Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Quick Dethy Round

2 Min to KP

vote count:

NL ll vinnit, seba
    Seba ll Blazin, Rokchick

If the tie remains, it will go to random.org
    Note:Any posts made by this poster should always be construed in the most innocent angelic way possible. The poster is not responsible for where your depraved minds go, if you have a depraved mind.

Our Lady of Croppers ~Semper DOS~ ~Viva Toons~ || This area intentionally left blank. || The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity ~ Harlan Ellison

Through random.org...no lynch happened tonight

In other news.....Vinnit was walking down to the doughnut shop when someone came up from behind him and whispered "Arrivederci! Bello!" as a shiv was slipped expertly between his ribs.

The cops live to sleuth another day.
    Note:Any posts made by this poster should always be construed in the most innocent angelic way possible. The poster is not responsible for where your depraved minds go, if you have a depraved mind.

Our Lady of Croppers ~Semper DOS~ ~Viva Toons~ || This area intentionally left blank. || The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity ~ Harlan Ellison

Vote: Rok
    Reason: Mafia, duh.

Blazin, investigate me: you will get innocent a fulfill the logic I proposed a while ago. No one else can investigate. Vote for Rok, she has led us in a goose chase after N1 plus all the other things I presented before the KP.
    US1 - R8: Seba18 - TMH
    US1 - R9: Easy Faked Oven - RIP (http://travian-reports.net/us/report/284151238bd/http://travian-reports.net/us/report/293427537bc)
    US19 - R1: Seba18 (win)

-32 degrees latitude, free, safe and warm

Omg I'm ****e at this. I still had sap/blazin reversed. I can't do this on a phone, I must be too old. I'm still on my phone can you post a table summary of results that we agree too (or blazin do it). But..,

Without Recalling All the previous results though... I'm not mafia so if you have me as a definite you must be maF. But..we should be able to tell now, because I'm NOT mafia. I'm sane/insane I got one innocent and one guilty. You too, right? So we should get opposite results and we didn't on blazin. Enough to say one of us is definitely mafia. So blazin is a cop.
    I'm just going to go through your last analysis and see where there's a flaw.
    I'm glad I'm not judgemental like all you smug, superficial idiots

When I play Dethy, I make a table with all the possibilities across the top and everyone playing down the side, as people are removed from being someone, I X that possibility out. I actually use paper and pencil for this.

There is nothing "flawed" with my analysis. Stop saying you are bad at something because you as Maf have played this pretty darn great, leaving us with a 50/50 chance of lynching the right person. You have played as a Sane/Insane cop but as a cop, I am telling you: you are Mafia. We all know our roles already. When Blazin investigates me, he will get innocent and will be Naive, Sap is the Insane cop, Vinit is the Paranoid cop, and I am the Sane cop.

It's over, Rok. Your mafia games have been revealed. The logic has been out for a while now and you trying to avoid it, to avoid getting lynched, pretty much says you are Mafia.
    US1 - R9: Easy Faked Oven - RIP (http://travian-reports.net/us/report/284151238bd/http://travian-reports.net/us/report/293427537bc)

vote:rok, as was my first vote this round. I don't trust seba but Rok isn't being very helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron D'Holbach View Post
    You should quote yourself. It's like liking your Facebook status or high-fiving yourself in the mirror.

It's what I would do if I didn't have to keep mine exactly how it is for madsquirrels and erazer.

Sigh....that is the hammer.....and I really wish I hadn't made that rule now, because town really did need to go through their logic and stop running off of emotion.

YOu guys let Seba run the game and cloud any logic with emotion and dazzling words.

Protesting loudly that she was a Cop, Blazin and Seba ruthlessly strung Rokchick up....only to see her shield tumble out of her pocket ...Blazin leapt into action to try to save his fellow Cop....but as he stepped forward....Seba smiled cruelly and gutted Blazin on the spot.

MAFIA WINS.

All in all well done for a bunch of newbies to Dethy. Next time please make tables and do not let yourselves be swayed ...only logic counts.

Roles:

Seba: Mafia
    Vinnit: Jaded Cop Killed N2
    Sapient: Insane Cop Killed N1
    Blazin: Naive Cop Killed N3
    Rokchick: Sane Cop Lynched N3

I knew it. The only two people who went about it logically was Seba and I. And I got the knife.

God that was painful.
    Live Life, Love Others.

Quote Originally Posted by DeLink View Post
    Cheddar is one of the popular, energetic guys.
    "A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult." - Proverbs 12:16

"Comparison is the thief of joy." - Theodore Roosevelt

Dethy Analysis Helper

Yeah sorry a lot my fault (no time to look, working off phone and getting the first round wrong in my head) but Seba did well. Almost convinced me I must be wrong about blazin!! But I still can't see any logic that proves him wrong. Still a 50:50.

