Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The Mafia Dilemma: A Game of Game Theory

vote: Rokchick
    Note:Any posts made by this poster should always be construed in the most innocent angelic way possible. The poster is not responsible for where your depraved minds go, if you have a depraved mind.

Our Lady of Croppers ~Semper DOS~ ~Viva Toons~ || This area intentionally left blank. || The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity ~ Harlan Ellison

Vote: Rok

I think we could still have a normal kp tonight wf
    Quote Originally Posted by mbstokem View Post
    o ya. i hope he goes back to it. i liked my name being in some1's sig

^This

Quote Originally Posted by Jonothan Crane
    Patients suffering delusional episodes often focus their paranoia on an external tormentor. Usually one conforming to Jungian archetypes. In this case, a scarecrow.

[haunt]
    Guess Wild didn't agree with you guys, or got hammered again, or is working late, or whatever.
    But with 4 of (I believe) 6 remaining already casting votes, and probably very few specials left, if any, other than a Mafia kill, maybe he wanted to still give a chance for discussions to happen within Mafia?
    *awaits end of round so he can post sign-ups for next one - which I will probably post tomorrow anyway, due to my unavailability basically from Fri-Mon*
    [/haunt]

Sorry but there's no hammer rule and I feel like I should give Rok a chance to defend herself even if it looks pretty set against her.
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelman View Post
    If I don't attack any WWs, can I take credit for the win?

Trick question, of course I can. After all, here in the forum no rules apply. Folks just declare themselves the winner. Easier. No unpleasant bending.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokchick View Post
    Pap is trying to do a wildfire with weird.

*twiddles thumbs*

Patients suffering delusional episodes often focus their paranoia on an external tormentor. Usually one conforming to Jungian archetypes. In this case, a scarecrow.

-32 degrees latitude, free, safe and warm

Sigh.. I hate you all. Especially one of you.
    Vote: Scarecrow
    I'm glad I'm not judgemental like all you smug, superficial idiots

Wow, great defense!

OK I hate you all equally then!
    What defense can I give that outweighs mb at this stage? Either he is a brilliant mafia and deserves his win, or he thinks he's telling the truth. I don't have any convincing evidence to counter either option.

I mean, you got rb'd and there was no kill. If I were mafia why would I bus seba on a lylo when I just needed 2 misvotes and then have him try to bus me to SC? There is no defense, which isn't your fault and is why I said a KP could've happened last night since it was pretty much a gauranteed lynch for you, but meh

Sigh.. I hate you all. Especially one of you.
    Vote: Scarecrow
    Caaan you feel the loooovvve tonight?

I mean, you got rb'd and there was no kill. If I were mafia why would I bus seba on a lylo when I just needed 2 misvotes and then have him try to bus me to SC? There is no defense, which isn't your fault and is why I said a KP could've happened last night since it was pretty much a gauranteed lynch for you, but meh
    Unless Seba is the dca. Then you would have every reason to get rid of him. If he is, then you are mafia. And a more convincing version.

Unless Seba is the dca. Then you would have every reason to get rid of him. If he is, then you are mafia. And a more convincing version.
    Seba got lynched. This is rather unlike you to mix your tenses.
    Note:Any posts made by this poster should always be construed in the most innocent angelic way possible. The poster is not responsible for where your depraved minds go, if you have a depraved mind.

Our Lady of Croppers ~Semper DOS~ ~Viva Toons~ || This area intentionally left blank. || The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity ~ Harlan Ellison

Why would I lunch him and not assassinate him?

KP: 4
    Alright Sorry to make you all wait I guess I should have ended it.
    Rok was lynched and was a mafia henchman

Town Wins!

VP Was the DCA
    Cheddar Was the traitor killed by friendly fire unfortunately

Things were a little boring in thread because of open comms so maybe that part wasn't a great idea but I'd like to hear your thoughts on the game and any suggestions/comments.
    Last edited by Wildfire8; 07-31-2015 at 03:00 AM.

Trick question, of course I can. After all, here in the forum no rules apply. Folks just declare themselves the winner. Easier. No unpleasant bending.

Well played vp. Seba picked it before I did. He was prepared to kill you a couple of days ago. I should have let him...

