Thread: Is the DPRK for real?

Default Is the DPRK for real?

North Korea Threatens South Korea
    North Korea Says It Will Use Nukes On U.S. If Forced
    "Obama's True Nuclear Test"

Is there anyone else that thinks this powder keg has to explode sometime soon? Or will the DPRK's threats always be empty?

I feel like there has to be some substance to these threats, but at the same time when no one in their right mind, not even China, would support you and it's unclear if you have the technology to reach anything other than South Korea, I don't understand what they would actually accomplish beyond the initial mayhem of the explosion. We would hit them back harder and that would almost certainly be the end of it.

And honestly, I almost wish something would happen just so that we could stop hearing about nothing happening. The spin coming out of the press are tiring to hear.
    Live Life, Love Others.

Quote Originally Posted by DeLink View Post
    Cheddar is one of the popular, energetic guys.
    "A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult." - Proverbs 12:16

"Comparison is the thief of joy." - Theodore Roosevelt

Dethy Analysis Helper

I almost kinda wish something would escalate, so we could move in, take out the leadership, and start the long process of unbrainwashing the populace, and give the country back to South Korea. We're going to have to do it at some point or another. The only unfortunate thing is the massive amount of humanitarian and infrastructural aid we would need to give them after overthrowing the government, since they've been so impoverished for the better part of a century.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod Dark Tower View Post
    *Sigh*, I'm such an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blazin1 View Post
    I'm not very bright.

It worked so well when we tried to fix it 60 years ago. In fact fixing other countries has always worked phenomally well for us.
    S6-r1 The_Chuck S8-r1 Lanie (night shift) S5-r3 Tyche (night shift) S7-r3 Chuckles (night shift)
    S2-r6 Tommo and rebuild S1-r7 Country (day shift) S5-r7(AEU) Office Space S19-r2 (SE) The Joker

Quote Originally Posted by Tineren View Post
    It worked so well when we tried to fix it 60 years ago. In fact fixing other countries has always worked phenomally well for us.
    We fixed up Europe and Japan pretty well after WWII.
    I'm not very bright.

Yeah, we are superb at dictating to others. More so when we can't even keep our own house in order. Homo Sapiens, at its best is a blight on the face of this rock.

In other breaking news, water is wet.

I don't really see the DPRK dropping any bombs of any sort, but the world is traveling at a high rate of speed in a handbasket, and we all know where that trip ends.
    US3-R3: LordOChaos (SI-2) Rookie; US3-R4: fifi (the dual); US3-R5: LordOChaos (Demons)
    US3-R8: Questionable
    US2-R5: LordOChaos (BACON)
    COM3: A Dual
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    God forbid you used any of my advice (shiver) - that would be fatal!
    That's my secret, I am always angry. Bruce Banner

Part of "fixing up" Japan after WW II was the establishment of North and South Korea, so it wasn't entirely successful.
    S6-r1 The_Chuck S8-r1 Lanie (night shift) S5-r3 Tyche (night shift) S7-r3 Chuckles (night shift)
    S2-r6 Tommo and rebuild S1-r7 Country (day shift) S5-r7(AEU) Office Space S19-r2 (SE) The Joker

-32 degrees latitude, free, safe and warm

Quote Originally Posted by Sapient View Post
    We fixed up Europe and Japan pretty well after WWII.
    Did you? Are you reading the reports written by you or the ones written by them?
    I'm glad I'm not judgemental like all you smug, superficial idiots

Part of "fixing up" Japan after WW II was the establishment of North and South Korea, so it wasn't entirely successful.
    We helped invest in their steel industry.
    I'm not very bright.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapient View Post
    We helped invest in their steel industry.
    And you still spread metal all over the place. Very fast.

As a Canadian...

Just kidding. We did terrible things too, and our foreign policy has been crappy since Stephen Harper got in. Foreign policy is one things the Liberals and Progressive-Conservatives (and not Stephen Harper's bastardized Reform-Conversative party) did right, at least.

DPRK has to do this because the new leader has to show his strength to keep the military in line.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshyyy View Post
    There is some serious misquoting potential above.
    The rep system should be abolished.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirveri View Post
    DPRK has to do this because the new leader has to show his strength to keep the military in line.
    All reports show there's a coup in the works. Though it makes sense, their leader killed small animals as a child. He's a legitimate psychopath. He killed his Uncle for not clapping for him, then proceeded to kill his uncle's entire family, including children.

This year he killed over a dozen high government officials for "dissension and treason." I'm sure no one feels exactly safe with that **** wad in power.
    I'm not very bright.

Pfft, I saw "The Interview" so I know the truth!

Quote Originally Posted by Sirveri View Post
    This.

@ thread title: The general, and specific answer is, "no."

Colur me amused by the replies to this thread. And indeed the thread itself.

Quote Originally Posted by cheddar View Post
    North Korea Threatens South Korea
    North Korea Says It Will Use Nukes On U.S. If Forced
    "Obama's True Nuclear Test"

Is there anyone else that thinks this powder keg has to explode sometime soon? Or will the DPRK's threats always be empty?

I feel like there has to be some substance to these threats, but at the same time when no one in their right mind, not even China, would support you and it's unclear if you have the technology to reach anything other than South Korea, I don't understand what they would actually accomplish beyond the initial mayhem of the explosion. We would hit them back harder and that would almost certainly be the end of it.

And honestly, I almost wish something would happen just so that we could stop hearing about nothing happening. The spin coming out of the press are tiring to hear.
    I think the U.S. should increase diplomatic relations with North Korea, as Dennis Rodman said, Kim Jun Un, just wants to be respected as a sovereign leader of N. Korea.

I'm more worried about another neo-con in the white house that would bring the U.S. to yet another war.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurtz View Post
    Colur me amused by the replies to this thread. And indeed the thread itself.
    Color me amused, your spelling is atrocious, also your logic.
    I'm not very bright.