Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Is the DPRK for real?

  1. #1
    Senator cheddar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    OSU
    Posts
    3,546

    Default Is the DPRK for real?

    North Korea Threatens South Korea
    North Korea Says It Will Use Nukes On U.S. If Forced
    "Obama's True Nuclear Test"

    Is there anyone else that thinks this powder keg has to explode sometime soon? Or will the DPRK's threats always be empty?

    I feel like there has to be some substance to these threats, but at the same time when no one in their right mind, not even China, would support you and it's unclear if you have the technology to reach anything other than South Korea, I don't understand what they would actually accomplish beyond the initial mayhem of the explosion. We would hit them back harder and that would almost certainly be the end of it.

    And honestly, I almost wish something would happen just so that we could stop hearing about nothing happening. The spin coming out of the press are tiring to hear.
    Live Life, Love Others.

    Quote Originally Posted by DeLink View Post
    Cheddar is one of the popular, energetic guys.
    "A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult." - Proverbs 12:16

    "Comparison is the thief of joy." - Theodore Roosevelt

    Dethy Analysis Helper

  2. #2

    Default

    I almost kinda wish something would escalate, so we could move in, take out the leadership, and start the long process of unbrainwashing the populace, and give the country back to South Korea. We're going to have to do it at some point or another. The only unfortunate thing is the massive amount of humanitarian and infrastructural aid we would need to give them after overthrowing the government, since they've been so impoverished for the better part of a century.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod Dark Tower View Post
    *Sigh*, I'm such an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blazin1 View Post
    I'm not very bright.

  3. #3

    Default

    It worked so well when we tried to fix it 60 years ago. In fact fixing other countries has always worked phenomally well for us.
    S6-r1 The_Chuck S8-r1 Lanie (night shift) S5-r3 Tyche (night shift) S7-r3 Chuckles (night shift)
    S2-r6 Tommo and rebuild S1-r7 Country (day shift) S5-r7(AEU) Office Space S19-r2 (SE) The Joker

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tineren View Post
    It worked so well when we tried to fix it 60 years ago. In fact fixing other countries has always worked phenomally well for us.
    We fixed up Europe and Japan pretty well after WWII.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod Dark Tower View Post
    *Sigh*, I'm such an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blazin1 View Post
    I'm not very bright.

  5. #5
    Artisan Lord Of The Morning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Portland, Oregon, USA
    Posts
    638

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tineren View Post
    It worked so well when we tried to fix it 60 years ago. In fact fixing other countries has always worked phenomally well for us.
    Yeah, we are superb at dictating to others. More so when we can't even keep our own house in order. Homo Sapiens, at its best is a blight on the face of this rock.

    In other breaking news, water is wet.

    I don't really see the DPRK dropping any bombs of any sort, but the world is traveling at a high rate of speed in a handbasket, and we all know where that trip ends.
    US3-R3: LordOChaos (SI-2) Rookie; US3-R4: fifi (the dual); US3-R5: LordOChaos (Demons)
    US3-R8: Questionable
    US2-R5: LordOChaos (BACON)
    COM3: A Dual
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    God forbid you used any of my advice (shiver) - that would be fatal!
    That's my secret, I am always angry. Bruce Banner

  6. #6

    Default

    Part of "fixing up" Japan after WW II was the establishment of North and South Korea, so it wasn't entirely successful.
    S6-r1 The_Chuck S8-r1 Lanie (night shift) S5-r3 Tyche (night shift) S7-r3 Chuckles (night shift)
    S2-r6 Tommo and rebuild S1-r7 Country (day shift) S5-r7(AEU) Office Space S19-r2 (SE) The Joker

  7. #7
    Consul Rokchick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    -32 degrees latitude, free, safe and warm
    Posts
    8,564

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sapient View Post
    We fixed up Europe and Japan pretty well after WWII.
    Did you? Are you reading the reports written by you or the ones written by them?
    I'm glad I'm not judgemental like all you smug, superficial idiots

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tineren View Post
    Part of "fixing up" Japan after WW II was the establishment of North and South Korea, so it wasn't entirely successful.
    We helped invest in their steel industry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod Dark Tower View Post
    *Sigh*, I'm such an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blazin1 View Post
    I'm not very bright.

  9. #9
    Consul Rokchick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    -32 degrees latitude, free, safe and warm
    Posts
    8,564

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sapient View Post
    We helped invest in their steel industry.
    And you still spread metal all over the place. Very fast.
    I'm glad I'm not judgemental like all you smug, superficial idiots

  10. #10
    Philosopher Marie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    where the river narrows/Beaver's lake
    Posts
    2,609

    Default

    As a Canadian...



    Just kidding. We did terrible things too, and our foreign policy has been crappy since Stephen Harper got in. Foreign policy is one things the Liberals and Progressive-Conservatives (and not Stephen Harper's bastardized Reform-Conversative party) did right, at least.

  11. #11
    Consul Sirveri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    6,241

    Default

    DPRK has to do this because the new leader has to show his strength to keep the military in line.

    Quote Originally Posted by Joshyyy View Post
    There is some serious misquoting potential above.
    The rep system should be abolished.

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sirveri View Post
    DPRK has to do this because the new leader has to show his strength to keep the military in line.
    All reports show there's a coup in the works. Though it makes sense, their leader killed small animals as a child. He's a legitimate psychopath. He killed his Uncle for not clapping for him, then proceeded to kill his uncle's entire family, including children.

    This year he killed over a dozen high government officials for "dissension and treason." I'm sure no one feels exactly safe with that **** wad in power.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod Dark Tower View Post
    *Sigh*, I'm such an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blazin1 View Post
    I'm not very bright.

  13. #13
    Consul Rokchick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    -32 degrees latitude, free, safe and warm
    Posts
    8,564

    Default

    Pfft, I saw "The Interview" so I know the truth!
    I'm glad I'm not judgemental like all you smug, superficial idiots

  14. #14
    Consul The Burninator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    The Great Garden State
    Posts
    8,570

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sirveri View Post
    DPRK has to do this because the new leader has to show his strength to keep the military in line.
    This.

    @ thread title: The general, and specific answer is, "no."

  15. #15
    Consul Kurtz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The land of the ice and snow
    Posts
    24,821

    Default

    Colur me amused by the replies to this thread. And indeed the thread itself.

  16. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cheddar View Post
    North Korea Threatens South Korea
    North Korea Says It Will Use Nukes On U.S. If Forced
    "Obama's True Nuclear Test"

    Is there anyone else that thinks this powder keg has to explode sometime soon? Or will the DPRK's threats always be empty?

    I feel like there has to be some substance to these threats, but at the same time when no one in their right mind, not even China, would support you and it's unclear if you have the technology to reach anything other than South Korea, I don't understand what they would actually accomplish beyond the initial mayhem of the explosion. We would hit them back harder and that would almost certainly be the end of it.

    And honestly, I almost wish something would happen just so that we could stop hearing about nothing happening. The spin coming out of the press are tiring to hear.
    I think the U.S. should increase diplomatic relations with North Korea, as Dennis Rodman said, Kim Jun Un, just wants to be respected as a sovereign leader of N. Korea.

    I'm more worried about another neo-con in the white house that would bring the U.S. to yet another war.

  17. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kurtz View Post
    Colur me amused by the replies to this thread. And indeed the thread itself.
    Color me amused, your spelling is atrocious, also your logic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod Dark Tower View Post
    *Sigh*, I'm such an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blazin1 View Post
    I'm not very bright.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •