Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 81 to 101 of 101

Thread: Dethy

  1. #81
    Senator cheddar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    OSU
    Posts
    3,546

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seba View Post
    No. I mean Vpin is passing as Rok. I know Rok is 100% paranoid because I am the Insane cop. Had I died, Rok would have also gotten a guilty on whoever she investigated and Vpin would be pretending to be the Insane cop, while saying I was the Paranoid cop and pointing the finger at Rok.
    I don't think he's trying to pretend to be Rok so much as just not mafia. Both scenarios are possible. I feel like you over think this game a bit.

    But either way, if he keeps trying to play the silent game to keep me confused than I'm just gonna end up voting for him anyway.
    Live Life, Love Others.

    Quote Originally Posted by DeLink View Post
    Cheddar is one of the popular, energetic guys.
    "A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult." - Proverbs 12:16

    "Comparison is the thief of joy." - Theodore Roosevelt

    Dethy Analysis Helper

  2. #82

    Default

    Just trust me and vote for him.
    US1 - R8: Seba18 - TMH
    US1 - R9: Easy Faked Oven - RIP (http://travian-reports.net/us/report/284151238bd/http://travian-reports.net/us/report/293427537bc)
    US19 - R1: Seba18 (win)

  3. #83

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seba View Post
    Well, taking a vote off Rok would not have mattered. You guys would have been in the same situation today... Vpin would just have taken my place as a cop, as he is doing with Flossie or Rok. I keep getting the results of these two confused.
    It would have mattered since we would have already won after the first lynch.
    You originally pushed for no lynch which would have helped the mafia as you could then disguise yourself between 2 other cops instead of just disguising yourself as one other cop as you are now.
    Then when Cheddar voted for Rok, you changed your vote to Rok as well since you knew that would basically guarantee your safety for one more night and make you look good since you were offering yourself up to be lynched as well.

  4. #84

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vpindian91 View Post
    It would have mattered since we would have already won after the first lynch.
    You originally pushed for no lynch which would have helped the mafia as you could then disguise yourself between 2 other cops instead of just disguising yourself as one other cop as you are now.
    Then when Cheddar voted for Rok, you changed your vote to Rok as well since you knew that would basically guarantee your safety for one more night and make you look good since you were offering yourself up to be lynched as well.
    From my math, the no lynch does not actually help Mafia, but it does not help Town. Trying to lynch in N1 actually does not increase the chances of Mafia. And yes, excuse me for trying to NL in N1. I thought it was the best move (so did Flossie and no one said anything...). Once cheddar told us lynching actually helps us, then I switched.
    US1 - R8: Seba18 - TMH
    US1 - R9: Easy Faked Oven - RIP (http://travian-reports.net/us/report/284151238bd/http://travian-reports.net/us/report/293427537bc)
    US19 - R1: Seba18 (win)

  5. #85

    Default

    Also, for next can we stop the everyone investigates one person? Is that proven to be useful? I feel it allows Mafia to copycat a cop's investigations (like I did in the last round, where I predicted Rok's moves) and it also allows Mafia to take the place of a dead cop, like Vpin is doing here.
    US1 - R8: Seba18 - TMH
    US1 - R9: Easy Faked Oven - RIP (http://travian-reports.net/us/report/284151238bd/http://travian-reports.net/us/report/293427537bc)
    US19 - R1: Seba18 (win)

  6. #86

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seba View Post
    From my math, the no lynch does not actually help Mafia, but it does not help Town. Trying to lynch in N1 actually does not increase the chances of Mafia. And yes, excuse me for trying to NL in N1. I thought it was the best move (so did Flossie and no one said anything...). Once cheddar told us lynching actually helps us, then I switched.
    No lynch does help mafia though. Think about it, if we did not lynch Rok last night then you would just have to convince Cheddar or I that Rok is mafia or Cheddar and Rok that I am mafia. There's basically a 33% chance of getting the correct mafia target instead of the 50/50 chance that cheddar has now.

