift in ideology.

@Hondo

NEC is it, yes. I had forgotten those names, too. I was such a noob on that server. I remember Shevy and silvrbelt of M-E.

But there was a big Gaul in NEC, that was so cool, and helped me learn the game a little. I am drawing a blank on his name, but he was a class guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermes View Post
    @Hondo

NEC is it, yes. I had forgotten those names, too. I was such a noob on that server. I remember Shevy and silvrbelt of M-E.
    Those two guys were great. All this talk of good alliances and players makes me realize I need to find a better alliance on this server!....who's in the NE quad?

It makes me sad to see how many people are settling 7c caps or 0% bonused croppers.

Looks like R is no more. The NW ones have gone to WTF/NVF and the NE have gone to EDGE or KT
    Hai, I'm Jarwa

Best achievements:

I think we all saw that coming...

I think we all saw that coming...
    We should start a pool. Who's next?

Because there WILL be a 'next'.
    NI!

Oooh Oooh Can I be next? No, wait, wrong forum.

(EDIT) Stupid fingers can't type.
    US3-R3: LordOChaos (SI-2) Rookie; US3-R4: fifi (the dual); US3-R5: LordOChaos (Demons)
    US3-R8: Questionable
    US2-R5: LordOChaos (BACON)
    COM3: A Dual
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    God forbid you used any of my advice (shiver) - that would be fatal!
    That's my secret, I am always angry. Bruce Banner

My money is on SaG. I hear there's some real egos in there. Only a matter of time before they start spiking each others farm.

LMAO just kidding.. you have to have troops to farm LOL... silly simmers.

My money is on SaG. I hear there's some real egos in there. Only a matter of time before they start spiking each others farm.

LMAO just kidding.. you have to have troops to farm LOL... silly simmers.

I may have to agree with you. SaG sucks, and the only thing they do well is sim and gloat about their supposed pure awesomeness.

Losers.
    NI!

I may have to agree with you. SaG sucks, and the only thing they do well is sim and gloat about their supposed pure awesomeness.

Losers.
    I hear they're losing a war.
    Hai, I'm Jarwa

Best achievements:

I hear they're losing a war.
    They are!

One. Mace. At. A. Time.

:P
    NI!

Awe... they took my idea... I was going to begin launching raids at Kerzi's cap.
    One. Lego. At. A. Time.

Awe... they took my idea... I was going to begin launching raids at Kerzi's cap.
    One. Lego. At. A. Time.
    DO IT!

There's an evil mace waiting patiently to be killed. His owner would be devastated if he were to die.

And THAT would make me laugh
    NI!

I'll see what Ican arrange mwahahaha

Is anyone going to comment on the Super mega snuggle going on.

KT, NX and Tarawa are in a huge snuggle covering the entire eastern quads. They are the only meta to have over 100 players and they top out at 267. What in the hell are they so scared of?

http://www.gettertools.com/ts3.travi...-Map/215905249
    Last edited by lethaljimmy; 05-19-2015 at 10:16 PM.
    US1:
    R4 Poopydiapers Rebels and Grassy
    R6 Lethal Jimmy: Ethos http://travian-reports.net/us/report/2303146e4a1
    R7 Julius Pleaser
    US2: R6 Churchill Downs: Bacon (dual) http://travian-reports.net/us/report/2354796f9e4 The rebuild http://travian-reports.net/us/report/2354849ce46
    US3: R8 Evolution http://travian-reports.net/us/report/223457ba7b3
    US6: R4 Snowflake - GAH EGR (wish I had saved the report)
    US7: R3 Lethaljimmy - ACME (EGH should have saved these ones too)

We've already commented on it and I'll tell you its no fun. No war, no farms, no nothing. They're just going to sit, sim, and hold hands into end game.

We've already commented on it and I'll tell you its no fun. No war, no farms, no nothing. They're just going to sit, sim, and hold hands into end game.
    Maybe if they look at the top ten raiders they might find out why they only have one in there. Also they could figure out how much this will effect their top accounts. Who knows, maybe they are just very very scared to play a war game. Either way, they will figure out sooner or later.
    US1:
    R7 Julius Pleaser
    US2: R6 Churchill Downs: Bacon (dual) http://travian-reports.net/us/report/2354796f9e4 The rebuild http://travian-reports.net/us/report/2354849ce46

Quote Originally Posted by lethaljimmy View Post
    Is anyone going to comment on the Super mega snuggle going on.

