Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wildfire's Game of Mafia

Default Wildfire's Game of Mafia

(Copied from a round hosted by Valynor and modified, thanks)

Game basics:

Mafia is a game of logic and deceit where 2 opposing teams; the Villagers and mafia try to kill each other off. The mafia are killers whose goal is to take over the town by outnumbering the Villagers, by placing votes for lynches and killing off a member each night.

The Rules for the Game:

1. --- Mafia is divided into rounds, or ‘days.’ Each round lasts for 24 hours and will begin/end at 10:00 EST. The KP should come at 11:00 EST at the latest.

2. --- In that amount of time, the players of the game decide who as a group they want to Lynch by voting. To vote, you must state that it is a vote, and make the vote Bold. The player who receives the most votes will be killed at the end of that day, unless he is saved. Players MAY vote No Lynch.

3. ---The Mafia has the power to kill a player once each day by messaging me, the host, the players name. That player will die unless they are saved. The Mafia also must tell me which of their players they will send to do the job. Any member of the mafia may send in the kill, but I will only take the kill from the highest ranking member.

4. ---Most players have a special power that they can use once per day. Within that day, the player must message me how they are going to use their power, even if it is to abstain from using it.

5. ---Specials are made void if they are killed before getting the chance to use it.

6. ---If you wish to show suspicion for someone, but do not want to vote for them, use the same format as if you were to vote, but instead, call it a FoS (Finger of Suspicion.) I will keep track of all FoS and votes. I will post a vote count at 10:00 EST so I can be corrected if wrong.

7. ---Betraying your group, or otherwise not "playing to win" (such as voting for yourselves) is a **** move so don't do it.

9. ---The dead may not talk, there's no point in it. Just wait till the end of the game.

10.--- This is my first round hosting, bear with me and sorry if I mess up.

Rules and Requirements

1. Once the game has started, keep the spamming to a moderate amount. I know that sounds hypocritical but I definitely can't encourage it.
    2. Stay active on the thread. Inactives get auto-killed.
    4. Voting is done publicly.
    4-1. Abstaining is, of course, allowed, and you can vote for a "no lynch" as well.
    4-2. As of now, you may change your votes as much as you like, but if it becomes an issue, a rule disabling changing votes will be made.
    5. Posting private messages is NOT allowed. It is a game of deceit and intellect, after all. It’s up to the players to decide who to believe.
    6. No screen shots can be posted or sent to other players! If somebody sends you one, please report it to me and they will be auto-killed. Thank you.
    7. NO ROLE-CLAIMING PUBLICLY!
    8. Investigations will be PMed at the KP, so as to allow roleblockers the chance to block them.
    9. I reserve the right to refuse someones application to join the game. I most likely will not do this, but there are certain people who are not allowed to join because they are inactive every time they sign up.
    10. There will likely be enough roles for everyone to have one, unless there are too many people and it would become complicated.
    11. The game is meant to be fun, and while there are a lot of rules, just remember, I'm a laid back host. I like to have fun, and I want you to have fun. The rules are mainly here to explain what you can and can't do, and they aren't sugarcoated. Many of them I am very relaxed with.

IMPORTANT:
    This game is CLOSED COMMS.

ORDER OF ROLES
    Ties between factions are solved by my dart board.
    Mayor
    Roleblocks
    Governor
    Investigations
    Saves
    Bodyguards
    Mafia/Vigil/SK
    Cleric

The Schizo's place in the order is determined by what happens. Saves and roleblocks go in the samespot on the board, while kills go with the Mafia/vigil/sk kill.

I will not post who does what in the KP, just what happens to who.

How to Win

* The villagers win when all mafia are dead.
    * The mafia win when they outnumber the villagers.

Roles: (no specials can be used on yourself, no exceptions unless I tell you so later)
    Mafia:
    The Don: (godfather+lawyer) Obviously the head of the family also went to law school. This player has the controlling say of where the kill goes, shows up innocent to investigations, and can subtract a vote from someone each day.