Thing is, I was not wrong. I just pretended to be you I will post my logic later.

Well played Seba, I really had trouble casting that vote and did anyway.
    You should quote yourself. It's like liking your Facebook status or high-fiving yourself in the mirror.

It's what I would do if I didn't have to keep mine exactly how it is for madsquirrels and erazer.

Thanks, Blazin. It was 50/50 because I was mimicking Rok. I'll post all my steps later.

That's why I wanted a lynch last night, I just could not weed out either of you one way or the other. Rok's lack of posting at the end made me think she was trying not to slip up, and ultimately weighed my decision.

Okay, here goes how I figured who was who and who I needed to take out every night:

N1:

Seba: Blazin - innocent
    Rok: Blazin - innocent
    Sap: Blazin - guilty
    Vinit: Blazin - guilty
    Blazin: Sap - innocent

Up to here, not much was going on. I posted first because I wanted to try and play an aggressive Mafia and try to pin one of the other innocent investigators as a newbie Mafia. But, because Blazin got innocent and blamed Vinit for being mafia I was clear for another day. No one noticed that one of the three innocent investigators was mafia, except...

Quote Originally Posted by Sapient View Post
    We're going to 3 innocent (including blazin) two guilty N1. And Mafia will probably wait till last to post, unless it's Blazin.
    That made it easy to choose who was getting killed. Sorry, Sap. Told you I was an OG as well.

N2:

With Sap's guilty investigation, I knew automatically he was Paranoid/Insane. Same goes to Vinit. That meant I had to pretend to be either Sane or Insane and try getting Blazin or Rok lynched.

Seba: Rok - guilty
    Blazin: Rok - innocent
    Vinit: Rok - guilty
    Rok - Seba guilty

I had various scenarios set up for Rok's results.

Had Rok investigated Vinit, instead of me, I would have been in a very tough position because I knew she was going to get innocent result. Then, I would have had to kill Rok and try to convince Vinit that Blazin was Mafia.

That would have meant:

Blazin: maf
    Seba: Insane
    Rok: Rookie
    Sap: Sane
    Vinit: Paranoid

Which would have been tough because not much evidence was available to concretely confirm this. Additionally, there was a 50% chance that Vinit was actually the Insane cop and not the Paranoid cop, which would have meant that if Vinit had investigated me and I would have gotten an innocent result, I was basically declared Maf.

Thankfully, Rok decided to investigate me, falling into the trap I had come up with. Had Rok gotten an innocent result from my investigation, I would have known she was the Rookie cop, which would have led me to kill Blazin because his investigation one me in N3 would have given a guilty result because of that logic. Then, I would have just needed to be on the right side of the 50% chance of coming up guilty on the Vinit investigation. An innocent result would have doomed me as well, considering someone could have worked out the logic.

But, luck was on my side. Rok got a guilty investigation on me, which meant she was the Sane cop. I would have to twist the evidence to make me look like the Sane cop, though (which was not hard because Rok and I had the same investigation results). Which meant I would have had to get rid of Vinit: once again because there was a 50% chance he was not Paranoid and would have found me innocent, and I would have been doomed. With Blazin confirmed Rookie once I knew Rok was the Sane cop, his investigation would not have yielded anything.

After that, it was convincing Blazin that Rok was the Maf and not the Sane cop.

Good round to everyone! I barely survived the second KP thanks to random.org. There was a lot of luck involved in me winning this, but you guys let me run all over you providing the logic for all of you. Had any of you provided logic, I would have been in a tougher spot to gain someone's trust that I was Town and not Mafia. Once we get better at this, rounds will be super exciting I'm sure!
    Last edited by Seba; 07-13-2015 at 03:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seba View Post
    So, if I was mafia we are investigating Town and I posted first:
    Seba - innocent
    Cop 1: 2/4 chances of investigating innocent
    Cop 2: 1/3 chances of investigating innocent IF Cop 1 investigates innocent.
    2/3 chances of investigating innocent IF Cop 1 investigates guilty.
    Cop 3: 100% chance of investigating innocent IF Cop 1 and 2 investigate guilty.
    50% chance of investigating innocent IF Cop 1 or 2 investigates innocent.

This is why waiting until more investigations are through allows Mafia to have a better chance of appearing less scummy if we are investigating the same person. Posting first as Mafia increases the chance of bringing up three of the same investigations.
    This is the only logic that I "made up". This all checks out as realistic ASSUMING that the person investigated is either the Insane or Paranoid cop.