  7. #87
    Senator cheddar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    OSU
    Posts
    3,546

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seba View Post
    From my math, the no lynch does not actually help Mafia, but it does not help Town. Trying to lynch in N1 actually does not increase the chances of Mafia. And yes, excuse me for trying to NL in N1. I thought it was the best move (so did Flossie and no one said anything...). Once cheddar told us lynching actually helps us, then I switched.
    The reason it helped town this time is because we already had two confirmed townies.
    Live Life, Love Others.

    Quote Originally Posted by DeLink View Post
    Cheddar is one of the popular, energetic guys.
    "A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult." - Proverbs 12:16

    "Comparison is the thief of joy." - Theodore Roosevelt

    Dethy Analysis Helper

  8. #88
    Senator cheddar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    OSU
    Posts
    3,546

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seba View Post
    Also, for next can we stop the everyone investigates one person? Is that proven to be useful? I feel it allows Mafia to copycat a cop's investigations (like I did in the last round, where I predicted Rok's moves) and it also allows Mafia to take the place of a dead cop, like Vpin is doing here.

    I still don't get what you mean by the "taking place of a cop" thing since each scenario is still possible. But the reason that is used so often is because it's the best way to get confirmed townies like we did N1. I usually try to go against it when people try and organize an investigation because a) I can and b) it mixes it up so it isn't similar game experiences every time.
    Live Life, Love Others.

    Quote Originally Posted by DeLink View Post
    Cheddar is one of the popular, energetic guys.
    "A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult." - Proverbs 12:16

    "Comparison is the thief of joy." - Theodore Roosevelt

    Dethy Analysis Helper

  9. #89
    Senator cheddar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    OSU
    Posts
    3,546

    Default

    God.... Seba, if you are mafia this round I want to preemptively say **** you. Also good job. But after rereading this thread multiple times I haven't been swayed enough.

    Vote: Vp
    Live Life, Love Others.

    Quote Originally Posted by DeLink View Post
    Cheddar is one of the popular, energetic guys.
    "A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult." - Proverbs 12:16

    "Comparison is the thief of joy." - Theodore Roosevelt

    Dethy Analysis Helper

  10. #90

    Default

    ugh. get ready to start cussing Seba out Cheddar.

  11. #91

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cheddar View Post
    God.... Seba, if you are mafia this round I want to preemptively say **** you. Also good job. But after rereading this thread multiple times I haven't been swayed enough.

    Vote: Vp
    Oh thank the Dethy gods. I was not mafia this time, although I played it the same way I did last round. Just a case that last round I was playing as Town when I was mafia and this round I could not convince you any other way except "pretending" to be Town. Good choice.
    US1 - R8: Seba18 - TMH
    US1 - R9: Easy Faked Oven - RIP (http://travian-reports.net/us/report/284151238bd/http://travian-reports.net/us/report/293427537bc)
    US19 - R1: Seba18 (win)

  12. #92


    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,072

    Default

    vp was lynched and was the mean, evil Mafia dude.

    Cops win.

    Flossie was Sane
    Seba was Insane
    cheddar was Naive
    Rok was Paranoid

    vp did play it well. He got it down to a 50/50 chance, which in most cases is the best Mafia can do. He got lucky on his N1 kill that he picked Flossie (Sane) instead of cheddar (Naive), who were both conf-Town. If he had gone the other way, Flossie's investigation on him would have outted him immediately.

    Also, for the discussion on No Lynch N1, as long as you are allowed multiple NL's (which I said you were), I believe it is better for Town to NL even with 2 conf-Town. Yes, if you pick right, great. But since you didn't, you leave both the lynch and kill victims "unknown" (since they each only reveal 1 investigation result). If you NL, only 1 person has 1 result. Then 4 of you post a 2nd result. And unless it's figured out by that point (which is rare but can happen), NL again, and then 3 of you can post a 3rd investigation result, making it even less likely that Mafia could successfully hide their fake results.