Made Man: (janitor or roleblocker) A star lacrosse midfielder in prep school. This guy has since dropped out and joined the family business. He's still very skilled in offense and defensive maneuvers and each night can choose whether to kill as the janitor or roleblock a player. Note: The made man cannot be the killer if he is roleblocking multi-tasking is not his strong suit. I suppose you can choose to kill like a regular goon if you see some advantage to it...

Town:(Green right?)
    Town Drunk-(opposite of mayor) Thinks he's the mayor but actually subtracts a vote from a player each night.

Schizo- The best damn role in the world. Kill/****/marry. Wait no sorry I meant kill/save/block/investigate 25% chance of each, you know the drill.

Rookie cop- Gets a false reading for every investigation.

Bus driver- Your regular pot smoking hippie just trying to get your kids home quick so he can go to taco bell. Can switch two players each night for receiving specials. NOT independent use your forces for the greater good!

Unemployed Townies: Vanilla townies that have no special powers but should a townie with powers be killed off one of these unemployed chumps will take their place. Note even if there is a janitor kill a vanilla townie will still be passed on the role, just everyone will be even more unaware of it.

Doctor: The only actually educated man/woman/animal in this town of crazies and bums, this player can save one player each night. IMPORTANT this highly educated role is not easily replaced, the doctor role will not be filled by an unemployed townie if killed.

I think thats everything roles going out ASAP!

Edit: Roles sent, assigned by random.org if you're curious.

I hope the balancing works out. Kinda trying something new or at least something I haven't seen since I started playing by limiting the number of power roles town can have at one time while also not immediately condemning people to having no powers all game. Tried to power up the mafia a bit while not too much since there are only two of them. Would love feed back on this via PM or at the end of the game.

PLAYER LIST:
    Rok
    Seba
    Vinit
    Burn
    Vpindian
    Carni
    JK
    FTP
    Flossie
    Sapient
    Conundrum
    Last edited by Wildfire8; 06-01-2015 at 07:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelman View Post
    If I don't attack any WWs, can I take credit for the win?

Trick question, of course I can. After all, here in the forum no rules apply. Folks just declare themselves the winner. Easier. No unpleasant bending.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokchick View Post
    Pap is trying to do a wildfire with weird.

Did not receive my role..

Sorry what I meant to write was roles assigned sending now, my bad.
    If you still haven't received your role please PM me ASAP. Also feel free to PM me with any questions or comments I'll go empty out my inbox so there is plenty of room.
    Have Fun!

Trick question, of course I can. After all, here in the forum no rules apply. Folks just declare themselves the winner. Easier. No unpleasant bending.

Wait there is a town drunk and rookie cop but no mayor or actual cop? Doesnt that defeat the purpose of the roles not to have the counter part?

It is only a slight twist......I like it.

fos vpin.....wants to further weaken town.....only a mafia would do that.
    Note:Any posts made by this poster should always be construed in the most innocent angelic way possible. The poster is not responsible for where your depraved minds go, if you have a depraved mind.

Our Lady of Croppers ~Semper DOS~ ~Viva Toons~ || This area intentionally left blank. || The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity ~ Harlan Ellison

Quote Originally Posted by vpindian91 View Post
    Wait there is a town drunk and rookie cop but no mayor or actual cop? Doesnt that defeat the purpose of the roles not to have the counter part?
    I think you can figure it out

Quote Originally Posted by Wildfire8 View Post
    I think you can figure it out
    Does that mean there is a Mayor and Cop or does it mean that the Drunk and Rookie cop are not in play?

The latter, i guess.

-32 degrees latitude, free, safe and warm

Quote Originally Posted by Vinit144 View Post
    Does that mean there is a Mayor and Cop or does it mean that the Drunk and Rookie cop are not in play?

The latter, i guess.
    That sounds like fishing.
    FoS Vinit.

