Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Back door deals

Quote Originally Posted by Kerzi View Post
    Nope. Won't do that either.

You must know the movie, self-professed geek that you are. What do you think? What exactly happens in that scene?
    I'm a little rusty on this... not having watched that Batman since 1991 but the Joker forces Batman`s girl to dance and then he dies? Clever veiled threat there.

Nope. Wasn't looking to discuss a literal 'you' and 'me'. I was talking about the teams in general
    And yet you still haven't responded with what the team as a whole did well. Another disingenuous diplomatic act Kerzi?

Quote Originally Posted by Verlanie View Post
    dform was Corey from Fear, didn't believe you then, after that round on server 2 I did believe you. But he wasnt calling the shots, Perrin and Pyro were.
    You should always believe me Lanie. Much like I said on this round... like s6... when the Kerzi is away the mice will play.

It offers a convenient moral loop hole. Being able to benefit from the sins of others while keeping your own hands clean.
    Last edited by Lord Bane; 12-05-2015 at 11:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Verlanie View Post
    I have seen one that was doing it twice a week for a month, then stopped for 2 weeks and started again last week......
    Yup, the typical "if you do it, lets laugh, but when we do it, deflect and/or ignore the post" tactic.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bane View Post
    It offers a convenient moral loop hole. Being able to benefit from the sins of others while keeping your own hands clean.
    That's just mean-spirited trolling. There are legitimate criticisms of the Kerz, and that's not one of them. She's far more ethical than almost any leader I've met, including me. She also takes responsibility for her mistakes and truly comes clean about how events unfolded, something I don't think everyone here does.

Spying? I condone it wholeheartedly. It's part of the game and has been since it first appeared on the US servers. Trying to catch a spy is FUN, and a challenge. Back door deals? Absolutely. Politics and server manipulation is as important to this game as ANYTHING else, and anyone who says otherwise is naive or dishonest at some level. Is it OK to quietly make short-term deals with rivals and opponents to help your team gain an advantage? Heck, yes, as long as you don't outright lie. Dropping secret "black ops" accounts in other quads? If you have the people to do it, go for it. All of these things add to the game, IMO. And I think that when I play "dirty" I'm better at it than anyone.

That being said, I have not employed any of those "dirty" tactics here. And while all the things I mention above are fair game, in my book, there are lines you don't cross. You don't outright LIE. You don't multi-account, hack, steal PWs, or otherwise gain illegal access to accounts or use them for nefarious means. And you don't mole up in an enemy alliance and betray them after intending to do so all along.

I'm reformed.
    us5r1: Justinian (BS)
    us7r1: Domitian (CM-BS)
    us5r2: Justinian (KoN-FUSE) *win
    us4r3: Trajan (RC) *win
    us5r3: Justinian (KoN) *win
    us2r4: Buzz Lightyear (PD) *WW
    us5r4: Justinian (KoN) *win
    us5r5: Justinian (Bacon)
    us3r7: ??? (TL;DR) *win, #1 account
    us19: Atom Ant (H&V) *win

It's not mean spirited trolling.

They hit a nerve. The hypocrisy of this self righteous condemnation for one sin while looking the other way while their buddy commits the same act. Puke.

The hypocrisy of this self righteous condemnation for one sin while looking the other way while their buddy commits the same act. Puke.
    No, that's not fair. Kerzi took responsibility for what happened, and unless you want to say she came to the forum, took the mea culpa stand, and is an outright liar, then she told us it was an honest mistake. Nobody here was "looking the other way," but rather real life involuntarily prevented leadership from knowing everything. I am absolutely, 100% sure that if Kerzi had known, or even suspected, that things were as they were, that she would have fixed things. As someone who has been told many times behind the scenes, "No, Justinian, that is not how we play," I am certain of that more than any of you can be.

I think you're not giving enough credit. I've seen so many servers where multiple alliances, leaders, and teams have done all sorts of things that could be categorized (unfairly and fairly) as "dirty," but very rarely, if ever, do we see someone come out and take responsibility and be honest about what happened. Now if you're talking about another server, maybe it would be better to say so clearly, and then my inference would be wrong.

Come on, let's talk about what's going to happen here: Is NVF/WTF/PS going to unveil their next round of massive endgame hammers? Is Jarwa's girlfriend going to smash his laptop because she's a secret Bane apprentice? Will Jimmy take a 4th and 5th WW to try to dilute the TL;DR hammers?

I wonder how long before their last big round comes up. I mean, we are level 75, so they do have time to bulk up a bit more. Of course, that means we bulk up our D as well. The tough decisions facing leaders....