KT, NX and Tarawa are in a huge snuggle covering the entire eastern quads. They are the only meta to have over 100 players and they top out at 267. What in the hell are they so scared of?

http://www.gettertools.com/ts3.travi...-Map/215905249
    What if I told you that NX tried to recruit my alliance, Joe Cool? We're in the NW. In their recruitment message, they explicitly stated that alllll they wanted was numbers to win end-game. I wish I saved the message.
    Hai, I'm Jarwa

Best achievements:

What if I told you that NX tried to recruit my alliance, Joe Cool? We're in the NW. In their recruitment message, they explicitly stated that alllll they wanted was numbers to win end-game. I wish I saved the message.
    I am not so sure they are even paying attention. I know that one of their players was already catted off the server with ZERO alliance help. I also know they have a few red dots in there. Sowlid leadership I tellya.
    US1:
    R7 Julius Pleaser

Perhaps you should all step up and lead. Kerzi takes one quad, Jarwa takes another, and I take a third. Just like old times.

Subject:a message to my all holy member

an NAps with two allys

dear all,

at the early morning we are become an nap with WTF? and also
    NVF.
    so we will have an other letter from u all my member
    but in this letter

for the next 48 hours, if anyone acciedentall attacks an NAPPED member etc, they will be forgiven and no harm done...we will figure out how to make it nice‏.
    so this i want to say
    and have a nice day good luck all

your truly ,.

climba03003
    off general

Last message from the r off general

Quote Originally Posted by uwants View Post
    Subject:a message to my all holy member

an NAps with two allys

dear all,

at the early morning we are become an nap with WTF? and also
    NVF.
    so we will have an other letter from u all my member
    but in this letter

for the next 48 hours, if anyone acciedentall attacks an NAPPED member etc, they will be forgiven and no harm done...we will figure out how to make it nice‏.
    so this i want to say
    and have a nice day good luck all

your truly ,.

climba03003
    off general

Last message from the r off general
    R basically doesn't exist anymore. It's just LoM and IDC left in there, and I doubt they ever leave.
    Hai, I'm Jarwa

Best achievements:

Perhaps you should all step up and lead. Kerzi takes one quad, Jarwa takes another, and I take a third. Just like old times.
    I don't think I'm ready to go THAT far

However, IF I was in charge, the first thing I would do is to crush the cross-quad hand holding going on. I am assuming that their logic is 'numbers win'. Lethaljimmy is correct, though: the vast span of geography PLUS the number of sub-par accounts is going to prove more of a challenge than simply going at it with one quad's worth of decent accounts.

Keeping that many players is one thing. The BIG challenge, the one that will (in my opinion), lead to a defeat, is the sheer number of 'wings'. All of those wings have their own leadership. They were all alliances that were merged in, but their respective leaders were, for the most part, kept (correct me if I'm wrong, anyone-from-that-group). The BIGGEST threat to any alliance is not an enemy. It's internal drama. By taking in so many wings, and keeping as many 'from-different-team' leaders as they have, they have essentially created a breeding ground for egos to clash. Egos WITH a spot at the proverbial round table. Egos that will look out for their original group of players first before they pay heed to what the group as a whole requires to thrive. There's been no chance to create the 'common culture' needed for internal stability. Too many new leaders, all from different game-cultures themselves, thrown in at once means they will struggle mightily. Petty and power-trip arguments will outweigh the nitty-gritty decision making needed for success.

It's not as much of an issue now, I would guess. When artis pop, though, that's when **** is going to hit the fan. Who gets priority? When attacks start rolling in, how many are going to send defence cross quad to when asked to save a unique, when one of their original teammates next door has attacks on their feeder? How many are going to send resos to feed a defence stack a 20 hour merchant trip away, when those merchants are needed to push resos to grow a new village?

200 players is one thing. 200 players from 10 different teams, all doing their own thing and spread out to the point where any form of help is a over a day's walk? It's a recipe for internal disaster. They're better off cleanly cutting their ties now, before the mess that WILL come. And once that mess rears its ugly head, ALL of them can kiss their chance of winning goodbye.
    Last edited by Kerzi; 05-20-2015 at 03:00 PM. Reason: re-read before posting, you idiot
    NI!