Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Oh.. Dear... You poor things

Horrible vile disgusting choices still leaves us with nothing but horrible vile disgusting choices. I have not voted for a major party candidate in decades (yes, I am that old), I will actually reregister so I can vote for Bernie Sanders in the primary. I do not agree with him on much, but I do honor his integrity and love for America and its people. The rest of the dirt bags are only in it for their self aggrandizement.
    Note:Any posts made by this poster should always be construed in the most innocent angelic way possible. The poster is not responsible for where your depraved minds go, if you have a depraved mind.

Our Lady of Croppers ~Semper DOS~ ~Viva Toons~ || This area intentionally left blank. || The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity ~ Harlan Ellison

Donald Trump is like a grumpy old man. He's hilarious. While I think it would be hilarious in theory, there's no way I'd want him to be president. He can't control his hair...how can he control the U.S.? Everything with him is black or white. There doesn't seem to be any grey at all. (except in his hair) ((lololol, I'm so funny)).

Quote Originally Posted by Rokchick View Post
    It actually appalls me that this could be true. How on earth could a country elect that as president? How? What on earth could make the majority of the population vote for this guy? Why would you think he could govern at all?

The single policy he has that I might agree with is the rich tax to lose the deficit. And that would never pass. A wall across the mexican border? Repeal obamacare? Free hair gel for all? The only things he says that sound reasonable would never be achievable through congress. It's total fairyland stuff. But I suppose it would vindicate most of what I'm accused of thinking about murica. Even if I don't really think a lot of it, I might have to!

Please, please do not make yourselves a total laughing stock!
    Actually thinkprogress has been posting quite a few articles about the surprisingly progressive side of Trump (well one or two, which is a lot actually). He actually defended planned parenthood during this most recent manufactured outrage. He also just released his policy plan (one of the biggest criticisms is that he didn't have one), but I have yet to read it so I'll refrain from comment

Quote Originally Posted by Ops Analyst View Post
    I can say this because I'm actually a political scientist, Trump has virtually no chance of winning. You can't compare Trump to Reagan, because at this point in his race, Reagan had a polling average about double Trumps (37% to 20%). At a 20% average in the polls, lets look at a few other candidates that had a similar polling average in history:

1992 - Tom Harkin (34%)
    2004 - Richard Gephardt (23%)
    2008 - Mitt Romney (28%)
    2012 - Michelle Bachmann (23%)
    2016 - Donald Trump (20%)

He is doing worse than most anti-establishment front runners in modern history -- and he has greater name recognition. Control for net favorables (how much people like/dislike a candidate) and Trump looks really bad. It's also important to note that in the 2012 Republican Primaries, there were 6 candidates (if you count Newt Gingrich in his two rises) who had a higher polling average than Trump and Mitt Romney -- AND still never got anywhere.

Trump won't last. It will either be Bush, Walker, or Rubio. If there's a dark horse, it'll be Kasich. Unfortunately for the 24-hour news cycle, the boring and traditional answer is usually accurate in politics.
    He's also going against 13 other people. Yes, I remember the flameouts in the 2012 run, but at the end of the day the GOP primary is a coronation, and it always has been. It will be Jeb or it will be Trump. Jeb is next in line as far as the establishment is concerned, and the only people who could potentially take that crown are usurpers. There are only two, and that's Trump and Rand Paul, and Rand Paul isn't gathering the same psycho steam his father got from his runs, but Trump definitely is, and his message is resonating strongly with the GOP base.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshyyy View Post
    There is some serious misquoting potential above.
    The rep system should be abolished.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirveri View Post
    Actually thinkprogress has been posting quite a few articles about the surprisingly progressive side of Trump (well one or two, which is a lot actually). He actually defended planned parenthood during this most recent manufactured outrage. He also just released his policy plan (one of the biggest criticisms is that he didn't have one), but I have yet to read it so I'll refrain from comment
    How is that surprising? He's not a religious conservative. He's not the person that hides behind some cape of morality, he doesn't care about gay marriage, nor does he have a belief that all life is precious, the only thing he cares about is building his empire. You can throw in that he thought that invading Iraq was a dumb idea, he viewed it has a bad investment. His mind is based on personal growth and gaining satisfaction, he's not a moralistic preachy sort of person.

I predict he's not going to campaign like other politicians, instead of talking policy, his campaign is going to be more in line with primetime tv advertising gimmics, which sells, he's not going to be after money, but votes.
    Last edited by Summer; 08-20-2015 at 02:00 AM.

I would vote for this candidate over any of the ones I saw in the Republican debate.

Vote Limberbutt!

Well, isn't this a sight. Hey Myr.

Or maybe you could at least try to stop the bloodshed and vote for something actually different... outside the Demoblican corporation.
    But since we all know this is not gonna happen, I encourage you then to vote for Mr. Trump