Lol @ Seba telling me I'm horrible in pm. It was great.

I also thought traitors don't generally get caught in friendly fire?

We had no way of knowing who it was.

Actually one change I'd make would be that when the dca (or maybe traitor too) dies, their team finds out? I was pretty convinced there was no traitor from the thread (or not one that said anything anyway....).

But that made me think there was probably no DCA as well, and Wild was playing with us. vp played it pretty straight too. Otherwise I would have agreed to kill vp. It was clearly not Seba and I knew it wasn't me. If we'd done it as soon as he suggested, it would be interesting to see the outcome. I decided that it was more likely there wasn't one, and if we killed vp we'd be down to 2 with Seba looking like a target. I played too conservatively all up.

Never trust anyone. Hate them all. I know that, and still.....

Ya i was wondering why i didn't get killed last KP, i thought it was obvious i was the DCA with how MB named both Rok and Seba but not me.
    Game-play wise, i feel the DCA was waaaaay too overpowered. There was basically nothing stopping me from going up to a townie and saying "hey, so and so is mafia"
    The only negative was if it was the traitor who I told (which i actually did) instead of a townie.

Wait, what? I died second night and the only person who had any contact with me was Scare.
    Live Life, Love Others.

Quote Originally Posted by DeLink View Post
    Cheddar is one of the popular, energetic guys.
    "A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult." - Proverbs 12:16

"Comparison is the thief of joy." - Theodore Roosevelt

Dethy Analysis Helper

Ohhhhhh. That PM you sent me. It didn't really matter. I was pretty much offline that entire day due to bad internet and then a three hour band practice.
    Live Life, Love Others.

Quote Originally Posted by DeLink View Post
    Cheddar is one of the popular, energetic guys.
    "A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult." - Proverbs 12:16

"Comparison is the thief of joy." - Theodore Roosevelt

Dethy Analysis Helper

Quote Originally Posted by vpindian91 View Post
    Ya i was wondering why i didn't get killed last KP, i thought it was obvious i was the DCA with how MB named both Rok and Seba but not me.
    Game-play wise, i feel the DCA was waaaaay too overpowered. There was basically nothing stopping me from going up to a townie and saying "hey, so and so is mafia"
    The only negative was if it was the traitor who I told (which i actually did) instead of a townie.
    Well, yeah by then. But it was too late.

But if you remember... I suggested we all do that at the beginning, and I let you talk me out of it. With good rationale too. I should just have made sure that as soon as it looked like it was worth trying again, we all did it. I wasn't around for the last day much, so didn't really have time to think about it, but I actually had a PM open to MB to do just that when Seba told us his SC play, but didn't hit send. Instead I looked and saw there were no indications of a traitor on thread, and thought wild was screwing with us instead.

To be fair vpin, even though it was initially a misplay on my part even just calling out one and claiming detectivelets the other know that if there is a DCA it is you. I should've tried to convince everyone to vote seba more subtly but it worked out.

Rok couldn't kill you, I roleblocked her. I do not know who she targeted, but she couldn't kill anyone.

Oh you mean assasinate....who knows...

Yeah I think the open comms definitely allowed the DCA to be too overpowered.
    Interesting the thing about friendly fire and I see your point, I think I would change it and have it be that if they target a traitor to be killed the traitor actually joins them this would give the traitor a bit more purpose. I thought open comms might power up the traitor position but yeah not enough.

Something to not if Seba had gotten rok to assassinate VP N2 like he wanted to it would have been 3 v 3 and very hard for town to pull of the win by chance though they would have still had 1 RB and two saves so if they won the coin toss they could have taken back the majority with some luck.

I'm thinking about tweaking it a bit more and running another round in two months or so if you guys wouldn't be opposed.

I think Town was waaaay too overpowered. Or better, Mafia was too underpowered. It was straight up impossible to find the DCA. My gut told me Vpin and Rok and I almost pulled the trigger.

Also Scare, you do suck. At reading, at least. My PM said this:

"If you decide, do it quickly. He convinced Vpin and Rok already..."

Meaning that if you wanted to lynch MB you would have to convince Vpin and Rok to unvote me.