Quote Originally Posted by Justinian1 View Post
    No, that's not fair.
    Don't give her too much credit. I pioneered the full end game reveal. I suppose that's it though isn't it? We're two sides of the same coin. Like Batman and the Joker we too are locked in a philosophical battle for this server's soul. There's a wonderful piece written on why they never kill one another and while Gotham runs a wonderful parallel to S3 it is ultimately the Joker who is the hero. It's there for suiting that she used the Joker reference earlier.

Don't give her too much credit.
    I give her absolute credit. I've been lucky enough to play with, against, and alongside some of the best players in the game, on both US and international servers, and I can say without any hesitation that Kerzi is the best leader and one of the best players I have ever seen. It takes something special to win 3 servers in a row, and all the more when two of those 3 were against some of the best teams the .us has seen. I wish I were that good. I *am* a better dirty simmer than she is.

I pioneered the full end game reveal.
    That's an awesome post, and you deserve much praise for your honesty as well as insight. Not everyone has the ability to look at their own mistakes and see them as clearly. I don't know know that it was "pioneering," so to speak, as I saw similar things on both .com and .us in 2008 and 2009, but your post was a model for what all leaders should do at the end of a server. You gave credit to your team, you gave credit to your enemies, and you were honest. Someone should have bought you a pitcher of margs for that.

Someone should have bought you a pitcher of margs for that.
    I even give credit to Kerzi in that thread. Simmer that she is. As for the pitcher of margs I'll take you up on that some time. Val owes me to so in thinking two days in L.A. and two days in Vegas.

and two days in Vegas.
    That's like buying a really expensive steak dinner, taking two bites, and walking away. Four days.

I think its more accurate to say it's like surf and turf. Instead of just steak you add some lobster, shrimp or other sea food. Vegas is the turf. Santa Monica is the surf.

Trying to catch a spy is FUN
    It's even more fun to watch you try
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron D'Holbach View Post
    I'm going to go ahead and call this Cranny Envy

Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    It's even more fun to watch you try
    I claimed Gibby was in the lead, and she shows up. Discuss.
    Hai, I'm Jarwa

Many achievements. 10+ year player.

Best achievements:
    #1 attacker - s5r3 Constellation
    #3 Attacker, builder of 3 EGH's, leader, and WW winner of s3r8 - Jarwa / TL;DR

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Discuss.
    I'm just glad she showed up to reveal TLDR as the commie simmers they are and call them out for hiding the war criminal Whisper.

You add stability to my life, LB. It's good to know that some things never change. =)

I'm just glad she showed up to reveal....
    Just wait until you find out where she is. Her laughter will echo through the halls of your new Death Star.

Just over 1 week left. Lets see what hammers they can pull out in crunch time, and in mean time how many MP and TO I can destroy.

You add stability to my life, LB. It's good to know that some things never change. =)
    Awwww

Just wait until you find out where she is. Her laughter will echo through the halls of your new Death Star.
    As a product of WVF I have no doubt that it'll be epic.

As a product of Kerzi I have no doubt that it'll be diabolical.

Quote Originally Posted by Vicious_Machine View Post
    Just over 1 week left. Lets see what hammers they can pull out in crunch time, and in mean time how many MP and TO I can destroy.
    About time you took my idea. What am I at now, twenty?

No idea, my wing has a combined 2 attacks from PS, NVF, or WTF combined from yesterday till now. Both attacks were raids on a recently chiefed natar.

As a product of WVF I have no doubt that it'll be epic.

As a product of Kerzi I have no doubt that it'll be diabolical.
    and because of your influence, it was probably short-lived and overstated.
    Last edited by Gibby; 12-14-2015 at 01:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vicious_Machine View Post
    No idea, my wing has a combined 2 attacks from PS, NVF, or WTF combined from yesterday till now. Both attacks were raids on a recently chiefed natar.
    A bit delayed but I'll help you out. I just launched attacks on 113 separate targets in the TLDR DTX cuddle monster blob.

and because of your influence, it was probably short-lived and overstated.
    Look at you! That was actually pretty clever.

Last edited by Lord Bane; 12-17-2015 at 06:54 PM. Reason: I forgot Star Wars

Quote Originally Posted by justinian1 View Post
    fair enough. I give lanie the side eye all the time.

In all fairness, if we go down the path of looking at past server behavior to judge each other now, i am a condemned man many times over. I hope we can end this one with some mutual respect and a little more sense of sportsmanship than we have had. I sometimes get really ticked off at someone in game and think about how much i despise them....and then i remember how much i hated kon on s5r1 and thought kerzi was the devil incarnate.....and how sir william of pd was seen by us as the biggest dirtbag, cheater, and (insert hyperbole and insults galore here).....and how, you see how it's going. Then i met them (and more than a dozen or so others, all of whom were foes at one point in time) and realized they were not what i'd thought. They're all now good friends in r/l, and i would have never expected that.

That being said, you're all dirtbags and i loathe you. Prepare to meet your doom. Is this server over yet?

yep
    it is