Can we have a player list too?
    I'm glad I'm not judgemental like all you smug, superficial idiots

Quote Originally Posted by Flossie Schmumpus View Post
    It is only a slight twist......I like it.

fos vpin.....wants to further weaken town.....only a mafia would do that.
    Only mafia would make accusations this early in the game!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod Dark Tower View Post
    *Sigh*, I'm such an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blazin1 View Post
    I'm not very bright.

Also, does FoS mean feelings of suspicion?
    I'm not very bright.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapient View Post
    Also, does FoS mean feelings of suspicion?
    It means finger of suspicion, love.

Quote Originally Posted by The Burninator View Post
    It means finger of suspicion, love.
    Not like him to replace digits with emotions...

And, since I can...
    Vote: Burn

Because.

And, since I can...

Because.
    That's mean.
    I'm not very bright.

I still somewhat deserve it.

That said, lynching me N1 would be bad again this round.

So is it better to lynch you N2?
    US1 - R8: Seba18 - TMH
    US1 - R9: Easy Faked Oven - RIP (http://travian-reports.net/us/report/284151238bd/http://travian-reports.net/us/report/293427537bc)
    US19 - R1: Seba18 (win)

Quote Originally Posted by Vinit144 View Post
    Vote: No Lynch
    Stop picking on No Lynch, that No Lynch is a nice kid. Shirt always neatly tucked in, hair combed, shoes polished, fingernails clean, a regular paragon of virtue.
    Note:Any posts made by this poster should always be construed in the most innocent angelic way possible. The poster is not responsible for where your depraved minds go, if you have a depraved mind.

Our Lady of Croppers ~Semper DOS~ ~Viva Toons~ || This area intentionally left blank. || The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity ~ Harlan Ellison

Reason: Defying flossie

Also when is N1 over and what is cut off time?

Edit: never mind i found it. It's 10 pm EDT tonight.
    Last edited by Carni; 06-01-2015 at 06:58 PM.
    Calling out weak trolling since December 2012

S1 R6 - Caesarum R7 - Carni R8 - Phantom
    S2 R8 - Storeythor
    S4 R8 - Carni
    S5 R5 - Blackbird R7 - BBC
    S8 R2 - Eazykills
    S19 R1 - Seba18

With NL N1:
    2/9, 2/8, 2/6, 2/4, 2/2
    With Lynch N1:
    2/9, 2/7, 2/5, 2/3, 2/1

NL doesn't win us an extra day. We should go for a random lynch over it. The maths says so.

Vote: Seba
    Reason: RVS

I still somewhat deserve it.

If you're killed every round, why keep playing?
    I'm not very bright.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapient View Post
    If you're killed every round, why keep playing?
    It's fun.

Reason: Insanity (Einstein)
    I'm not very bright.

Reason: Returning the love
    US1 - R8: Seba18 - TMH
    US1 - R9: Easy Faked Oven - RIP (http://travian-reports.net/us/report/284151238bd/http://travian-reports.net/us/report/293427537bc)
    US19 - R1: Seba18 (win)

OMG.. Why do you peeps follow me on night 1? Any other day and it would be a reasonable thing to do. Lets at east get a tie going.

Unvote:
    Vote Seba

Burn's logic makes sense but thats assuming the doctor and schitzo don't save/roleblock anyone. I'll put a little bit of trust in them.

Burn's logic makes sense but thats assuming the doctor and schitzo don't save/roleblock anyone. I'll put a little bit of trust in them.
    But if the doctor and schitzo both kill someone, it just shortens the game by 1?

Where's Jason when he's needed? Burns logic sounds like I've heard the geeks say before in most rounds. But it should be left to random methinks.

No voting for Seba, that is bad. I must protect Seba.

Vote: Rokchick
    Reason: She voted for Seba. 'nuff said.

You're supposed to assume worst case scenario to figure out whether NL gains you a night bro. It doesn't. There is no reason for a townie to vote NL.