I think open comms screwed Mafia up because Vpin could just have told everyone who Mafia was. Then again, so could the Mafia (like I tried, a bit too late). To claim myself as the DCA and have Town lynch MB afterwards. Which was a pretty good plan had Scarecrow not misread/misunderstood the post above...
    US1 - R8: Seba18 - TMH
    US1 - R9: Easy Faked Oven - RIP (http://travian-reports.net/us/report/284151238bd/http://travian-reports.net/us/report/293427537bc)
    US19 - R1: Seba18 (win)

Ooh, Wildfire8 forgot to pm me a role.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapient View Post
    ...Sap you never signed up

And Seba, that was a pretty good move on your part. When you said you were going to try to convince Scare that you were the DCA and implicate MB i quickly messaged MB to explain what was going on to help him convince Scare he was telling the truth.

...Sap you never signed up

And Seba, that was a pretty good move on your part. When you said you were going to try to convince Scare that you were the DCA and implicate MB i quickly messaged MB to explain what was going on to help him convince Scare he was telling the truth.
    He had already done it by then. That was when I was about to PM to mb and tell him that I was the DCA and suspected that one of the others was setting up as a pretend version. I figured that even if there was no DCA, at least it would be down to 2 of us claiming. If you really were, it would mess the dish quite a lot. But then I decided not to. Partly because I knew I wasn't going to be online much and it would need management or look dodgy if I didn't reply in time to questions about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Seba View Post
    I think Town was waaaay too overpowered. Or better, Mafia was too underpowered. It was straight up impossible to find the DCA. My gut told me Vpin and Rok and I almost pulled the trigger.

Also Scare, you do suck. At reading, at least. My PM said this:

"If you decide, do it quickly. He convinced Vpin and Rok already..."

Meaning that if you wanted to lynch MB you would have to convince Vpin and Rok to unvote me.

I think open comms screwed Mafia up because Vpin could just have told everyone who Mafia was. Then again, so could the Mafia (like I tried, a bit too late). To claim myself as the DCA and have Town lynch MB afterwards. Which was a pretty good plan had Scarecrow not misread/misunderstood the post above...
    *Chuckle* I read it correctly. I just took your pm'ing me with names to help set future lynches.
    Mind games are fun.

It's extremely hard to convince a townie to lynch someone claiming detective. Especially with no counter claim. And rok you wouldn't have been able to convince me that you were DCA because I hit Seba when vpin told me to confirm what he was saying. So the odds of him not being the true DCA and risking me investigating the actual DCA were enough to put any doubt to rest. I even asked WF if the DCA would pop guilty to make sure vpin couldn't be lying.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapient View Post
    Yeah sorry bout that forgot that we'd talked in PM and just went off the thread on the day of.

This cat and mouse game is what I was going for. VP could really hurt mafia but risked Seba figuring it out when he actually made a move to help town.

In a future round would definitely make it closed comms so it relies much more on soft claiming and being tricky in thread.

It's extremely hard to convince a townie to lynch someone claiming detective. Especially with no counter claim. And rok you wouldn't have been able to convince me that you were DCA because I hit Seba when vpin told me to confirm what he was saying. So the odds of him not being the true DCA and risking me investigating the actual DCA were enough to put any doubt to rest. I even asked WF if the DCA would pop guilty to make sure vpin couldn't be lying.
    I wouldn't have tried to get you lynched, but vp. So, did the dca show guilty? It is a bit too easy if they don't? If you had two mafia and one dca all claiming dca to different people, and giving out the real mafia names, how would you pick it? That was what I was planning early on, but you obviously can't do it too early or we'd all get lynched. But as soon as Seba was up for the lynch, all of us could have claimed dca and providing you picked wrong just once we could win. Even without the traitor. But as soon as there was a convincing dca claim, it's over really.

But, I have to admit, I didn't even send a kill in on the last night. It was pretty clear vp was dca by then and I gave up. The most convincing line you ran vp was actually sending me for the kill N2 as agreed. I thought you would either have had the target protected, or just "forgotten", like the first night.

The lynch bit was at Seba for trying to have me lynched. The DCA shows innocent, but my ability is a one shot, so I only had one chance to get it right, which is why I risked waiting to use it. I don't know what made vpin pick me or if he messaged others but he kinda got lucky picking me since I could confirm his claim more or less.