Note: in the first investigation meant 2/3 instead of 2/4.

Somewhat interested why no one decided to check this out.

Also, big thanks to our host Flossie for leading us newbies in our first round! It sure was fun and looking to play another round when Mafia is not "in session".

I believe Rokchick was the only one who had ever played Dethy before, it can be a bit confusing when you are used to playing regular mafia where so much relies on perception....and Seba just was so good, saw an opportunity and ran with it.

I always make my own table when playing Dethy

N1:

Seba: Blazin - innocent
    Rok: Blazin - innocent
    Sap: Blazin - guilty
    Vinit: Blazin - guilty
    Blazin: Sap - innocent

Sapient gets killed.

So after night one you knew:
    Seba: cannot be Jaded
    Vinnit: Cannot be Naive
    Sapient: Cannot be Naive......Is not mafia (got killed)
    Blazin : Cannot be Jaded or Insane
    Rokchik: Cannot be Jaded

N2: Magenta

Seba: Rok - guilty
    Blazin: Rok - innocent
    Vinit: Rok - guilty
    Rok - Seba guilty

After night 2 you knew:

Seba: cannot be Jaded: Cannot be Naive, Insane or Jaded must be Sane or Mafia
    Vinnit: Cannot be Naive: got guilty twice, must be either Insane or Jaded. not sure which, but confirmed town because no one else can be either Insane or Jaded
    Sapient: Cannot be Naive......Is not mafia (got killed): Because Blazin is confirmed town at this point this means Sapient had to have been either Insane or Jaded
    Blazin : Cannot be Jaded or Insane: Got innocent twice must be either Naive or Sane....has to be Naive is the only person who has not gotten a guilty result
    Rokchik: Cannot be Jaded: Cannot be Naive, Insane or Jaded, Must be Sane or Mafia

At this point you knew your mafia was either Rokchick or Seba. And Seba was a very very clever mafia.

I couldn't get my tables to work on the forum....I do hope this helps you lay out the logic the next time you play Dethy.

Thanks, Flossie! I would not say I was "so good", but I had to maximize my percentage as much as I could to 50% and minimize the chance of allowing people to investigate me and finding a revealing result. I also survived death in N2, either thanks to Vinit for not changing his vote or randomness. Again, I landed on the correct side of 50% many times, which is very unlikely.

well that was entertaining to read
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelman View Post
    If I don't attack any WWs, can I take credit for the win?

Trick question, of course I can. After all, here in the forum no rules apply. Folks just declare themselves the winner. Easier. No unpleasant bending.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokchick View Post
    Pap is trying to do a wildfire with weird.

I think I found out who to lynch every round.

Quote Originally Posted by Flossie Schmumpus View Post
    YOu guys let Seba run the game and cloud any logic with emotion and dazzling words.
    There was really no clouding of logic. After D1 results were posted, I had Vinit as confirmed Cop (if he had been Mafia, Sap could be Jaded or Insane, but the other three had to be either Naive or Sane. Obviously that can't happen, so the starting premise of checking if Vinit could be Mafia is incorrect).

After D2 results, by similar logic to what others had already posted, Blazin was confirmed Cop - he was the only one who could be Naive (everyone else had received at least 1 Guilty result).

And with Sap dead, and Rok and Seba getting identical results, it was obviously one of those 2 as Mafia. Problem is, Seba had played the odds correctly and got a bit lucky. But there was no "logical" way to prove either of them. It was truely a 50/50 guess for Blazin.

And between Rok not posting much at the end (likely due to timeline difference, but being perceived as not wanting to slip up), and with Rok posting her results later both days (again, likely timezones), I agree that Blazin made the more logical vote. It was wrong. But it was more logical.

Well played Seba.

Yeah it sure was a 50:50 now I get to look at full pages. Last 2 days I had no time to do anything much. If I had known I would be out of touch like that I wouldn't have played. But just so you all know; you died in a good cause. I had a fine old time. 2 late nights and one rush to a morning meeting and then another 5hr drive today. Back at my desk now though, shouldn't be so easy to confusibubble me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rokchick View Post
    Yeah it sure was a 50:50 now I get to look at full pages. Last 2 days I had no time to do anything much. If I had known I would be out of touch like that I wouldn't have played. But just so you all know; you died in a good cause. I had a fine old time. 2 late nights and one rush to a morning meeting and then another 5hr drive today. Back at my desk now though, shouldn't be so easy to confusibubble me.
    Scummy excuse. Trust me guys, she's totes maf.