Also, y'alls shouldn't lynch me N1 if you want to win this game. Just saying.

Stop picking on No Lynch, that No Lynch is a nice kid. Shirt always neatly tucked in, hair combed, shoes polished, fingernails clean, a regular paragon of virtue.
    No voting for Seba, that is bad. I must protect Seba.

Reason: She voted for Seba. 'nuff said.
    Wow Flossie be more obvious.

Flossie + No Lynch + Seba = Mafia

Vote: Flossie

Burn: 2 (Sap Seba)
    No Lynch: 3 (vinit carni vpindian)
    Seba: 2 (Burn Rok)
    Rok:1 (flossie)

Here is the vote count. Sorry Conundrum you were 11 minutes late. KP will be added shortly.

Seba was lynched and was an unemployed townie
    Conundrum was killed and was the town drunk an underqualifed and unemployed town member will be randomly selected to fill this important role and notified via PM.
    Last edited by Wildfire8; 06-02-2015 at 03:24 AM.

Burn: 2 (Sap Seba)
    No Lynch: 3 (vinit carni vpindian)
    Seba: 2 (Burn Rok)
    Rok:1 (flossie)

Here is the vote count. Sorry Conundrum you were 11 minutes late. KP will be added shortly.
    Whoops my bad, thought it was 11.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    All good.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Right after he accused Flossie.
    I'm not very bright.

So, vote count said NL wins, but Seba got lynched. Lawyer and/or Drunk (and possibly mayor) had to have been in play, since rules say NL is permitted.

Also, confusion of 10pm or 11pm is due to copying Valy's round intro, I believe. I have been confused of KP times in his rounds in the past.

So is it Rok or Burn? Or is someone framing one of them? Discuss.

Quote Originally Posted by jason_kroeker View Post
    So is it Rok or Burn? Or is someone framing one of them? Discuss.
    You badly need to explain this. I voted Seba when no one had any votes on anything but NL because as I pointed out, the math said NL is bad this round. You're also typically not dum and don't post silly things ending in question marks except when you're scum.

SFoS: JK

You badly need to explain this. I voted Seba when no one had any votes on anything but NL because as I pointed out, the math said NL is bad this round. You're also typically not dum and don't post silly things ending in question marks except when you're scum.

SFoS: JK
    Yeah, what do you mean JK? I read it that the mayor added a vote to Seba. But it's first night and neither could have any real reason to pick him yet. There's no lawyer listed and the only way the drunk could do it would be to try to add one to NL.

I took a vote off Burn, but that was to make it go to a ballot (before another NL got added...). If Burn turns out to be mafia I might look dumb, but otherwise, I can't see how it makes me look bad.

If it was the drunk, they will know it now, so BE CAREFUL. And the mayor would know they're not the drunk if they did it.

Wait. It could be the Don too, couldn't it? Taking one from NL. Which would make Burn more likely to be town because that would mean they didn't care if Burn or Seba got lynched.

Conundrum was killed and was the town drunk an underqualifed and unemployed town member will be randomly selected to fill this important role and notified via PM.
    /haunt

Wow mafia AFRAID OF THE THUNDER????

/reported

/haunt

Yeah, what do you mean JK? I read it that the mayor added a vote to Seba. But it's first night and neither could have any real reason to pick him yet. There's no lawyer listed and the only way the drunk could do it would be to try to add one to NL.

I took a vote off Burn, but that was to make it go to a ballot (before another NL got added...). If Burn turns out to be mafia I might look dumb, but otherwise, I can't see how it makes me look bad.

If it was the drunk, they will know it now, so BE CAREFUL. And the mayor would know they're not the drunk if they did it.

Wait. It could be the Don too, couldn't it? Taking one from NL. Which would make Burn more likely to be town because that would mean they didn't care if Burn or Seba got lynched.
    Sounds suspicious to me, awfully mafiaesque excuses.