  13. #93
    Consul Rokchick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    -32 degrees latitude, free, safe and warm
    Posts
    8,564

    Default

    Yeah thought so. Can you also comment on everyone investigating the same person?
    I'm glad I'm not judgemental like all you smug, superficial idiots

  14. #94


    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,072

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rokchick View Post
    Yeah thought so. Can you also comment on everyone investigating the same person?
    I haven't looked at that much. But I believe it's supposed to be easier to "clear" one or more players. So yes, that helps Town in a way. But you could also argue that it helps Mafia in that they have a better idea of who to focus on - especially if Mafia knows who everyone is planning to investigate, then they will have a good idea of what results should come back

  15. #95


    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,072

    Default

    Also, I was tempted to make Seba Mafia this round just to see if he could pull it off again (Dethy has odds stacked heavily in favour of the Cops, so it is impressive when Mafia wins). But I decided against it.

  16. #96

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jason_kroeker View Post
    I haven't looked at that much. But I believe it's supposed to be easier to "clear" one or more players. So yes, that helps Town in a way. But you could also argue that it helps Mafia in that they have a better idea of who to focus on - especially if Mafia knows who everyone is planning to investigate, then they will have a good idea of what results should come back
    Yeah I think it helps both parties. Having individual investigations makes it harder for both parties, but it makes it harder for Mafia to fake investigations, which could help Town. If another round is played and this strategy is used, it would be interesting to see what the results are.
    US1 - R8: Seba18 - TMH
    US1 - R9: Easy Faked Oven - RIP (http://travian-reports.net/us/report/284151238bd/http://travian-reports.net/us/report/293427537bc)
    US19 - R1: Seba18 (win)

  17. #97

    Default

    I thought i was screwed when i said i was investigating Seba again after i "investigated" him on the first night, j_k had to point it out to me that i did otherwise i would've probably screwed myself over.

  18. #98

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vpindian91 View Post
    I thought i was screwed when i said i was investigating Seba again after i "investigated" him on the first night, j_k had to point it out to me that i did otherwise i would've probably screwed myself over.
    I thought cheddar would have picked that up. I know I did...
    US1 - R8: Seba18 - TMH
    US1 - R9: Easy Faked Oven - RIP (http://travian-reports.net/us/report/284151238bd/http://travian-reports.net/us/report/293427537bc)
    US19 - R1: Seba18 (win)

  19. #99
    Senator cheddar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    OSU
    Posts
    3,546

    Default

    That was one of the things. Another was your sudden flurry of activity N2 after I said your silence was scummy. And then the silence.

    There was just that small chance that Seba played the perfect Con and after last round I might have been giving him too much credit.
    Live Life, Love Others.

    Quote Originally Posted by DeLink View Post
    Cheddar is one of the popular, energetic guys.
    "A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult." - Proverbs 12:16

    "Comparison is the thief of joy." - Theodore Roosevelt

    Dethy Analysis Helper

  20. #100


    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,072

    Default

    The way the final day of investigations came out, vp could have listed his result as either G or I, and statistically/logically cheddar would have had to guess 50/50 either way (it would have just had a different layout of who was what). However, he didn't know that since that relied on the fact that cheddar was Naive, which cheddar seemed to hide by not posting his result until last.

    However, if cheddar had been Sane (and Flossie Naive, or alternatively if he had killed cheddar N1 instead), then vp would not be able to post either result, as cheddar's analysis would have cleared Seba. So as I mentioned earlier, vp got lucky and killed the "right" player N1.

  21. #101
    Senator cheddar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    OSU
    Posts
    3,546

    Default

    Yeah, I was really surprised with how N1 went that we didn't have someone cleared on N2 as well.
    Live Life, Love Others.

    Quote Originally Posted by DeLink View Post
    Cheddar is one of the popular, energetic guys.
    "A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult." - Proverbs 12:16

    "Comparison is the thief of joy." - Theodore Roosevelt

    Dethy Analysis Helper

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •