Thread: Vacation mode

Default Vacation mode

This has to be the dumbest thing travain has ever done. I believe it needs to be stopped. On 2 seperate occasions this round i was chiefing an account. They went into vacation mode WTF!!! This is not right. ITs giving people the ability to ban themselves without bothering the MH. Its rediculous.They set for 1 day fill up warehouses and then que troops and go right back in or they just stay in till delete timer runs out. I believe this needs to be taken away.

I have to agree that it is very abused and very frustrating, however the concept is wonderful for those of us that are actually going on vacation. Perhaps it should be reconfigured so that one cannot set vacation for less than a specific number of days...let just say 5.
    S5R7(AE) - Pink Panther/JOY
    USxR24 - fireball/DKR

travian must protect the noobs.better to have them go on vacation then learn to play

yes, i agree it is flawed. this usx i was attacked during the night while i slept and after the player would go back nto vacation mode before i could retaliate. he actually had some ally that was doing the same and eventually his ally forgot to go into it again and i 0 popped him ( http://www.gettertools.com/tx3.travi...er/6924-killer ) as seen on gettertools. and then eventually the his friend deleted aswell. its basically a begginers protection bot if you ask me. i think it should be removed.
    Killer Of Giants

Quote Originally Posted by rost View Post
    This has to be the dumbest thing travain has ever done. I believe it needs to be stopped. On 2 seperate occasions this round i was chiefing an account. They went into vacation mode WTF!!! This is not right. ITs giving people the ability to ban themselves without bothering the MH. Its rediculous.They set for 1 day fill up warehouses and then que troops and go right back in or they just stay in till delete timer runs out. I believe this needs to be taken away.
    If you let an account enter vacation mode while chiefing them then its your own fault for being a noob. Keep constant attacks on them and they can't go into vacation mode.
    It's not that hard to keep one siege unit constantly walking towards an account and costs you close to nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelman View Post
    If I don't attack any WWs, can I take credit for the win?

Trick question, of course I can. After all, here in the forum no rules apply. Folks just declare themselves the winner. Easier. No unpleasant bending.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokchick View Post
    Pap is trying to do a wildfire with weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildfire8 View Post
    If you let an account enter vacation mode while chiefing them then its your own fault for being a noob. Keep constant attacks on them and they can't go into vacation mode.
    It's not that hard to keep one siege unit constantly walking towards an account and costs you close to nothing.
    um no i like to sleep and i play speed. so to attack my neighbor non stop i wouldnt sleep. so thats not gonna happen. but i will invite you the next usx,it should start soon and i will show how much of a noob i am. bet your in vaction mode by week4

Quote Originally Posted by rost View Post
    um no i like to sleep and i play speed. so to attack my neighbor non stop i wouldnt sleep. so thats not gonna happen. but i will invite you the next usx,it should start soon and i will show how much of a noob i am. bet your in vaction mode by week4
    You have to sleep while chiefing your neighbors? How long are you taking to do this? Chiefing shouldn't be something that takes multiple days, even on a slow server.
    S6-r1 The_Chuck S8-r1 Lanie (night shift) S5-r3 Tyche (night shift) S7-r3 Chuckles (night shift)
    S2-r6 Tommo and rebuild S1-r7 Country (day shift) S5-r7(AEU) Office Space S19-r2 (SE) The Joker

Quote Originally Posted by Tineren View Post
    You have to sleep while chiefing your neighbors? How long are you taking to do this? Chiefing shouldn't be something that takes multiple days, even on a slow server.
    I think he is talking about chiefing multiple villages (like 3-5). And as far as the vacation mode goes: If it gives TG tons of money they'll doubtfully remove it (unless it causes too much backlash).

Vacation mode is BS! It is only for newbs and farms like wildfire8.
    Fighting Dreamer

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    6. Jessica Alba will have an abortion, and completely divert her career to focus on creation hot pics for us. The top 10 attackers get the sexiest stuff. Limited offer.

Quote Originally Posted by ThrillSeeker View Post
    Vacation mode is BS! It is only for newbs and farms like wildfire8.
    LOL yeah I'm the newb who comes on the forums to ***** and complain when simply firing a farm list raid at a chiefing target with 1 cat in it every couple of hours could prevent someone from escaping into vacation mode...
    Seriously even in the very unique scenario of trying to chief 3-5 villages from an account on a speed server from an account with all its villages within a short distance of all your villages some simple planning like getting a night sitter for a few days (ignoring the fact you're a moron for not having night coverage on a speed server in the first place) is a pretty simple solution and not that hard to set up.

I love how the supposedly "good" players are complaining about how it's now a fraction more tedious to beat up on noob accounts, shut up TG doesn't even give a **** about real game balancing issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelman View Post
    If I don't attack any WWs, can I take credit for the win?

Trick question, of course I can. After all, here in the forum no rules apply. Folks just declare themselves the winner. Easier. No unpleasant bending.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokchick View Post
    Pap is trying to do a wildfire with weird.

i am so good i dont need night coverage. i sleep and chuck norris kicks all you fools in the **** while i sleep. i have played 25 speed rounds and always come out smelling like a rose. so please take your 4 hours to chief 4 squares away stupidity back to the snail server forums. or speak intelligently about a subject where travian is ruining the game for new players